Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Running errands then work.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Tried hosing off the siding where some losers had thrown crap at the side of the house facing the road (why would anyone even do that), but it looks like I need to scrub it as just water from a "jet" spray nozzle wasn't doing a whole lot. Darn mosquitoes were treating me like a dinner buffet. They are really bad out there for some reason. Go outside and get eaten within minutes.

Noah should have smashed those bugs.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
Welp... Tried Windows 10, and it was a FAIL. No network connections detected by either the Wifi or hard line. :confused: Go check the device manager, and both driver's are installed and listed as working properly. :mad: Disabled/re-enabled and uninstalled drivers. No go. Go to the HP website, and they say for W10 drivers, use Windows Update. Can't very well do that when I can't get on the internet now can I? :hissyfit:

Thankfully there's a Go Back feature, and went back to 8.1.
finger.gif
Microsoft!!
I have had no issues with the 4 upgrades I have done. It must be an HP problem... :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got the fan controller installed in my PS3 shell, HUGE difference. Even on the lowest setting, it's spinning much faster than before. I cranked it up to about 60%, pretty loud, but it's moving a ton of air. Radiators on the side and rear are barely warm to the touch, unlike before where I couldn't hold a finger on them for more than a few seconds. I'll give it a week before I decide to call it good, or punt the thing into the pond.

djthumper said:
I have had no issues with the 4 upgrades I have done. It must be an HP problem... :raspberry:
May very well be, not gonna chance it with my other machines. Not worth the hassle.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube for now

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ain't cooking and I've been at work :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Deciding on what to eat for lunch. Ramen and save money for mods or go to cafeteria and spend $10

danj

Sep 29, 2014
I'm still alive! It's been a while since I've been able to post anything.

I've been super busy at work designing and installing the new shipping department. Today is the first day I get to go home on time. I'll be mowing the lawn shortly.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Got the fan controller installed in my PS3 shell, HUGE difference. Even on the lowest setting, it's spinning much faster than before. I cranked it up to about 60%, pretty loud, but it's moving a ton of air. Radiators on the side and rear are barely warm to the touch, unlike before where I couldn't hold a finger on them for more than a few seconds. I'll give it a week before I decide to call it good, or punt the thing into the pond.

May very well be, not gonna chance it with my other machines. Not worth the hassle.
What fan controller did you get? The one I linked to?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Gonna be doing some cleanup

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Darkrider_LS said:
What fan controller did you get? The one I linked to?
:yes: Got the PS3 EZ Chill you suggested. Did a little experiment this morning, didn't turn the desk fan on (which was pushing air through the power supply) and after about half an hour, it went into thermal shutdown. The heat sinking for the system fan doesn't tie into the PSU which gets pretty hot :confused:

I looked at the 2 halves of the casing, and there's no ventilation holes on the side where the PSU is, so I'm assuming it's relying on air circulation inside the case, and then vent placement where it is to push the heat out... I'm still going to leave the case open until next week, and see how it performs for a few more days under heavy usage.

Back in the cube for another day. Starting on a new web app project, little more involved than the last one, so trying to grow my skill set bit by bit before I try tackling the harder stuff.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, but its ok since it is raining out anyway

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:yes: Got the PS3 EZ Chill you suggested. Did a little experiment this morning, didn't turn the desk fan on (which was pushing air through the power supply) and after about half an hour, it went into thermal shutdown. The heat sinking for the system fan doesn't tie into the PSU which gets pretty hot :confused:

I looked at the 2 halves of the casing, and there's no ventilation holes on the side where the PSU is, so I'm assuming it's relying on air circulation inside the case, and then vent placement where it is to push the heat out... I'm still going to leave the case open until next week, and see how it performs for a few more days under heavy usage.

Back in the cube for another day. Starting on a new web app project, little more involved than the last one, so trying to grow my skill set bit by bit before I try tackling the harder stuff.

No one makes an external cooling fan for the PS3 or is that not enough? Overheating issues must be a common issue with gaming systems as it is a killer for the Xbox360 which causes the "red ring of death" as I have read it called. I have the cooling fan below that snaps into place on the back side. (3) separate fans that push a lot of air. If my XBox is one for a while, the external fans will continue to run for an additional 15-20 minutes to help cool everything down before shutting off.

Last day of the work week. Ran some errands this morning and at work now. Picked up some more ribs to smoke. Trying different cuts this time, spare, baby back, and st Louis. Also, need to install the fogs this weekend to see if the shim I used is enough.

