What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Work. This morning went fast, but this afternoon is dragging.

Seeing the GF this evening.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube and trying to sell some tires on the side.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
At work suited up to do a bathroom wall regrout.20170607_094834.jpg
EDIT: It was turning out great till a !@#$%^&* tile decided to fall off the wall. Smh. Guess I'll cut out all the way around the shower body and spout and try to reclaim these tiles since what we have in stock don't match 100%.20170607_102641.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've got to break free.

Reactions: xavierny25

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got called into the bosses office this morning and was told I'll be moving out of the cube farm, and getting an office that will soon be vacated by one of the directors. (call me fancy!)

But then I was also told that my counterpart, who's been here 2 years longer than me, is losing her office and will probably take my old seat. Great way to cause animosity on the team. :hopeless:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Picked up some neodymium magnets after work, for a future project.
IMG_20170607_204451.jpg

Decided to test them out, as alternative stud finders.
IMG_20170607_191939.jpg

And then decided while I was in the office, to install my TV wall mount, just to mark one more thing off my to-do list. :thumbsup:
IMG_20170607_203800.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
working

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Swing shift.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Trying to figure out a way to leave work early without using PTO

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Figuring out some things with the car and sitting in my cube til they let me go home

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
My day off so I did all my running around early. Now I just need to grab some tackle my rods and reels and do some shore wishing before the rain starts up.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good ole shore wishing :wink:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Will have dinner with wife and then head to my last night shift this week.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Waiting for this dragging afternoon to end, wondering why the mail hasn't been delivered yet, then going to see the GF tonight.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got moved into my new office at work just after lunch. REALLY weird, since I've always been in the cube farm in some way/shape/form. Everyone is giving me decorating suggestions. Kind of annoying, I haven't even decided how I want the furniture setup yet, so CHILL!!! :mad: After a bathroom break and walking back to my desk, the large, blank wall behind my chair did look like it needed something. So I'll go through my goodies at home and see what may fit the bill.

Home now, and window shopping online for stuff @ Home Depot. They sent me a 15% off one in-store purchase, so I need to see what big ticket items I need, can afford, and can fit in the EXT at one time. :undecided:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bought some battery operated lawn equipment this morning, got all the batteries in their chargers. Will be tackling my jungle of a yard, and hopefully get all the grass cut before the rain hits in a few hours.

Reactions: Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
While waiting for the batteries to charge, I broke down and bagged a bunch of tree branches I had cut down a couple weeks ago. Nice and dry, and most importantly easy to break. Had some fun with the lawn tools, managed to get the front and side yards done fairly quickly. Through the gate and into the back yard, can you tell where I had to change batteries? :biggrin:

IMG_20170610_140456.jpg IMG_20170610_140518.jpg

Got showered up, now i'm on the couch rehydrating. I'm good and sore now, my back wasn't ready for that. Hopefully since the next time won't involve bagging branches, it won't be as bad. Gonna chill for a bit, maybe grab a nap since my couch isn't comfortable no matter how I position myself.

Will hit the grocery store later for some grub, and buy a powerball ticket. :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another trip to the hardware store. I swear I should be on a first name basis with the people at Lowe's and Home Depot by now :hopeless:

Worked on mending my fence, there were several missing and/or broken pickets. So replaced them, checked the rest, and re-nailed any that were starting to work loose. Hopefully that will keep the stray cats out, that have recently started marking in my back yard.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
At work today. Had a great time shore fishing the last 2 days.20170610_152153.jpg 20170610_123909.jpg 20170610_123611.jpg
I could of drove right up to where I was wishing but I didn't want to deflate my tires and I never got a replacement portable pump.
20170610_123416.jpg
The last one wasn't my catch but dam those fluke are nice and meaty.

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Working from home today, while I wait for a freight delivery to show up. Window is 8am to 6pm (sheesh, isn't that helpful?) but they did say the driver would give me a call approximately an hour out.

Decided to pick up where I left off with the home office. Moved the bedroom TV in there and put it on the mount, slid the desk over to the corner. Not sure, but I think I might like the TV better more in the corner. :undecided:

And yes, I know the bottom of my chair is dusty :rolleyes:

IMG_20170612_074434.jpg IMG_20170612_074456.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back at work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, but snuck out at lunch and picked up the shiny TA wheels and was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the cost

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
temporarily at another location, so setting up another PC and cubicle to be productive.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Had breakfast with a buddy from work, then laundry and went to buy a few things (some groceries and furnace filters). On the way back home, CEL came on. Scanned it at a red light (love the Android radio!) and got a P0506 code (low idle). I am using the A/C and idle has been around 500RPM but not surging. Throttle cleaning time. It's probably never had one. Too hot to do it right now.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wearing multiple hats at work, and I feel a bit like this sometimes :dunce:

Manufacturing engineering manager is on vacation this week so he gave me a crash course Friday how to do some stuff. So far so good, but just adds to the work load a bit. First two hours of the day I wasn't even doing my job lol.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
cubelife

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Worked half the day, then picked up the paperwork for the Caprice PPV, got it registered and plated, drove it home. Still look like The Joker with a grin ear to ear :biggrin:. That thing is wicked fast!

Then my son's new/old Silvy that he bought was dropped off. The went to the local cruise night and got some names of insurance companies to try and get insurance for my oddball car. Dinner with the wife and then going to bed soon.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube and have a lunch meeting with management provided Panera. Then off for a few days to Omaha to see family.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
In the cube, trying to fix some stuff that is so screwed up at the office I am at downtown.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At work and making calls to insurance companies. Hitting brick walls :badday:

HizAndHerz

Oct 28, 2013
Meeting a neighbor who is buying one of my trucks. A friend gave it to me 6 years ago when the transmission went out. I rebuilt the tranny and my eldest 2 sons put 100k miles on it. Sold it for $500.

I've replaced 3 cars this month because I needed relief from working on old trucks and cars. I bought 3 nice Nissan sedans with less than 50K miles on them. Still hanging on to my broken down Saab 9-7x, Envoy and faithful Silverado.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Was supposed to be at work. Called in sick due to the runs and cramps. Must be the burrito from last night. :worried:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Decided to take a half day from work today. Still have a lot of time saved up to take off, plus I'm going to see the GF again through the weekend starting this evening and I have some fun stuff I need to get done before that, so... Home I am!

"Fun stuff" being laundry. Yay.

On my way home I picked up drywall supplies for my kitchen and some supplies for a side job on Monday. Also stopped at Best Buy and bought a new keyboard. My trusty old Logitech Multimedia keyboard from 2006 still works but is pretty well worn, and I've been wanting a backlit keyboard for a while, so I just splurged and bought a Logitech G910. Maybe a bit overkill, I've NEVER spent this much on a keyboard, but hey... probably won't have to buy a new keyboard for a very long time now. It is going to take a little bit of getting used to the mechanical keys (they aren't the ultra clacky ones) and the taller "normal" keycaps as my old keyboard had lower profile keys, but so far I'm not making any more mistakes typing this on it than my old keyboard.

While waiting for the laundry to run, I prepped my bike, haven't ridden it in years but the GF thought we might go out riding. The front derailleur will not go to the lowest gear unless I get it rubbing the chain constantly on the 2nd gear, but screw it, I don't need that low gear anyway right now. I don't feel like screwing with it that much. It is a fairly cheap walmart bike from probably 15 years ago.

TL;DR
Got off work early, bought drywall stuff, bought a keyboard, did laundry, prepped bike.

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.