What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Oh Hum!!!! :yawn: Just drove them the past few days.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
07ChevyTruck said:
Oh Hum!!!! :yawn: Just drove them the past few days.

:iagree: And watched my money go into my gas tank.

And prepare for a secret mod I am doing tomorrow. Everybody will see later.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
DJones said:

Not much of a secret anymore... Now everyone knows you are doing something.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cleaned it out. Organized tools and such in rear. Swapped blue interior leds to green. Put SS front diff in truck for swap Sunday.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
DJones said:

Satellite reconissance is a go!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Recently put a eBay Led in the hatch found out that the little 3M adhesive can only stand up to the Type Rs for about 3 hours lol Gorilla tape fixed that issue other than that the SS has been pretty dormant people keep offering me rides on the weekends when I go out lol.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Tore apart the dash
Broke a peice in the center console
Tore out the center console
Put dash back together
Put center console back together

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Stood outside and stared for a while... Realized something was missing, so ordered a few goodies to fix that.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Filled my 04 up with gas. Holly Empty Wallet!!!! :yikes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drove mine to work. First trip out of the neighborhood with new wheels and tires... Much taller feeling.

Got me thinking and with a bit o searching I figured out people measure about 32.25" in the front, 33.25" in the rear. Mine is about 43.75" front and 44.25" rear. Measuring from ground to center of wheelwells.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Replaced the connector that hubby cut when he was replacing the t-stat. And then gave Phantom a bath!

IMG_20120224_153328.jpg

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Drove mine to work. First trip out of the neighborhood with new wheels and tires... Much taller feeling.

Got me thinking and with a bit o searching I figured out people measure about 32.25" in the front, 33.25" in the rear. Mine is about 43.75" front and 44.25" rear. Measuring from ground to center of wheelwells.

Dang it now I have to measure mine!:hissyfit:

Hobby

Dec 11, 2011

Attachments

• 0224121725a.jpg
    0224121725a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 0224121723.jpg
    0224121723.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 0224121725.jpg
    0224121725.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 18

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
She got lifted, and new Bilsteins in the front.:wootwoot:

Thank you Eric (ScarabEpic22).

Wow, that was quick Les Schwab just called and Alignment is done, wakiking over now to pick her up.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
jbones said:
She got lifted, and new Bilsteins in the front.:wootwoot:

Thank you Eric.

Wow, that was quick Les Schwab just called and Alignment is done, wakiking over now to pick her up.

Welcome to the lifted side!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Attempting to replace another tie rod and a ball joint. Fun fun.

Man looks like your car is going through hell and back lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I made an attempt to do the headlight resto, they look better but not new :frown:. I also installed the corner LED's and the resistors, they seem to work when they want, sometimes its normal others its hyper blink :confused:. I used the strip, spread, push and wrap around technique, so I know the connection is good. I also though about making some HID relay harnesses, but figured it easier to order them. I didnt get pics of them reinstalled as I was trying to beat a pretty ferocious storm, I barely made it. Hail started falling as I was running back to the apartment.

Driver side before
View attachment 19083

Passenger side before
View attachment 19085

Driver side after
View attachment 19082

Passenger side after
View attachment 19084

The driver side is OEM, the passenger side is a TYC replacement (previous owners). I do still have a few swirl marks but thats an easy fix.

I also threw and engine code P0128, looks like its t-stat time.

Attachments

• Driver Side after.jpg
    Driver Side after.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Driver side before.jpg
    Driver side before.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Passanger side after.jpg
    Passanger side after.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Passanger side before.jpg
    Passanger side before.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Man looks like your car is going through hell and back lol

Nope just needed to be fixed so aignment from my drop can finaly be done correctly. Its done!! yiippyy

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Installed a 97x nav radio into my Voy.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Do you have links for the LEDs you ordered?

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well I had fun today!! Met High Voltage. We attempted and hubby is still attempting to install the running boards lol. Broke 2 ratchets so far :biggrin: We had a yummy lunch of lamb burgers and fries. Then Jeff put my 3rd brake light decal on, and tagged me with my very own NATION decals!! I have pictures of the NATION decals and the running boards going on, but I want to wait until tonight to take a picture of my 3rd brake light decal.

