What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Called OnStar and told them to shove it..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
TollKeeper said:
Called OnStar and told them to shove it..

:crackup: Any particular reason? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Trying to change the power steering pump in a snow storm :mad:

We have a 3hr drive coming up this evening and it needs to be done, especially with fresh powder falling.

I'm getting me a new puppy!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Trying to change the power steering pump in a snow storm :mad:

We have a 3hr drive coming up this evening and it needs to be done, especially with fresh powder falling.

I'm getting me a new puppy!

Kool what breed

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
Kool what breed

Min pin

We already have a 200lb Saint Bernard...kids need something smaller to play with :biggrin:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I decided that the one inch of mud that has been sitting on my gas tank shield needed to go. Not the most comfortable position to be in under your car with a cinder block or two sitting on top of you. The rearmost bolt hole was broken, but not at any real suprise to me.

I'm not sure how hard it should be to turn the front driveshaft, but it seems to be stiff.

After yesterday's post, I cleaned up the rest of my interior. All it needs now is a whole lot of vacuum cleaning.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Can't do much today since I'm at work and the weather is purdy shitty. :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Min pin

We already have a 200lb Saint Bernard...kids need something smaller to play with :biggrin:

Damn that is heavy!! Your kids (if there small enough) can prob ride that dog around the house :rotfl:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Today I thought about changing my fuel filter and spark plugs tomorrow, does that count for anything?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Glanced at my tires and it jumped out on me that they are showing their wear now. For a long time even after 20k miles they still looked really meaty. They have somewhere between 35k-40k on them now and they still look ok but definitely thinner looking. I know, it is to be expected, but I suspect that I'll definitely be wanting new tires before next winter. That is unless we have another "winter" like this one has been lol.

I'm sure that what doesn't help the perceived appearance of the tread is looking at mine after seeing pics of some of the big tires that a few members here run :laugh:

Also I suspect this summer I'll be replacing my t-stat. It has always been 1 tick below vertical 210, but mpg was normal so I haven't been too concerned. Well, a few times the gauge has slipped down a bit toward the next lower tick, but has come back up. MPG is still mostly normal but there have been a couple tanks that have been a little lower than usual. I'm thinking it is starting to get a little worse. Joy :crazy: But then, at 155k miles I really can't complain either.

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
*takes a deep breath

This technically should have been posted last night but I was just too tired.

Ok, so I had a whole slew of parts to "throw" at the truck, some needed ASAP and some just preventive/maintence, and have just been waiting for DECENT temperatures on a day the wife has off as its our only vehicle currently.

Already replaced front pass wheel bearing, and removed the fan clutch, fan, and shroud combo last week.
**Currently running fanless and awaiting the new PnP E-fan kit from PCMFORLESS. :biggrin:

Thermostat housing - Most Important of All! Engine running WAY too cold and KILLING MPG
Water pump - Common to replacefter removing that crap OEM fan setup, I could here the slightest noise/growl.
Idler pulley - Precautionary and since so cheap and already taking belt off
Serp Belt - Precautionary/Maintenance, old belt could be run for a while longer but again, Im already there.
Air Filter - Needed badly with Mi dirt roads. :redface:
Wiper Blade - Rubber tore on driver side blade other day and been rainy.
Clean Throttle Body!!! - ummmm, duh! Just bough it and its a must, esp with disconnect batt all day.

So, I had 3.5 hours to get as much as I could done before wife needed to take daughter to dance. I thought it would be enough for all or most.....lol...but not quite.

Started with thermostat housing as it was needed the most. I even tested the new one in a pan of water on stove and it opened up between 190-195 just like I expected). Everything went as expected for most part. I lost the special swivel socket I bought just for the bottom alt bolt so it took me nearly an hour to get it off. Put everything back, changed idler pulley, and belt, and realized I only had less than hour before she was leaving and hasnt even leak proof tested anything, so I planned to stop there until later. So got everything ready for the test drive, started TB up, and checked for leaks as I also waited to see if the therm opened up properly. Few minutes later the truck dies and keys are locked up in ignition. (Cant get them out or even get it all the way back to "off")

Long story short, after checking all fuses and taking everything back apart, I found that 1 of the 2 wires on the back of the alt wasnt connected. That then led me to think the battery was killed from running on batt only for 5 mins and a new battery would solve it. So after having family bring us one, all was solved and good in the kingdom again. It was late and dark by the time the new batt was in, so a few things didnt get done last night but will this weekend for sure. :crazy:

lesson learned = order volt meter and code reader or be at mercy of stealership next time!

Completed: Thermostat housing, Idler pulley, Belt, Air filter, Wiper blade, and new battery!

TRUCK RUNS RIGHT AT 210 NOW!! :wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot::wootwoot:

To finish this weekend: Water pump, Clean T.B. with Deep Creep, seafoam treatment gas tank, and triple check/observe everything.

To finish in near future when warmer: Other front wheel bearing and brakes, Install new tuned PCM and get CASE relearn, Install new E-fan kit, and then after that I can trouble shoot the 4 wheel drive! Pretty sure were going to need an encoder motor, but im replacing the 4x4 switch that sheared off and changing the TC fluid "first". :thumbsup:

whew......and to think I didnt even used to change my own oil........all thanks to you!

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Well I hit the unlock button on my key fob, open the door, got in the driver seat. Then I put the key in the ignition and started that great I6 up. This part gets really exciting.... I put my foot on the break, and moved the gear selector to the letter D. I slowly let my foot off of the brake pedal....... 10mins later. I filled the tank up. Then drove home..... LMAO

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
swapped the SS dash cluster in finally and de-badged the rest of the voy.

