What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well, i got my first shipment of LED's in... they are for the rear turn signals... 68 SMD 3157's

2012-02-25163706.jpg

Damn :cool: Those will be pretty bright for turn signals lol I will be able to see you signal from here :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
Damn :cool: Those will be pretty bright for turn signals lol I will be able to see you signal from here :rotfl:

:rotfl:

well 2 reasons why i got these... one, my tails are tinted.. pretty dark too... so these will help... second, i have 24 3mm forward facing LED's (kinda like my reverse led lights) and i tested them.. yea..hell no they didnt work at all!! lol... a cop would definetly ticket me for not signaling, thats how dull they were... so i bought the 68 SMD's...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:rotfl:

well 2 reasons why i got these... one, my tails are tinted.. pretty dark too... so these will help... second, i have 24 3mm forward facing LED's (kinda like my reverse led lights) and i tested them.. yea..hell no they didnt work at all!! lol... a cop would definetly ticket me for not signaling, thats how dull they were... so i bought the 68 SMD's...

Yeah the 68SMD's will be really bright in the tail lights!! :yes: Now what I do not understand is this, regular bulbs have two filaments, lower one for running lights and upper one for braking and is brighter. How do LED's work when it comes to that? Will only half turn on with running lights or something? One reason why I do not have LED's in mine lol do not want my running lights to be the same brightness as my brakes lights :rotfl:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I would not put the racks back on unless you want to use them! I have noticed there is a black lining around each rack, did you just peel all that off? Because I feel like that is there to keep any water out etc.

If you want a mod I would pull the plastic stickers off the front pillars. YES I know your truck is black and the pillar sticker are black and no reason to but would look better to me. will give the pillars a shine alone with her trucks paint!

I miss my running boards. And here in Iowa you never know when a deer will jump out in front of you, and I would need something to strap the carcass to as I'd be taking that bastard home to poppa! lol No I miss my racks....so when it gets warm(tomorrow :wink:) I plan on putting them back on. As far as front pillar...you would have to direct me to exactly what that is. Is it the dull black plastic on my door/window? I think a good buff and wax and everything will be okay, the truck has some oxidation on it that needs worked out this summer.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
That would probably fail inspection too.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I'm so glad Iowa doesn't do inspections lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
As far as front pillar...you would have to direct me to exactly what that is. Is it the dull black plastic on my door/window? I think a good buff and wax and everything will be okay, the truck has some oxidation on it that needs worked out this summer.

No a buff and wax wont work (if your thinking of the same part as me) lol its a plastic on top of your pillars. There is paint under them. Here are mine

Before
2010-08-18_17-55-56_280.jpg

Pillerpull4.jpg

After
IMG_0341.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
No a buff and wax wont work (if your thinking of the same part as me) lol its a plastic on top of your pillars. There is paint under them. Here are mine

Before
2010-08-18_17-55-56_280.jpg

Pillerpull4.jpg

After
IMG_0341.jpg

Yup same part. Now when you took them off did you just cut at the bottom or pull it all off? I'm asking because I would worry about the black "rubber" seal on the bottom of the windows. I wouldn't want to damage those. If I pulled mine off I would worry that the black would be much deeper and darker than the rest of my truck as it's oxidized and a bit dull. :confused:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Yup same part. Now when you took them off did you just cut at the bottom or pull it all off? I'm asking because I would worry about the black "rubber" seal on the bottom of the windows. I wouldn't want to damage those. If I pulled mine off I would worry that the black would be much deeper and darker than the rest of my truck as it's oxidized and a bit dull. :confused:

Well I pulled mine the bottom part is put in the rubber a bit behind it but just pull it out! The color of the pillars should be the same as the truck, if anything better and more fresh since that part has not been exposed to anything. Now if you do it, there is a sticker under that when pulling so try to pull it right because 3 of my 6 left the sticker behind and a good hour of cleaning each pillar after :hissyfit::hissyfit:

I mean this is up to you of course, just gave that idea out there so the front ones can have a painted shine look like the rear one does so they match. Now do not cut that rubber at the bottom! lol That is bolted on the door and stays on there

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah the 68SMD's will be really bright in the tail lights!! :yes: Now what I do not understand is this, regular bulbs have two filaments, lower one for running lights and upper one for braking and is brighter. How do LED's work when it comes to that? Will only half turn on with running lights or something? One reason why I do not have LED's in mine lol do not want my running lights to be the same brightness as my brakes lights :rotfl:

They have circuitry in them to typically dim the LEDs for running lights.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
They have circuitry in them to typically dim the LEDs for running lights.

yup... i would compare it to your interior LED's, they dim when you adjust your dimmer switch.. same concept outside, but slightly different

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yup... i would compare it to your interior LED's, they dim when you adjust your dimmer switch.. same concept outside, but slightly different

Don't remind me that I don't have interior LEDs, I'm trying not to put any money into any more mods on my truck right now :tongue:
(except maybe to finish up mods in progress)

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Don't remind me that I don't have interior LEDs, I'm trying not to put any money into any more mods on my truck right now :tongue:
(except maybe to finish up mods in progress)

oh C'MON bro!!!! :crackup:

i just got these for my DD (cool white of course)
[EBAY]350527795366[/EBAY]

im sorry, is that itching the bug too much :rotfl:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Pressure washed off the dirty road salt, that lasted a couple minutes :mad:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
NewfieEnvoy said:
Pressure washed off the dirty road salt, that lasted a couple minutes :mad:

I think Sparky should use your avatar :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
oh C'MON bro!!!! :crackup:

i just got these for my DD (cool white of course)
[EBAY]350527795366[/EBAY]

im sorry, is that itching the bug too much :rotfl:

:rotfl: Wow you and Carlton are evil when it comes to others mod bugs for LED's :crackup: :raspberry: There has to be some kind of spray repellent for this bug or something! haha

This should do it haha
bug+spray.jpg

By the way, how are the quality of those lights lol because I have cheap ones like this on the inside of my truck and there not as good! Going to switch to better ones later on like the ones I have on the outside

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've pushed and fed other people's LED mod bugs too, so I guess it is only fair that I get pushed back :crazy:

<ignores Boricua SS's ebay post>
:raspberry:

I actually have some LEDs left over from another project from a long time ago, but they aren't too bright. They would be OK to start with, however I don't have enough of them to do all the lights :no: So in the storage bin they stay.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
I've pushed and fed other people's LED mod bugs too, so I guess it is only fair that I get pushed back :crazy:

:rotfl: I guess if you cannot beat em join em huh?! I shall start feeding others bugs also haha

Sparky said:
<ignores Boricua SS's ebay post>
:raspberry:

I actually have some LEDs left over from another project from a long time ago, but they aren't too bright. They would be OK to start with, however I don't have enough of them to do all the lights :no: So in the storage bin they stay.

I was going to upgrade to these for the most part on the inside!! I have those 194 bulbs on my license plate and are awesome! worth every penny for sure!

[EBAY]150739748136[/EBAY]

Prob get these from a USA seller rather then a Hong Kong seller! I am not that patient when it comes to waiting for what I buy lol
[EBAY]270906049437[/EBAY]

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:crackup: at Sparky.... had to poke my fun in there for ya :thumbsup:

Sam, the lights are perfect for my application... my DD is a Grand Prix... so the interior is not as big as our vehicles... so they do the job... the first link you posted to ebay are a little bit better, but due to the contact pad.. you see how big yours are, compared to the standard style of mine... i had to adjust some of the contacts, by moving them to the sides a little bit, then as it seeded in the socket, it aligned properly... so with your bigger contacts, its just easier... the LED's i have for my SS are 9 LED's per bulb... total of 4 sides, with 2 LED's on each side, then one firing down... so they are ubber bright in the SS, where as the ones i just bought are only 4, and all 4 fire down... but like i said, the DD has a smallerr interior. so it lights it up perfect for me... i wouldnt use them in the SS though.. they are perfect for license plate leds too, since the light is forced down anyway..

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:crackup: at Sparky.... had to poke my fun in there for ya :thumbsup:

Sam, the lights are perfect for my application... my DD is a Grand Prix... so the interior is not as big as our vehicles... so they do the job... the first link you posted to ebay are a little bit better, but due to the contact pad.. you see how big yours are, compared to the standard style of mine... i had to adjust some of the contacts, by moving them to the sides a little bit, then as it seeded in the socket, it aligned properly... so with your bigger contacts, its just easier... the LED's i have for my SS are 9 LED's per bulb... total of 4 sides, with 2 LED's on each side, then one firing down... so they are ubber bright in the SS, where as the ones i just bought are only 4, and all 4 fire down... but like i said, the DD has a smallerr interior. so it lights it up perfect for me... i wouldnt use them in the SS though.. they are perfect for license plate leds too, since the light is forced down anyway..

Yeah the contacts are awful for the ones I have in the inside!! I wouldn't do that many leds on the inside! That is too bright for me haha those 5smd are the most I will go to! the 4leds I have inside (which arent that great quality) are bright enough so those 5's will light up great and more then enough for me :yes:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
Well I had fun today!! Met High Voltage. We attempted and hubby is still attempting to install the running boards lol. Broke 2 ratchets so far :biggrin: We had a yummy lunch of lamb burgers and fries. Then Jeff put my 3rd brake light decal on, and tagged me with my very own NATION decals!! I have pictures of the NATION decals and the running boards going on, but I want to wait until tonight to take a picture of my 3rd brake light decal.

