Tool Talk

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
NP... and I agree with you completely... But THIS One only cost me $23.08 with FREE S&H...

Just Sayin'...

LILSESCRAPERORDER.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I just can't justify paying $47 for a scraper I'll use, at most, once per year.
Understandable. I had it in my watch list for over a year before I pulled the trigger. Worth it for someone like me that does gaskets pretty often.

And @MRRSM i used the scraper primarily in a drag fashion on the aluminum I was touching, very aggressive pushing, decent pulling.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay... For anyone having any doubts about the efficacy of choosing Milwaukee M-18 Battery Pack Powered Tools in comparison to having to use OTHER Electric Powered Tools that keep you constantly tethered to and dragging around 50' of Extensions Cords using the 110 VAC House Current... Let's put that Controversy to Rest.. .Once and For ALL:

The Milwaukee Tools listed below that I've decided to invest heavily in recently came AFTER my having a great experience with the Milwaukee Mini-Shop Vacuum,

THESE TOOLS ALL WORK WITH VERY LONG LASTING BATTERY POWER AND AWESOME TORQUE...!!!

This is THE First Milwaukee "Quick-LOK" Designed Power Tool that included the Power Head. Its performance is what started me towards wanting to get all of the other QUICK-LOK ATTACHMENTS:

The Weed Whacker:
MILWAUKEEWEEDWHACKER2.jpgMILWAUKEEWEEDWHACKER1.jpgMILWAUKEEWEEDWHACKER3.jpg
I thought it would take Two Fully Charged Big M-18 Batteries to trim completely around my Yard. But NO! THIS Unit had NO Trouble chewing through some very Tall Weeds and Over-Grown Grass on One Charge. The "Tap Out" Line Feeder had NO Jams when Re-Stringing and Cutting itself to length after just a few Ground Taps.

The CRITICAL Portion of this Unit is that ALL of the OTHER Devices usually require having their own Electric Motors. But in THIS System... they all simply Plug In and easily Attach and Detach themselves to and from The Power Head-Drive Shaft Unit with the mere Push of a Button:

The Milwaukee Pole Chain Saw:
MILWAUKEEPOLECHAINSAW1.jpg
My Next Door Neighbor has always been "... a Sweetie of sorts...". But recently, she had her Hackles all in an Uproar over the fact that my Giant Oak Tree Lower Limbs have been reaching out half way across her lawn and shading too much of her property.

So I thought about trying out THIS Quick-LOK Attachment. Just after I got it, I practiced with all of the "Sturdy Stuff"growing wild in my Back Yard ...like mowing down a few Out-Of-Control Palmetto and Sable Palm Trees and of course, those Damned Toxic Florida Holly Trees. THIS THING LETS YOU RIP and CUT THROUGH THEM ALL ...AND AT A DECENT DISTANCE...JUST LIKE BUTTER!!!

These damned things have grown like crazy recently and more or less taken over portions of my Back Yard. So I really could NOT believe how GOOD this thing worked at mowing them all down!!!

THIS Attachment has a Good Sized Automatic Chain Oil Hopper and an EZ2USE 'Cool Combo Tool' for Chain-Tightening and other adjustments that made this thing complete. NOT having to bend down under Heavy Brush that gets right in your face all along a congested Fence Line was a TRUE Advantage offered by this Pole Chain Saw:

The Milwaukee Hacks-All Tool:
MILWAUKEESAWZALLTOOLS.jpg
It followed on that I would then need to reduce the larger Tree Limb Sections down to size with a Decent Saw-All... so I Pulled the Trigger on getting THIS Milwaukee M-18 Hacks-All Tool. This also meant getting a Hand Held Milwaukee Sawzall Blade Tool and a Full Sawz-All Blade Kit.

