What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just came back from running around getting tires for the trailer, some rubber paving mats to use as levelers and more grease for the bearings. Should have that done today and then adjust the WD hitch properly.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
So we have a deal. Verbal as he had to get to the airport for a trip, but papers next week. We came up a little bit but he came down. All factored in I think we did fine.

Can't wait.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since I slacked and didn't get my cardio in last night, got up this morning to make up for it. Much different exercising in the morning vs the evenings. After that, switched out the air filter in the EXT, and did some cleanup in the garage.

Got myself cleaned up and headed out for a bit. As some may remember, I've been curious about the Purple brand mattresses, and finally found a store that had the medium and plush versions on display, not just the firm ones. Had to head to the next county, but it was a nice day. Turns out the medium softness will probably be good enough for my needs, as it felt just a little bit softer than my current firm mattress with a 2" gel foam topper on it. The plush one was pretty nice too, slightly softer, but much more expensive, so I think that decision is made. :thumbsup:

Got some single action carabeaners, want to switch up the way I secure my canopy to the ground. Usually I'll stake the feet and call it good, but sometimes at the beach when the wind kicks up, the top will sway a pretty good amount. It came with 4 lengths of paracord, so I wanted to make some quick releases for attaching them to the canopy anchors at the top corners. Leaned the bowline knot, easy to tie, nice and tight. Now just need to get out and put them to the test one of these weekends.

Had a weird issue, couldn't get on the forum pretty much all day, until about an hour ago. Checked the down for everyone, and it was just me, so that was odd. :confused:

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had a weird issue, couldn't get on the forum pretty much all day, until about an hour ago. Checked the down for everyone, and it was just me, so that was odd. :confused:

I had the exact same issue. I know Jimmy was doing something to address an issue with emails.

Today was semi productive. Ran to the fastener store to get new 5/8" bolts and nuts for the hitch, then drove 50km to the TSC store to get O2 for the torches, the only place open today that has welding gasses. Despite cutting one end and drilling it with a 1/2" bit and heating it, it still wouldn't budge, had to cut off the head end and then drill completely through it, heat and it finally came out. In doing so, I destroyed one of the washers so off to the fastener store again. By the time I got back, a storm was brewing so I packed everything up.

Tomorrow I'm having my mom over for her birthday so I'll be smoking some ribs and making some homemade burgers on the grill.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Just work. Some storms in the area brewing but this morning was nice. Work took me down some goat trails today. Nice prairie view.

Got my riding mower going the other night. I managed to break a flange off the steering spindle while maybe inadvertently hitting a post. Just the crappy weld popped, so I have an old jack of all trade buddies in town that welded it up. Did a great job for being half in the bag.

Attachments

• 20190714_112709.jpg
    20190714_112709.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 4

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sitting in the cube with a decent sunburn from boating yesterday. However, not enough sun that it may not be the same plan tonight.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At work. Pondering fence designs and back patio improvements. We have an agreed price, should have full contract this week. If all goes well we shall be done with apartment living in the near future!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pretty quiet day in the office. 3 new people started today, and their managers brought them by for introductions. I assume they'll need system access, but nobody's said anything so... :confused:

we shall be done with apartment living

Such a beautiful thing, just have to keep the mod bug in check once you get there :biggrin:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Productive day. Finally finished with the WD hitch, all set up for the TB and both are as level as they can be. I did notice the bolts that hold down the slide out's screws had worked loose. Cinched them up and I think they're OK now (see pics). Then I saw a couple of things on FB Marketplace, a 30A extension and a slunky (sewer hose support). Got both for $60. And then he asked if I was interested in a set of levelling blocks (yeah!) for $20. Got that too!

Going to bed for a snooze before a night shift (last one before 3 weeks off! :wooot:)

Left before
IMG_20190715_094210.jpg
Left after
IMG_20190715_095331.jpg
Right before
IMG_20190715_095510.jpg
Right after
IMG_20190715_101535.jpg

Reactions: BrianF and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think its working out to be Thai for dinner then a cruise on boat to see if my buddy has the engine dialed back in. Been fighting with some carb issues

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Started the morning by going to pickup a portable camping kitchen table I saw on FB for sale. Wanted something to put the small BBQ on and a work area is a bonus.

Today I hooked up the water to the RV to clear out the lines of antifreeze and make sure all was working well. Took forever to clear the sink lines and got the grey water tank up to 2/3 full. And I also flushed the toilet to cleat it. Didn't take long but the tank was quickly at 2/3 full as well :confused:. All I can guess is that there was shmoo left over from the PO and I can't empty it. I'll take it to the water treatment plant tomorrow to use their free dump station and practice hooking it up. The grey tank cleared out well. I then went to fill the fresh water tank and I had difficulty getting the water to go in. And then I saw water on the interior floor. The hose from the outside filler to the tank was broken. And it's bent up to the tank. The PO had used a piece of sump pump discharge hose made of thin plastic. I got a piece of clear 1 1/4 hose but couldn't figure out how to get it to bend up. I wound up modifying the outside filler neck so it's at least parallel to the tank's inlet.

