What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Getting 475kms per tank now with 80% city driving
Equals to 295.151 miles per tank for all the americans
Pretty happy considering i was getting 420-440kms max before the tune
Could definitely be getting better mileage if i wasnt racing all the FR-S' and hondas that cut me off :rotfl: hitting 3-4K rpm 4-5 times a week recently and it feels GREAT!, the wider width of the SS rims and tires make handling substantially better and cannot wait to lower it and rip into freeway ramps lol might be a couple months though... :frown:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bought it another set of wheels n tires to play with. Never know what you will find at a garage sale.

RedVirus

Feb 12, 2013
put on a new serpentine belt tensioner and a new serpentine belt
and a new water pump too

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Bought it another set of wheels n tires to play with. Never know what you will find at a garage sale.

That sounds like a pretty sweet garage sale. Nice find how much did you get them for?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
That sounds like a pretty sweet garage sale. Nice find how much did you get them for?

My dad actually stopped in at a sale at a property that neighbors one of ours and found them and called me. 35x12.50x15 Big O Bigfoot AT on 15x10 Aluminum wheels that look to be Mickey Thompson Classic II or a copy. Tires are a 1/4 tread and wheels need some polishing or paint, but I did get them for a nice price.

SEMIJim

Apr 13, 2013
Took mine in to an automotive upholstery place to have the seat-bottom of the driver's seat reupholstered. Turns out my new-to-me truck's PO was a smoker (which explains what I've since learned was it having been "scent-bombed" as part of the detailing). The seat-bottom had not less than three melted-on burn-hole repairs to which somebody had gone to great pains to hide. After about two months of ownership, they showed up. :mad:

The truck is otherwise in good enough shape to make the $300 upholstery repair worthwhile.

Jim

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Put some weatherstripping that had fallen off the rear passenger side door back on with 3M adhesive. Also did the weatherstripping around the rear door rear wheel wells on both sides.

I also ordered a bunch of new bulbs since the side light on the front left headlight went out, so I figured I'd replace them all while I was there. Both of my rear tail lights have condensation, and the rear right harness has water corrosion so I ordered a new one of those and new housings for left and right tail lights. Bulbs for all of those as well.

Oh and I ordered set screws to fill in the roof rack holes. I already have some teflon tape. Anyone know if I will need to also seal them in or will it be fine like that?

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
SEMIJim said:
Took mine in to an automotive upholstery place to have the seat-bottom of the driver's seat reupholstered. Turns out my new-to-me truck's PO was a smoker (which explains what I've since learned was it having been "scent-bombed" as part of the detailing). The seat-bottom had not less than three melted-on burn-hole repairs to which somebody had gone to great pains to hide. After about two months of ownership, they showed up. :mad:

The truck is otherwise in good enough shape to make the $300 upholstery repair worthwhile.

Jim

That sucks! I hate smokers!!:hissyfit: I wouldnt buy a rig if a smoker owned it and i knew it.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Broke down and ordered some Morimoto 880 3K HID bulbs for the fogs. I could not pass up TRS's 20% off sale. I have 4300K HIDs in the fogs now, so I will see how the 3K performs.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Put some weatherstripping that had fallen off the rear passenger side door back on with 3M adhesive. Also did the weatherstripping around the rear door rear wheel wells on both sides.

I also ordered a bunch of new bulbs since the side light on the front left headlight went out, so I figured I'd replace them all while I was there. Both of my rear tail lights have condensation, and the rear right harness has water corrosion so I ordered a new one of those and new housings for left and right tail lights. Bulbs for all of those as well.

Oh and I ordered set screws to fill in the roof rack holes. I already have some teflon tape. Anyone know if I will need to also seal them in or will it be fine like that?

thats all i did w/ mine. used toch up paint over the top of them. no leaks in 3-1/2 yrs. :twocents:

SEMIJim

Apr 13, 2013
yodaddy4200 said:
That sucks! I hate smokers!!:hissyfit: I wouldnt buy a rig if a smoker owned it and i knew it.
Eh... *shrug* I dislike careless, sloppy smokers that leave their garbage around and destroy things, but, being an ex-smoker, myself, I can hardly be too critical :wink:

The seat's fixed, so it's all good :smile: SWMBO thinks her cleaning machine can do a better job than the detailers did, so we'll probaby try to take that to the interior sometime soon.

Jim

DenaliHD66

Dec 4, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Broke down and ordered some Morimoto 880 3K HID bulbs for the fogs. I could not pass up TRS's 20% off sale. I have 4300K HIDs in the fogs now, so I will see how the 3K performs.

