What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Continuing the look for GMT800's. Got my eye on two so far, 3rd was sold today.

Reactions: Mooseman

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
Took our newly bought boat out for her first trip on the lake just to discover the retaining ring tread was stripped that holds the tail gears in,needles to say we peddled a bit to get back to dry land grrrr

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
Currently waiting for a tow truck...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Leaving for another night shift.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since today was supposed to be the last dry day until next week in my area, and the weeds were starting to get tall, decided to do some mowing close to sundown. It was nice to not be in the direct sun for a change, but the trade off was, I kicked up all the mosquitoes that were lurking. Ripped through everything in about an hour, and got good looks at some of the new bare areas where the herbicide did its thing. Was planning to wait until the spring to re-seed, but may pick up some seed just to try and fill in the bare spots for aesthetics, as well as prevent new weeds from springing up in those spots later.

Got cleaned up, and am watching TV now, but my skin is still crawling from all the bugs I was swatting at. Allergies are acting up too, so it may be a Nyquil night, so I can get some sleep.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
researching what I can, to find out how much it will cost me in parts to put OE 20s on my TB.

edit.... stock 2018 Acadia wheels, not OE trailblazer size.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
researching what I can, to find out how much it will cost me in parts to put OE 20s on my TB.
Only the cost of the wheels and tires. Seen them from 300 to 2000 a set. The nice thing is that no modifications need done.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Only the cost of the wheels and tires. Seen them from 300 to 2000 a set. The nice thing is that no modifications need done.

thing is..., is that I can get some wheels (free I hope) from work. But they are 6*120, NOT 6*5 (or 6*127) So I am gathering part numbers and such for center caps, locks, lugs, and tires, and adapters. wheels look like they are for a 2018 or so Acadia. P/N 22996333

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
6x120 is not OE as you stated.

locks and lugs are the same. Adapters about 250. Tires are whatever you want to spend. I bet the stock center caps cost a pretty penny though

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
In the office, trying not to fall asleep at my desk, since there's not much to do, and people aren't breaking things. :diggrave:

If anyone has any suggestions for online window shopping for the next 2 and a half hours until my conference call at the end of the day, I'm all ears!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Build yourself a new camaro or pickup truck. Always a good waste of time!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Getting my sons tattoo redone this arvo. I got it a month after he was born but I've never been happy with it so a great local guy is redoing it for me.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You had your son tattooed when he was a month old? You Aussies are a strange lot :biggrin:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Hot spell is setting in, so we're relocating to the A/Ced basement apartment. Good supply of Ale down there and Mecum Auctions are on tonight :Lager Louts:.

Reactions: Matt

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Getting my sons tattoo redone this arvo. I got it a month after he was born but I've never been happy with it so a great local guy is redoing it for me.

Ok...you brought it up...so, details, please. This, I gotta hear. (call me nosy...I dinna care!)
And they say newborn circumcision is cruel / unneeded...LOL

Oh, and as for me, I went to the DMV to make the Sierra legal. Because I bought from a 'dealer' (technically, his agent), I had to pay 7% use tax on the purchase price (along w/ the regular highway robbery for title / registration / plates).
Had it been a private party sale, I'd have owed all of $25 for use tax, given the age of the truck. FMR... :explode:

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Going to completely clean/dust out my intake & filter and clean the throttle body, to see if that can fix the almost stalling condition from a stop with the A/C on. My lean issues that I was having along with that have gone away since my last fill-up. So i'm guessing that I got bad gas that was clogging up my fuel injectors. They were loud during that whole tank, you could hear them ticking away if you listened closely. I know that if an injector clogs up, it'll end up leaning out the fuel/air mixture. Besides that little bit of maintenance, just watching the rest of The Hobbit and LOTR movies. I've been bored without the woman, she's in Myrtle Beach with family. I feel guilty if I go anywhere, but NY when I can. That's the only time when I can physically see my children. Otherwise I may of joined her.

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Looks better, flag has depth. A+

Reactions: Matt and Capote

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
This yard work in 100+ is pretty nasty. It isn't that humid luckily...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's a cool mix of both flags. :2thumbsup:

Today, I sweated my butt off working downtown outside. Started at 4am and was finished around 3pm. Hit temperatures of 36c with humidity making it fell like 47c (97f/117f). Never drank so much water and having it all come out in sweat.:drooling:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I tried fixing allison for @brianlibby791 but when I tried commanding the blend doors it just freaked out and went to hot air... That being said I know what needs to be fixed. The tech 2 is great.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
In da cube. Later under da truck replacing ball joints and bushings.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
At the job.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
I tried fixing allison for @brianlibby791 but when I tried commanding the blend doors it just freaked out and went to hot air... That being said I know what needs to be fixed. The tech 2 is great.
Thank you again :2thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's been a pretty uneventful Monday so far. New employee started this today, so office introductions were made. Other than that, just counting down to getting out of here early tomorrow, and having a break in the week.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At the job, just marking time...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered a Wagner HVLP sprayer (no where to store or use an air compressor where I live):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PGQI48/?tag=gmtnation-20
Decided it's time to do some body work and budget paint it with Satin or Flat black, so I can stop being so OCD with how it looks.

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Blckshdw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member