What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Looks like you used really heavy coats on the caps.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: Looks like you used really heavy coats on the caps.

Yep, trying to fill in the holes the bedliner made. Just finished laying down 5 layers and 10 layers of clear so i can wet sand and then lay down another 5 coats of paint and 10 coats of clear again hahaha imma keep doing that until its smooth

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Still getting rid of noises. The stabilizer bar bushings took a while to figure out they were done and making noise. After changing those it got a lot quieter but still made some noise. So I went looking and found the heat shield beside the cat wasn't even bolted on. The bolt was in there tight but not through the heat shield hole. Probably been like that since GM split the engine and trans (twice) to fix the rear main. So I put the bolt in and it has gotten even quieter. I think the only noise now is a ting/ping from the exhaust somewhere. If I put my foot on the resonator and apply a lil pressure the ting/ping goes away. I wonder what it is? On the other site trying find a noise, Decembersend had asked the question "Does the noise go away when you put your foot on the tailpipe/resonator?" The thread didn't really go any further and I don't know where he was going with that question.

Does anyone know what that black plastic clip in the last picture is suppose to hold? I guess I don't have one of them?

Attachments

• 20130629_122451.jpg
    20130629_122451.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130629_122424.jpg
    20130629_122424.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130629_123453.jpg
    20130629_123453.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130629_124355.jpg
    20130629_124355.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130629_124416.jpg
    20130629_124416.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 14

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Yep, trying to fill in the holes the bedliner made. Just finished laying down 5 layers and 10 layers of clear so i can wet sand and then lay down another 5 coats of paint and 10 coats of clear again hahaha imma keep doing that until its smooth

Did you try to use some sandable filler primer prior to the base coat? You could fill your lightning bolts on the caps and have a smooth surface to work with. It will take a lot of paint to fill those scratches.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Did you try to use some sandable filler primer prior to the base coat? You could fill your lightning bolts on the caps and have a smooth surface to work with. It will take a lot of paint to fill those scratches.

I got the lightning bolts sanded away, it was just uneven and had air pockets so i filled them for the most part with the bedliner stuff, i think i've got it smooth enough now, just gotta wet sand 1 last time and polish and it should be good to go :biggrin:
It better match lol

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Dont like them......

Im gonna take them off and leave them like i had it, maybe i'll get some custom flat center caps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 62

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
Yup, Belltech 2/3. I bought them used, so I think there just about settled, but will be getting it aligned next week. I don't drive it much, so I'm not to worried about the tires. I love it. It handles so much better.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
Yup, Belltech 2/3. I bought them used, so I think there just about settled, but will be getting it aligned next week. I don't drive it much, so I'm not to worried about the tires. I love it. It handles so much better.

Did you get the A arms? If not lemme know if you can still get it aligned properly without them, i heard some people can but some cant

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Did you get the A arms? If not lemme know if you can still get it aligned properly without them, i heard some people can but some cant

I didn't get the A arms. I honestly had no idea there would be a problem without them. It doesn't look like theres a big camber issue. I'll try to get it in for an alignment sooner to see if I will run into problems. Forgot I also put the newer style rear wiper arm on.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
I didn't get the A arms. I honestly had no idea there would be a problem without them. It doesn't look like theres a big camber issue. I'll try to get it in for an alignment sooner to see if I will run into problems. Forgot I also put the newer style rear wiper arm on.

Hahahaha i think i might have to get a new style wiper too haha hate mine, 1 more thing for my list........
But yea keep us updated, i'd really like to know, if it doesnt need the arms i might be lowering mine sooner than i think lol

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
How much are the A arms anyway? I haven't done any research. The person I bought them from said the only other thing I needed was different bump stops in the rear, or just cut the ones I have down, which I did. I love the look, and I'm not going back to stock or lifted...ever, so if I need them, I need them. I don't see any mods I really need to do soon anyway.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
How much are the A arms anyway? I haven't done any research. The person I bought them from said the only other thing I needed was different bump stops in the rear, or just cut the ones I have down, which I did. I love the look, and I'm not going back to stock or lifted...ever, so if I need them, I need them. I don't see any mods I really need to do soon anyway.

Hahaha yea i wouldnt go back either
They're $350, heres the link
TBSSowners.com Store - NORCAL SS'S Modified Trailblazer Upper A -Arms Without Lowering Mounts (Powered by CubeCart)

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
It's says they help with alignment on 2wd and awd, doesn't say anything about 4wd. I know I probably sound stupid, but just wasn't sure if maybe 4wd didn't have alignment issues. I hope not haha.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
It's says they help with alignment on 2wd and awd, doesn't say anything about 4wd. I know I probably sound stupid, but just wasn't sure if maybe 4wd didn't have alignment issues. I hope not haha.

Yea maybe someone will chime in, but i know theres the 2wd only version that can lower the front
But also this version that has 2wd or awd but cant lower
But if the 4wds are different somehow then thatd be great lol

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Yea maybe someone will chime in, but i know theres the 2wd only version that can lower the front
But also this version that has 2wd or awd but cant lower
But if the 4wds are different somehow then thatd be great lol

I hope I don't need them, but it won't break me if I do. It will be worth it. I can't stop looking at it. It was weird tonight, though. I had to get gas, and after over 3 years of having the truck, I had to lean down to fill it up.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
I hope I don't need them, but it won't break me if I do. It will be worth it. I can't stop looking at it. It was weird tonight, though. I had to get gas, and after over 3 years of having the truck, I had to lean down to fill it up.

