What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wife n kids came to work and took me to lunch. Would not be a big deal except it was 66 miles each way for them. Does not happen too often.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Matt said:
Oh yeah, you're sooooo old! :rotfl:

Got you beat young fella. :raspberry:
Hey man, there are some days where I don't feel anything close to a young fella.
yoda1_zpsb12818e6.gif

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Im back!

Well, now that school has officially started back, my work schedule is back to the usual fall schedule. No more two-a-days and weird practice times! Woooo! One week out till the first game. Feels good to be relatively less busy.

Anyways working till about now then it's off to practice

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Hey man, there are some days where I don't feel anything close to a young fella.
yoda1_zpsb12818e6.gif
I def know that feeling....especially when a previously pinched nerve randomly acts up and shuts everything down from the waist downward....

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Darkrider_LS said:
I def know that feeling....especially when a previously pinched nerve randomly acts up and shuts everything down from the waist downward....
Everything? :undecided: :eek:

Hung out with my son this morning. Came up to my baseball academy because he wanted to hit. He has a tee with a bat and a few wiffle balls at home, but he likes coming to my work and playing baseball.

Now I'm back at work, working the rest of the night. Have a buddies wedding to go to tomorrow so looking forward to that. Nothing out of the ordinary today.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:eek: Holy crap!! I feel for that guy. That reminds me of an incident one of our clients had last year. In their distribution centers, they have AGVs (automatic guided vehicles) running around loading and offloading pallets of stuff. Their travel lanes are marked, so people stay out of the way, and they have bumpers with sensors, so if they hit something, they stop until they are reset.

They had a 2 part problem. A worker was near some shelves that an AGV was coming to put some stuff on, and hit him. The software failed to interpret the signal from the sensors in the bumper, so it didn't stop. It knocked him down, rolled over him, crushing one of his legs and then got stuck there. :sadcry:

Before I arrived at the plant we had AGV fork trucks. Too many close calls and got rid of them. We do have (80) AGV engine carriers that move the engine from station to station as it is getting built. They are equipped with a sick eye and does a pretty good job of stopping the AGV when an operator or an object steps in front of the sick eye view. Also has 8 e-stops on it as well. Fortunately, we have not had any major accidents with the AGVs. We have had an AGV drop an engine while the fixture on the AGV was rotating the engine into position, but no one was hurt.

Back at work for the evening.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Blckshdw said:
yoda1_zpsb12818e6.gif
TGIF people!! One more day of cube life until the weekend!

Had to leave the office for a quick minute, and when I came back in, 2 of the girls at the front desk stopped me and asked me if I was feeling OK. I said I was fine, a little tired since I didn't sleep that great, but that was about it. They said I was walking like I was in pain. :laugh: I guess I don't move like anything close to a young fella either!! :tongue:

Reactions: Matt and Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube life for 6 more hours

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Out and about in my sis's 2013 Pilot while at the beach, 4 adults and 3 kids inside and the ride is punishing. I feel like I'm in a WRK STi.....no lie.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Looks like I'm doing my thermostate on my day off.
So I wake up to drive my lady to work start the envoy felt a vibration at the wheel at full stop but gone when I put in nuetral. Keep it moving thought nothing of it. Got on the high way doin the usual 45 mph. light dic flashes tighten gas cap. Pulled over took a look it was tight. Kept it moving 4 minutes later dic flashes check engine light. That's when I noticed the temp was the two lines short of 200.
what a great day of I'm going to have. uploadfromtaptalk1440164320424.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Off from the night job today so working at the office until 430 and then using the lift we just put in my father's garage to clean up the underneath of the beaSSt amd undercoat things.

20150816_200509_zpscp9fokuj.jpg

20150816_200830_zps0cpojn4w.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Lol... my brother came to us and was like, "you guys want to go in on a lift" so we split it 3 ways and a wk later we had it lol.

His '68 Firebird on it getting ready to swap out his 2 speed power glide for a 3 speed with a bigger stall...
FB_IMG_1440168551910_zpsklgoje2i.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Surprised you did a 4 post since it makes suspension/axle/wheel/brake work more difficult than a 2 post

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
That it does and I have no idea why they chose that. I was just the money guy

Reactions: Matt and HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working with Husky Liner to get my curling front mats replaced with their lifetime warranty.

Reactions: Capote

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Enjoying a sandwich before I head up to the school to get everything together for our last scrimmage before the regular season starts next thursday.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Clearing off the desk for my 3 day weekend that starts in 40 minutes!

Reactions: Matt

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
xavierny25 said:
Looks like I'm doing my thermostate on my day off.
So I wake up to drive my lady to work start the envoy felt a vibration at the wheel at full stop but gone when I put in nuetral. Keep it moving thought nothing of it. Got on the high way doin the usual 45 mph. light dic flashes tighten gas cap. Pulled over took a look it was tight. Kept it moving 4 minutes later dic flashes check engine light. That's when I noticed the temp was the two lines short of 200.
what a great day of I'm going to have.
attachicon.gif
20150821_084723.jpg
Would your vibration have something to do with the low tire pressure warning light?

