What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nah. I was so pissed and looking at how it goes through the frame, I have no idea how I would get it out and was probably more trouble than its worth.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just wouldn't want it to rust, remova le and take inside when not in use?
Stainless! I actually think they cover them when built-in like yours would be. I am sure you could have a badass setup with the start you have though!

Started work early to get off early and start my extended weekend. Off Monday already, so I figured with teleworking I could just work my hours n be done for the day.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
First outside run of the season. The kids and all the dogs came along. I'm not as spry as I used to be but a few more weeks and I will be....... not as spry as i used to be.

An old friend popped by and staked our property perimeter. I will be putting in some posts in short order but the permanent perimeter fence may be another year before we get it together.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Went to Costco. Surprisingly, no lineup. People are idiots. I had to tell a couple to back off. Although I didn't have one, a lot of people were wearing masks. Hey, that's fine, but wear it over your mouth AND nose! Too many times it was slipped under the nose. What's the point then? I think I'll start wearing my balaclava with sunglasses :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went to the store on my lunch break, since it has been raining since the middle of the night, there were very few people there which was great. But like @Mooseman there were still plenty of idiots. Many stores here made the aisles 1 way to help with social distancing. Signs posted and red and green stickers on the floor, but people ignore them. :hopeless:

Decided I need to do some de-cluttering. I am a notorious keeper of boxes. I think it's an ingrained response to how much I used to move every couple of years in my 20s and 30s. But now that I've got the house, the only way I'd be moving out of here, is if a storm wipes it out, or I hit on the powerball and buy mostly new stuff. :laugh: There's a stash of boxes in a corner of the kitchen, and some in the corner of my dining area, so it's time to part ways. Filled the recycling bin with the first wave, broke down as many boxes as I could stuff in it. Will do more each weekend until they're gone. Part of my soul did cry a lil bit though.

Dry rubbed a pork tenderloin and threw that in the oven about an hour ago, so it's time for some face stuffing. Mixed up a cocktail, cuz why not. Time to kick off the weekend!

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Ha, Blckshdw, keeper of boxes! We had a whole closet just stacked with empty boxes. A buddy of mine made all kinds of fun of me for this. Eventually we got rid of most and a year later we are kicking ourselves. Everyone needs a pile of random boxes. Oh those were the days.

Reactions: northcreek

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Day 5 of furlough:

Got a slow start, but I began to build stuff. Using ground screws for anchoring the posts. Good idea? Bad? Guess we will see. Took quite the oomph to get them in place had to use a cheater bar with the rebar to get them in and I bent the rebar in the process.

4 posts and 1 panel up on one side of the house. A lot to go. Annoyingly it is supposed to rain a lot the next several days so not sure just how much I will be able to get done.

20200423_091625.jpg
20200424_201104.jpg20200424_153530.jpg
20200424_175507.jpg
20200424_195932.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Day 5 of furlough:

Got a slow start, but I began to build stuff. Using ground screws for anchoring the posts. Good idea? Bad? Guess we will see. Took quite the oomph to get them in place had to use a cheater bar with the rebar to get them in and I bent the rebar in the process.

4 posts and 1 panel up on one side of the house. A lot to go. Annoyingly it is supposed to rain a lot the next several days so not sure just how much I will be able to get done.

View attachment 94248
View attachment 94252View attachment 94249
View attachment 94250
View attachment 94251

Ground screw anchors are great so long as you don't hit a boulder in the ground.

Just curious why didn't you go with a shawdow box style on your fence?
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Severe-Wea...CQsB7KXlTyEVn_n4DRBoCLBoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I used a ground auger in my drill to predrill a guide hole and to hunt for rocks. I hit a good one and had to move over a few inches for the one post because of it. Would have sucked to crank the ground screw in 3/4 of the way to hit that thing!

