1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you towing with yours ????

Discussion in 'Towing' started by kenmyfam, Dec 18, 2011.

1. HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ Moderator

Zero turn mower, ATV, bunch of fuel and tools, couple cooers n such

[​IMG]

2. Grimor

Grimor Well-Known Member

IMG_20151022_211219653.jpg

3. littleblazer

littleblazer Gold Supporter

A little more substantial then the last thing.
    20151023_144651.jpg

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bought this 98 Saturn SL2 yesterday hoping I'd be able to fix on the cheap and give to my kid to drive. Turns out, it needs an engine, and I don't have a place to do a motor swap. So it's for sale! Additional photos and details in the For Sale Section!

dmanns67 likes this.
  5. RedRocketZ28

RedRocketZ28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ziggy and dmanns67 like this.
  6. Bow_Tied

Bow_Tied Well-Known Member

Nice looking ride on the trailer!!

What's your trailer/load weigh and how did it handle?

7. RedRocketZ28

I am not 100% certain but I would guess the trailer being around 2,000 lbs. and the car weighs around 3,200 lbs. It handled it very well and pulled it nice as well. Was able to run 75 mph in OD with no issues. This setup actually pulls nicer than my parents 18' Four Winns boat. I attribute that mostly to the double vs. single axle trailer though.

8. Bow_Tied

Wow, that sounds great. Looks like a fast ride too, on the way to the track?
    EDIT: nm, I just read your sig. Very nice!

BTW, you may want to check your trailer tires if you haven't already - some are only rated to 60mph.

9. djthumper

djthumper Administrator

Admin Post
    2016-02-07 16.15.38.jpg

10. DJones

DJones Well-Known Member

Moving day:
    [​IMG]

11. pL2005

pL2005 Member

Hmm, I guess the answer is nothing recently. In the spring, I'll resume towing my 1998 Four Winns Horizon RS.

Attached Files:

12. RedRocketZ28

Nice. My parents have a 1998 Horizon RS with the 5.0 in it. Looking to step up to something bigger this year though since we use it on a much bigger lake now.

13. flugelboneman

flugelboneman New Member

Hi Guys

Towing 24' Rockwood 2304s with 2008 TB. Equalizer hitch, tranny cooler, state of the art brake controller. Just cranked over almost 100,000 Kms pulling over every mountain pass in BC and Washington State. I tow in 3rd gear, very seldom over 95 KPH (about 55-60 MPH) I average 10/12 MPG. Always maintained up to date with synthetic oil. Never had a problem. Sometimes down into 1st gear over tough passes, but always keep it under 4000 RPM. This is a wonderful vehicle and a shame it was discontinued. I can still be parked and someone will come up and ask what model of Chev it is, commenting on its attractiveness. Tried to upload photo, but too large.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  14. C-ya

C-ya Well-Known Member

I agree. I love the looks, and based on how many I see everywhere I go, other people must think so, too.

I use Photobucket for posting pictures on forums. You upload to PB then copy & paste a link from there into your post on the forum. The picture is linked from PB and is not subject to size limits on the forum itself. Pics take up space, so I try to save server space on the forums. :dance:

15. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Problem with Photobucket is that the links expire and we have nothing here after the member is long gone. You can resize pics. There should be an app for that.

16. stickypoop

stickypoop Well-Known Member

...and for those that may be using a desktop or similar, there are also many web tools like the one below which can do it :smile:

http://www.resize-photos.com/

17. littleblazer

Resized_20161116_144453.jpeg

Attached Files:

18. Martyelzz4

Martyelzz4 Member

Ok, so I'll do this with pictures. The end of JUNE 2016 from NW PA to Eastern Washington.. through the Rocky Mountains.. my 5.3i Saab pulling my 98 Lincoln Continental(which has never been driven in snow and the reason I purchased the Saab). 2392 miles and 13.3 mpg average. I was doing much better before the mountains.

Then, not much later, a Uhaul 7x10 dual axle from Sprague, WA to Seattle, WA and back Loaded with 2600 lbs in the back. I wish I had done the brakes before those trips ... as they got pretty hot and were in pretty bad shape by the time I got around to changing them. Homehookup.jpg LowHookup.jpg Mpg towing Lincoln on Auto trailer .jpg total mileage.jpg unloadCheneyWA.jpg

littleblazer and Mooseman like this.
  19. Spetch

Spetch New Member

In May we bought our '02 Trailblazer at the same time as our new trailer. It's a 18 foot Starcraft AR-One Extreme. 3700lbs loaded. It was too much for my undergeared Jeep Wrangler. Salesman showed me the TB that had come in behind a Class A motorhome. Its got some bumps and scratches but so far mechanically sound. A few electrical ghosts that led me to this site. The rear wiper and hatch stuff and now the horn. This site is a great resource. I always loved the Trailblazer and looking forward to putting some km's on it exploring Vancouver Island.

Attached Files:

20. Bow_Tied

Welcome, Spetch!!

Good looking rig. I might suggest you look into an external mount trans cooler if you haven't already, good insurance. There are a few threads around here on that.
    Cheers,
    Ron

littleblazer likes this.
  21. Spetch

Spetch New Member

I've looked a few threads and I will look closer to see if an extra trans cooler was ever installed. It still has the towing brackets and brake actuator from being a tow behind. It might just have a trans cooler. Although I'm planning too many long haul trips with the TB, as some of the best camping starts 5 minutes out of town around here; We do have lots of hills to climb!

Cheers!

22. dkvasnicka

dkvasnicka Silver Supporter

@Martyelzz4 Looking at the tow hitch pic... how does the tongue weight go together with the rear airbags on the Saab? Doesn't it end up continuously trying to inflate them (to no avail)? Or did you convert her to springs? (towing noob here, so bear with me)

23. Bow_Tied

I don't mean to speak for Marty but the air bags inflate to maintain a ride height. With the extra load the compressor just puts the bags at a higher pressure until ride height is achieved. So long as there are no leaks it should be ok.

littleblazer likes this.
  24. Martyelzz4

Martyelzz4 Member

Well, to tell you the truth, I worried the whole trip as they were riding low... The compressor needs some work .. maybe this spring,,, as it gradually got real real low by the time I dropped off the car hauler. We pretty much drove 14 hours a day the first two day and about 9 the last day as I only felt comfortable pulling the load about about 67 mph... to bad also.. because with the 80 mph speed limit on I-90 I could have made the trip in 2 days instead of 3 had I not been towing the load! I will not be doing any extended hauling any more so I'll probably either rebuild or replace the old compressor; as it overheats after about 5 psi into a tire... but I like the ride.. and it did take about 1800 miles before the air springs could not keep up; I'll check out the "heavy duty" version of the air springs when the warm weather hits again...

dkvasnicka likes this.
  25. Bow_Tied

Probably just as well, many trailer tires are only rated to 65mph max.

26. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Is that the Big Red 200?
    What's under the car?

27. littleblazer

Nah it's a 200s.

28. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

:duh:

29. RiccoH

RiccoH Member