I knew those other small items will also become useful on my Silverado HVAC Duct R&R "Replacement of ALL Blend Door Actuators" Project. Having the M-18 Battery Powered Hacks-All working with those Extra Heavy Duty Blades will help me get along with the "Branch Management" work as well:

MILWAUKEEHANDSAWZALL1.jpgMILWAUKEEHANDSAWZALL2.jpgMILWAUKEEHANDSAWZALL3.jpgMILWAUKEEHANDSAWZALL4.jpgMILWAUKEEHANDSAWZALL6.jpg

Last... But NOT Least (...for a while is:

The Milwaukee Quick-Lok Grass Edger Attachment:

MILWAUKEEDGER.jpg
I'm determined and hoping to give this thing a whirl later on this afternoon... if only the Stupid Idiots who think "the World is Their Oyster "...Walking their Dogs and their Kids around the Neighborhood without using ANY Masks during Florida's Hellacious Surge of New Infections and an ever climbing Death Rate down here... will find other places to spend their time... JUST long enough for me to try this Unit out. These are the things... that "Keep Me ON EDGE..."

Attachments

• MILWAUKEEPOLECHAINSAW1.jpg
    MILWAUKEEPOLECHAINSAW1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Redbeard

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I have a “Fistful of Blend Door Actuators” that’ll soon need to be replaced all at once and I’ll be doing a Short Write Up on this Job for the related Chevrolet Silverados and other Full Size, Early Model Trucks.

But, do you think I could find a Nice and Complete ¼” Drive Tool Set among ALL of the other ones in my Garage to do most of this work? HELL NO! They have long since all been scattered to the Four Winds to God Knows Where and it would take me lifetime to search around and get them all back!

Okay… So after checking around, I figured that THIS 62 Piece Chrome Vanadium, ¼” Drive Tool Kit would be just the thing. It includes the Mini-Grip ¼” Ratchet, a Short and Long set of Extensions, a Universal Adapter AND the FULL Set of SAE and METRIC Standard and Deep Sockets, all fitted inside of a Very Nice Plastic Blow Molded Case. Hell… They even threw in a ¼” “Old Style Snap-On” look-a-like Bit Drive Handle and Screw Driver Bit Mini-Kit!

So ...What was Not to LIKE Here for ONLY $38.00 with FREE S&H on Amazon with 4.5 *s in its Ratings ? Absolutely NOTHING!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JF8H4RB/?tag=gmtnation-20

The Funny Thing about this though was that after looking over @Mounce's Professional Layout of Tools, in the end...I Did NOT Buy that Tool Set.

20200105_185525_HDR(1).jpg

I soon wound up Buying the more expensive, Higher Quality version of this SAME Kit Made by TEKTON, strictly because I wanted a Better Ratchet in in my hands AND the Kit AND the Socket Sizing are all displayed in LARGE Laser Engraved Numbers, making the ID of these things "in Hand" much easier to get right and not go Blind trying to read their outer barrels for the data:

TEKTONQUARTERINCHDRIVESET1.jpgTEKTONQUARTERINCHDRIVESET2.jpgTEKTONQUARTERINCHDRIVESET4.jpgTEKTONQUARTERINCHDRIVESET3.jpgTEKTONQUARTERINCHDRIVESET5.jpg

At Post #578 ...@Mounce updated us all about his Amazing HF Orange Rolling Tool Chest that emerged Fully Decked Out as a Tool Organizing and Transporting MONSTER… and saved me and others a HELLUVA-LOTTA- MOOLAH!

It follows from that event that in his additional image, he showed us how well he has set up the Top Tray and Lower Cabinet Drawers. Meanwhile... I spied the below described BONDHUS SAE and METRIC “T” Handle Hex Tool Kits over on Amazon and kept them in the back of my mind.

It wasn't much later after this that I encountered a need for them while trying to remove a TIME-SERT Factory Installed Adjustable Steel Collar Hex Screws that might as well have been WELDED onto a Very Pricey Drill Bit and ChamferTool Combo made for the M10 X 1.50 TIME-SERT Mains Bolt Hole Upgrade Project.

Trying to use the Regular Right Angle HEX Tool sized even slightly incorrectly threatened to ruin my chances of getting those Damned Thing loose. So I wound up researching the BONDHUS “T” Handle Hex Wrench Sets and decided to ‘Pull The Trigger” to get both sets:

BONDHUSTAND1.jpgBONDHUSTAND2.jpg
BONDHUSHEXTOOLSET1.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET2.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET3.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET4.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET5.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET6.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET7.jpgBONDHUSHEXTOOLSET8.jpg

The positive control and feedback you get from using these "T" Handle Tools is something SWEET that you’ll REALLY appreciate when using them in situations like the R&R of Wheel Hub(s) with Rusted In ABS Sensor Fastener ...or when trying to hold the the Ball Joints in place to tighten them down while performing Ball Joint R&Rs...and so forth. These Tool Kits Ain't THAT Expensive!…and they'll both “LAST a Life Time” AND “BE The LAST Time” that you’ll ever need to buy these again. :>)

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
At Post #578 ...@Mounce updated us all about his Amazing HF Orange Rolling Tool Chest that emerged Fully Decked Out as a Tool Organizing and Transporting MONSTER… and saved me and others a HELLUVA-LOTTA- MOOLAH!

