What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, paying the that night shift today. I feel like a sloth on 'ludes.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Getting irritated at some equipment at work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Rain stopped, I have to go and pull the encoder motor out of the Saab since it's stuck in AWD (crow hop). Starting to take apart the old EXT too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
working

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
A little interior TLC: fixing some creaks in the dash I've been putting off, cleaning the floor mats, and replacing all the door fasteners.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Working

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Birthday party for my girlfriends cousin today and just hanging out after, some bad storms have been here for about 12 hours now

HizAndHerz

Oct 28, 2013
Without fail, I am getting the torque converter bolts out of my 97x so I can change the flex plate. The truck has been down for months and I need to get it on the road. It's happening today!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Work :badday:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went over to the house to do some more work. Got curtain rods and blinds hung, trimmed back a few trees that were up against the house and roof in some areas. Most importantly, got the fridge doors, door brackets, and front trim piece removed, so I could fit it through the garage entrance and get it out of the house.

When I get water service, I'm gonna hose the whole thing out, and then bleach the :lipsrsealed: out of it.

IMG_20170430_135048.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

jpinoy

Jul 31, 2013
Installed a ODB II splitter on my Silverado and modded it with an on/off switch so I can turn my AFM Disable off when not in use, hate the sound of V4 mode. :biggrin:

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working for the man

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Chillin' before an evening shift

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yesterday - worked and then worked on raking the yard of the billion pine cones, sticks, and branches down. Didn't get it done, was getting dark and I was tired so I gave up.

Today - worked, then bought a second smaller rake and a wheel barrow, assembled it, and picked up most of the piles of pine cones/branches/sticks from yesterday. Still more raking and cleanup to do, but again was running out of daylight and energy.

Dang.

Hoping I can get it done enough tomorrow evening so that I can mow (at least the main yard). It is way beyond due, and it is supposed to start raining yet again starting Thursday.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
More tinkering at the house after work. Dismantled the guts in the freezer door, removed the ice maker and the panels over the coils to clean out dead bugs and egg casings. SOO much fun :no:

IMG_20170502_193842.jpg

IMG_20170502_193754.jpg

IMG_20170502_193801.jpg

Still don't have water service, so I can run the shelves, bins, and smaller plastic pieces through the dishwasher. I took almost no pics of the process, so I sure as hell hope I can remember how to put the damn thing back together right, or I'll be buying a new fridge. :Banghead:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
More tinkering at the house after work. Dismantled the guts in the freezer door, removed the ice maker and the panels over the coils to clean out dead bugs and egg casings. SOO much fun :no:

IMG_20170502_193842.jpg

IMG_20170502_193754.jpg

IMG_20170502_193801.jpg

Still don't have water service, so I can run the shelves, bins, and smaller plastic pieces through the dishwasher. I took almost no pics of the process, so I sure as hell hope I can remember how to put the damn thing back together right, or I'll be buying a new fridge. :Banghead:

Why was that one in so bad condition?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Why was that one in so bad condition?

The family that was renting the house before I bought it, moved out at the end or March. Due to the closing getting pushed back 4 times, the house was vacant for a month. They left a box of corn dogs and fish sticks in the freezer... So there were flies and eggs EVERYWHERE!

As for today, I'm at my second location of the morning to try and get my water service started. The first place (which the county website says handles utilities) said nope, gotta go downtown. Get here, the lady looks at me funny and says no one can do that here. :mad:

She called another office and that person said they're going to research the lien that's on the property and call me back, just so I don't drive all over town some more. It shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't. :squint:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The family that was renting the house before I bought it, moved out at the end or March. Due to the closing getting pushed back 4 times, the house was vacant for a month. They left a box of corn dogs and fish sticks in the freezer... So there were flies and eggs EVERYWHERE!

As for today, I'm at my second location of the morning to try and get my water service started. The first place (which the county website says handles utilities) said nope, gotta go downtown. Get here, the lady looks at me funny and says no one can do that here. :mad:

She called another office and that person said they're going to research the lien that's on the property and call me back, just so I don't drive all over town some more. It shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't. :squint:

Gotcha! BTW, didn't realise you bought a place...congratulations and welcome to no money!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Last evening shift.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ordered some replacement switchbacks, one had the white LED's fail :worried:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube