What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Well went out to figure out what was stopping the push button for my hatch glass. Well got it apart, but not without breaking the 90degree arm that locks the window..... I know now how to properly pull the damn thing apart. Also found out where the button goes in, it was just gummed up with 11 years of crap. cleaned it and lubed it. Window cant open, but the button works great.:duh:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
DJones said:
I installed a tri-band antenna. Diamond CR320A. Couldn't find the documentation on the internet about the SWR at all, and not too thrilled with it on 144.3

Closeness to the A pillar could be throwing it off.

What kind of mount is that?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
New LED Back up lights

0229121910.jpg

0229121908.jpg

0229121918.jpg

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
replaced regulator in the midgate window after work. surprisingly easy, despite all reading to the contrary.
only took about 35 minutes.

View attachment 19200

Attachments

• WP_000205.jpg
    WP_000205.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 9

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
PCMFORLESS tune installed. Like the new responsiveness. Too bad it's night and the weather sucks right now. Have to be a little careful as I need to relearn the Envoy just like the PCM does.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
All since December 2011:
- Replaced LCA brackets
- Replaced front sway bar bushings (2nd time)
- Replaced rear sway bar bushings (1st time)
- Replaced rear end links (4th time)
- Replaced both motor mounts
- Soldered in ceramic headlight connectors (lost count-a dozen times at least in the last 7 years!!)
- Replaced oxygen sensor
- New thermostat (2nd time)
- New ECT
- Replaced drivers side outer axle seal (2nd time)
- Replaced original burnt out xenon CHMSL :crazy:
- Flushed power steering
February 2012:
- Replaced CPAS twice (defective POS Dorman)
- Replaced crank sensor
- Replaced cam sensor
- Replaced camshaft actuator in engine
- Replaced valve cover gaskets
- Replaced intake gaskets
- Sent my PCM in for a PCM4L tune (waiting for it to come back, just sent it yday)
- Replaced passenger side hub assembly (3rd time)
- Replaced battery (warranty replacement)
Tonight:
- New air filter
- Removed & cleaned TB and disc battery for a TB calibration
- New upper radiator hose

Honestly, I am soooo sick and tired of working on my Envoy, the last 3 months have been AWFUL and its been nickel and diming me to death and Im STILL due for a fuel filter and I'd like to replace my spark plugs again too. Ive got 30k on the fuel filter and 65k on the plugs. I know the plugs are good for 100k (changed my originals at 89k) but I just bought six Delco iridiums and they are going to drive me crazy sitting on the shelf :biggrin:

I hate to say it, but this past weekend I was considering selling it and getting something newer and lower maintenance, maybe even a lease. :undecided:

It would be understandable if I just bought the truck and it wasnt maintained, but Ive owned it since 2003/2004 and have ALWAYS been ahead of the maintenance curve... until recently apparently!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Think of it this way - once you've gotten all that stuff done though, they should be done for a long time now :biggrin: Heck, my old car cost me gobs of money the first 2 years I had it (mostly neglect by the previous owner, then about $1800 in repairs due to crappy work by a "mechanic") and I barely put any miles on the car. Then the 3rd year I had it, I put a ton of miles on it (almost 40k) and I only had a coil pack and brake caliper act up (both original parts).

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Sparky said:
Think of it this way - once you've gotten all that stuff done though, they should be done for a long time now :biggrin: Heck, my old car cost me gobs of money the first 2 years I had it (mostly neglect by the previous owner, then about $1800 in repairs due to crappy work by a "mechanic") and I barely put any miles on the car. Then the 3rd year I had it, I put a ton of miles on it (almost 40k) and I only had a coil pack and brake caliper act up (both original parts).

