Trailvoy (Off Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:
You didn't even make it 5 minutes... :hopeless:

smitty5150 said:
So much pride that they cannot even leave the posts and try to defend against them.
Doesn't surprise me. And just proves that my statement is true. It's the only way they know how to deal with it.

edit: interesting though...JohnnyL is not banned, and I can still see the post. :undecided:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Doesn't surprise me. And just proves that my statement is true. It's the only way they know how to deal with it.

edit: interesting though...JohnnyL is not banned, and I can still see the post. :undecided:

"Global Ignore".... just like me. Log out and look for your post.

I'm reasonably sure that banning users causes the total user count to drop... muting users circumvents this.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:
"Global Ignore".... just like me. Log out and look for your post.
I know...I did. Then I logged back in and edited my post with a message for them...
edit - I see that I was right. The general public can not see this post. Too bad the rest of the world can't see what you're hiding. Oh wait, yes they can.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Umm you and Bot broke site rules. Something about how a member is only allowed to have one acct? :rotfl:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Umm you and Bot broke site rules. Something about how a member is only allowed to have one acct? :rotfl:
Once they banned BO TIE SS, I took over the other account. So, technically I never had more than one. :undecided:

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Rules? I didn't know they had rules....oh well.

One of TrailVoy's more interesting rules ...

Disclaimer
* No Implied Endorsement: TrailVoy.com does not endorse or recommend anything. The views/opinions/instructions of members that have submitted articles or posted messages to this site are owned by them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of TrailVoy.com.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Wyle said:

Disclaimer
* No Implied Endorsement: TrailVoy.com does not endorse or recommend anything. The views/opinions/instructions of members that have submitted articles or posted messages to this site are owned by them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of TrailVoy.com.
Never thought about that one...good point!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Wyle said:

Disclaimer

This is the rule I cited when I threatened them with a DMCA takedown notice for restoring threads I asked to be removed.

This of course was before I realized I was on ignore... which essentially gives me what I want anyway.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Once they banned BO TIE SS, I took over the other account. So, technically I never had more than one. :undecided:

Well played sir, well played. That deserves a beer. :thumbsup:

smitty5150 said:
Rules? I didn't know they had rules....oh well.

:cool: True, like I knew what the hell the rules were over there. :rotfl:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
07 TB RIDER said:
:cool: True, like I knew what the hell the rules were over there. :rotfl:

You don't even know the rules over here. :dielaugh:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Stew locked the thread and left my last post hidden.

I guess he just can't handle the truth.
View attachment 17146

07 TB RIDER said:
Well played sir, well played. That deserves a beer. :thumbsup:
Well, get your butt to a meet so you can buy me one! :raspberry:

Attachments

• 94293329.jpg
    94293329.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 11

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
I'm seing more and more familiar names and members. This site is really feeling like a community. :biggrin:

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
"admin" said:
This thread has served its purpose.
Ihave offered an explanation as to the events that took place. I didn't have to say anything. However, I chose to speak up and say that things had not been handled appropriately.

Changes have already been made and regardless of the outcome we are looking to move forward. Trialvoy will be here to stay for a long time as a resource for members looking to get help with their vehicles.

If you have anymore comments or concerns that you feel I should hear please Pm this user account.

Stew

trailvoy_234x60_v1.gif

...and there goes the last bit of traffic that TV was actually getting. :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
How much you want to bet that after a few days (or maybe a couple weeks) that the PMs start going unanswered yet again as before? :no:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sparky said:
How much you want to bet that after a few days (or maybe a couple weeks) that the PMs start going unanswered yet again as before? :no:
Except for clueless noobs who didn't know the history, who would be PM-ing him? :rotfl:

Overnight post count 14 over there. One the Admin's thread. One noob bumping his own question to try to get an answer. A couple of old members who didn't get the word (or who chose poorly) answered questions. One vendor post. Nothing of consequence going on.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Basically what it comes down to is that it's just a job for Stew. No more no less. All he wants is to get his boss off his back and the profitability back up. He goes home and doesn't give it a second thought. To quote Kevin O'Leary, it's all about the money. They probably have a playbook for these kinds of events and just keeps doing his job, repeating the same thing on any of their hundreds of other sites they own. They use the forum staff as free labour to keep the money rolling in for VS with little to no reward. Only when there is a meltdown he bothers to show up to protect VS' bottom line or to post about a new advertiser to products we can't even use. He doesn't care, it's just a job to him. And because of that mentality, more forums get destroyed by VS than get better.