I haven't taken a recent picture but she's bursting at the seams at this point. Top, drawers, and bottom shelf all filled and overflowing, most of the drawers are a mess of tools, on top I have added another 3 rail organizer to fill the space off. I desperately need to buy a big boy box from none other than HF/US General but with some crappy things going on at work I've put it off. Will definitely invest once I find another job or the crappy things stop being so crappy. Planning on a 44 or 56". I like the drawer sizes and layout better on the 56" but I'm not sure if I need a box that big. Just depends if I stick with the trade.

I've bought tools here and there, only rarely lately due to the aforementioned crappy things. Will get back into the monthly tool purchases once things start going right in my world. Also about to have my truck paid off so that will allow a nicer tool budget. Or mod budget.

I'm pretty anal about my stuff, I believe in a well organized box and won't have my pro set any other way. My old tool sets and such? Meh. I've got a cardboard box full of old cheap tools I've replaced with nice stuff. Usually just bring home what I need because my new stuff is way better. However I recently brought my cart and contents back home from work to make a point, so I'm a happy camper in the home shop now having all my babies home and organized.

Off subject but I've bought an American flag decal to completely cover the backside of the lid, just gotta find time and desire to slap it on.

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
I'm not sure if I need a box that big. Just depends if I stick with the trade.
free advice, (lol) the tool box is kinda like a garage, get the biggest one you feel comfortable with financially, it will fill itself out later, and you'll be looking for more room, you will never have one big enough.

edit
I've finally had enough of crow bars, tire tools, and flat blade screwdrivers. So, i got a set of 5 Lang Tools striking cap pry bars, made in USA:love0001:, under 75 buckskins, free shipping!

Attachments

• 0822200144.jpg
    0822200144.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm not sure if I need a box that big.
get the biggest one you feel comfortable with financially, it will fill itself out later, and you'll be looking for more room, you will never have one big enough.

:iagree: Knowing my habits collecting stuff, I wanted to buy a larger one like 72", but due to space constraints and the way my garage is laid out, I went with a 46" since it fit perfectly in the space between my AC air handler and the garage door entrance to the house. It's still working well for me, but yeah it's full already. Some of the larger tools, and stuff that is stored in cases will probably end up coming out and going on the shelving units at some point, once more smaller tools get bought.

My shelves are full too, plenty of stuff I know I don't need. So when the weather cools off, I'll spend some time purging crap. My sister left a lot of stuff here from when she was staying with me, so she'll get an ultimatum. Come get this stuff, or whatever I can't use will get tossed. At that point, my only concern will be seeing all that freed up space, and feeling the urge to buy more stuff to fill it! :laugh:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After studying what "Close Quarters" there are;.even when working inside the Cab of a Full Size Truck while contemplating trying to access and R&R all of the HVAC Blend Door Actuators, I started looking on Amazon for the Milwaukee M-12 1/4" Drive Ratchets that all averaged out to around $190.00. But as much as I NEED all the Help I can get to efficiently do this work... Jesus Palomino... I'm NOT Made of Money!

THAT was just a ridiculous amount to Pay for such a Tool. But DAMMIT, that slender ended thing is EXACTLY the Right Power Tool to be able to access all of those HTR (Hard To Reach) Spots that are hiding those *Effing* 5/32" and 7/32" Fasteners in the Dashboard Under-Fascia and holding in the HVAC BDA components.

I just kept thinking about how uncomfortable I'll soon be while laying prone and/or twisted sideways like a damaged pretzel; laying akimbo on the floor board while trying to reach up under the Dash in the Dark.

