What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Picked up my shortened and balanced driveshaft. They even greased the ujoint and painted it for me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mines not cool. Just a pile of ideas and experiments under cover as a trail rig.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I will take function over form any day. but it is pretty cool when our rigs look a nice as they do and we can still wheel them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Ordered led taillights, reverse spider led's from Kevin and headlights for my SS grill install. Pics coming soon :wootwoot::wootwoot:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Replaced FR rotor due to "warping" issue. Apparently they need to be "bedded in" or broken in to prevent the problem. I"ll do the other side tomorrow.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I added another, do I qualify as a fleet yet? This makes 4.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
installed the driveshaft. Then drove it a bit. I truly enjoy driving that thing.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

Bought killed myself trying to aim those things time to go out!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I started doing a little spring cleaning on the TrailBlazer. Only got the cargo carpet done and the driver side done. The seats and other carpet will be done later. Cleaner head liner and all other services. The cleaner and chimes I used did an awesome job
aefd4e35-d3e8-84df.jpg

aefd4e35-d3f4-1f31.jpg

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Can you come over and do mine?

Put air in the tires.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
installed the driveshaft. Then drove it a bit. I truly enjoy driving that thing.

The real question though, wouldn't it be better if you were a bit closer to the ground?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Drove it to Cabellas. Bought 2 new handguns, and then went to work..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
The real question though, wouldn't it be better if you were a bit closer to the ground?

I must be missing something, cause it would be better up on 40s....

TollKeeper said:
Drove it to Cabellas. Bought 2 new handguns, and then went to work..

Get some good stuff?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I may bath him inside and out....It's supposed to be really nice out today! I could possibly VHT my lights tonight too? I don't know yet though.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
TollKeeper said:
Bought 2 new handguns, and then went to work..

I really don't think those belong in the same sentence.

Today, I started peeling off tar, weird glue-type stuff, and random yellow spots off my paint. Underneath all that junk there is white paint with CHIPS!!! :hissyfit:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Lets see (from Thursday to Friday)

made new mock up of air intake
replaced t-stat, waterpump, and engine coolant temperature sensor
Installed 4 new drilled and slotted rotors and new pads
fixed some other things

Jham the new taco is freakin awesome, whoever decided to make it has only one down fall, WTF did it take so long to make a Dorito taco.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Washed the salt and crud off it. Found rust dots all over the paint. Sucks.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
DJones said:
I really don't think those belong in the same sentence.

Yea, well.. Its what I did!

HARDTRAILZ said:
Get some good stuff?

My wife doesnt seem to think so, of course she doesnt like guns in general..

I bought a Steyr M9A1 and a Purple Sig Saur Mosquito for her..

Was planning on going to the range today, but I went to work at 5 last night, and got off at 7 this morning. All I could think about was a soft pillow..

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I must be missing something, cause it would be better up on 40s....

I was just thinking you may have ben coming around to someone elses way of thinking.

I drove a lot today.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331423209962.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331423209962.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 60

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Lets see (from Thursday to Friday)

made new mock up of air intake
replaced t-stat, waterpump, and engine coolant temperature sensor
Installed 4 new drilled and slotted rotors and new pads
fixed some other things

Jham the new taco is freakin awesome, whoever decided to make it has only one down fall, WTF did it take so long to make a Dorito taco.

pics of the rotors installed? I ordered some today but for my wifes 07 grand prix gt :biggrin: will order mine in the following week :thumbsup:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
TexazReece said:
pics of the rotors installed? I ordered some today but for my wifes 07 grand prix gt :biggrin: will order mine in the following week :thumbsup:

Tomorrow. Today was recovery from being in the same position for 7 hours.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Finally made it to the bodyshop inorder to get my 9-7x roof rails & SS grill painted will be ready Tuesday Cant wait to install them
:biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I finished detailing the inside of the truck and I'm pretty happy with it. Next week will be the exterior when the weather is nice.

I also decided to hide the wire from my ScanGauge II.
62169ed8-1d17-2e03.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Gave the truck a bath just so it can rain tomorrow :hissyfit: Cleaned inside and out and realized he looks way better dirty lol I have a lot of work to do to get all the badge and molding residue off of the damn thing this spring. Still driving around without my running boards, but I may put my roof rack back on tomorrow or Tuesday.

I dont know how regulator can off road with his black truck, I cry at the looks of minor scratches lol

All clean

IMG_20120310_153713.jpg

IMG_20120310_153531.jpg

IMG_20120310_153417.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
got it all clean and cruised around in my 64 degree weather with the lady friend and ordered some new brighter LED dome lights

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I still have some goo left where I pulled off the LS badges on the side. It got cold and froze the goo, now it is warmed up but I'm not sure exactly how to get the stuff off. I've heard that goo gone or goof off works but I've also heard that it is hard on the paint, so... idk

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
I still have some goo left where I pulled off the LS badges on the side. It got cold and froze the goo, now it is warmed up but I'm not sure exactly how to get the stuff off. I've heard that goo gone or goof off works but I've also heard that it is hard on the paint, so... idk

We used goo gone I think, and where we used it on the back for the badge glue it seems the paint is kind of blah and dull. But where I used my finger to just wipe it off the paint looks okay, I just have some stuff that needs to be buffed out. Thankfully you can't see it in pictures lol plus I have glue from where I peeled the pillar plastic off.

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:

Try 3m adhesive remover .

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:

Goo Gone is the first step, you can use a heat gun if its realllyyy badd but it shouldn't be necessary. MOST important use a rubbing compound like Megs Ultimate Polish, M105 , Swirl Remover something with a micro abrasive to get the residue off that gives the paint its dull look.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
Gave the truck a bath just so it can rain tomorrow :hissyfit: Cleaned inside and out and realized he looks way better dirty lol I have a lot of work to do to get all the badge and molding residue off of the damn thing this spring. Still driving around without my running boards, but I may put my roof rack back on tomorrow or Tuesday.

I dont know how regulator can off road with his black truck, I cry at the looks of minor scratches lol

All clean

IMG_20120310_153713.jpg

IMG_20120310_153531.jpg

IMG_20120310_153417.jpg

Where are your running boards?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
barron03 said:
Sparky said:

Try 3m adhesive remover .

:iagree: This stuff works really well, and plays nice with paint :yes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Where are your running boards?

Well...They proved to be a bit of a PITA for the hubby lol we need new bolts/welds for them, and it will take my husband a while to remember to grab them from work. I probably won't have them until September :frown:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
Well...They proved to be a bit of a PITA for the hubby lol we need new bolts/welds for them, and it will take my husband a while to remember to grab them from work. I probably won't have them until September :frown:

Well, we just cant have that.. Time to give him the Icebox treatment... but dont tell him I said that LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online