To work on the tank, I tried to bring the dinette table down as if doing the bed and it wouldn't set down between the seats and pulled the screws out for the bracket in the process :mad: . Then I finally clued in. The PO told me he had redone the floor due to a flood 6 years ago. In doing so, this raised the floor 3/4" but he didn't reposition the table's brackets for the change in height of the seats. And this also explains that the tank's inlet is now higher than the filler.

And I also re-caulked some joints and fixtures that needed it.

I then ordered more stuff from Amazon. A recessed LED ceiling light for the bathroom so I could install an extending shower curtain, a seal for the toilet (the bowl doesn't hold water), a sewer hose carrier and a fresh water tank filler adapter. Seems like I just keep ordering stuff for this thing. Amazon are making a lot of money off me these days :frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
My mouse had developed this random double clicking action, when I was single clicking, and it was really starting to piss me off. Figured I'd take it apart, and see if there was a contact that needed to be cleaned or something. Couldn't get it all the way apart, so had to look it up online to find the hidden screw I was missing. In the process, came across a ton of search results noting the same issue. Logitech mice, having double click issues when trying to single click.

Turns out the trigger inside the micro switch was starting to flatten out, and that's what causes it. One guy opened the switch and manhandled the metal piece inside. Others just de-soldered the old switches, and soldered on new ones. The switches were pretty cheap, and I can solder, so that's the route I took.

The old solder was pretty stubborn, my solder wick wouldn't soak it up, wasn't really sure my iron was hot enough to get through it. Ended up using a pick tool, since the switches had small holes in the side of them. Applied some pressure by pulling the switches while heating the joints, and they eventually worked themselves free. Cleaned up the PCB holes, and put in the new switches. Mouse works good as new, only cost me a couple of bucks, and I have 4 extras in case I have to do this again in another year. :duh:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Trying to figure out why my headlights won't fire at all...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Today was more tidying up in the RV and spending more money. Bought a water line filter, a couple of hooks to hang hoses and cords, a broom, swiffer mop, Lysol wipes, toilet brush. Cleaned all the cabinets, windows, fridge and... the toilet. Damn it was disgusting! Like, couldn't the PO have cleaned it before selling it?

And I've been so concentrated on the RV, the pool has turned green :mad:. Dumped a bunch of chlorine in it, tossed a few pucks in it and hope it clears up because we're leaving tomorrow on our maiden camping voyage for the weekend. Not going far, about 40 minutes away, but it will be our shakedown and test trip before our longer trip towards the end of the month. It will be hot as :lipsrsealed: this weekend. At least the A/C works great.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
My mouse had developed this random double clicking action, when I was single clicking, and it was really starting to piss me off. Figured I'd take it apart, and see if there was a contact that needed to be cleaned or something. Couldn't get it all the way apart, so had to look it up online to find the hidden screw I was missing. In the process, came across a ton of search results noting the same issue. Logitech mice, having double click issues when trying to single click.

Turns out the trigger inside the micro switch was starting to flatten out, and that's what causes it. One guy opened the switch and manhandled the metal piece inside. Others just de-soldered the old switches, and soldered on new ones. The switches were pretty cheap, and I can solder, so that's the route I took.

The old solder was pretty stubborn, my solder wick wouldn't soak it up, wasn't really sure my iron was hot enough to get through it. Ended up using a pick tool, since the switches had small holes in the side of them. Applied some pressure by pulling the switches while heating the joints, and they eventually worked themselves free. Cleaned up the PCB holes, and put in the new switches. Mouse works good as new, only cost me a couple of bucks, and I have 4 extras in case I have to do this again in another year. :duh:

View attachment 89973
Logitech has been failing on their parts.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Work, then getting my check engine light scanned on my way home. Yesterday leaving work I stopped at the light about to pull out of the lot, and another lifted Tb pulled up next to me. I hit my air horn and he gave me a thumbs up as he turned right out of the lot. :2thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I know it sounds funny, but I came across someone who said to just breathe into the crack around the external button a couple times. I did that to my Logitech mouse (only a year old at the time) and the double clicking stopped and has not come back for months. Something about possible static buildup and the humidity of your breath dispelling it. Sounds a bit odd, but, it worked, so...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finally Friday! :wooot: The office is mildly active, as a lot of people were out most of the week, but still fairly quiet. Not a lot going on, so catching up on busy work.