We all know what this is like... having to play "Twister" in Oven Temps with Sweat dripping down into our eyes, craning our necks and trying to use TWO hands to hold onto 'Itty-Bitty' Fasteners tucked loosely inside of the sockets in a 1/4" Drive Drive Ratchet.

So I kept on searching today...and my Diligence finally PAID OFF. THIS Milwaukee Model # 2456-20 M12 1/4 Ratchet (Tool Only) became available for $52.00 LESS and so ...it was time to ease my mind... and just get the Damned Thing:

MILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET.jpgMILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET1.jpgMILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET2.jpgMILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET3.jpgMILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET4.jpgMILWAUKEEQTRINCHM12RATCHET5.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I desperately need to buy a big boy box from none other than HF/US General but with some crappy things going on at work I've put it off. Will definitely invest once I find another job or the crappy things stop being so crappy. Planning on a 44 or 56". I like the drawer sizes and layout better on the 56" but I'm not sure if I need a box that big. Just depends if I stick with the trade.

You and I could be brothers. I've outgrown my 26" stack, having bought a cheap 2-drawer mid box to get me through the Sierra project. Now it's full (as I knew it would be).

I've thought about getting another 26" roller, joining / bolting it to the existing one, and then getting a wide top box (I'm really wanting at least one wide drawer, so I can keep all of my impact & 1/2" drive stuff in a single drawer). That would give me up to a 52", but I could be happy with 42" or larger. A 36" wouldn't be wide enough. And I want an 18" depth, not a 22" (the extra depth is nice, but that means I have to open the drawer 44" to get to the back of a drawer. Yeah, I know - it's only 4 inches difference)

Another thing I like with some of the newer top boxes is that they have electric & USB strips inside. I have a battery charger in my top chest now, and would add more things if I had room.

Alternative would be something like this HF 'Yukon' box, for $339 (minus whatever 20% coupon I could find). However, I'd still be eventually buying a top box to go with it. It's a 46" x 18"
1598914018556.png

Bad news - Sears Outlet bit the dust, so no more cheap(er than retail) Craftsman boxes.
I'm not shelling out for a SnapOn, Mac, Matco, etc. If I can find something wide enough with ball bearing drawers, I'll be a happy camper; I don't make my living with tools.

I've been searching my local CL daily for something decent; had to pass on a couple b/c I had no way to fit them in the Envoy (unless I rented a trailer), and no way to fit them in the garage, either, until the Sierra was ready to see the world again.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It has been said that, “If you are NEARLY Correct… Then You Are Precisely WRONG…” Those of us who either eschew using unreliable Electronic Measuring Tools, or ...for Practical Reasons, get tired of having the Batteries Go Dead from only occasional but necessary use of the Electronic, Digital Calipers… perhaps getting Analog Dial Calipers of Decent Quality and Pedigree will help fill a vacancy presently there among your Precision Measuring Tool Sets.

My Latest Tool Purchase involved getting a Fowler Premium 6” Stainless Steel Dial Caliper for around $60.00 ...and, since Adam Savage from “Myth-Busters” explains my position better than I can about why owning one of these items is a good idea, please watch the video as he describes:

“Why I Prefer to use Analog Dial Calipers vs. Electronic Digital Calipers”.

This Instructor does an EXCELLENT Job of explaining “How to Properly READ Analog Dial Calipers” in what must be a segment from a "Machinist 101" Class:

FOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS1.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS2.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS3.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS4.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS5.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS6.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS7.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS8.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS9.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS10.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS11.jpgFOWLERSAEDIALCALIPERS12.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
You and I could be brothers.
Took me a whole 9 days from my last post to make the purchase. Way sooner than I had planned. But after counting my eggs before they hatch I decided I could swing it and figured it'd take a month to get it like everyone says.