Anyways, Thanks a bunch to Jeff for driving out here and meeting us. Had a blast and I look forward to having a meet when it's warmer, and maybe get a few more people involved!

IMG_20120225_130747.jpg

IMG_20120225_143510.jpg

IMG_20120225_143521.jpg

IMG_20120225_144759.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
Edit: Oops, read too fast... :redface:
LOL...

Your hubby would have an easier time if it was lifted :wink:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
djthumper said:
LOL...

Your hubby would have an easier time if it was lifted :wink:

That's what the jack is for :biggrin:

Besides, who lifts a van :wink:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
That's what the jack is for :biggrin:

Besides, who lifts a van :wink:

So are they installed yet?? I know you short people (my wife included) are looking forward to running boards..

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Is there any rock chips under the dirt on the side? Because I am on the edge on removing mine when I start my mod list lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Is there any rock chips under the dirt on the side? Because I am on the edge on removing mine when I start my mod list lol

I think it is unavoidable. My TB had both factory boards and flaps yet the lower part of the doors still have a rough appearance and pitted paint when you get closer. From a distance it looks OK but you can certainly feel it by hand.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

Not installed yet, had to get washers for the bolts. Tomorrow it;s supposed to be 60 out so he can do them then...I took to long in the tool store cause I bought a few extra's for my bag :biggrin: and it was to dark when I got home.

As far as rock chips....I don't think so. But then again I haven't checked. The truck is pretty much dirty ALL the time lol

And my 3rd brake light decal. Had to do it at an angle or it was just a red blur lol. I am in love with it!!! Thank you Jeff!!

IMG_20120225_183103.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
I think it is unavoidable. My TB had both factory boards and flaps yet the lower part of the doors still have a rough appearance and pitted paint when you get closer. From a distance it looks OK but you can certainly feel it by hand.

Yeah for me with just the boards they look brand new pretty much!! See I do not have anything in the back and there isn't any chips at all.

Voymom said:
Not installed yet, had to get washers for the bolts. Tomorrow it;s supposed to be 60 out so he can do them then...I took to long in the tool store cause I bought a few extra's for my bag :biggrin: and it was to dark when I got home.

As far as rock chips....I don't think so. But then again I haven't checked. The truck is pretty much dirty ALL the time lol

Lucky you!! 60 weather sounds awesome right now lol

Oh okay!! Yeah I hear horror stories about them coming off lol my truck isn't lifted so I think it wont be that bad!! and my tires are not crazy off roading tires so I won't be picking up too many rocks I dont think or at least I hope

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah for me with just the boards they look brand new pretty much!! See I do not have anything in the back and there isn't any chips at all.

Lucky you!! 60 weather sounds awesome right now lol

Oh okay!! Yeah I hear horror stories about them coming off lol my truck isn't lifted so I think it wont be that bad!! and my tires are not crazy off roading tires so I won't be picking up too many rocks I dont think or at least I hope

I'm not lifted at all either. I may do a 2.5" suspension but I haven't decided yet. I guess it would all boil down to seeing MY truck raised to actually decide, but I'd hate to make someone go through the hassle to lift it and have me not like it lol.

I have all stock as of now. But I do have a few mods in mind. I do know I am re-racking him lol I want my roof racks back, otherwise he just looks like a van :lipsrsealed:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, i got my first shipment of LED's in... they are for the rear turn signals... 68 SMD 3157's

2012-02-25163706.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
I'm not lifted at all either. I may do a 2.5" suspension but I haven't decided yet. I guess it would all boil down to seeing MY truck raised to actually decide, but I'd hate to make someone go through the hassle to lift it and have me not like it lol.

I have all stock as of now. But I do have a few mods in mind. I do know I am re-racking him lol I want my roof racks back, otherwise he just looks like a van :lipsrsealed:

I would not put the racks back on unless you want to use them! I have noticed there is a black lining around each rack, did you just peel all that off? Because I feel like that is there to keep any water out etc.

If you want a mod I would pull the plastic stickers off the front pillars. YES I know your truck is black and the pillar sticker are black and no reason to but would look better to me. will give the pillars a shine alone with her trucks paint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online