What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Had an interview for a position at USIC in Cobb County for a Utility Locator. Interview went great, hope to hear from corporate soon, fingers crossed. Really want to get back to work.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Gym soon, homework tonight.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Trying not to throw up. Been constantly dizzy for a few days now. Most un-nerving when you are trying to go to sleep, and not barf on the new bed!

Work Work Work!

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Capote and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Spent day 2 of my vacation in the yard. Some palm fronds by the front door were a little high and/or intruding on the walkway, so those had to go. Plantain tree in the back yard needed to be cut back as well. Some other trees on the fence line got missed the last time around, so chop chop... Since it was nice and cool out, took the time to strip the leaves off the branches, and shred them.

After a shower, there was plenty of nap time on the couch, since my mom and sister opted to stay in their respective rooms most of the day. Now about to run out to the grocery store for a few last minute items for Thursday's dinner, and some other random stuff I'm out of.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Some palm fronds by the front door were a little high and/or intruding on the walkway, so those had to go. Plantain tree in the back yard needed to be cut back as well. Some other trees on the fence line got missed the last time around, so chop chop... Since it was nice and cool out, took the time to strip the leaves off the branches, and shred them.

As I spent part of today extracting 1 of 2 broken bolts in my unheated garage (ok, I have a portable, but still) - I read this, and I envy your tropical climate. Palm fronds & plantain trees, indeed. I remember having fried plantains once as a child, at a friend's house - yummy.

Next time I'm at the store, I'll be looking for some plátanos, so I can relive my childhood. LOL

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, then home for a bit, then bowling league, then rest for some silly 5K I agreed to do at 8am tomorrow

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Took a drug test this morning for a my new co-op at Bosch. Then I visited my cousin and aunt who work across the street. Hitting the gym twice today and going home for a long weekend.

Reactions: Matt and Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nothing except recovering from yesterday's minor eyelid surgery to fix a problem with watery eyes.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sitting comfy on the couch, watching some TV and lining up some goodies for online shopping tomorrow. Tried to reprogram my steering wheel interface for the radio, and it seems to take, but then goes back into an error mode once finished. So in all likelihood, new head unit will be coming.

The cheap BT OBDII adapter I had stopped working. The light comes on when plugged in, but none of my other devices can see it, including my old phone that was already paired with it, so I'll be getting a new one of those too.

Nothing except recovering from yesterday's minor eyelid surgery to fix a problem with watery eyes.

There's surgery for that? :undecided: Might be something I need to look into...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There's surgery for that? :undecided: Might be something I need to look into...

Related to CPAP mask use. Called "floppy eyelid". Causes irritation to the inner corner of the eye. Sure hope it works because I just want to rub my eyes with steel wool right now!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thank you for that. I have just emailed my supplier to get some answers.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Smartass.

I have to say, I smoked a couple last summer, modifying the recipe a bit, and of all the meats I did, this was by far the best.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Painting the flathead for my f3.

Reactions: Eric04 and Redbeard

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
98FF8A45-599E-4C63-B5C5-0DEFAF5E0FB9.jpeg
Update on my engine I painted. The intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, and pulleys and such will all be painted silver.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Never thought to smoke meatloaf... Added to the list. I modified my meatloaf recipe for sliders once, grilled up the patties and slapped them on Hawaiian buns, it was really good with a slice of cheese.

Anyway, drove mom to the store, started putting up Christmas decorations. Turkeys are still on the lawn, it is an interesting sight. finishing up the 20 lbs of turkey which was surprisingly good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Back to classes.

Reactions: Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Haha. My professor said cleavage. (It's an organics class so... I am in class...)

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Going for my annual over 40 physical exam this arvo...can't wait! :hopeless:

Maybe this should be in the rant thread.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Is it going to be the COMPLETE physical? (Jeff Foxworthy reference)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You have till 50 for the big one (with the butt cam).

Finished unclogging the kitchen sink. It was blocked solid with grease. Didn't go down at all all night. Snaked it and then sent in a couple of big pots of boiling water. Ordered a well rated enzyme treatment which will be good for the pipes along with the grey water pit. At least it wasn't anything worse.

I ordered a new kitchen faucet on Amazon. The old one was running slow and trying to clean it, the plastic sprayer head broke.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Ummm...I'm just lucky he has small fingers!
When you think about it, that might not be such a good thing...he may need 'extra digits' to get the job done!

Seriously, though...lube will be used. It'll be over in a matter of seconds. Then you can wonder afterward if he's going to call you the next day... LMAO

You have till 50 for the big one (with the butt cam).

Yeah, I've got a story here, too. Over here in the States, they do 'twilight sedation', and make you bring someone to drive you home as a result. I brought my guitarist friend, who survived colon cancer b/c he ignored symptoms and waited to go in. He's lucky to be alive. So please take care of this, guys! Seriously.

Anyhoo...I'd never had to undergo anesthesia before - of any type (and I have a phobia about not waking up if I ever have to be anesthetized). As those of you who know me can guess...I started researching 'twilight'...and found that one of the sedatives (?) used was Propofol - same stuff that killed Michael Jackson. Not that I was a big MJ fan, but hey - "I might have a chance to see what this Propofol stuff was all about!"

So I get to the room where they do the deed, and I ask the anesthesiologist - "are you going to use Propofol or <the other drug, which I forgot the name of>?" And she replied... Propofol.

Hot damn! I won the colonoscopy lottery! :woohoo:

So she administers the dose, telling us at the moment she does so...and I remember that within 5 seconds, I say out loud... "wow, that stuff hits fast..." and *immediately* lose consciousness. The very next thing I remember is me waking up, and the 'team' removing the very last bit of the colonoscope from me arse.

Results were fine. I'll spare the details...lol. I'm here, so you know it had to turn out OK.

The WORST part of it all is the 'prep'...and the aftereffects of using the toilet so much. The procedure itself is a walk in the park, by comparison.

After writing all of that...I kinda feel 'dirty'...LMAO

If anyone read all of that and wished they hadn't - my apologies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I actually got to see the inside of my colon and my arse up close twice. I was sedated but awake and was able to watch the monitor. You don't really know your body until you've seen the interior pipes.

And yeah, the prep is the worse. The first time in my 40's (due to a scare), I had to drink a gallon of colon cleanser that tasted like pineapple. I hate pineapple. I was literally sitting on the toilet drinking this crap. Second time was better with a small bottle of a much better tasting liquid but was no less explosive.

So Matt, something to look forward to but very important to go through.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am glad I aint there yet.

Today is cube life again

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks fellas!

I do know all about it as I've been having the "finger" for a few years now except for last year when I had a new arsehole installed. Not the most enjoyable experience but I've had worse.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Watching the snow fly, then will have to shovel/snowblow it later. A bit of house cleaning too. That's what happens when you retire before your wife :frown:.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another day in the office. People keep bringing in food this week. There's been cake, cookies, pies and other random sweets left in the break room. We do have a number of people that like to bake, seems like the holiday really got people going. Cinnamon swirl bread and sweet potato pie were brought in today. May get some to go with my lunch later. :yes:

Supposed to be working, but work is slow, so I'm goofing off with a coworker. Talking about upgrading the sound system in his Chrysler 300 instead. :biggrin:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Tear down.
20181201_205001.jpg20181201_210835.jpg20181201_204952.jpg20181201_211314.jpg20181201_213915.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online