What are you towing with yours ????

Mooseman

Picked led this baby up yesterday in Oshawa. It's #3544 dry, #5346 GVWR, #346 tongue. TB handled it pretty good but it was no speed demon. It did have to downshift to 2nd on some grades but most it just unlocked the TCC for cruise to hold my cruising speed of 60mph.

Yeah, I know, it's squatting a bit. That's because I didn't have the chance or tools to properly adjust the WDH hitch. Hoping to do this today.

IMG_20190708_205258.jpg

Mooseman

Bow_Tied

Very nice. Are those the published weights or did you measure? It's my understanding that pre-2010 RV trailer weights were largely fictitious. At least, this is what I've read.

Mooseman

That's what was hand written in the manual that came with it. The specs sticker is unreadable. I think they are accurate numbers but I should get it weighed just for kicks and giggles.

The ad also had an error. it's actually 24' 7" long. I'm just going through it now. Took all the tires off to get them replaced tomorrow and checked two of the four brakes as well as lubed the bearings. I'll do the other two tommorow. Also have to seal up some stuff outside with Dicor (around lights, receptacles and such) and the bathroom light doesn't work (fuses good). Also want to go over the roof but I'm too heavy to walk on it. We just had a hard rain and no leaks so that's good.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
On the length... if the 'coupler to rear bumper' length is 24' 7", that's somewhat 'normal'. But if that's the 'box' length, yeah, it was off. But I'd suspect the first scenario. My own trailer has a 'box' length / marketed as 23' -- but the total length is spec'd at 29' 4" (!)

For the roof... you can take a 4' sheet of plywood or some boards to help distribute the weight, if you need to get on the roof. Or have kids 'on call' for when you need to get up there :smile:

Congrats! 🏕

TollKeeper

On Wednesday last week, towed my Mercury to the State Troopers office to get it inspected. It did not like it at all. Time for some maintenance.. Wonder what its malfunction is..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
T5Ent
Top Bottom