Applied and received the HF credit card solely for the purpose of the 10% off anything on your first purchase. Found a $100 off coupon for the 56" and went to pre-order it today after work. Those suckers had one IN STOCK in my preference of color orange! :jawdrop2:

Needless to say, I was not prepared to bring it home tonight. No room in garage and I wasn't feeling somehow loading and unloading a 475 pound box into the bed of my truck. So I've gotta go pick it up tomorrow after I get a spot cleared in the garage. Told myself I'd back out of buying it if they had it in stock. Still two weeks before I'll take it to work plus no room but I couldn't turn it down. Borrowing my brother's small tilt deck trailer for transport. Should be fun.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Congrats! That looks like a nice box. I'm seeing you growing into something like this... :laugh::salivate::yaay:

1598927866276.png

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'm only an inch taller (1/2", to be truthful). Maybe we are brothers? 🤔
I'd rather access the stuff at eye level, w/o stooping low to get it
Plus, the closer it is to my eyes, the easier it is to see it :thumbsup:

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Bad news - Sears Outlet bit the dust, so no more cheap(er than retail) Craftsman boxes.
I'm not shelling out for a SnapOn, Mac, Matco, etc. If I can find something wide enough with ball bearing drawers, I'll be a happy camper; I don't make my living with tools.
Yes and no.. They are now handled at the local store. Its how I got my craftsman box, NEW IN THE BOX. Original price was 799, i got it for 299. My XUV was up for the task of getting it home.

And Sears Outlet was just sold to American Freight.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yep - I knew about the American Freight thing. But (according to their search engine), the one by me, as well as the others within a couple hundred miles -- have no boxes. Which is strange, b/c the last time I was actually in the 'old' store was about a month earlier -- and they had plenty of tool storage. (so where did all *that* stock go?)

Anyway, I didn't want to make my traditionally longish post any longer, so I didn't mention it, thinking that they really weren't putting any emphasis on Craftsman stuff. Re-reading your post just now, it appears that you're saying "gotta check in person". Next time I'm in that area, I'll stop by.

In any event, no worries... the used marketplace should eventually present something to my liking. Plenty of older Boomers are dying off / getting too old, and selling off their boxes. My problem is that I'm very discerning (ok, picky!) as to what I want, and why I want it. And I want it cheap! .:wink:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If you have one of those Sears Grands in the area, they are the place to shop for the boxes. All the stores that were closed sent their inventory to the stores that were remaining open, which means overstock. One of the only ones staying open in my area is a sears grand, and I think that all of the grand locations were staying open.

Of course they sent some of their stock to Lowes too.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sweeeeeeet!

• Haha
Reactions: Eric04 and Redbeard

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Has anyone used the Milwaukee 12V impact ratchet? Looking at @MRRSM pile of red goodness, I didn't see this one so hopefully he can chime in on it....:cool:

The non-impact looks nice and surely has it's place in the toolbox,.might grab one of those also. I wish DeWalt had a few of these right-angle drivers like Milwaukee. I already have 3 20V yellow packs but a close quarter driver like the M12 is what I'm after.

Curious to how well this one performs:

M12 Right angle impact

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
EDIT:

Damn... Missed that Right Angle 3/8" Drive.... Just received the 1/4" Right Angle Milwaukee M-12 Tool...but THAT is only for Very Small Fasteners with MAX Torque only up to 30 Foot Pounds. I do have a Milwaukee Pneumatic 3/8" Right Angle Ratchet... but it does not have NEAR the same 220 Foot Pounds of Torque that the M-12 FUEL version can generate in close quarters.

Yes... I covered this subject (and my purchase and use of the Milwaukee Brush-less 1,400 Ft Lb Impact Tool Kit when I was up in Madison, Florida back in 2019 ...struggling to get the "Jesus Bolt" off the Front of a 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5L Engine during a Complete Timing Chain Over-Haul. See Post #286 and Post # 287 in "Tool Talk". The Videos there will more than convince you that these M-18 Battery Powered Impact Guns are just Unbelievable. @Mounce has also invested in this Kit and perhaps can add more information, too:

Last edited:
Reactions: gmcman

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Has anyone used the Milwaukee 12V impact ratchet? Looking at @MRRSM pile of red goodness, I didn't see this one so hopefully he can chime in on it....:cool:

The non-impact looks nice and surely has it's place in the toolbox,.might grab one of those also. I wish DeWalt had a few of these right-angle drivers like Milwaukee. I already have 3 20V yellow packs but a close quarter driver like the M12 is what I'm after.