One neighbor has a shadow box fence and neither of us really care for it. Look at it from any angle other than straight on and you can look right through it. Meh.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Decided I need to do some de-cluttering. I am a notorious keeper of boxes. I think it's an ingrained response to how much I used to move every couple of years in my 20s and 30s.
lol, I do the same thing except for ebay sales, I'd rather keep odd size boxes per chance that I might have to ship something than have to dumpster dive for one later... 😷 = :biggrin:

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Had a tree fall down after a storm. Started chainsawing it away when the saw broke :hissyfit:
Decided to at least clear the driveway by dragging the tree trunk away. 4x4 to the rescue! Attached a rope to the trunk and tried to drag it away - rope broke:Banghead:
Attached a steel aircraft cable to it for another try - success! Dragged that sucker ten feet away from the driveway - without 4x4 the rear wheels would just have dug a hole in the ground.
Another reason to :love0001:the Trailblazer!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Clleaned up garage some. Hanging out with kids. Gonna try smoking a bbq venison lasagna later.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Piles of outside work. Continued to stop down our old small barn for upgrades. Got as far as we could before needing lumber.

Then moved on to the scrap wood pile next to it and got it loaded and ready for the dump.

Then on to the old lumber pile at the edge of the property. Began sorting it, chainsawed some of the large poles to manageable segments and began loading it in my C1500. Lots left to do but it's a start.

We were going to burn more but we have had high winds for days and some places already have the fire bans in effect.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Finished the left fence panel. Now just have to do the gate, then on to the other side of the house to set posts and build that fence section.

And yes, that is one wide 5 foot gate. Narrow gates are annoying when doing yard work!

20200425_174427.jpg
20200425_174431.jpg

Pygot

Dec 6, 2019
RI
Yesterday spent all day cutting down trees on the property with the Husqavarna 455 Rancher... can still feel it today that thing is hefty with the 20in. Working on some finals today, got some ribs ready to cook for later. @Mooseman has me thinking about how I can get my hands on a bigger front swaybar. Only problem is I have an 08 so I would imagine it will be hard to find :cry:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Spring is Sprung...
The Grass is Riz...
Ignoring All...
This COVID Biz.

Is it just me... or does every neighborhood in North America now have about Triple the Number Songs Birds all over the Place? I am usually awake all night and have to sleep for most of the day (PHuuu... ing Medications...) and hearing Song Birds that early in the mornings ...is WEIRD.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is it just me... or does every neighborhood in North America now have about Triple the Number Songs Birds all over the Place?

Quite possible. With the decrease in human presence/activity, there has been an increase in animal presence. Lots of reports of this phenomena. Heck, the other day, spotted a couple of ducks in our front yard taking a stroll and crossing the street (there's a joke there somewhere).

This morning, put a pork shoulder in the smoker for some delicious pulled pork tonight. Other than that, probably will spend time in the garage cleaning up. I want to be able to work on my sled to replace the head gasket so it's ready for next season. Have to order the parts too.

coolride

Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
I want to say hello to everyone from my new temporary home, Brooklyn. I just finished day 3 at Woodhull Hospital where I'm a covid-19 volunteer. I was asked if I could commit to 3 weeks and I figured why the hell not. I was furloughed from my job and couldn't eat any more ice cream and pizza. Also the beer. Maybe I'll drop that 10 pounds now that I'm getting to work everyday.

Wish me luck. Also, Brooklyn is awesome.

coolride

Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
Good looking hospital. This is the east side at sunrise.
WoodH1.jpg

The sun broke out Saturday; I rented a bike and rode over the Brooklyn bridge. All I can say about that is, it was un-freaking believable.

Brooklyn Bridge pedestrian pathway. That's Manhattan in the distance.
brook1.jpg

The whole path is made of wooden planks loosely screwed to the steel structure.
brook2.jpg

The view of Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn.
brook3.jpg

This is where I get on the bus in the morning. The buses and trains are always late. They say it's because so many of the drivers have died. On the way home from work today, my bus was 20 minutes late.
brook4.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Good looking hospital. This is the east side at sunrise.
View attachment 94290

The sun broke out Saturday; I rented a bike and rode over the Brooklyn bridge. All I can say about that is, it was un-freaking believable.

