What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Broke in my new brakes this morning before work. Good thing all the roads around our shop are deserted. Working while awhile until I need to be up to the school for our last game of the year

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Friday cube life. A few people dressed up this year, far fewer than usual, granted the staff size has been greatly reduced.

1030151146_HDR.jpg

To keep myself busy, and not clock watching, I've been messing around with Dip Trace again, learning how to layout schematics. Figure this would make spreading the mod bug a lot easier, when I do an electrical mod that people like, and wanna duplicate.
deal.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice. Cannot go wrong with knee high black boots.

Up too late last night, hard to get up this morning. At work now and then running some errands after work. Tomorrow morning going to change the oil/filter and rotate the tires on the wife's F150.

Reactions: Sib

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Nice. Cannot go wrong with knee high black boots.

:goodpost: :iagree: I like to call 'em "fuck me" boots...just sayin'.

As for me, I'm working a little bit then heading home to spend the evening with my wife and son. Gonna watch a little MLB playoff and watch the Blackhawks. Will probably mix in a few drinks too I suppose.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Having a fella come and give us a quote on replacing a window that rotting and then off to the golf course for possibly the last round of the season.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Worked on the house some, went and picked up the materials for the new fence I'm putting up, and now passing out candy with the lady. First time doing so at our house

Reactions: xavierny25

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Friday cube life. A few people dressed up this year, far fewer than usual, granted the staff size has been greatly reduced.

1030151146_HDR.jpg

To keep myself busy, and not clock watching, I've been messing around with Dip Trace again, learning how to layout schematics. Figure this would make spreading the mod bug a lot easier, when I do an electrical mod that people like, and wanna duplicate.
deal.gif
who is the stone cold fox in the middle? Holy shit

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Today's been a lazy day. Laundry, DVR, Playstation, lottery ticket, and cash in a coupon for a free pizza at one of the local franchises.

who is the stone cold fox in the middle? Holy shit

Yeah, she turns heads in the office when she wants to. Has sort of a pseudo goth thing going on, doesn't wear ALL black, but mostly black every day. She's pretty cool though, hung out with her a few times outside of the office. :cool:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Slow day of cube life. So I'm filling the time with buying tools (some for me, some for my dad), researching brake replacement options (again), and waiting for quitting time to get here so we can go play basketball.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been n the cube, but about ready to head home and have some family time until the Colts play tonight

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Took the day off to get the alignment done today. All the shops I went to yesterday where closed or booked for the rest of the day. Figured I'd get the laundry done as well today.
And a big one I pulled the trigger and purchased the brakemotive set up I wanted for the envoy with the bigger front rotors. Now all I have to do is find a pull apart with an xlt or ss so I can pull the front brackets out of. Soon cause I want to get it done this weekend before the cold weather creeps in on me.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Nice relaxing weekend. Was able to get caught up on some PM work on the F150. Need to take it in for alignment this coming weekend. Now back at work.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Back to a somewhat regular schedule with work today since football season is over for us. Yesterday was equipment turn in; after which I winterized all our sled and shoots for storage. Finishing my fence tonight and having a little fun with the sledge

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Tony Beets from Discovery channel's Gold Rush toured my plant today with his wife Minnie. He was only here from 1000-1300 and was gone by the time I got here. Of course our communications director did not put out his schedule until 9am this morning :no: or I would have come in earlier than usual. Heard it was a good visit and he is planning on placing an order with us.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Waiting for Publishers Clearing House to call.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Chilling in the Cube yo

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hump day cube life. Supposed to play hoops after work today, and a couple of people said they would come, so that will be more fun. Of course, halfway to the office, I realized I left my backpack with my change of clothes hanging off one of the kitchen chairs. :duh: Damnit!!

Since I get out there a little bit earlier than most anyway, I'll have time to run home, change, and drive back to the park without losing too much time. :dunce:

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Solid day of work. Got a lot of parts adjusted and altered in a leak tester for Ford. After that started knocking out some parts of a new machine that's coming together. Was able to get 5 fence posts in the ground after work with my old man

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Day off to see a doctor and cut the grass for the last time.

ETA: No grass cutting today...I'm in a bit of pain sitting down after seeing the doctor. :blinkhuh: Just glad she has small hands and hopefully the procedure will rectify ( :crackup: ) the problem.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
in da cube yo

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Raining and in the cube with little to do at this time. How many of us are in cubes? We are a bunch of cube jockeys with a passion for trucks. What if we didnt have cubes? We would share at each other all day. My problem with cube life and having ADD, I am stuck in a high traffic area. Every 3 to 5 mins, squirrel!, someone walks by, squirrel!, and I have to look. no matter who it is.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Also living the cube life... I think if there was no cube, I wouldn't stare at you guys, I'd be researching more mods to do, that I probably can't afford :bonk:

Being stuck in a high traffic area at work wouldn't be a bad thing, if you had friends and/or eye candy that was passing by all day long. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I am in a moderate traffic area, but along an isle that people like to stop and chat in...sucks! I just do my thing and try not to interact with anyone. Being 10-30 years junior of most here, they leave me alone and my production is always a t the top so it works out. I would rather post here than talk to most at work.

Tonight should be good for me. The Bengals are playing and since it is the closest team to my home they get some support from me and alot from most friends. Just need to figure out where we are watching it.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Also living the cube life... I think if there was no cube, I wouldn't stare at you guys, I'd be researching more mods to do, that I probably can't afford :bonk:

Being stuck in a high traffic area at work wouldn't be a bad thing, if you had friends and/or eye candy that was passing by all day long. :biggrin:

there is about 5 or 6 pieces of eye candy and only a couple pass by. Squirrel!

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Only candy here is the halloween stuff someone brought in and left on the one table.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Doing the work thing. Got pulled off the job I've been on to make an emergency mold for another leak tester's lastest revision. This thing is funky looking.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Most of the eye candy in my office is in the Halloween pic I posted last week. Got a few others. I'm in a moderate traffic area along the outside wall of the building. My cube has the low, maybe 4', walls, so I can see everyone. My old cubes had 6' walls, so they were very private, which was good most of the time, until someone wanted to sneak up on me. :no:

Just ordered a bag full of 20mm glass fuses. While trying to check for a parasitic drain on the TB yesterday, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any readings in either of my meters with the new test leads. I know they work, cuz I tested them in the house with my bench supply and a bosch relay. Cracked them both open and somehow I blew the fuses in em.

Upon closer look they are rated for 500mA. In my HF meter, the fuse pops out of some clips, but in my Scosche meter, it's soldered to the board. Who's dumbass idea was that? :duh: New fuses are rated for 4A.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
I am in a moderate traffic area, but along an isle that people like to stop and chat in...sucks! I just do my thing and try not to interact with anyone. Being 10-30 years junior of most here, they leave me alone and my production is always a t the top so it works out. I would rather post here than talk to most at work.

Tonight should be good for me. The Bengals are playing and since it is the closest team to my home they get some support from me and alot from most friends. Just need to figure out where we are watching it.

I'm with you on that. Lot of people here don't have the same interest as I do and the ones who do are across the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online