Anyways, Thanks a bunch to Jeff for driving out here and meeting us. Had a blast and I look forward to having a meet when it's warmer, and maybe get a few more people involved!

IMG_20120225_130747.jpg

IMG_20120225_143510.jpg

IMG_20120225_143521.jpg

IMG_20120225_144759.jpg
Great meeting you guys today! Lunch was yummy! Wish I could have stayed longer! Your hubby was doing a great job on the install taking his time and not forcing the bolts in and breaking the weld nuts!
Voymom said:
Not installed yet, had to get washers for the bolts. Tomorrow it;s supposed to be 60 out so he can do them then...I took to long in the tool store cause I bought a few extra's for my bag :biggrin: and it was to dark when I got home.

As far as rock chips....I don't think so. But then again I haven't checked. The truck is pretty much dirty ALL the time lol

And my 3rd brake light decal. Had to do it at an angle or it was just a red blur lol. I am in love with it!!! Thank you Jeff!!

IMG_20120225_183103.jpg
Looks good! Take a pic with flash of the rear decal. Hold the camera a at an angle so nobody can see that its crooked! :bonk:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Headed shortly to put the new front diff in...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Swapped in SS front diff and rebuild splined disco

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Swapped in SS front diff and rebuild splined disco

:thumbsup:

I made some steering upgrades this weekend. :wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
:thumbsup:

I made some steering upgrades this weekend. :wootwoot:

Shoulda thought that through better I had the whole rack out and could done it easily...

Hope it worked well though.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Shoulda thought that through better I had the whole rack out and could done it easily...

Hope it worked well though.

It went pretty well, and we made a few more educated observations that will make this upgrade easier for folks down the road. I don't have drill bit sizes, but we drilled out the entire whole first, and then reamed it out with the tapered bit. We only needed to go a bit more then a quarter inch with the reamer that way. We also tried to mark the bit at the proper depth so that future users don't drill to deep.

Hotness and Hatchet have both ordered the parts needed for the upgrade and will be preforming this soon. Hatchet is going to look at having the bit sharpened before passing in back to you for your use. I also added a bit of cardboard to the inside lid of the box to be able to sign out name as a historical record of the traveling reamer! :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cool make sure everyone sends v7 his money to help cover the community reamer.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Such a nice day, washed and dried her, now its that time to wax her. :biggrin: Cannot wait for warmer weather so it can go back to 2 cleanings a week.:cool:

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Installed SS Shocks and Springs on my other TB (LS) and installed the GM Performance Sway bar as well. Cornered hard for a TEST and surprised by the result. NOT complaining...

photo-3.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Juicy K said:
Thanks Voymom, I just cant wait for this spring so I can do a full detail.

I feel the same way! I can spend all day washing, waxing and cleaning my vehicles. But I won't do anything nearly as detailed on the Envoy as I would different cars, the black just gets so dirty so quickly. I tried washing it one day and not driving it, but it happened to be pretty windy out, and apparently black cars can get just as dirty sitting in the driveway as they can driving down the road :crazy:

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Voymom said:
I feel the same way! I can spend all day washing, waxing and cleaning my vehicles. But I won't do anything nearly as detailed on the Envoy as I would different cars, the black just gets so dirty so quickly. I tried washing it one day and not driving it, but it happened to be pretty windy out, and apparently black cars can get just as dirty sitting in the driveway as they can driving down the road :crazy:

Keeping a black car just takes dedication. Lucky for me we only have one of them.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Today, while I was filling up at the gas station, I decided to squeegee the salt off of my windshield. Already having wipers on crutches, I bumped one of them and sent pieces of plastic flying. I went to AutoZone and picked up a pair of RainX Latitude wiper blades. These claim to not allow snow and ice buildup on the blade, something that would always happen with the old ones.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Washed the voy and added some tire dressing. Finally, some warmer temps.
ad6c5eb1-f83c-5821.jpg

I wish I didn't need the 3rd row seats. I like the SWB so much better on the Envoy's. I think mine looks like a dude van lol looks good, what did you use for the tire dressing? I tried armoral but it didn't last long and it collected a lot of dust.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
I wish I didn't need the 3rd row seats. I like the SWB so much better on the Envoy's. I think mine looks like a dude van lol looks good, what did you use for the tire dressing? I tried armoral but it didn't last long and it collected a lot of dust.

Black magic is the best :biggrin: That is what I use on my trucks tires

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Black magic is the best :biggrin: That is what I use on my trucks tires

I thought about trying it, seen it at the local parts store, maybe I will pick some up this spring when the weather is nicer. Yesterday was our nicest day...tomorrow they are calling for ice and freezing rain :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online