What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
After seeing grounshocks mod I just had to! Sanded, plastic prep/primer, 5 coats of color and 2 clear on the mirror backs. 3 coats of night shades and 2 clear on the mirror turn lenses... I love it!:biggrin: :wootwoot:

View attachment 19358

Attachments

• mods 004.jpg
    mods 004.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
  • mods 003.jpg
    mods 003.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 18
  • mods 002.jpg
    mods 002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 19

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Painting my "shifter" gonna look good
ad6fcbf9-91c1-d3ff.jpg

Well hopefully. I am a lil tipsy

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
took it out for its usual daily drive but seen another unmodded LS and well what can i say we eneded up driving em like we stole em ... then did a lil parking lot flexing at burger king :woohoo:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Installed cabin air filters into my '02! :wootwoot:

Again, asking myself why I didnt do this sooner?!?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ad6fcbf9-9898-62f7.jpg

I don't think it looks too awfully bad. Little bit of bleed. But oh well. I'll clean it up somehow.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
ad6fcbf9-9898-62f7.jpg

I don't think it looks too awfully bad. Little bit of bleed. But oh well. I'll clean it up somehow.

Did you paint it?? I like the 2 tone!

I did an engine flush, oil change with mobile 1 full syn and a K&N oil filter. I also removed the CPAS and gave that baby a good spanking :wink: my SES light went off and no more codes being thrown I even have more power!

I am in the slow process of downloading my pictures from my camera to photohell and doing a write up on spanking the CPAS!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Yup I painted it. Bled a lil. But don't look too bad. It was all black.

I couldn't even tell which color you painted on it or where you see the bleeding lol I think it looks good! And you could use nail polish to fix the minor stuff. That's what I did on my GMC Emblem lol I used black nail polish to touch up a few places that I peeled off with the painters tape.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lol. That's funny. My wife said to use nail polish remover to get rid of the bleed. Women and their nails. :rolleyes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Lol. That's funny. My wife said to use nail polish remover to get rid of the bleed. Women and their nails. :rolleyes:

We women have secrets that you men would just die to find out :lipsrsealed:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A shot of my never-ending project. I might get these done this year :crazy: My biggest snag right now is figuring out what to do with the old glue that holds the lens on. How do you remove the old stuff? It's a royal pain!

IMG_0048.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
How do you remove the old stuff? It's a royal pain!

IMG_0048.jpg

Nail polish remover...and I'm not trying to be funny lol we used it and it works great. We keep a bottle in our tool box :wink:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Does it break down that gummy gray glue?

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
TexazReece said:
DJones said:

How did you get those end caps on........when I was testing the look on my truck the caps where difficult to put on without breaking :mad::hissyfit:

The rear caps were easy, but I did break the front ones trying to get them off the first time. I am going to get auto glue to keep them on. The rubber under the front isn't even touching the paint either.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
Does it break down that gummy gray glue?

It did for ours. We sprayed it on and let it sit for about 5 minutes, most peeled right off. I do think we used a razor to scrape some off too. Mind you I did this on a set of test headlights.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Lol I.currently have some heavy books laying on the rubber things the rails sit on because mine were like that too notaying flat on the roof. It's working cause they will lay flat on the roof now, just have to get em painted body color

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I did an engine flush, and cleaned the CPAS. It eliminated the SES light and the throwing of the p1345 and p0014 codes!! Super happy!

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Well today I got to install the (new to me) rear push button for the rear glass since last week I kinda sorta broke mine trying to free it up (it was very very stuck). At least I can use the rear glass instead of opening the entire lift gate again. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
It did for ours. We sprayed it on and let it sit for about 5 minutes, most peeled right off. I do think we used a razor to scrape some off too. Mind you I did this on a set of test headlights.

I may have to get some then. I'll get it late at night when nobody is around to see me in that aisle, then go through the self-checkout line :rotfl:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
We women have secrets that you men would just die to find out :lipsrsealed:

The only secret I want to find out from "you women" is where the off switch is for the "nagging bitch".. :lipsrsealed: :rotfl:

My wife has been on a wild tangent this week.. Things will be back to normal next week thou...

I cleaned out the spare parts I had in the backseat (a nav unit, and a 6 disc unit), and threw all the trash out from the floor..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
Sparky said:
A shot of my never-ending project. I might get these done this year :crazy: My biggest snag right now is figuring out what to do with the old glue that holds the lens on. How do you remove the old stuff? It's a royal pain!

Nail polish remover...and I'm not trying to be funny lol we used it and it works great. We keep a bottle in our tool box :wink:

:undecided: That would have been helpful to know when I was working on mine. I used a razor to cut away as much of the old stuff as I could. Didn't get rid of all of it, but so far it hasn't been an issue, and the RTV silicone is holding up just fine.

Sparky, your lights are lookin pretty sweet, hope you get those done and mounted up soon! :thumbsup: Are your strips white, or amber?

ConeKilrAutoX said:
finished my LED dash mod, just need to fine tune tachometer and hot spot on speedo. then hvac controls tmrw!

CAN NOT WAIT TO DISABLE the engine code for secondary air injection or turn it blue!

Nicely done, sorry I didn't get to your PM earlier, but looks like you figured things out. :yes:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Yesterday. another trip to rock island, il. brought back a trailer this time.
saw the eagles again. sorry for the bad pic, was on max zoom w/ my camera.
there is 8 in the pic.

Attachments

• ri trip eagles 009.jpg
    ri trip eagles 009.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ri trip eagles 004.jpg
    ri trip eagles 004.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 17

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Nice Trailor!

Had to have the water pump replaced on the truck I'm looking to trade in. It was a biotch that it happend but it had to be done.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Today, I replaced the blower resistor pack on my 2001 'Hoe. I will submit an article when I organize the pictures and write it up. :yes:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
A lot of stuff. Then it started to run funky (complete with an occasional backfire), then I got P0014. :hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Took the driveshaft to the machine shop for a little polish n trim

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Sparky, your lights are lookin pretty sweet, hope you get those done and mounted up soon! :thumbsup: Are your strips white, or amber?

Hmm... its a secret :cool:

Remember the relay pack I made? That goes with this too. It'll all make sense when I put it together :biggrin:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
well...I did some LED last night and DAMN it is addicting!
thats what I did to my GMT today.
rear wiper switch, headlight switch, SS dash, engine light, gas light, 4wd switch.

THANKS everyone for the diagrams in the LED MOD thread :thumbsup:

View attachment 19398

Attachments

• done11.jpg
    done11.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 20
  • done 9.jpg
    done 9.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 21
  • done10.jpg
    done10.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • done 2.jpg
    done 2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 22

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Tonight I changed spark plugs, cleaned throttle body, replaced some bulbs, and reinstalled rack and pinion correctly.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I haven't done anything yet today, however the bad vibration and backfiring stopped, then the SES light went out, taking P0014 with it. :wootwoot:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
rear wiper switch, headlight switch, SS dash, engine light, gas light, 4wd switch.

View attachment 4747

Dose that start button work or is it just there for show?

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Me007gold said:
Dose that start button work or is it just there for show?

And that's an odd place to put that in.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:

View attachment 4745View attachment 4746View attachment 4747View attachment 4748

You still have a TV sticker in that truck!! :squint: :wowfaint: :diggrave:

Besides that it looks great!!!

I haven't done anything with the truck today....except buy him insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online