You won't be disappointed with 3k's.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Just finished the front upper control arms. Took about an hour and a half. If it wasn't for the fenderwell being in the way of the front bolt on the driver side it probably wouldn't have taken 1 hour. They have been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months because I was nervous about how hard it was gonna be. Turns out I was nervous for no reason. Its done, and all of the sway I noticed before that I thought was normal is gone. I am happy. Cant wait to hook the boat up and see how it tows now. Maybe I wont need the sway control on there anymore.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
With JimmyJam's help, we flashed my PCM tune and went for a data logging run. :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Took my headlights apart.....:biggrin:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373420617896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373420617896.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 23

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
lol wth you do that for?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Those were my spares...they were junk anyway...I only wanted the orange reflector...vht'd it. The clear on the driver side cracked due to the bulb being too close. Might tear them apart and replace.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
jrSS said:
Those were my spares...they were junk anyway...I only wanted the orange reflector...vht'd it. The clear on the driver side cracked due to the bulb being too close. Might tear them apart and replace.

speaking of spares...how might you feel about parting with those headlight mount thingies? :raspberry:

Jimmyz

Jul 3, 2013
I replaced my midgate window regulator in my 2004 Envoy XUV, Pretty easy job!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Just finished installing my Morimoto 880 3K HIDs in the fogs. Not sure how I feel about them yet. We will see how they perform tonight on my way to work.

View attachment 29399

Attachments

• 20130711_132510.jpg
    20130711_132510.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Polished my tails to a glass like finish....and finished my tinted headlight corners.
And I washed her today

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373582737764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373582737764.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373582752471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373582752471.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373582782174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373582782174.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373582796329.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373582796329.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 35

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
haven't posted in a few weeks... but I took my car in for an oil change today and I got to see the beaSSt... I should have her back tomorrow... crate motor is in... this new motor came from GM Performance themselves... there are no ties to Dahmer anymore... and Dahmer had nothing to do with this crate motor... so finally... it's all GM...

20130711_154640_zps1c3d4ddd.jpg

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Boricua SS said:
haven't posted in a few weeks... but I took my car in for an oil change today and I got to see the beaSSt... I should have her back tomorrow... crate motor is in... this new motor came from GM Performance themselves... there are no ties to Dahmer anymore... and Dahmer had nothing to do with this crate motor... so finally... it's all GM...

20130711_154640_zps1c3d4ddd.jpg

Woohoo!

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Went down to my cousin's job at a local Kia dealership to sample my sounds for him and some of his coworkers. Thought I noticed some wobble when I was getting off the freeway and had a bad feeling. Boy was I right, and lucky!

3 studs snapped clean in half. I think what happened is the last time I worked on my truck, all the lugs were put on in the air with a ratchet and my friend (or possibly even myself) forgot to torque this wheel down when he went around the car or thought he did it already. Luckily I caught it before the wheel fell off, but I was 20 miles from home...

First (and hopefully last) time on a tow truck. Luckily my moms old dealership is right next door to where my cousin works. Walked down the street and picked up new studs and a couple lug nuts.

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
Just got a new to me 06 LT !!!!!! It will replace my 03 - that has 275000km now.

The 06 has a lot of toys in it including dual DVD players in the back of the head rest. Everything works..even the rear window wiper. It looks like an LTZ interior. I will update my profile later with new picks. Going to instal electronic brake controller, and running boards from my 03.

Cleaned interior including salt stains. Cleaned carpets.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fr34kout said:
3 studs snapped clean in half. I think what happened is the last time I worked on my truck, all the lugs were put on in the air with a ratchet and my friend (or possibly even myself) forgot to torque this wheel down when he went around the car or thought he did it already. Luckily I caught it before the wheel fell off, but I was 20 miles from home...

First (and hopefully last) time on a tow truck. Luckily my moms old dealership is right next door to where my cousin works. Walked down the street and picked up new studs and a couple lug nuts.

holy sheeeeet bro.... good catch... and damn lucky... I felt the same way in my Grand Prix... my drivers side rear strut assembly snapped its spring in half piercing my tire while it was parked at work.. thank God it happened while it was parked.. if I were driving and that spring snapped in half, i would've flipped the car at highway speeds...

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
Went down to my cousin's job at a local Kia dealership to sample my sounds for him and some of his coworkers. Thought I noticed some wobble when I was getting off the freeway and had a bad feeling. Boy was I right, and lucky!

Holy, glad your safe and your truck didn't take any damage other than snapped studs. The only downside is that you can compete in the next photo contest :rotfl: haha JK!
But i gotta admit your voy looks good even on a tow truck :raspberry::thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
I drove around and enjoyed the nice weather today and there was a guy in a ricer Acura RSX with stickers and body kits and all that fun stuff that cut me off but i absolutely destroyed him :biggrin: the girl in my car was completely breathless and terrified going 120 in a 60 zone :raspberry: wasnt the smartest thing to do and i next to never do that but i guess my hormones kicked in :redface:
Also i caught 2 guys who were friends looking at my truck while i was eating inside taco bell with a couple buddies, one was driving a silver envoy denali and the other one a white equinox sport (with the dual exhausts and the SS looking front bumper, which actually looks pretty nice)
Overall very productive day for the voy, cant stop looking at her without feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :rotfl:
She's no SS or turbo charged or show car but she's come a LONG way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 20
Status