Got any pictures?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
swapped the SS dash cluster in finally and de-badged the rest of the voy.

You know the rules, pix or it didn't happen! :smile:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I went to go check on the TrailBlazer at the collision center and it's still not do so hopefully Monday.

Also, Enterprise called me and I guess they had double booked the Tahoe I was in so they asked me if I could ring it back for a swap out and this is what they gave me. :biggrin:

It is a BEAST
62169dc4-7282-b0d0.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Welcome (temporarily) to the longer side!! :wink: Looks nice Mike!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
yea yea pix or it didnt happen lol

View attachment 4554

:drooling: where did u find that cluster? Did you have any probz with the install & I've heard that with this mod it won't show mileage. Does it show for you............Great mod looks good.... No better than good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
TexazReece said:
:drooling: where did u find that cluster? Did you have any probz with the install & I've heard that with this mod it won't show mileage. Does it show for you............Great mod looks good.... No better than good :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you!
well I was about to buy a DIC online but then I saw a totaled SS at a local dealer and they were going to trash it so I took the cluster off their hands for $45 bucks haha. Its no problem at all if you have a place that does speedometer work by you. I went over and they made the mileage correction for me for $25.
I painted the needles so I could see better during day but at night I cant see at all :duh: so I don't know what to do yet. Hopefully after I put all blue LEDs behind it it will be better I didn't feel like buying new needles for $40...I am saving for a Tune.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Thank you!
well I was about to buy a DIC online but then I saw a totaled SS at a local dealer and they were going to trash it so I took the cluster off their hands for $45 bucks haha. Its no problem at all if you have a place that does speedometer work by you. I went over and they made the mileage correction for me for $25.
I painted the needles so I could see better during day but at night I cant see at all :duh: so I don't know what to do yet. Hopefully after I put all blue LEDs behind it it will be better I didn't feel like buying new needles for $40...I am saving for a Tune.

Now that's a GREAT find....$45 vs $200+ on ebay. I'm sure after putting in leds it will help u out :biggrin:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
TexazReece said:
Now that's a GREAT find....$45 vs $200+ on ebay. I'm sure after putting in leds it will help u out :biggrin:

haha I hope! no light comes through needle after I painted the one black and others white. but if not Im not too worried! Just happy I found it cheap and it works completely fine :yes:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Replaced the gas cap.... This is what the douche nuggets nuggets at the dealer had on there (kitten not included)....

tZG1V.jpg

(it was cleaned before the kitten "volunteered" to be a parts holder)

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Kardain, your cat may just be as furry as mine (part maine coon, 2 years old and is 37" long). I also need a new gas cap.

I put in a set of the spider reverse lights, i am now 100% LED, for the places that do not require solder at least.

I also received parts for my new project, thanks njansey for the great deal and super fast shipping :thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Blckshdw said:
:crackup: Any particular reason? Inquiring minds wanna know...

My BlueFusion works great, while I was installing the 97x Nav unit, I also installed a USB Charging station that I got from Ebay. So since my phone works thru my radio, doesnt cost me any extra, and is a HELL of a lot cheaper than onstar..

Also because i cant get OnStar in my wifes truck. I could get the FMV, but we are still at the mercy of their incredibly overpriced service.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Kardain, your cat may just be as furry as mine (part maine coon, 2 years old and is 37" long).

Not sure what mine is other than a black and white puffball.... She came from a little kid with box o' kittehs at the grocery store. Got the kitten so the two 13 y/o cats I have could have a new playmate while I'm at work. For the most part one gets along with the kitten quite well... The other not so much.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Ours was from Craigslist. She is very affectionate, and its really funny to watch her and the dog play (fight). All I know is she is still growing, and as long as she is now this cat is going to be f-ing huge.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Just got done changing oil and switched over to synthetic. Using mobil1. Man I hate where the oil filter is located at. What a bitch!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I changed my fog light housing that the 50w bulbs I had melted the top part of the reflector.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i just ordered my LED Switchbacks from a member on tbssownners... by far the cheapest place ive found them.. $20 bucks for the pair!!:wootwoot: 60 3528 SMD's with 360 degree wide viewing angle..

ive asked him if i could link his site over here since i know alot of people have interests in LED's and the other things that he is offering... stay tuned...

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Welcome (temporarily) to the longer side!! :wink: Looks nice Mike!

:rotfl: Thanks. I really like it. parkings a bitch but I found it it has a rear view camera so that's a nice feature.

goulds48

Jan 11, 2012
Nothing special but a good salt rinse
:rotfl:

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 15

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
goulds48 said:
Nothing special but a good salt rinse
:rotfl:

Looking sharp.

I lived in Seneca Falls for a few years and loved the place. I miss the scenery now that we live in Rochester :frown:

Didn't do much to ours today apart from taking our annual trip down to Welcome To Cartwright's Maple Tree Inn. All you can eat buckwheat pancakes and home made maple syrup :salivate:

We decided to take a short cut back up and took a seasonal road:biggrin: Lets just say she was sliding around a bit until we pulled over and dropped it into 4wd. I love taking dirt back roads in the winter ... so much fun :wootwoot:

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Installed new brake pads all the way around, replaced front rotors and flushed the brake fluid. Now she is super smooth and quiet.:wootwoot:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Marty395 said:
Replaced the battery in my key fob! I'm exhausted!

You should've taken it to the dealership...:rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
You should've taken it to the dealership...:rotfl:

They would prob come to find out your unlock button doesn't work if you do that....here comes a new fob :rotfl:

Luck me my key fob is rechargeable now which is sooo much better :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online