Attachments

• nyko-intercooler-360-20060428035955908-000.jpg
    nyko-intercooler-360-20060428035955908-000.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: gmcman and Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
dmanns67 said:
No one makes an external cooling fan for the PS3 or is that not enough? Overheating issues must be a common issue with gaming systems as it is a killer for the Xbox360 which causes the "red ring of death" as I have read it called. I have the cooling fan below that snaps into place on the back side. (3) separate fans that push a lot of air. If my XBox is one for a while, the external fans will continue to run for an additional 15-20 minutes to help cool everything down before shutting off.
I've seen a front intercooler like that one, and one that snaps onto the rear right at the exhaust where the radiators are. Considered getting the 2nd one, but it has a retractable USB cable that has to get stretched and run around to the front of the console :no:

My fan was in proper condition, just not getting the boosted PWM signal to spin up when the temps rose. So this way everything will look stock when I close it up, and the potentiometer bolts in where there's a small opening large enough to fit the tiny screw driver head to make adjustments as necessary. :thumbsup:

Reactions: dmanns67

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
djthumper said:
Out of town celebrating one of my sons 16th birthday
Does he get the TB or the Silvy for his bday gift dad? Lol

As for me, I worked all day. Got my fishing poles re-spooled for this weekend. A buddy of mine is getting married in a few weeks so we are driving about 6hrs to upper Wisconsin to go fishing for the weekend for his bachelor party. Renting a house on a lake. Bringing up a couple boats to catch some fish. Playing some bags while we are there, cooking out, and probably a little (I mean a lot) of drinking. Can't friggin wait!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Cleaning son's fish tank and playing golf this arvo. Grilling some chicken when some friends come over tonight.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Helped a family friend move some heavy items. Now I'm pissed, was gone about 40 minutes and returned home to find my mailbox vandalized for the fourth time. Two little facks were walking down the road when I left, but I don't know where they live.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Did some yard work this morning. Finished putting the wifes brush guard back together on the F150. Smoking a couple rack of st louis cut ribs. Trying a couple different rubs and recipes. Drinking some brews and relaxing the rest of the evening.

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Failed at sleeping in this morning, drove through a downpour for a mini meet and some lunch, then sat around watching TV.

Did have a bit of a scare on the way home. Stopped at Harbor Freight to pick up a set of hole saws that were on sale for $10, and when turning into the parking isle, the EXT died. "Low oil pressure, shut off engine" on the DIC. It was sort of a late turn, as I saw a spot open out of the corner of my eye. Didn't think much of it, kicked the shifter into neutral, turned the key and it fired right up. Back into drive, and started to turn into the spot. Motor died again. :mad: Coasted down the isle to an open area, and muscled it into a spot with a few open spaces around it. Checked the oil level, and it was fine. :confused:
wtf.gif

About to hop on the PS3 for a couple of hours, and then have some leftover pasta for dinner. Then to decide whether I want to do movies, or DVR. #WeekendLife

Reactions: Mounce

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
For less than $40, I turned my backpack blower into a sprayer so I can take care of the mosquitos. There isn't an attachment for it so I made one. Maybe not as effective as a dedicated sprayer but it works pretty good with the water test.

I fabricated a simple venturi and I was able to draw 3 in/Hg and that will supply a decent amount of liquid. I have a shut off valve I can use if I need to lower the flow but haven't installed that yet.

I could either carry a tank or bucket, but for testing this already will easily draw through the 1/4" ID tube for 10' and with 12" of height, if I carry the container almost level with a gravity feed it should only help things, especially trimming about 3' from the tube.

20150809_194518.jpeg

20150809_194012.jpeg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Got a haircut this morning and picked up an easy out kit and a 194 socket from Advance Auto since I had a $5 off coupon for a purchase of $10 or more. Need to replace the 194 socket for the F150's 3rd brake light as it has deteriorated so bad, the outside edges are crumbling. Should have done it initially when I replaced the 3rd brake light as now it has stopped working. Now at work for the rest of the evening.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Getting screwed by the army, big time

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: SnowBlazer

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Nothing exciting. Worked earlier today, had a few baseball lessons, listened to Method Man (been on a MM kick lately) on the way home, and been relaxing since I got home. Just watching the White Sox right now and trying to wrap my head around this Vertical Scope thing... :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online

No members online now.