What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
I wish I didn't need the 3rd row seats. I like the SWB so much better on the Envoy's. I think mine looks like a dude van lol looks good, what did you use for the tire dressing? I tried armoral but it didn't last long and it collected a lot of dust.

Meguiars hot shine. Works well. I like it.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Meguiars hot shine. Works well. I like it.

I have some of that in a Meguiars car wash kit Wal-mart had on sale last week. I forgot all about that!! Thanks for reminding me lol
nvm- It's meguires, and it doesn't even have a tire cleaner in it, thought it did. But I will have to check out the other 2. I liked the armoural but like I said it didn't last long and it collected a lot of crap just sitting in the driveway.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Mine lasts a week or 2. Depending on rain.

Same here!! I hate when that stuff gets on the rims as we drive :mad:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Dropped off my truck to get repaired. :cool:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
I spray the dressing on a rag or sponge and apply. Overspray sucks!

I spray on the tire and then spread with a sponge!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Looked at its filth, drove it, listened to the front control arm bushings creak and groan, felt a bit of vibe in the steering, and grumbled. It's letting me know that 155k on original bushings is a bit much, I guess.

Going to hit the car wash at lunch today and I suppose I should look into new bushings for the front end. Probably the lowers are the ones that are shot, but I'll double check the uppers. I might do the lowers only (brackets since I can't get just the bushings), and then if the uppers are iffy replace the entire upper arms when I lift it (hopefully this fall, money permitting and all that jazz). Price for new bushings + getting them pressed might make it worth just buying new arms so then I also have rust-free arms when it is all said and done. Maybe.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, I got new tires. 255/55R18 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04. I bought them at Discount Tire and was overcharged $123.05 for things I didn't want to purchase such as sidewall puncture insurance and tire disposal fee. No wonder why they were so expensive. I got my money back though. Tire - $164, insurance for four - $105. If I get a hole, I would only be spending an additional $59. I'll take the risk. Chance of 2 tires getting unrepairable sidewalls: about as good as me being mauled by a polar bear while crossing any bridge in Indiana.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
DJones said:
Today, I got new tires. 255/55R18 Falken Ziex S/TZ-04. I bought them at Discount Tire and was overcharged $123.05 for things I didn't want to purchase such as sidewall puncture insurance and tire disposal fee. No wonder why they were so expensive. I got my money back though. Tire - $164, insurance for four - $105. If I get a hole, I would only be spending an additional $59. I'll take the risk. Chance of 2 tires getting unrepairable sidewalls: about as good as me being mauled by a polar bear while crossing any bridge in Indiana.

Haha. Those are the tires I have on mine with the exception of less sidewall. I bought mine used but they looked liked the prev owner had them on for maybe a day (lol). got em for $500

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Looks great!! You should get 4300k for the fogs! Or do you like the str8 yellow look?

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
ItsOnVoy said:
Looks great!! You should get 4300k for the fogs! Or do you like the str8 yellow look?
I like yellow fogs, my buddy is waiting for his 4300k fogs for his wifes GrandAm maybe he can sway me that way, but as of now I think it will be yellow.:biggrin: Plus I think the yellow would look a little better coming from my fogs since they are a projector.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Juicy K said:
I like yellow fogs, my buddy is waiting for his 4300k fogs for his wifes GrandAm maybe he can sway me that way, but as of now I think it will be yellow.:biggrin: Plus I think the yellow would look a little better coming from my fogs since they are a projector.

They will look better coming from projectors yes, any light does haha but the 4300k would look great also!! Will have some yellow but be more white! It looks better on trucks IMO!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yellow is better functionality-wise for fog however.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
I'll just have to see how the his fogs look, maybe it will be yellow enough. How do you guys feel about 55w fogs, do you think it would just light up the fog?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Juicy K said:
I'll just have to see how the his fogs look, maybe it will be yellow enough. How do you guys feel about 55w fogs, do you think it would just light up the fog?

I think 55w fogs would be way to much lol that will attract some :popo::popo: 35w is more then enough light but if you want you can try 55w and see if you get flashed and stuff! But if you do the 55w of course do not forget to do a relay harness for sure!! That will kill the factory lol

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
ItsOnVoy said:
I think 55w fogs would be way to much lol that will attract some :popo::popo: 35w is more then enough light but if you want you can try 55w and see if you get flashed and stuff! But if you do the 55w of course do not forget to do a relay harness for sure!! That will kill the factory lol

LOL I almost never use my fogs unless its a pretty dense fog. I dont just drive around with them on. but either way 55's may be a big overkill.:undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If the housings are plastic, definitely not. You'll melt them.

If the housings are metal with glass lenses, then heat-wise you'd be OK. 50W halogen would be ok. 50W HID, no... Too much light too close to the vehicle to be of any use.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Sparky said:

If the housings are metal with glass lenses, then heat-wise you'd be OK. 50W halogen would be ok. 50W HID, no... Too much light too close to the vehicle to be of any use.

I think they are metal I know the lens itself is glass. but I think i may just stick with 35w HIDS

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:

I had 50W halogen in my fogs,They melted part of one of my housings and and a drop of plastic landed on the bulb causing it to blow. I have a big piece of the chrome stuff just laying in that housing. I have a new housing on the way to replace that one.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida

Attachments

• HPIM0031.jpg
    HPIM0031.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 160
  • HPIM0034.jpg
    HPIM0034.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 161
  • HPIM0035.jpg
    HPIM0035.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 161

fireman4215

Dec 18, 2011
Got some new tires put on went with some Goodyear wranglers. Also decided to reprint the roof rack since its faded.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fireman4215 said:
Got some new tires put on went with some Goodyear wranglers. Also decided to reprint the roof rack since its faded.

What flavor of Wrangler?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I had 50W halogen in my fogs,They melted part of one of my housings and and a drop of plastic landed on the bulb causing it to blow. I have a big piece of the chrome stuff just laying in that housing. I have a new housing on the way to replace that one.

That's because TB fog housings and lenses are plastic. Usually projectors are metal housings and glass lenses, which the TBSS and Bravada have (and maybe the 9-7x too, I'm not sure what kind of fogs it has for sure).

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I said f*** it and painting my logo black. its chipping and want somethin a lil different. In the process now.
ad923ad1-aa00-1875.jpg

B4
ad923ad1-aa2d-aff5.jpg

If I dont like it I can always strip it down and do silver again

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Lol. Ahhhh

What are you using to paint your emblem? And are you clear coating it? I want to do mine, but I need to figure out what I want first :crazy:
If I go black....I wonder if I can use my niteshade?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
DJones said:
The SWR information was lacking. Only the product documentation has it.
Well typical is <1.5:1 ratio across the band. Are you having problems with SWR on it? Maybe you should start a new thread on it.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
What are you using to paint your emblem? And are you clear coating it? I want to do mine, but I need to figure out what I want first :crazy:
If I go black....I wonder if I can use my niteshade?

Well that's what I am using. Lol

ad923ad1-bbbe-4d74.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Looks good man! :thumbsup: You should have taped off the outline of it and left that silver, or what that the part that was chipping? Got a pic of it on the truck now?

Voymom, you can use nite-shade or you can use regular paint!! What ever you have by hand. i used a black paint that had really small silver flakes in it which looks really sweet but you have to get closer to it to see the silver flakes

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:

You beat me to it lol looks great tho!! Will run great with the tints on the tails and the black rims your gonna have :yes:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well my son decides he wants to grab something off the table and drops the damn thing on the floor. (The logo). Paint tacky as hell. DAMN kids. Welp now gotta paint all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online