Brooklyn Bridge pedestrian pathway. That's Manhattan in the distance.
View attachment 94291

The whole path is made of wooden planks loosely screwed to the steel structure.
View attachment 94292

The view of Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn.
View attachment 94293

This is where I get on the bus in the morning. The buses and trains are always late. They say it's because so many of the drivers have died. On the way home from work today, my bus was 20 minutes late.
View attachment 94294

Damn nice pics! I've got to step up my game and actually take the time to take more pics of my surroundings.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
4 more posts stuck in the ground and a couple rails in place for the fence on the other side of the house. Mowed the grass. That's about it. Not overly productive. The ground is rocky and it took a couple tries to get the anchors in straight, and they still are a little wackjawed compared to the other side. Should still suffice.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Screenshot_20200428-111819_Samsung Internet.jpg
Going to be up on the buildings roof top deck at 12pm having lunch and taking pics of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds as they fly by.

Edit: the best part is I'm on location where I'll see them fly by 4 times. That's freakin awesome!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A little more fence progress. Ran out of time to finish a panel section. Decided since this side doesn't have a normal gate (one panel will be able to be opened if needed) that I would follow the slope of the ground to keep the fence from having a large-ish gap at the bottom on the one end. Good idea or bad I don't know but it is what it is!

I wanted each section to be equal length (6 feet) but this side had lots of rocks so I couldn't do it. Irritated by it but again, it is what it is!

20200428_163416.jpg
20200428_185102.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Took mom out for a drive on some back roads and checked on dad's grave and flowers. She isn't getting out much with predisposing conditions and the 'virus' being around so she could use a ride here and there.

Mounted a flag pole on a 4x4 on the porch and hung an American flag on it. Soul touching, I didn't have much of a feeling for a flag when I was young but it has became sacred to me now. Got one hung on the wall at the foot of my bed, one on my toolbox at work, and one on the back window of my truck. Old glory is a staple of life for me now. I've dreamt of having a nice big flag pole but a nice one is $$$ and a cheap one is junk so I settled on a porch mount that I found on sale. Will do for now.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
A little more fence progress. Ran out of time to finish a panel section. Decided since this side doesn't have a normal gate (one panel will be able to be opened if needed) that I would follow the slope of the ground to keep the fence from having a large-ish gap at the bottom on the one end. Good idea or bad I don't know but it is what it is!

I wanted each section to be equal length (6 feet) but this side had lots of rocks so I couldn't do it. Irritated by it but again, it is what it is!

View attachment 94329
View attachment 94330

I'm guessing you purposely put the boards on upside down?

• Wow
Reactions: northcreek

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wants to mess with the neighbor's head....:stars:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm guessing you purposely put the boards on upside down?
Yes. I'm putting trim on so you won't see that part. And I was told the taper on the nittom may help it shed rain water a bit better vs a square bottom. Won't see it anyway. It will lookike the other completed panels I did earlier on the other side.

Reactions: Pygot and Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just got the Caprice out of storage. Hooked up the battery and she roared to life like nothing. Will be spending the day emptying it out (stuffed it with all the exhaust, Brembo brakes and interior parts for it) and plan for the exhaust install. Ordered a set of stainless header bolts on Amazon which, surprisingly, should be here next week. Will have to get it really high off the ground to slip the headers in from the bottom or I may wait until the DIY garage opens back up so I can use the lift. If that's the case, then I'll do the interior instead.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Screwed up my unemployment claim on Monday, trying to call them to fix it and it took several tries to get in line because the hold line was too full. Finally got in it, after an hour got to someone and they said oh I was in the wrong queue and they'd transfer me... to the same queue I had been in! Of course it is full and it dumps me out, and I can't get back in it. Dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online