What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been looking all weekend for a minivan for the wife...they really hold their value.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Went to get our Christmas tree today. We go to a place out in Bethel, OH called Corsi's tree farm. Would've taken the TB but my sis has it currently on loan, and the Forester has a good roof rack. It's a cool place way outside of Cincy where you go and cut your own Xmas tree down. Had a blast
y6yjaja5.jpg
u8y5ybup.jpg
a7unyqat.jpg

The little tree's not the one we got- just liked the pic of my little dude next to a little tree :biggrin:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Slinging pizza atm but going to be researching Fj Cruisers when I get home.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Friday
Test drove a FJ Friday.. Not impressed.. Rode horrible, dash looked and felt cheap, no power.
Test drove a Subaru Crosstek. Would be an awesome car IF it had a turbo
Test drove a Subaru Outback, nice car, hated how I felt in the drivers seat.
Test drove a Subaru Forester, Nice car, was expecting more power out of the turbo. For 250 ponies, nice off the line, felt gutless on the highway.

Saturday
Mounted 65" Plasma to the wall
Installed a brake controller on the Voy
Put up XMas tree
Cleaned up my mess from all the above.

Sunday
Woke up, and went to work................

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Overall I like the FJ. Saw a matching yellow fj and teardrop camper trailer in RMNP, pic is on old phone. Nice. But 3 wipers? Visibility seems to be #1 complaint. Mine is that they didn't offer a more powerful motor mated with the 6 speed manny. Cheap interior with all the gadgets is about as good an off road rig as you can find off the dealer lot.

Landcruiser
or a
Range Rover?

High mileage rigs that have already had overhauls can be a steal. I'm looking at a few Raptors. As close to Baja as you can get stock. GM needs a better competitor.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I can't stand FJs. Look like toys. Ugly things. Something about the earlier ones with body tear issues also is a real turn off. Yeah, they fixed it but for a rig "designed" for moderate off road use that should never have happened in the first place!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Haha so true. But I like the ugly retro look. Not enough to go buy one. Friend had one and I got enough of it then. My snowboard/ski gear packs the TB better than his fj. He has a vanagon now :rotfl:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Been looking all weekend for a minivan for the wife...they really hold their value.

StowNgo from mopar. Two buddies each have one and they "like" it. The Chrysler had a nice ride to it. She goes on a roadtrip every summer with her boys.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
waiting to attend a meeting, then drive back home (650+ miles) helluva commute

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Overall I like the FJ. Saw a matching yellow fj and teardrop camper trailer in RMNP, pic is on old phone. Nice. But 3 wipers? Visibility seems to be #1 complaint. Mine is that they didn't offer a more powerful motor mated with the 6 speed manny. Cheap interior with all the gadgets is about as good an off road rig as you can find off the dealer lot.
The FJ are pretty when dolled up and the matching trailer thing is kinda cool, but that is barbie shit. An FJ wont touch a JK as an offroad rig. The 4runner is better than the FJ. The Xterra is as good as an FJ. LC or RR is nicer, maybe better offroad, but a different class in money. A Grand Cherokee would be my choice over an FJ for offroad duty. Would much rather have a 5.3 H3 or a H2 if looking full-size. The H3 is a beast offroad and was originally designed for 35s, but mpg requirements had the dropped down. You can sling 35s under one cheap and have a really capable rig.

I personally know a guy with an FJ and JKU. He thought the Fj would be good offroad, fun to own, kinda cool, but he bought it drove it a year and dumped it to his wife for street use and bought a JKU and never looked back.

I personally hate the Raptor and I am not sure where you live that you would have a lot of use for wide open desert running which is about all they are good for. Awful big for trail running. Maybe fun in the snow, but I would build a reg full size pickup before paying the raptor premium. If I wanted factory built offroad full size it would have to be the PowerWagon. Things are sweet.

Playsinsnow said:
StowNgo from mopar. Two buddies each have one and they "like" it. The Chrysler had a nice ride to it. She goes on a roadtrip every summer with her boys.

Hoping for a call on a 05 Town n Country w stow n go, 87K, DVD n such. It was tucked behind a big dealer for sending to auction and guy said he could not sell, but after talking with him, he is going to talk with the manager today and see if I can buy it wholesale. Needs cleaning and brakes, but hopefully cheap and seemed really solid overall.

