What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I bought a tie rod for my voy and some black vht....gonna do some paintin on my tails. Both sets.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I used the VHT niteshade to completely darken my side mirror turn signals. They are no longer Amber....but I'm just not sure if I made them to dark. I have to do another coat hubby says :crazy: and then they will sit and dry for 24hrs before I put them back on.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I ordered LED back up lights

[EBAY]280823489765[/EBAY]

Voymom said:
I used the VHT niteshade to completely darken my side mirror turn signals. They are no longer Amber....but I'm just not sure if I made them to dark. I have to do another coat hubby says :crazy: and then they will sit and dry for 24hrs before I put them back on.

Like I said in your thread, make sure you do a couple coats of clear. Also, if you want them to be glass smooth do about 10 coats of clear wet sand with 2000 grit, buff with polishing compound then wax.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Priced some real performance parts today and I have started putting money away for
OBX Long Tube Headers with high flow cat, emissions are no fun lol
PCM Stealth Cam High Lift
Hopefully to have it all done by Fall Its a long project but that way I can take my time and not smash my bank account all at once.
iEATsrt8!! Cant wait!

Deeds

Jan 6, 2012
Breaks my heart..the 2005 was my second TB and can't believe I can't get another 4WD like it from GM at this time.

Was it good to me - yes but alot of stuff went wrong after I bought it out of lease after 4 years. But not alot of what has happened to others, so that is good.
The trade-in needs a fan clutch, plugs (I'm at 176km, should have done at 160km) o2 sensor, and minor other stuff - but all other fluid requirements have been done.

So why am I getting rid of it? I have always travelled with my 2 dogs. Both recently passed. My young dog was hit by a train in Nov up at my Hunt Camp, and my older dog was put down 2 weeks today of old age related growths/pain/etc.

I thought I was dealing with it but I have not been. I look in the backseat and they are not there.There are so many memories of me/my dogs and my 2 TB's that for whatever reason it has all overwhelmed me. So it was time for me to change to keep my good memories well, good.

Maybe not a valid reason for getting out of the TB, but it is mine, and I am OK with it.

I learned alot here and the TV site, stuff that can apply to many situations, so that is great. Will I still come here? Of course. I am getting a Terrain and expect that as years pass alot of the issues that the TV's have will replicate in the Terrain/Equinox and because of this site I will be prepared.

All the best to all and good luck in the future,

Deeds.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
RIP pups, i know how they can play an important part of one's life. I also got my TV for the dogs. Hate to see anyone have to do it but understand your situation. I have 5 dogs and a cat and zero children. My pets are my kids and treat them as such.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
Just ordered my wheels and tires, got the Ultra Wheel Bolt in black wrapped in General Grabber AT2's. bad news is the wheels are on back order and probably wont see them for a month :mad:

EDIT: I should have thrown in the sizes, my bad, still trying to wake up lol, wheels are 17X8, tires are 265/70/17 and I ordered a set of 5

ultra_wheels_bolt_198_semi-gloss-black.jpg

761619185_260.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
4wVoy said:
Just ordered my wheels and tires, got the Ultra Wheel Bolt in black wrapped in General Grabber AT2's. bad news is the wheels are on back order and probably wont see them for a month :mad:

ultra_wheels_bolt_198_semi-gloss-black.jpg

761619185_260.jpg

Those things are awesome! Worth the wait for sure nice choice!

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
finding a wheel that was a decent offset/back spacing that i liked was hard to do, I wanted 16's but ended up with 17's, brand new wheel that hit the shelves last friday and sold out quick, thats just my luck, thanks too, i am sure i will be happy

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not done yet, but will be... Got help to install my rear locker and teach me a bit about setting up gears. Just need this real job BS to end so i can load up and head to his house.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
4wVoy said:
finding a wheel that was a decent offset/back spacing that i liked was hard to do, I wanted 16's but ended up with 17's, brand new wheel that hit the shelves last friday and sold out quick, thats just my luck, thanks too, i am sure i will be happy

I could have pointed you to several rims that would work. The 16" wheels are hard to find... trust me, I swooped in on the ones I have.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
no worries, i found a few that would work just didnt catch my eye. these were pretty cheap too, got 5 mounted and balanced with lugs for 1665 with tax and road hazard warranty, think the wheels were like 124 each

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
4wVoy said:
no worries, i found a few that would work just didnt catch my eye. these were pretty cheap too, got 5 mounted and balanced with lugs for 1665 with tax and road hazard warranty, think the wheels were like 124 each

WillyGood said:
Those rims are real nice.

What does something like that cost you?
:poke:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
WillyGood said:
ha ha I never saw that smiley before. Sorry didn't mean to be intrusive but those are pretty much just what I'm looking for.
I thought it was odd you missed the cost in his post is all.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the LockRight in the rearend and ready to install

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
A break in the rain allowed me to finish wiring up the front aux lights.

Started on a roof light bar, only got as far as a trip to the hardware store for some aluminum square stock.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got the 14 bolt in!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Been real busy lately so not much time for my TB. All I did was put my center caps back on lol! End of the month getting my new HU. I'm off to dubai for the next 10 days

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
fadyasha said:
Been real busy lately so not much time for my TB. All I did was put my center caps back on lol! End of the month getting my new HU. I'm off to dubai for the next 10 days

I'll be in dubai this coming weekend it looks like

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Drove mine, again, as usual. Except I got a vibration in my steering wheel at highway speeds. Also noticed what sounds like my front passenger suspension creaking yesterday when I was backing out of my boss's driveway at a company party (has a large change in angle when backing out). I wonder if they are related. All the bushings in the front suspension are factory original, and the front passenger side has creaked in the past but quit for a while. Inner tie rod ends are original, outers were replaced Nov 2010 and 34k miles ago along with the upper and lower ball joints.

I guess I'll need to jack it up and check stuff out. A slight vibe on the highway isn't too annoying but it had a few good shakes that bothered me :undecided:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Recleared my tails. Sanded them and put on 3 more coats. Used different clear tho. Seems to be more (glassy) than the rustoleum brand. I used dupli-color this time around.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i ordered up some rear turn signal led's... 68 SMD to be exact.... should be here by thursday... now all i have left to order are my switchbacks, and my exterior led conversion will be complete :yes:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
today i cleaned casper and got around to install my led emergency lights i had laying around for a while![video=youtube_share;Tvw60vEGOjU]http://youtu.be/Tvw60vEGOjU[/video]http://youtu.be/h5mbahhOv4Mhttp://youtu.be/h5mbahhOv4M

[video=youtube_share;h5mbahhOv4M]http://youtu.be/h5mbahhOv4M[/video]

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Check engine light came on today. Hooked up the scanner and turned out to be a P0440 code today. Did a quick search and turned out to be my gas cap that was loose. Think i'm gonna need a new one because this isn't the first time. The replacement turnout to be a sucker:hissyfit:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Woke up with no air blowing sooo I see myself in the future cramped in the passenger side hopefully it is the resistor and pigtail because I have the advanced auto 1year manuf. waranty, just praying its not the blower or hvac controls I don't want to deal with that. Guess we will find out after work in the nice cold weather.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Did not physically do anything, but did just call for an appointment to get moms new LGM programed for Moms TB on Wednesday.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Just finished cleaning my throttle body, since I had some of the intake taken apart for some measurements (and dropping one of my sockets under the windshield washer tank :duh: :hissyfit:)

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
added a 4th to the fleet. :wootwoot: :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Uh oh Regulator is starting a collection, pretty soon he'll be on that hoarders TV show :eek: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josh Rescue

Members Online