Ok scratch that, I see that it was when stopped.

You can blame that on a week at the beach and cooler full of liquids..... :smile:

Your vibration could be your motor mounts...generally goes away when not in gear at a stop.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
gmcman said:
Would your vibration have something to do with the low tire pressure warning light?

Ok scratch that, I see that it was when stopped.

You can blame that on a week at the beach and cooler full of liquids..... :smile:

Your vibration could be your motor mounts...generally goes away when not in gear at a stop.
Nope the vibration is only when I'm at light or put my foot on the break and put in drive.

xavierny25 said:
Nope the vibration is only when I'm at light or put my foot on the break and put in drive.
All so I pulled up some codes and it might be another issue but I'm going to bring that to a different thread on here.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
xavierny25 said:

xavierny25 said:
All so I pulled up some codes and it might be another issue but I'm going to bring that to a different thread on here.
Please use the multiquote feature to reply to multiple posts at once. :thankyou:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Blckshdw said:
Please use the multiquote feature to reply to multiple posts at once. :thankyou:
Yea sorry about that tappatalk is a little tuff to distinguish between reply and edit. But I'll get it together someday.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finally got around to trying out my new TENS unit. I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, as I've tried out devices that work similarly, but this thing is WAY stronger. lol Decided to start with my shoulder that gets sore from time to time after the ceiling fan adventure. Typing right now is a challenge, as my whole left arm is twitching :rotfl:

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
xavierny25 said:
If you're idling with the engine hot, around 600 RPM in drive and it's vibrating, then it goes away in neutral or park, basically no load, then the motor mounts are usually the culprit.

If you have about 8 to 10 years on them and you have these symptoms then I would change them. Use OE GM mounts only, not aftermarket.

When I changed mine I had the same symptoms and it was a night and day difference, this is very common among these platforms. ...consider it normal wear and tear.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Blckshdw said:
Finally got around to trying out my new TENS unit. I had a pretty good idea of what to expect, as I've tried out devices that work similarly, but this thing is WAY stronger. lol Decided to start with my shoulder that gets sore from time to time after the ceiling fan adventure. Typing right now is a challenge, as my whole left arm is twitching :rotfl:
I love my TENS unit, I use it at least once a week on various spots. Usually hamstrings, knees and shoulders. Gotta keep the body moving through these playoffs.

Gameday!! Conference championship, win and we get a shot at the league title. Not bad for a first year team. I'm pumped! Playoff football!

Reactions: Blckshdw

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Defrosting the garage freezer, bottling some Chocolate Milk Stout and grilling tonight.

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
About to walk a block down my street to the annual Abbotsford Downtown car show. They close off 6 blocks of the old downtown area for the day, and something like 500 rods, customs, and classics show up. The weather is perfect today, not a cloud in the sky, and temps will hit high 20's C. If there are any GMTs there, I'll get some pics.

Reactions: SnowBlazer and Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Shut my PC down and took apart the water cooling loop to clean it. I haven't touched it for over a year and I noticed recently the temperatures were higher than they should be. It wasn't really too bad in there but still needs a good cleaning out.

Also need to get new batteries for my computer's UPS as the 5 year old battery pack was dead and the UPS started screaming at me today. Popped the cover to look at them and the one rubber vent cap shot off and hit me in the face lol. Sides of the battery are bulged from the pressure. Took a peek inside and the battery is bone dry. Well, I could try to add water to the cells, but at this point I should just replace them. Only about $50-60 for a replacement battery pack for this thing anyway.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran some errands earlier, did a roll through, of a neighborhood that I may take a closer look at, as there's a house for sale that interests me. Swung by JimmyJam's place for a few hours to meet Jr. That kid's got some serious lungs on him! lol

Now home, about to chow down on a pizza, and clear some DVR space. :thumbsup:

Sparky said:
Sides of the battery are bulged from the pressure. Took a peek inside and the battery is bone dry.
Same thing happened to one of my last ones. Split the side and drained out on the carpet

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
Here's a street shot from the car show today, it's the only one I have that's below the 2mb pic limit:

Attachments

• car show 001.jpg
    car show 001.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 23

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Productive day working on the F150. Soldered in two 194 sockets for the cargo lights, installed a new smoked LED 3rd brake light, finally installed the LED flasher relay, and amber 3157 LED front turn signals. The relay was a cheap and easy install once I got the dash apart.

Relaxing the rest of the evening.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
More cube life and staring at code. Bleh. Doing more house research, gonna see about getting a walk through on a property that caught my attention. Probably look into some mods that I can't afford, later on.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Back on the daily grind. Working the office job from 9 to 6, then the night job 7-midnight...

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Veterans benefits classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25