Had a weird itch to try and make my own brown sugar bourbon sauce, to try on some burgers this weekend. Looked up a few recipes, and adapted one of my own based on what I had available. Passed the initial taste test, but it felt a little too thin. :undecided: Decided to throw 2 burgers loosely in some foil, and poured some over the top to let them marinate overnight. Will test those tonight and see how they come out. Maybe having the sauce in the fridge over night will thicken it up a little bit.

Logitech has been failing on their parts.

Yeah, sure looks that way from all the posts I saw. My older Logitech stuff still works fine, only had this mouse for a year. 👎

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went grocery shopping for the weekend trip. Packed up the RV and hitched it. Just waiting for Mrs. Moose to get home from work, pack the last bits and the dog and go.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
We have a contract on a house. Finally! Assuming all goes well we close by Aug 22.
August? Thats a hell of a wait. I cant really say much thou. When I bought my current house, it took 6 months. Not mine or the sellers fault. I got a pre-approval letter, and financing was already arranged. Then when they sent the packet to the bank, they got a return notice that the bank was going out of business! I quickly withdrew all my money, found another bank, and had to start the whole pre-approval process, and background checks all over. My ernest money that I applied made it so the seller couldnt sell the house. But if I didnt get approved, I would have lost my ernest money. Glad I got approved (37k ernest/down payment).

• Wow
Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Financing has to go thru (easy), inspection (few days), title stuff on his end. No realtors so we are doing it all ourselves. Likely done sooner but we are giving time just in case.

Oh but it looks like we'll be stuck with 1 month of rent and mortgage overlap after all because the rental place, id we give them 60 days notice, may very well lease out our unit before the 60 days is up. And if that happens, and the house sale goes sour somehow, we are then forced out of our apartment whixh would SUCK. So not giving 60 day notice until closed, to be safe.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Survived our first night in the RV. Not bad. Bad was a little hard so will be getting a topper for it. Because we were late, wound up BBQ'ing our burgers in the dark. Breakfast was good with a little sandwich maker I got from Amazon. Basically makes an egg McMuffin in 4 minutes and it's all self contained.

Oh, and while we were setting up, his GF went into labour! our granddaughter Merissa was born last night at 9:40. We'll be going there next week so grandma can give a hand with the newborn.

IMG_20190720_012034.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Unfortunately had to come back home from all this.20190717_180119.jpg20190717_180130.jpg20190717_180124.jpg20190717_180134.jpg

We stayed at hotel blue for those wanting to know. They have something like 15 pools in total with interconnecting smaller hotels on the strip. We spent most of our pool time at the swim up bar with a DJ doing his thing on the turn tables and plenty of drinking options.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village today. Been gone since Thursday and wish I could just not be forced to be here.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working from the private office which means watching tv and getting more accomplished plus no commute. With the amount of construction that popped up this week...I am thrilled to avoid it.

Prolly gonna research a good way to enjoy the convertible on the commute tomorrow while taking 2ndary roads and skipping the work zones on the interstate

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work thing, and stuff for mortgage. Need to get insurance paperwork started.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still in North Bay driveway camping at my son's house. Enjoying the new granddaughter. Not sure how much longer we'll be here.

Also fixing stuff in the trailer. The PO did a shit job with fixing the floor and looking at possibly having to eventually replace it again. All he did was put 3/4" plywood on top of the old floor so it's still soft Dinette bench wasn't screwed in properly and fell apart right from under me. Been cool here at night, dipping down to 10c (50f) so the furnace is getting a bit of a workout. The tent part of the trailer doesn't warmup so much. Yesterday got the new Fire edition 24" TV installed but no local stations to.watch. The wifi sucks so streaming sucks. Today, looking at replacing the bowl valve gasket, the light in the bathroom and fixing the wieing to the kitchen counter plug as I'm not getting any power to it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sitting at work, about to fire an employee for having an HazMat spill at one of the facilities we service.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hump day in the office. Not much going on around here, so I'm internet window shopping for ceiling fans. Since I've got 8 foot ceilings, flush mount is a must. The one in my guest room needs replacing, and would like to put one in the master, although wiring would have to be run for it.

Also trying not to watch the clock, but that's not going very well. :hopeless:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Day 3 with no power. As it turns out, the generac will run the pool. I'm thinking that may deserve an oil change maybe to synthetic. I'm getting like 280 degree oil temps after an hour of running and that may hold up a little better. About 5$ for 10w30 and another 2 for the oil filter for it. Or just leave the straight 30 in it that's been in it for the last 2 years or so... decisions of a cheap bastard.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Well put in 18 hours today. Got home at 9money9 pm. Already got my long weekend booked down 2 days for extra shifts. Grateful I have work opportunities out the ass to make extra money as I will be paying for braces for my oldest daughter. After a couple months I should be able to pay cash.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
And on the 4th day, JCP&L said "we think you have power now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online