Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Jman423 said:
Back to the body shop... again.

:confused: What are you having done?

WillyGood

Jan 31, 2012
Had new Moog sway bar bushings installed. Found out the squeaking I was getting in the front end was not from the suspension but rather from the hood! I made some adjustments to the rubber hood stops and presto, no more annoying squeaks. Also the truck feels so much tighter around turns from the bushings. I haven't driven it long since the repair but I feel like I don't get this violent side to side motion over bumps while turning at low speeds. Thank god, that noise was driving me nuts. Truck feels great.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
Back to the body shop... again.

X2 what did somebody do to the SS

...Well replaced another blower motor resistor and pigtail Im getting pretty good at this stuff lol alot faster then the first time around only had one pin burn out this time instead of 4. Got the parts for free from advanced autos they were only 5 months old still underwarranty so all is good now :redface: and I will have heat in the morning now.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
painted my wai today(color to match my truck) put on ventvisors,bugflector,cleaned the TB and gave her a wash.
69798335.jpg

1efe0b92.jpg

2755f302.jpg

6257e4d6.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Lets see, today I did some more work on the alarm system, still only have a few things left to do :wootwoot:

So friday night (20*)I installed the alarm to the point of it working, so now my TB has keyless entry :wootwoot:

saturday I went back and cleaned up some wiring, installed the sensors, and some brackets. I installed my new License plate bulbs

Amazon.com: 2pcs Canbus Error Free Warning Wedge T10 W5W, 168, 194 5050 SMD LED Light for Audi, BMW, Benz: Automotive

= f-ing bright.

I installed the new tail lights, I know i need pictures.

Sunday I installed the reverse camera, HU, a new set of Polk speakers up front.

Today, I tried installing an extra set of blinking lights to ward of predators, however the system I have for some reason will not accept them. So Im at square one with these.

I will get pics, and overall a very productive weekend, most of this done in cold weather, not to mention sunday we had a nice batch of freezing rain and snow.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well the voy is at the stealership right now getting fixed!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Well the voy is at the stealership right now getting fixed!

An 02 is not under warranty so why would you give away your money?????????

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:

HARDTRAILZ said:
An 02 is not under warranty so why would you give away your money?????????

Well car is done and its one of those :duh::bonk: moments. I had a gas leak that I saw yesterday and my dad and I were not sure what it was so I took it to them this morning and it turned out to be just the fuel filter. I thought it could have been a fuel line and stuff but it was as simple as the fuel filter. So I had that replaced and went a head and told them to clean the throttle body (since it was never cleaned) and injectors and all that good stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
went a head and told them to clean the throttle body (since it was never cleaned) and injectors and all that good stuff.

You must have money to burn, because they dont do shit for free and thats simple for you to do and a good way to get familiar with the truck and see if anything else needs tending too.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
You must have money to burn, because they dont do shit for free and thats simple for you to do and a good way to get familiar with the truck and see if anything else needs tending too.

Or make your parents pay for it :tongue:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Oh I know I can do the throttle body and all that! Even the fuel filter is something I can do (which I did not know it was that till they had it and checked it) but the truck was already in there hands so my dad told me to go a head and get it done so I said okay. Plus it is too cold out and snowing!

Blckshdw said:
Or make your parents pay for it :tongue:

They did :wink: lol

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh I know I can do the throttle body and all that! Even the fuel filter is something I can do (which I did not know it was that till they had it and checked it) but the truck was already in there hands so my dad told me to go a head and get it done so I said okay. Plus it is too cold out and snowing

I can't wait for it to warm up so I can clean my throttle body. I got the cleaner and everything just sitting on my dresser. Maybe Jeff can show me how it's done next week, as I have never personally done one before? I also need to get the T-sat in that I thought hubby put in already but hasn't lol. And I haven't done anything to my truck today, I have been relaxing!

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Took the driver rear window switch apart to see why the window will roll itself down. The window works fine with the other switch, so I am ordering a new one.

gr82bCanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Taking the TB to the shop to get fixed....:frown:

Cleaning the Silverado

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Went to get an alignment done....have another outer tie-rod that's bad and upper ball joint on other side. Dude wanted to charge me $147 just for the upper balljoint. :eek: went to autozone and bought an ubj for $23 lifetime warranty and greasable. Haha. What a freakin joke!!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Washed both my trucks on Saturday and damn mother nature rained all over my good work. :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Went ahead and cleaned the air filter also! Now she should run like new :wootwoot:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I got an ass load of work done today starting from my first accomplishment

I finally got the driver side plate adapter that I made for my sun visor monitors off, so now I am rocking lighted vanity mirrors with stock sun visors :wootwoot: Don't know if I should feel happy, probably the biggest mistake I ever made was putting those in the truck.

Anyways, I got the 3 wires ran under the hood for the psyren, tach and hood pin. Doesnt sound like a big achievement but after dealing with the factory wire boot for an hour I drilled a 3/8"s hole and put a grommet in. Psyren works, just need to do the other 2 wires tomorrow, along with the remote start wire.

My Avalanche 3rd brake light came in today

View attachment 19010

I also got pics of my new tails and the HID's.