She has a 98 Grand Caravan with 200K and it runs awesome. Drive it anywhere(500+ miles this weekend), but now has rust HOLES and she does not like it. Understandable, so i need to get her an upgrade. She likes the Honda vans, but I hate anything Honda. The GM offerings are ok, but harder to find. The ford suck for interior, her mom has the dolled up mercury and it sucks with carseats and extra people. The Toyota are expensive. So we have been concentrating on the Dodge/Chrysler ones. Sto and go is a plus for me, but she does not care and says just put a trailer hitch on it if we need to haul a bunch. I dont think she quite gets it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The Toyota timing belts seem to attract mice. Or so it is with my brother's Sienna. He's had to replace the belt twice due to rodents getting in behind the cover and shoving it full of nest material. The one time it happened after only 1 day of sitting.

Frankly I hate timing belts so any vehicle that has one is almost certainly written off my list :tongue:

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
Working right now...Gonna watch the Jets/Rangers game tonight...on TV

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wishing work was over

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Mobil1 synthetic oil and bosch filter. Ordered HD's for up front from Summit Racing. $133.94. I was hesitant to place an order online from the stories of second blue moon ship out dates. No answer at shockwarehouse for 20 minutes. No answer at Eshocks for a few and Summit answered first call. Ship out today, should have them by end of week. :wootwoot:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The SNG do have a few unique problems. And I experienced both of them in one trip. With passengers, and cargo, without a load leveling suspension, the SNG pods are a lot closer to the ground then they should be. The first problem I had with them was in Zanesville, OH in a rented SNG Dodge GC. Pulled into a gas station, and the manhole where they fill up the in ground tanks, well the lid caught on the SNG pod, and ripped it wide open.

Same trip, different location, different rental van SNG Chrysler TnC @ Berthod Pass, CO. Stopped so my passengers could look at the view of the mountains. Tires were warm, van sank a bit in the snow, to the point were the SNG pods, and engine cradle were resting of the snow. Nice and stuck we were. Had to wait for a state road maintenance truck to come pull us out. Snow caused the pods to dent inward from the weight.

Now my passengers were all adults, and there were 6 of us in there, and there luggage, so the weight was a bit different then if we had kids.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Dropped the truck off this morning to get it aligned, well the shop just calls me to tell me that they cant do it because the upper control are flipped. Ugh, just going to take it back to Mr. Tire, they did it last time with no issues.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Gonna go pick up the ss which now has a new fresh tranny. Anticipation is killing me!!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Dropped the truck off this morning to get it aligned, well the shop just calls me to tell me that they cant do it because the upper control are flipped. Ugh, just going to take it back to Mr. Tire, they did it last time with no issues.

Dorks.

My shop looked at it, commented on how that was a brilliant idea whoever came up with it, and had no problem getting it in spec.

Hate it when shops see something non-stock and freak out :hissyfit:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Sparky said:
Dorks.

My shop looked at it, commented on how that was a brilliant idea whoever came up with it, and had no problem getting it in spec.

Hate it when shops see something non-stock and freak out :hissyfit:

The wanted to argue with me when I picked it up, he spent 10 minutes telling me that the one on the left had an R on and the one on the right had an L. Said it would be impossible to align the caster. I know my bushings were shot, but not that bad. It at least confirms that my alignment is out after the new arms got installed. Hopefully that is what is causing my death wobble.

May 5, 2013
Got a jump on the Christmas turkey prep at work. Deboned out 10 huge birds and stuffed them with some bread stuffing heavy on the summer savory.

Attachments

• IMG-20131203-00010.jpg
    IMG-20131203-00010.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20131203-00009.jpg
    IMG-20131203-00009.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20131203-00006.jpg
    IMG-20131203-00006.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20131203-00003.jpg
    IMG-20131203-00003.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20131203-00001.jpg
    IMG-20131203-00001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 15

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Never deboned a bird before

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
First shift at new pizza place

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Attended the funeral for my Fiance's grandfather, been a very somber week. He passed away on thanksgiving, and it has emotional for hew family. He is at peace now.

On a different note I received the last of my lights for the truck, wont be until next week until I can install everything. Heading to Hershey PA this weekend.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nursing a lil hangover

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Watching our crazy pup mess with the cat.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386342483505.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386342483505.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386342496800.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386342496800.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386342513990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386342513990.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 13

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
Went and got our Christmas tree today. It is the first year of having a real tree. It is also the first year of getting one that I can replant. The problem is all the decorations are still in the storage unit since we have not bought a house yet and are still in a very tiny condo. The tree is a small Norfolk Island pine. The good thing my mother in-law is bringing decorations tomorrow. Trying to figure out how to use my Glow with the Show Mickey Ears as the topper. Will try and post a picture when it is done.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Relaxing

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Making a mess out of things. Replacing my tie rod ends with a set of 2500HD Fabtech tie rod ends and adjusting my radflos.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Killing time before working for...

u9uqyta4.jpg

And researching 1st gen Honda civics since I found one of my early project cars earlier today.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching Home Alone

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Work then a nice dinner with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online