Well Im going on the 8th year...lol. When will it stop?!?! It seems to be getting WORSE. I thought I had replaced almost everything already but its like an old leaky pipe, every time I plug 1 leak, 3 more pop up down the line :mad:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Nothing today, have been in a fair amount of pain from my incision. I didn't even go out of the house at all today. This weekend will be different though we plan on a full detail on the interior. Replace spark plugs, do the mod for auto fogs, and possibly paint the emblems on the grille. I need to wait to do most of my mods this summer due to poor weather.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Drove around, got lost, found where I needed to be, bought some wheels and tires, went home.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
kardain said:
Drove around, got lost, found where I needed to be, bought some wheels and tires, went home.

no-pics.gif

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Lollerz. I'm still driving

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
ok, before I get reprimanded for posting while driving.... stop lights are fun!!!

eDy8a.jpg

265/75r16's... If they don't work, I can flip them for more than I paid. Win all around.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice man!! Those look fresh and clean! Hummer rims!! As long as it doesn't say hummer on them and does not look like they do then they will look great on the truck :yes::thumbsup:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Thanks! They are branded, but there are some generic (unbranded) center caps on eBay I'll get in a few weeks.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Do they make center caps for those wheels that don't have the tab sticking out? I always thought that tab made them look weird or off balance or something.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Sparky said:
Do they make center caps for those wheels that don't have the tab sticking out? I always thought that tab made them look weird or off balance or something.

Not likely.... Here's what one looks like w/out the cap

NKY3m.jpg

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I cleaned out the glove box, center console, and both door pockets. 3 months worth of gas receipts is a lot!

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Replaced headlight bulbs, took the headlight covers off the brush guard and vinyl wrapped the bowtie.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I painted my grille emblem, my grille assy and did the auto fogs. I'm also in the process of tinting the heads and tails. Gonna try window tint :smile: I still need to do some sanding on the grille and another coat of paint...then dry and put back on! And I removed the plastic pillar sticky things lol so now the pillars are nice and shiny!

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
put more miles on today. deliverys to Crete and Beecher, IL and Lowell, IN (3 hrs round trip)
this was after yesterday to and from Rock Island, IL 4-1/2 hrs round trip. 442 mi total both days.
did get to see 10-15 Bald Eagles sitting in the trees along the Rock River :wootwoot:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
:yawn: Just been driving them the past few days.

punkdali

Jan 30, 2012
Cleaned the glovebox and found 2 checks from my daughters graduation party last may... was her truck at the time.... kids

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
punkdali said:
Cleaned the glovebox and found 2 checks from my daughters graduation party last may... was her truck at the time.... kids

As long as you can go cash them...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Did you sand those before painting? And what grit? Wet or dry etc, I am wanting to get rid of my chrome and do that more now that I see that lol

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Did you sand those before painting? And what grit? Wet or dry etc, I am wanting to get rid of my chrome and do that more now that I see that lol

Did something around 100 grit before applying primer, mostly to get 8 years of filth off the surface. Then did a dish soap scrub, 2 coats of primer, three coats of paint, and 4-5 of clear coat. Did not sand between coats.
View attachment 19215

View attachment 19213

View attachment 19214

2 coats of this on the turn signal lens + 2 of clear coat.
View attachment 19217

Bath fan got a workout, too cold inside the shed, made up a little paint studio in the shower. Then a couple 3 minute bursts of getting acetone high cleaning up the overspray.

Attachments

• bgm0380_020410.jpg
    bgm0380_020410.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image_9811.jpg
    image_9811.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 264507_front200.jpg
    264507_front200.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 235256_AU_10oz_LensTint_L.jpg
    235256_AU_10oz_LensTint_L.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 97

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Perfect!! Thank you!! Looks great :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Perfect!! Thank you!! Looks great :thumbsup:

I did mine with VHT and they turned out really good. I still need to clear coat them, but I'm not sanding lol to lazy!

IMG_20120301_220713.jpg

IMG_20120301_220704.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice!! How are they during the day? I mean if you cannot see them 100% during the day you'll be more then fine with the those blinkers, its just the front and back ones to be careful with :yes:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Nice!! How are they during the day? I mean if you cannot see them 100% during the day you'll be more then fine with the those blinkers, its just the front and back ones to be careful with :yes:

I can't see CRAP out of them during the day lol but thankfully I have signals on the heads and tails. I bet I'd see something if I had LED's. However I barely even noticed them during the day before I VHT them, in fact the first time we drove it at night, the side signals scared the jeevies out of me because I never noticed them actually work during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online