View attachment 19011
View attachment 19012
View attachment 19013
View attachment 19014

Oh yeah I scraped the TV.com decals off my truck, Now I need some GMTnation ones.

Attachments

• 3rd brake light.jpg
    3rd brake light.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 4
  • driver side.jpg
    driver side.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 4
  • passanger.jpg
    passanger.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
  • HID.jpg
    HID.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 5

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:confused: Now what's going on with your lift gate bar? Is it just the camera playing tricks on us?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Like I said in another thread, it is in rough shape. My girlfriend ordered me a new one so that will be fixed soon.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
:wootwoot:

My license plate and reverse LEDs came today.

Yeah yeah, pics or it didn't happen:

License plate lights in, left reverse is LED and right is stock incandescent
View attachment 19022

License and reverse lights all LEDs.
View attachment 19021

Only hard part of the job was that I was batting .750 putting the LEDs in with polarity reversed.

Attachments

• LEDtagReverse.jpg
    LEDtagReverse.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
  • LEDcompare.jpg
    LEDcompare.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
What bulbs did you use for the license plate? They just don't look bright enough to me. Maybe your reverse lights are throwing them off a little IDK???

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Short Bus said:
What bulbs did you use for the license plate? They just don't look bright enough to me. Maybe your reverse lights are throwing them off a little IDK???

They look bright enough to me lol you do not want them to be that bright!! Then the cops will see them from a distance now :tongue::raspberry: lol jk but no they look fine to me!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Short Bus said:

Could be, the flash made the picture worthless. I also put a black block over the plate info and you're losing some of the light effect there. I put one license LED to compare against the the stock bulb and it was brighter. You don't get a lot of room in those license light housings so you have to be careful what you order. I got 18 SMD LED bulbs for the license in my Silverado but they were a smidge too long for the housing there. Those might fit in the Envoy but they cast a lot of light to the side as compared to straight down.

These are the bulbs I got based on the LED mod thread.

License (T10 194 168 5 LED SMD Wedge Light Bulb WHITE)
[EBAY]150739748136[/EBAY]

Reverse (3157 3156 68 1210 SMD LED Brake Light Bulb White):
[EBAY]170766860521[/EBAY]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Mark20 said:
Could be, the flash made the picture worthless. I also put a black block over the plate info and you're losing some of the light effect there. I put one license LED to compare against the the stock bulb and it was brighter. You don't get a lot of room in those license light housings so you have to be careful what you order. I got 18 SMD LED bulbs for the license in my Silverado but they were a smidge too long for the housing there. Those might fit in the Envoy but they cast a lot of light to the side as compared to straight down.

These are the bulbs I got based on the LED mod thread.

License:
[EBAY]150739748136[/EBAY]

Those are what I have on my license plate and they are pretty bright!!

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

His reverse lights are pretty bright so they could be making them seem not as bright as they really are

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Those are what I have on my license plate and they are pretty bright!!
His reverse lights are pretty bright so they could be making them seem not as bright as they really are

You can't see the red reflectors in the reverse light assembly in any of our pictures. It just gets lost in the camera.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Mark20 said:
You can't see the red reflectors in the reverse light assembly in any of our pictures. It just gets lost in the camera.

Yeah those pictures are really bad and the camera hides the reflectors. Night pictures of lights are usually a fail if you ask me, do not always come out giving the lights too much justice! They always look better in person!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Mark20 said:
You don't get a lot of room in those license light housings so you have to be careful what you order. I got 18 SMD LED bulbs for the license in my Silverado but they were a smidge too long for the housing there. Those might fit in the Envoy but they cast a lot of light to the side as compared to straight down.

These are what I use, 9 SMD, all strait down

[EBAY]110615407156[/EBAY]

0111110606.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
2012-02-22_14-23-12_874.jpg

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Started the day working on the Air Suspension on the Bravada to level it out. Its about an inch and a quarter difference between front and rear now. :biggrin: Then at 1pm I had to re-install the new LGM in my Moms Trailblazer to have it at the stealership at 2pm for re-programing. Well the LGM did not fix the rear wiper. Decided to try my (working) rear wiper switch and that did not work. Now I have to try and convince my Father it is most likely the wires that go from the body to hatch...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
lookin sexy Kyle... cant wait to see it in MI...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I have been hubby's cheerleader all night while he has been fartin around with the T-stat and ALT. I'm laid up from surgery so I get to hold the stupid flashlight and hand out tools :hissyfit:

On a plus note...I did spoil myself and bought me a new tool kit :smile: and it's purple!!

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Today, I hopefully cleared out the sunroof drain blockage. Will know the next time it rains.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
Installed my pcmforless tune. Will see how it does on the way to work tomorrow.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Well, technically this was done yesterday(Should of been done 2 weeks ago) :biggrin:

Before

IMG_20120207_150235.jpg

And After

IMG_20120223_114043.jpg

However, in the process my wonderful husband decided to do this.....

IMG_20120222_224443.jpg

He spliced the wires back together for a makeshift connector. We have one ordered and will be in at the stealership tomorrow. So far we have only had to stop once due to the wires coming loose :crazy: But after a quick squeeze all was back to normal. My poor Phantom needs a handicap sticker :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online