:rotfl:its that much lower huh? Damnn im reaaally wanting to go get myself the kit lool
My next big mod for sure
Was considering e-fans but the tune will give me enough horseys to keep me happy lol

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
:rotfl:its that much lower huh? Damnn im reaaally wanting to go get myself the kit lool
My next big mod for sure
Was considering e-fans but the tune will give me enough horseys to keep me happy lol

I'm over 6 foot 5", and it's a pretty big difference. Felt really weird haha.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Awd and 4x4 are setup exactly the same except for transfer case which has no bearing on your suspension.

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Awd and 4x4 are setup exactly the same except for transfer case which has no bearing on your suspension.

So do you think I will need a arms? I just got a hold of the person I bought them from, said they had no problem aligning their 4wd Trailblazer without custom a arms. Said the alignment was just about perfect with no odd wear to the tires. Hope I'll be OK.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
05tbowner said:
So do you think I will need a arms? I just got a hold of the person I bought them from, said they had no problem aligning their 4wd Trailblazer without custom a arms. Said the alignment was just about perfect with no odd wear to the tires. Hope I'll be OK.

I hope so too lol i guess only you getting it aligned and seeing will answer the question
Either way you're keeping it dropped haha

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
05tbowner said:

I dont think there is a camber issue... i beleive its more like a ball joint issue. The angle is pretty severe and if your doing 80mph and hit a bump of some kind... Well ill let you figure out the rest... But lets just say youll be wishing you dropped the $350 for the A-arms. Plus a cant imagine your ball joints would last long at a jacked up angle.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
05tbowner said:
Me and my buddy dropped mine.

Looks great! I'm not crazy about the grill(actually I don't think I've ever even seen that one- but IMHO you should paint it silver to match and get some newer headlamps without the grill clip holes) but I really DO like the "Chevrolet" script emblem.:thumbsup:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Still getting rid of noises. The stabilizer bar bushings took a while to figure out they were done and making noise. After changing those it got a lot quieter but still made some noise. So I went looking and found the heat shield beside the cat wasn't even bolted on. The bolt was in there tight but not through the heat shield hole. Probably been like that since GM split the engine and trans (twice) to fix the rear main. So I put the bolt in and it has gotten even quieter. I think the only noise now is a ting/ping from the exhaust somewhere. If I put my foot on the resonator and apply a lil pressure the ting/ping goes away. I wonder what it is? On the other site trying find a noise, Decembersend had asked the question "Does the noise go away when you put your foot on the tailpipe/resonator?" The thread didn't really go any further and I don't know where he was going with that question.

Does anyone know what that black plastic clip in the last picture is suppose to hold? I guess I don't have one of them?

I like your ramps! I have that same exact set from 84 Lumber...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
willn513 said:
Looks great! I'm not crazy about the grill(actually I don't think I've ever even seen that one- but IMHO you should paint it silver to match and get some newer headlamps without the grill clip holes) but I really DO like the "Chevrolet" script emblem.:thumbsup:

It does match the wheel and the front bumper. I installed my grille before I painted it and did not like how it looked all black as I have nothing black on my truck except for the tinted windows. I wonder if that was an LT grille that he cut the bottom of the frame off to fit the LS model :undecided:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
willn513 said:
I like your ramps! I have that same exact set from 84 Lumber...

We just made em out of scrap wood, my buddy builds houses. This was the first time to put just one side up, I actually had to start the front wheel up the ramp to get the back ramp under the running board, works great for both fronts or both rears tho. Was thinking of making one more step for each ramp, one that just sits there held in position with some wood dowels so you can add the extra piece or just take it off.

So you bought yours as a kit or you just bought the wood from 84 lumber?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
dmanns67 said:
It does match the wheel and the front bumper. I installed my grille before I painted it and did not like how it looked all black as I have nothing black on my truck except for the tinted windows. I wonder if that was an LT grille that he cut the bottom of the frame off to fit the LS model :undecided:

Yeah he trimmed one of the LT aftermarket grilles at the bottom to fit. He posted some pics in another thread, can't remember where though. :undecided:

I considered doing something similar, and using a busted crossbar to attach to the sides, then somehow make a mold of it, for a custom grille. It would look a lot like the one on the Hurricane widebody SS that's been posted a few times. That's WAY down on the mod list, although I did just pick up a spare crossbar to play with, and a local member broke the bottom tabs off his aftermarket LT grille recently... Hmmm....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
A-Arms are interchangable from 2wd to 4x4, so it does not matter.

Lifted guys flip and swap the uppers side to side to help the ball joint angle. I know little about lowering to answer your question.

05tbowner

Feb 8, 2012
dmanns67 said:

Thats what I did. I still have to clean up the cut at the bottom of the grille. I wanted something different until I can finally do some drastic changes to the front. I really do need new head lights, but I had these clear corner ones ever since I had the old grille with the crossbar, its a pain in the ass to find the LT headlights, already missed out on a set cheap. Then I plan on putting clear corners in those, too. But as of right now, ALL THE RAM AIR. haha.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
We just made em out of scrap wood, my buddy builds houses. This was the first time to put just one side up, I actually had to start the front wheel up the ramp to get the back ramp under the running board, works great for both fronts or both rears tho. Was thinking of making one more step for each ramp, one that just sits there held in position with some wood dowels so you can add the extra piece or just take it off.

So you bought yours as a kit or you just bought the wood from 84 lumber?

No no I just used some scrap 2x8s and made them almost exactly the same way. I usually back into the garage then put them under the front 2 tires and slowly creep out stopping often to make sure I'm lined up.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
fletch09 said:
how are you going to use the mirrors if you color match them?
do they make an opaqe white paint? :undecided:

Lol. I mean the whole mirror assembly (besides the glass!) will be color matched not just the covers. I don't like the black in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online