What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
No cube here, but my machine is in a high traffic area. I'm related to all, but one employee here. I keep to myself as much as possible to states productive, but when I'm running long programs I am usually on theChive for the eye candy and to kill time

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
In the cube. No real eye candy in the cube. But when I can get out of the cube there is some running around.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Stalker are we?

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
The only thing I don't like in my current cube placement I have a couple of Wilson's (Home Improvement). I warned them that is a safety hazard and should wear safety glasses or shield.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Taking the day off...had a "procedure" yesterday and I'm having a hard time sitting down. So, I'm doing the grocery shopping and watching a movie or 2.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube again. At least it is Friday

Reactions: AManders6

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
7 more hours of cube life, then it's weekend life time! :biggrin:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
In the cube for another hour then valet later. Got to drive a McLaren few weeks ago so hoping for another sweet ride if the hustle is slow. (Blkshdw pics are on my old phone, just got this one :biggrin: )

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
In the cube for another hour then valet later. Got to drive a McLaren few weeks ago so hoping for another sweet ride if the hustle is slow. (Blkshdw pics are on my old phone, just got this one :biggrin: )

Nice and welcome back :2thumbsup:

Last day of the work week for me. Get another weekend off. Sounds like I will be working Veterans day though. Another 8hrs of OT :yes:

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Solid work day. Packed up the rig and headed to Columbus with my brother for the weekend. Flag football state tourney, this is our first time down here so this should be fun

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Nice and welcome back :2thumbsup:

Last day of the work week for me. Get another weekend off. Sounds like I will be working Veterans day though. Another 8hrs of OT :yes:
04 SS w LED dome lights and 190k miles ran solid. Enjoyed it more than the 14 Camaro ss.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went for a lil bit of a drive this morning, and hit up the brand new outlet mall that opened last weekend, just outside of town. After talking with some coworkers, I realized I was in need of some new basketball shoes, as the ones I had, had some bald spots at the heals, balls of the feet and toes.

Wandered around and hit up all the shoe stores, figured I'd do a lap, see who had what, and for what price, and then come back to whichever one I liked best. Hit up Nike first, nothing I liked for less than $90, which I guess makes sense, since their biggest endorsement shoe is set here... :ugh:

20151107_105630.jpg

Who does that? Seriously. :no:

Reebok was bought out by Adidas, and part of the restructuring, is that they are more fitness based now. So no more hoops gear. Hit up the Under Armor store, and did see a decent pair that I liked. Felt comfy, good ankle support, but was $70. I was hoping to stay below $50, since I don't have an NBA contract.

Ended up at the Adidas store, and found exactly what I was looking for. Was torn between 2 pairs, and they almost got me with their buy one, get half off another pair deal. Grabbed these for $42. Now I can improve my domination over my coworkers.
deal.gif

20151107_115810.jpg

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:popo: About to ban PlaysInSnow for teasing us without pics. :nono:

Few weeks ago downtown Minneapolis was busy. Owner of the company tells me to get in his car with him so I can "drive a McLaren to an overnight lot". :jawdrop2:
McLaren mp4-12c with 15k miles (try to find one for sale with that many miles, say it w me, de-pre-cia-tion, almost as bad as Maserati) on it has to go about 14 city blocks. 1:30am Saturday night and 8th is 3 lanes wide. This thing was the closest thing to being scared in a car with nothing wrong with it :laugh: Twin Turbo V8 howling right over your right shoulder is an experience. I do this as a side job because it's fun and I can cherry pick where I work and when and drive cars like this from time to time. Just don't ask me how what the seatbelts are like or how fast I went. The car behind it is the boss's Infiniti. I am a professional, as it shows in the steering wheel shot, crowd started to gather and I quickly snapped it not knowing until later that I left the steering wheel turned :banghead: Heat of the moment I guess. I've had many nice cars but this is one of the few I have been waiting to drive. Edit: Standing next to it at 6'1" the top of the roof was at the bottom of my belt at my side. LoW.

Attachments

• 20150913_010041AA.jpg
    20150913_010041AA.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20150913_010055.jpg
    20150913_010055.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20150913_010029.jpg
    20150913_010029.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20150913_010128.jpg
    20150913_010128.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and dmanns67

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well I guess you can be allowed to stay now :raspberry:

That's a pretty sweet car. I know I'd get in trouble with it. One of the bridges that crosses Tampa bay is a few miles long, and 4 lanes wide. :biggrin:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Well I guess you can be allowed to stay now :raspberry:

That's a pretty sweet car. I know I'd get in trouble with it. One of the bridges that crosses Tampa bay is a few miles long, and 4 lanes wide. :biggrin:

The owner joked about taking it to another town and I said I would rather shoot down a 2 lane oneway tollway and if I see lights I will ditch it. The look on his face was priceless. My sister moved to St Pete's so I might be in the area at sometime. Nothing soon though.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
The owner joked about taking it to another town and I said I would rather shoot down a 2 lane oneway tollway and if I see lights I will ditch it. The look on his face was priceless. My sister moved to St Pete's so I might be in the area at sometime. Nothing soon though.

I've seen one of these a few blocks away from me at a body shop. I'm guessing the owner was having to much fun with it and smashed up a fender. I'll get a pic for you guess if it's still around.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Doing a whole lotta nothing this weekend.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Taking my son to Steak and Shake for dinner...I can sit down!!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
back in the cube

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Monday cube life. No real work to do, so trying to keep busy. Researching mods, portable tool chests (I'd like a lil upgrade), and VR goggles on the Google Cardboard site.

Looks like scattered thunderstorms this afternoon, so probably no basketball today. Was looking forward to schooling some fools in my new kicks! :frown:

Reactions: xavierny25

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Back to work after a busy and tiring weekend of flag football in Columbus. We ended up 5th out of 29 teams. Not too bad for a first year team, and losing our first game and having to rally back from that. Played very single play of offense, defense, ando then most of special teams. Needless to say, I'm a tad on the sore side today

Reactions: xavierny25

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Back in the cube not really wanting to work...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Took off work today, I have some time I need to use up before the end of the year and I didn't feel like working today. I did work on someone's PC here at home, then sorted some old PC hardware that I had in a box and found a couple goodies I had forgotten about.

I want to get the vent piping done on the furnace but I'm following doc's orders and trying to behave myself since the back is feeling so much better. Getting up on a ladder and reaching overhead would probably be a bad idea. I do have the propane sales guy coming out to eval what size tank I need and where to put it. I'm thinking with the heat pump I won't need the propane all that often, just when it gets really cold.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Work, work, and work. I swear the lottery office has lost my address!

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
You Tube in the cube. nothing going on today. Managers are gone and the super said just to look busy.​

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another day in the cube life. I'm dragging ass today, since I stayed up past my old man bedtime to watch the entire football game. Good thing we won, or I'd be dragging ass, AND irritable on top of that! :laugh:

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Working. Picking up some stuff after work that I need for the next phase of the remodel.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Working at one of our other sites in the laboratories

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Getting ready to get the hell out of the cube and enjoy my day off tomorrow

smt 59

Finished work for the day and now it's raining like an sob, so now time for a Bacardi and Coke and some golf channel after all it's like a Friday since tomorrow is Remembrance Day and I am off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online

No members online now.