What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
smoked the tail lights, LED's all around outside, HID's low beam and fog, DRL killed, amp went out so installed a new amp, tossed in the Alpine HU, think thats it :biggrin:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
4wVoy said:
smoked the tail lights, LED's all around outside, HID's low beam and fog, DRL killed, amp went out so installed a new amp, tossed in the Alpine HU, think thats it :biggrin:

PICTURES!!!!!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
My GMT took me to wal-mart today and then to gamestop for some DS games :tongue:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Got an oil change, Kendall Semi-Synthetic. Tire Rotation..

Then it took me to get a new scope mounted on my Rifle, and I put 3 hand guns, and a UMP in Layaway (until background check comes back)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Put in my husky liners

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
Changed oil, front and rear diff fluid, flushed power steering fluid, and. Put in led interior lights. Next week is plugs and fuel filter. :wootwoot:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
7ErUg.jpg

The window was still a bit damp after some rain this morning... Since I always wet install vinyl to glass, the backing tape will have to come off later.

Next project, lots of moss killing on the driveway. :mad:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Drove from Wheeling to Cleveland. Wifey wanted to go to the Cleveland Botanical Garden to the Orchid Mania show. Were gonna take her Aveo, but the accessory outlets didn't work (needed GPS). Gotta chase that down tomorrow. Once I get them uploaded I'll post a link to the photobucket if anyone is interested ....

Orchid Mania

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
How tall are those sides?
I was wondering the same thing! They look like they are about 10" maybe more.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
What did I do to my GMT today???

I broke it! :crazy:

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Not today, but a few days ago after work...oil change.

2012-03-01160313.jpg

Funny that a body guy has an alignment rack to use. lol

borretje

Jan 1, 2012
I spend the whle day washing and polishing the TB,because winter is over in Amsterdam!!!
:rotfl:

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
played with my avalanche brake light, still drying and needs another coat of paint, more clear and wet sanding on the tail lights, bought the wrong led for brake lights so i killed a few fuses. ordered new led's for the brake lights

from yesterday, HID's
IMG_0655.jpg

LED back up
IMG_0654.jpg

avalanche brake light
IMG_0653.jpg

brake light with tails
IMG_0652.jpg

here was some of the pile of goodies
IMG_0617.jpg

Volant cold air
IMG_0618.jpg

towed this monster back for me, new addition to the garage
IMG_0621.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
:yikes: What happened?

I put it in 4wd while in reverse. Although I did not drive reverse in 4wd. I backed up, stopped and put it in 4wd, then my yellow 4x4 switch light went out and I don't have 4wd anymore :frown:

The truck picked a real crappy night (3 inches of snow) to be a PITA. :hissyfit:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Pulled of my Carr light wing and safari bar and installed my GoRhino 3000 series push bar last night after getting back from Vegas. Tomorrow hopefully finishing up my sub enclosure.:yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Damn you got 55w HID's for both? Also whats the temp on those?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Damn you got 55w HID's for both? Also whats the temp on those?

My crystal ball shows melted fog light housings in someone's future.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
fixed the 4wd...it was just a loose connection! :wootwoot:

Spoke to soon....SES light just came on, going to go have it read. Truck is sputtering pretty good GAH!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Replaced my transfer case: not quite done as I have to tighten up bolts and fill with new fluid.
I am also aching - lifting that chunk of metal, even with the help of a hydraulic jack, is hard.

View attachment 19337

I bought the new used T/C two years ago.

Attachments

• HPIM0048.jpg
    HPIM0048.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 19

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DJones said:
Replaced my transfer case: not quite done as I have to tighten up bolts and fill with new fluid.
I am also aching - lifting that chunk of metal, even with the help of a hydraulic jack, is hard.

I bought the new used T/C two years ago.

How did it fail?
Why would you buy one two years ago and not install it?
Why install multiple offroad upgrades if you needed a TC?

They are fun to swap. Not as heavy as some though and better than swapping a transmission. Hope it all works out for ya.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
yesterday afternoon my dad and i replaced the cpas.. it had oil in the connector but the screens were still intact and the center screen was the only one with any gunk built up. how ever after the r/r the tb still wants to die when u give it a bit of gas while idle in park and reverse and idle is still missing a bit. fuel filter is next i guess.. just need to find a set of ramps... if that dont fix it... i have no idea off to the stealership i guess... i have a reader but it isnt throwing codes... it did throw a code about a month ago for the evap system.. rechecked the gas cap.. then i cleared it and code hasnt come back so i think i took care of that.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
LordBear said:
yesterday afternoon my dad and i replaced the cpas.. it had oil in the connector but the screens were still intact and the center screen was the only one with any gunk built up. how ever after the r/r the tb still wants to die when u give it a bit of gas while idle in park and reverse and idle is still missing a bit. fuel filter is next i guess.. just need to find a set of ramps... if that dont fix it... i have no idea off to the stealership i guess... i have a reader but it isnt throwing codes... it did throw a code about a month ago for the evap system.. rechecked the gas cap.. then i cleared it and code hasnt come back so i think i took care of that.

Throttle body.
Clean it.

Mine would sputter when doing that until I cleaned the throttle body and reset the ECM (pull the positive battery terminal while you clean the throttle body).

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Installed my PCM4Less tuned PCM! :wootwoot: :wootwoot: :wootwoot:

All I can say is WOW! I can light up my tires from a standstill and the power/shifts are soooooooooo much better.. why didnt I do this years ago?!!?:confused:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
HARDTRAILZ said:
How did it fail?
Why would you buy one two years ago and not install it?
Why install multiple offroad upgrades if you needed a TC?

They are fun to swap. Not as heavy as some though and better than swapping a transmission. Hope it all works out for ya.

It has basically been on its last legs for a while now. The problem with the old one was too much play between forward/reverse and shaking during 4WD acceleration.

The new one seems to be working well, except that I accidentally destroyed the front u-joint. I only have 2HI, A2WD, 2HI, and 2LO, for now. :crazy:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I got the TrailBlazer back from the shop today, nice to have it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online