What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Went to town after I woke from night shift. Did a final sand and skim coat. My oldest had a melt down so she came home with me and was put to work. I did some brush work with the saw and removed maybe 40 feet of old page wire fence that the lilac and caragana grew around. Not fun but lots of progress made. I am sure loving that little 16" bar and chain on my 445. It spins just right.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Waiting at my office for the two bigger kiddos to walk over after school

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Getting ready for another night shift. They're so short all the time, I'm almost working full time doing 3x12 hour shifts per week.

Reactions: Matt and BrianF

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work, been in the mood to cook up a few things, so needed to restock the kitchen. :smile: Checked coolant reservoir, level is down a little bit from yesterday, and there was some sprayed in the engine bay. :frown: Stopped at AZ and picked up 3 gallons of coolant, so that will be ready for the upcoming job, and have some to keep on the shelf for future usage. Filled up the tank with 21 gallons, so that should hold me over for a bit.

Currently have a 4 lb pork tenderloin in the oven that's about ready to come out, and I'm starving. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At work. Watching the new season of yellowstone and doing some data entry. Fun Fun

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Last night I fought with the cranky old lawnmower until I got it running, then cut the grass and whatever other stuff was growing in the middle of the yard. Smoke screened the neighborhood in the processs, but hey...

Today I am feeling the effects of cutting said vegetation. Nose is going crazy.

Also trying to filter through a ton of data at work to try to make sense of a problem, or at the very least get a bigger picture of what is going on.

Tonight is likely a run to the storage unit to grab the car battery to charge so that I can get the car out of the unit tomorrow and be done with that.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Found a bolt I couldn't break free with the IR... I also found a bolt (same one) that required 6 feet of cheater bar to budge. Took it right off after that initial squeak. Otherwise, I'm at work. Internship is over so I'm picking up some slack with the pools. Sucks what I'm doing to my body but whatever.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Last night shift for this week. I'm totally bagged :diggrave:

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The county school districts in the area announced schools will be closed on Tuesday, the eastern most Wednesday as well, for the incoming storm, so management told us not to come in to work Tuesday. Our people that live in that eastern county get Wednesday off too, to make sure their families are safe. If the storm drifts west, we'll get updates on whether or not we work Wednesday too.

My sister was going to drop my niece off tonight, for me to babysit for her tomorrow while she worked, but she's been sick and doesn't plan to go to work tomorrow, so I'm off the hook. Will use the time tonight to tinker on the EXT a bit. The weather may be clear for a while tomorrow, since the storm is slowing it's forward progress, so I may try and hit the beach for a few hours. Haven't done that all summer. :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got the car from the storage unit and drove it to the house. It is around a 40 mile trip, and it hasn't driven more than a couple hundred feet in 2 years. Didn't skip a beat! Tire pressure was somehow only 1-2 PSI off perfect also. Not bad at all.

It needs cleaned up but I could see a few trips to work in it before the snow flies.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since the weather is nice, decided to hit the beach after all. Not supposed to rain for a few hours. Got some road testing in, in the process. 😁

Got here earlier than I usually do, so been here a little over an hour already. Will hang out for a couple more hours then head back for lunch. 👍🏾

20190901_092205.jpg20190901_092200.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Not nearly as enjoyable as the previous post, had to make a few stops around town to pick up a few things. Can anyone guess what I'll be doing with the rest of my holiday? :ugh:

@xavierny25 will finally be able to stop reminding me about that pan with the drain plug that I have sitting around :redface:

20190901_201542.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Need to fix a window that leaks water during a rainstorm. Yay.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Better to find out sooner rather than later...

Off to the last day of a ham radio course I am teaching.