Curious to how well this one performs:

M12 Right angle impact
I have been drooling over it but have yet to talk myself into it with already having the stubby impact and 3/8 ratchet. It's on my wishlist though lol.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
It wouldn't be as hard for me if I didn't have a few DeWalt 20V tools that work incredibly well, they just don't have a right-angle driver or Edit to clarify: Right-angle impact driver. Thanks @MRRSM for the review, I do remember seeing it now. :thumbsup:

I hate having multiple batteries and chargers so it comes down to frequency of use. The 1/4" air ratchet works great but still not good in hard to reach areas.

I also use my Bosch 12V drill and driver extensively, but that system is lacking a close'quarter right-angle driver which could easily be a big hit with their battery design.

Just another reason to buy more tools I guess...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric04 and mrrsm

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I just bought this awesome key machine. It copies keys, can cut by key code, and I can even cut a key from a picture. It cuts all kinds of keys including the high security keys.

It is more of an investment. I’ve been been doing key work on the side.

Do you have a large selection of the various blanks, or is that a major investment?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
THAT is a Damned Cool Machine... FWIW... If you are looking to have a variety of Blanks on hand, eBay has many pages worth of Automotive Key Blanks available, too:

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I've bought several from all sort of places. eBay is one of them. I found a place on there that sells just the shells and you can buy your own transponder chips and put them in the key. Makes the keys come out to about $4 a piece for me.

The ones with built in fobs are where it gets expensive.

Reactions: mrrsm and Redbeard

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
So… What are the Torque Differences between the Milwaukee M12 3/8” Impact Gun and the Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8” Impact Gun?

Milwaukee M12 3/8” Impact Gun (100 Foot Pounds) (Just Got it…)

MILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN1.jpgMILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN2.jpgMILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN3.jpgMILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN4A.jpgMILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN4B.jpgMILWAUKEEM1238IMPACTGUN5.jpg

Milwaukee M12 3/8” Nut Driver 108.3 Foot Pounds (1.300 Inch Pounds) (Had it for a while…)

MILWAUKEEM12FURLNUTDRIVERSPECS.jpg

Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8” Impact Gun (250 Foot Pounds) (Just Ordered it @ $20.00 Less than List + S&H) Keep Your Eyes Peeled on Amazon for Occasional Good Deals on THIS Tool!

MILWAUKEESTUBBY38THSIMPACT.jpgMILWAUKEESTUBBY38THSIMAPCT1.jpg

Here are some Actual Extensive Test Uses of the Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8” Impact Gun in a Real World Automotive Repair Setting

(Check Out this How this Dude uses the Milwaukee Milwaukee Bar Light M-12 Bar Light over his Work Area... Just LOOK at How BRIGHT it Lights Up EVERYTHING!!! Thanks to @Mounce for introducing this Thing to us all.)

Here are some Wheel Lug Removal and Bench Vise Tests of the Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8” Impact Gun:

Last edited:
Reactions: gmcman

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8” Impact Gun (250 Foot Pounds) (Just Ordered it @ $20.00 Less than List + S&H) Keep Your Eyes Peeled on Amazon for Occasional Good Deals on THIS Tool!
Honestly my favorite power tool. Skookum choocher. I buy my Milwaukee stuff from jersey discount tool. Basically wholesale prices, hard to find cheaper prices than them on the red Boys. Super fast shipping, family owned and ran. Can get you anything you need, thousands of tools in stock of all kinds.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Understandable. I had it in my watch list for over a year before I pulled the trigger. Worth it for someone like me that does gaskets pretty often.

And @MRRSM i used the scraper primarily in a drag fashion on the aluminum I was touching, very aggressive pushing, decent pulling.

Quoting an older post, but funny to see that we use the carbide scraper the same way! Much finer control, pulling vs. pushing. Very little force required, too - it just glided across my iron block surfaces.

I got mine from Goodson, for about the same $. Different brand, but same width, etc.
Absolutely love the thing (I mentioned it in my build thread). Pic below
1599707399727.png

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Quoting an older post, but funny to see that we use the carbide scraper the same way! Much finer control, pulling vs. pushing. Very little force required, too - it just glided across my iron block surfaces.