Only when their bottom line is threatened do they "care".

View attachment 17147

Attachments

• Money.jpg
    Money.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 80

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mooseman said:
... keep the money rolling in for VS ...
For me, it's a bit more offensive because the money's flowing to Canada, not keeping any more US citizens employed or hosting companies in business. But that's not always a popular view in these globalized times.

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
I love Canada as much as the next guy....truly America has no truer friend:thumbsup:...and we have many Canadian members....but until they become the 51st state.....AMERICA FIRST!

No disrespect intended....I am an ardent nationalist and believe in supporting my fellow Americans first.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If I hear on the national news that an American was drowned in maple syrup, or trampled by a moose, I'll know where that started :rotfl:

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
I hope I haven't set in motion events that will lead to a real life "Canadian Bacon" incident?:smile:

An excellent flick....starring that great Canadian humorist (why is it Canadians seem to be so much funnier than us?)....John Candy! God rest his soul.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
JCJARHEAD said:
I hope I haven't set in motion events that will lead to a real life "Canadian Bacon" incident?:smile:

An excellent flick....starring that great Canadian humorist (why is it Canadians seem to be so much funnier than us?)....John Candy! God rest his soul.

I think this member is a secrete citizen of Canada. :undecided:

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
Maine has a very Franco-Canadien feel to many parts of it. Not so much here in Portland...but I am aware.

Canadian Bacon from IMdb: "The U.S. President, low in the opinion polls, gets talked into raising his popularity by trying to start a cold war against Canada."

From the movie:

[Highway patrolman tells Boomer why his graffiti must be in both English and French]
Highway Patrolman: Le Quebecois.
Boomer: Huh?
Highway Patrolman: You know. Wine drinkers. Pea soup eaters. French Canadians!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Politics and religion in their own "At Your Own Risk" section?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Does it really matter anymore? Really? We have Tim Hortons and VS (although not proud of the latter), you have Walmart, Target and Costco. Both operate in both countries. Who owns what these days? Canada's oldest store chain (The Bay) is owned by an Amercian company. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a difference since all our money is going to China.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Mooseman said:
Does it really matter anymore? Really? We have Tim Hortons and VS (although not proud of the latter), you have Walmart, Target and Costco. Both operate in both countries. Who owns what these days? Canada's oldest store chain (The Bay) is owned by an Amercian company. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make a difference since all our money is going to China.

Man I could really go for some Hot Chocolate right about now

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Politics and religion in their own "At Your Own Risk" section?

I like that idea, we are all grown adults after all. It is possible to be able to discuss those things without it turning into a huge pissing match!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I like that idea, we are all grown adults after all. It is possible to be able to discuss those things without it turning into a huge pissing match!

:no: No chance in hell.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Everyone knows It is just a matter of time before someone goes too far and all hell breaks loose. I will reserve my opinions of country and pride for my own demented world.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ghoster said:
:no: No chance in hell.

:iagree:.. for the same exact reasons you can't talk about those things in the work place... yes we are adults.. but some, well most of the new people don't know us like we know each other an our sense of humor or dry sarcastic comments.. that could offend a newbie and take the discussions the wrong way

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
:iagree:.. for the same exact reasons you can't talk about those things in the work place... yes we are adults.. but some, well most of the new people don't know us like we know each other an our sense of humor or dry sarcastic comments.. that could offend a newbie and take the discussions the wrong way

This.

Even if everyone here is the best of friends, we still need to keep a professional appearance (well, sorta) for potential new members.

Leave the politics on Facebook.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I'm on a sports board that has a politics and religion thread. Neither sides listen to each other and they get mad and it spills over into the other site content. I can see why most boards don't allow it.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Hey, we gave you one of Canada's greatest assets, didn't we? We gave you Tom Green - Canada's greatest export.

(Man, were WE glad to get rid of THAT loser!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online