Reactions: Matt

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Set Pinion back lash on the Diff, set bearing pre-load. Now I'm relaxing because class starts back up tomorrow. Bed time.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Tore out rotted "wood" above the window (if you can call pressed sawdust fiberboard wood), and put a temp vinyl patch over it with window sealant. Need to cut a proper piece and use some flashing or similar to just seal it off instead of whatever nonsense the builder originally tried to do. Sure it lasted several years but it is just a bad design.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
After fixing the rear brakes on the TB, looked at the front brakes on the Caprice as they were squealing as if they were worn. Pads were fine with lots of meat on them. The pins were OK but the grease that was in there was thick and didn't allow for a lot of slide movement. Cleaned them out and used proper silicone brake lube. Cleaned up the pads and put some anti-squeal on their backsides, then lubed up the contact points. Squeal gone.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

last day of a ham radio course I was helping teach

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube again, but just found out a buddy got tackled screwing around playing football this weekend. He got hit by another buddy n lost feeling below the waist. Crazy accident. So sending thoughts n prayers..he said this morning he moved a couple toes!

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
just found out a buddy got tackled screwing around playing football this weekend. He got hit by another buddy n lost feeling below the waist. Crazy accident. So sending thoughts n prayers..he said this morning he moved a couple toes!
Lifting your buddy up in prayer that he may regain complete use of all his extremities.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Cube farm today. Orientating 2 new hires today. Processing a couple applications. Trying to convince my boss that one application is sketchy, and should not be considered. But I got over ruled.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Working for da man right now. This arvo I'm putting my plumbers hat on at the bar and installing 2 new vanities in the bathrooms.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Cleaning and treating the pool as it turned into a swamp again. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
in the family office working

Reactions: Redbeard

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Working for da man right now. This arvo I'm putting my plumbers hat on at the bar and installing 2 new vanities in the bathrooms.

Well, that didn't happen. They got the tile off the wall, but didn't replace it with the panels they're going to use and it was a good thing. We were talking about taking some other paneling off and I saw that the wall where it meets the floor was wet. A bit more investigating shows that they have a water leak in the wall that the landlord will have to have repaired and new drywall put in.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well the new hire we orientated yesterday sent a text message to us that "this job is just not what I am looking for at all" and quit. WTF?! Orientating another new hire right now. And road testing another one in about 1 hour.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK

Off to the last day of a ham radio course I am teaching.
HAM IT UP. My uncle is on 2 meters, KD5FRG.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Office farm again. LOTS of paperwork to image and file. I am severely underpaid!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life. Fun Fun

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working a second night shift tonight.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Cube for now and hazmat class for the fire department tonight. and hazmat for the rest of the weekend.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Writing a bunch of reports

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Day 2 of 4 off. We are back at it, cleaning out the old yard site as it will be encompassed in a pasture. I did a pile of limbing as pretty much everything is overgrown. I barely made a dent in it but that's fine, can work on that up until the snow is too deep. We have about half the old page wire fence out. Most was knocked over spent the last 60 or more years being enveloped by the grass, trees and what ever else could grow through it, over it and so on. The C1500 lacked the weight and traction so we needed 4x4 low to pull large segments out. Maybe 150 feet left.

After supper I was out to do some chores and our little fox was back. Nice to see them in our yard as they leave the cats/dogs alone and do a good job with the pests.

Tomorrow I will continue limbing and hauling the branches to my burn pile. The goal this set of days off is to have that fence gone.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Working on the wifes Aztek. Got the Nav unit installed, and it works flawlessly.... Except the nav DVD drive is dead. It will read a CD perfectly, just not the Nav Disc. I tried a couple, but I could only get it to read for a minute, and then it said bad DVD.

• Sad

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working on the wifes Aztek. Got the Nav unit installed, and it works flawlessly.... Except the nav DVD drive is dead. It will read a CD perfectly, just not the Nav Disc. I tried a couple, but I could only get it to read for a minute, and then it said bad DVD.

Do these units actually play DVD movies? Have you tried one? Is your Nav disc original or a copy?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They dont play DVD's. Its a copy, but its the same copy I have been using for years out of my XUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online