I got mine from Goodson, for about the same $. Different brand, but same width, etc.
Absolutely love the thing (I mentioned it in my build thread). Pic below
View attachment 96833
Seriously blown away with mine. I HATED cleaning gasket surfaces. Such a tedious task, always gotta be a contortionist to reach certain spots and have to use your second wrist to get the right angle. The slim size and couple inches of extra reach coupled with the ease of work that sharp carbide provides makes all the difference. Forget razor blades. Have used mine on another job now and I'm still in love.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Following up for @Blckshdw regarding Post #597and anyone else in need of a Perfect Universal Towing Bracket for their Yard Tractors or Riding Lawn Mowers:

Since you also own the Ryobi Electric Riding Lawn Mower, you might want to look into getting THIS Towing Bracket. I needed this EXACT Type to cover ALL of the bases of being able to hold a Ball Hitch AND my Gorilla Trailer-Cart without interfering with each other.

It can also be used to to Drag away Heavy Downed Tree Limbs using just Nylon Straps and Ropes, absent the need to use any cumbersome Metal Cleats for such attachments. Every Towing possibility gets handled with this thing and it WILL fit and Bolt Right Up onto the Ryobi Aft Ball Hitch Towing Tang!. About $30.00 on eBay:

More images like THIS one can be seen at my "Flickr-Bucket":

NOTE: The Adjustable Gorilla Trailer-Cart Handle shown hooked up to this New Towing Bracket is NOT Part of this eBay Sale:

TRACTORMOWERTOWINGBRACKET7.jpgTRACTORMOWERTOWINGBRACKET10.jpgTRACTORMOWERTOWINGBRACKET12.jpg

Available via State Side Here on eBay:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338077216&icep_item=333302572148

ENIXTOWINGBRACKET.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Since you also own the Ryobi Electric Riding Lawn Mower
Huh? Wut?
I had to look this up (if for nothing else, than I thought I'd read that Ryobi sold off their battery / power tool technology, and exited the US market (Home Depot still sells the brand, and it still looks the same as before, same name. But a different company owns it, IIRC)

Damn if it's not an actual riding mower (!) But that's gonna be an expensive pack to replace, when it eventually goes south!

Reactions: Mounce

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yep, 4 x 12 V 75/100 Ah batteries.

Sh!t... those are effectively car batteries :yikes: It's like a golf cart setup, except those use 6V.

Did you go over this tool in this thread (while I was gone)? No need to repost or even link to it -- easy enough for me to click on a few page #s. Interested on reading your experience w/ it.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sure... Just read a little further back on Page #15 in "Tool Talk" at Post #596 for @Blckshdw 's inquiry and my reply back to him in Post #597. They should both be able to catch you up on this subject matter.

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
After @Blckshdw sorted out his Hot Water Heater situation... This morning... I stumbled over THIS Tool that might prove handy for the R&R of Hot Water Heating Elements:

Who knew they had their Own "Industry Standard 1-1/2" X 1/2" Drive Socket" as a Tool for THIS Job?

HOTWATERHEATERTOOL.jpg

...and I meant to catch up on these other Tools:

...as per the recommendations from @Mounce... THIS Damned Thing Really is One Badass "Skookum Choocher" :

MILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT1.jpgMILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT2.jpgMILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT3.jpgMILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT4.jpgMILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT6.jpgMILWAUKEEFUEL38IMPACT5.jpg

...and as Tool Sets go... THIS Gearwrench Satin Chrome Vanadium "Hook-N-Pick" Set with a Lifetime Warranty WILL Scare the HELL out of you! There are some Tools that you should NEVER Keep Close at Hand or Turn your Back On in the Garage... (especially if you are engaged in an Untimely Argument anyone easily inclined towards becoming UNHINGED...) Have a Look See... You'll get the Idea if you Think... "That's AWL She Wrote..." ;>)

GEARWRENCHOOKNPICKSET1.jpgGEARWRENCHOOKNPICKSET2.jpgGEARWRENCHOOKNPICKSET3.jpgGEARWRENCHOOKNPICKSETOC.jpgGEARWRENCHOOKNPICKSETOCB.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Jesus Palomino...! LOOK at the Size of THIS Damned Thing... Isn't there supposed to be something on Trailers that needs a 1-1/2" X 1/2" for some reason?

Small Safety Tip:

Do NOT run your fingers along the INNER EDGES of the Socket Flats as they are ALL RAZOR SHARP!

CAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET1.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET2.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET3.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET4.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET5.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET6.jpgCAMCOUSAHEATERELEMENTSOCKET7.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove