What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Wrote down a list of things I need to do to the Batblazer, nothing maintenance wise really minus new rotors or turning them. Mostly aesthetics, troubleshooting, or cleaning.14877076164461560516166.jpg

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Just rolled 180k west of Delta, UT. The new Michelin Defender m/s were great in the deep wet Sierra snow (over the running boards at times, Mammoth Lakes CA has a record snowfall year. Snow in yard was twice the height of my TB- can't upload pics atm) and ice. Used 4lo a few tines because I could. The drive back to MN could get interesting with the weather. Hoping to make Grand Junction CO tonight. Love the tires, quiet too. Highly recommend.

Reactions: Redbeard

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Checking the continuity of the climate control unit when I get home...hopefully, that's the problem instead of a broken wire.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Took the day off work. I'll be driving the wife to work and going back home to replace the water pump on the Voy. Then I'll trouble shoot why my steering wheel controls to the head unit aren't working. I'm sure I messed up somewhere. Smh

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working...again

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just finishing binge watching "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon. Basically the story of resistance in the US against the Nazis and Japs. Freaky but good show.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
feeling pissed off, just got pulled over for the 2nd time in 4 months( same officer)
for no front plate. (illegal in IL) another warning ticket. since the TB came out of MI (no front plate needed) no bracket for front plate was ever attached. love the front end look w/o front plate or bracket. his main concern was if i knew where my front plate was. concerned that if not, it might be on another vehicle. i do and have it. asked him what if i put it in the front windshield. he said still illegal, but has never pulled anyone over for it. just pisses me off that after running w/ no front plate for 14 years, (did not have front bracket/ plate on my 03) now i get stopped twice in 4 months. why not worry more about the High School kids talking/ texting on their phone in a school zone. (i live 2 blocks from the high school and see that every morning on my way to work) ok done w/ rant.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
At the work thing again...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Dreaming of a bigger mod fund..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took the GF to a doctor this morning then hung out for a while. This afternoon I just got done filing my taxes. The temptation will be to use the money as a mod fund, the smart thing to do will be just dump it in the savings account.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Cleaned throttle body

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working...hit up a lawyer about suing the city...telling the flooring guy to refund me or I will end up suing him to. I despise lawsuits, but 20K makes the BS kinda necessary.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Working primary job until 5.
Going home, getting dinner, a bit of a break.
Working secondary job until close to midnight likely.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Planning my 1 day trip to a yard in Cooperstown NY as I found a usable hood for my 9-7x. Underside is rusted but front outer is perfect and black too so I'll install it there. I'll get a bodyshop to fix it up and rustproof the crap out of it later.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You driving up there without the hood on?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hell ya!

Actually leaving my old one there, duct tape and all!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I been debating on if I buy this ram air TA hood...should I just drive the 50 miles with no hood and slap the new on

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
50 miles vs. my 226, I'd do it. It would have looked funny for me at the border.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My only worry is keeping it cool enough, but the outside temps are pretty good right now. I may have to take a trailer up there anyway for a sectional so it may just ride along with that.

Today I am hoping my little one feels good and I dont have to leave work early and skip bowling tonight...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Helping a bud from work fix his damaged fender

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Dry wall, corner bead and mud. Trying to finish off my weekend side job. Still need about 2days to finish it up and be done with this house. 14886482049081457938310.jpg 14886482425501961803064.jpg

Later going bowling with the wife and in-laws.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Lazing around this morning like I tend to do on Saturdays that I'm home all day. I've done too much extra work this week to be motivated to go back to work today, even though it would mean more money. It can wait. I did get laundry started.

Going to be changing the oil in the truck this afternoon. Maybe I'll pull a spark plug or two and check how bad the carbon build up is on the pistons with my borescope to see if my guesses are correct or not.

I also want to get some of my kitchen electrical redone.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just got home from work, chillin' with a rum and coke :cool:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I just became a licensed Ham, Technician class.
The GMT mod bug and radios will easily join forces and wreak havoc on my bank account.
What is your call sign?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well because of doing extra on the truck - that needed done badly apparently - and also just simply not moving very fast today, I didn't get anything done in the kitchen this afternoon. Can't say I have any motivation to start it this evening either.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Back at work today.....
Bowling was interesting last night
I couldn't bowl past a 140 and the wife bowled 175-180 all night long(4 frames). Her brother only beat her on 1 frame. The rest of the fam did horrible including myself. But we did have a great time catching up and alcohol made the night even better.:tequila:

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
What is your call sign?
My record still hasn't popped up yet, but I attribute that to it being the weekend.
I'm working on applying to get my grandfather's 2x3 as a vanity call sign, but first I have to wait for them to cancel his license (which has been active in the database for years since he died). It's a multi-step process.
Fingers crossed, I'll be KA3IMP, but I'll update my signature as soon as I know.

I took my exam with the Laurel VEC, the only VEC in the lower 48 to administer free exams, and we had about 15 participants yesterday. There were 3 or 4 "kids" my age, so that was cool to see.
I'm joining the Ham Club at my university which meets weekly, so I should be spun-up on the basics in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online