Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Get one of those sweet 80's mesh tailgates

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It was made for my truck, supposedly. Perfect fit bezel and everything else.

I'll solder the wires if I have to but I'd rather not do that and void the warranty on the camera if I can avoid it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did you contact them yet about it?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah I left them a message last night when I found out it was too short. Haven't heard back yet.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They are actually located in Ohio.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mod season came and went quick and I have been slacking. My fog light retro is still sitting torn apart on my work bench. I did not take into account the angle of the bumper, so the cut off was shining down on the road about 30' in front of my TB. Got to figure out how much I need to shim up the base of the projector so that the light shines straight out and not towards the ground.

Since I no longer have a garage to park in, I am becoming very interested in a remote starter which is likely going to be the next mod.

Other than that, just been prepping the TB for winter with some PM items. Probably get some new winter tires here in the next couple weeks. Still need to do an oil/filter change and tire rotation on the F150.

At least this winter I will have a functional rear window defroster :celebrate:

Reactions: Blckshdw

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Yeah bro I think that is easy to do on the fog lights. I got lucky because when I aimed them all the way up they are pretty much perfect. At first I thought they were going to be for looks :rotfl:

I am actually now thinking about getting some matching bulbs for the fog lights because a lot of people have asked why I have green fog lights?? they are yellow i look right at them even from a distance and at an angle YELLOW. I am thinking it might be sick bright with matching lights now though. I love the high/low function in them too, i'm like the only person on the planet that has high beams in the fogs haha

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
No funds to mod with. Heck I really shouldn't have gotten this head unit and reverse cam (which by the way they STILL haven't gotten back in touch with me, what a load of crap). Oh well, it is done and I don't really regret it either.

I do keep looking at various options for retrofits, lifts, tires, random stuff.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So how is everyone holding up? Mod season is coming to a close with winter moving in rather quickly. Got any last minute plans??

Actually, I think I do more modding in the winter than summer, just cuz it can be miserable to be outside dripping sweat thanks to the FL humidity. And of course being annoyed at dropping screws, misplacing tools, or other minor inconveniences always makes it worse :hopeless:

My fog light retro is still sitting torn apart on my work bench.

Looks like my retro work ethic has rubbed off on you!! Better be careful or a whole year will pass by! :roftl:

No funds to mod with.

I wish I could say this was my whole issue. It's most of it, but laziness is the bigger factor. I think I have the components to finish 2 or 3 mods off my list, but can't get motivated. :frown:

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yeah bro I think that is easy to do on the fog lights. I got lucky because when I aimed them all the way up they are pretty much perfect. At first I thought they were going to be for looks :rotfl:

I am actually now thinking about getting some matching bulbs for the fog lights because a lot of people have asked why I have green fog lights?? they are yellow i look right at them even from a distance and at an angle YELLOW. I am thinking it might be sick bright with matching lights now though. I love the high/low function in them too, i'm like the only person on the planet that has high beams in the fogs haha

I think since you are lowered and leveled out, that might have made a difference. I still have the adjuster screw installed with the housings angled up as far as they would go. For as small as the projector is, they definitely put out some light and the hi/low feature is pretty cool for the fog lights.

I noticed in your pics your 3000k HIDs appeared to have a green hue, but people that see them in person as if they are green? Are you running Morimoto 3000K H1s? You will be happy with matching 4300K H1s.

Looks like my retro work ethic has rubbed off on you!! Better be careful or a whole year will pass by! :roftl:

Yeah man, considering I started this project back in January of this year. With our production rates being at an all time high this year and the plant running 24/7, I have been living at work. With my weekends off, I have to catch up on everything else I have been putting to the side since.

Good news though, I found a spacer to use and the fogs are back together minus the lens and sealing them. Need to install them first to see if the angle is better or if I need a bigger spacer.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well I got a hold of the reverse cam guys after filing a paypal dispute. Got a response within 10 minutes actually. Apparently, they were having some backend stuff done and their support email address was going into nothingness. My persistence and going into paypal brought to their attention just how broken it was. The guy was really apologetic about it all.

Then I felt like an idiot because he pointed out how the wire should be run and derp I was so stupid. There is no issue with the camera. Got it all mounted up no issue now, I just need to hook up power in the rear and the RCA to the head unit and I'll be in business.

Reactions: Mounce

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Well I got a hold of the reverse cam guys after filing a paypal dispute. Got a response within 10 minutes actually. Apparently, they were having some backend stuff done and their support email address was going into nothingness. My persistence and going into paypal brought to their attention just how broken it was. The guy was really apologetic about it all.

Then I felt like an idiot because he pointed out how the wire should be run and derp I was so stupid. There is no issue with the camera. Got it all mounted up no issue now, I just need to hook up power in the rear and the RCA to the head unit and I'll be in business.

:rotfl: you're still ok in my book :rotfl:

Reactions: littleblazer

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sweet. Glad it got a good resolution.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I (mostly) finished the reverse cam install on the Silverado. It works!

Stuck spare tire by way of a secondary latch... Sound familiar? Yeah. In order to clean up the wiring in the back properly I need to drop the spare, but I can't drop the spare because the latch is jammed. Yay. Good thing is the cable isn't screwed up so I think I can salvage the thing vs replacing it all.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I may start moding after i get a boat. First are projectors/HID's in the headlights.

:2thumbsup:

Excellent mod. Its amazing at the difference projectors make. I know Aarkon has done at least one Voy retro if you need assistance or looking for someone to build them when the time comes.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Hopefully tomorrow I can resume the radiator install. I only have about 2-3 hours left. Also I did a full and thorough flush and I am going to the good old yellow antifreeze. The fabrication of the mounts is pretty straight forward but I am not sure if I should do a write up because this is not a simple swap. Requires welding and grinding and cutting. What do you guys think? I guess I could build the mounts for certain members, but it would still require electric fans. This is Def not a swap for the faint of heart. 20151029_214151.jpg 20151029_215156.jpg

20151029_221202.jpg
This is far from complete, there will be paint, insulation, etc.

Attachments

• 20151029_220613.jpg
    20151029_220613.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 7

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would say do the write-up with enough detail that they could build it of have it built.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Well smarty pants the color of the "green" coolant is relative. It is a neon color therefore it could be translated as green or yellow depending on who you ask. Thanks for having me clear this up, I would hate for anyone to be confused about the coolant I am running.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
:poke:

I wasn't trying to come off smart. That was a legit post with no trolling behind it. I thought maybe there was a yellow coolant and I hadn't seen it. I just recently found out there was pink coolant in some Toyotas. (at least that's all I've seen it in)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Coolant is a good thing. I have seen the yellow or green in the Made for Everything stuff. I swapped that in the Impala and ditched dexcool.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There is a yellow stuff as mentioned. Can't mix orange and green, but you can supposedly mix yellow and green or yellow and orange. I don't trust mixing anything personally but hey. My TB is running the yellow stuff ever since having heater hose connections replaced and the system flushed.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Just to add a little something. Back when I had my 06 Range Rover sport brand new out of the box I did an oil change at a quick lube place just to save a few pennies. They topped of my radiator fluid with the green stuff and the R/R had the almost burgundy coolant. At the time I didn't now it was a different color/fluid because my older 96 R.R did take the green stuff. The over fill tank busted open maybe like 3 days later. So instead of saving a penny I had to spend a whole lot of cash to replace the tank and flush out the system. Life Lesson learned "don't go to a quicky lube"

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
I agree, and after seeing many videos online about the work not even being completed I wok never go back to one.

The only reason I am forcing dex cool is because I saw several instances online of sludge and problems from Dex cool. I've never had a problem with it, but going with a completely different radiator I figured it would be a good time to swap. Gonna do the 04 also, because I have a brand new radiator on the way for it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Dex only sludges when left wayyyy too long in the system and/or gets contaminated with crap.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Crap like oxygen...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Welp, sprung another leak in the wallet, and it dripped into my mod bug's mouth again. Hate it when that happens. Since getting the new battery last month, I noticed my dome lights started to flicker a lot on morning startups, mirrors are moving a bit slower, and it seems like it's cranking slower. Fearing I've got a slight parasitic drain somewhere (or my alternator isn't charging sufficiently), I want to take a closer look.

The only meter probes I have are the sharp, pin style. I want something that I can attach, and leave in place while I wait for modules to go back to sleep after reconnecting, as well as pulling fuses/relays when I'm by myself. Poked around the web for a bit, and decided to get this.

There's a switched bypass so I can (un)plug my meter and not break the electrical connection. I don't think I'll need to use that much if at all, since I have a 2nd meter, but could be handy if you only had 1, and needed to take a voltage reading elsewhere during troubleshooting.

us-B00RGN5UAY-0.jpg

us-B00RGN5UAY-3.jpg

It shipped from a town just on the other side of the bay, so in theory it should be here tomorrow, but since it was 3 day, I probably won't see it until Thursday. :frown:

Reactions: xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just don't forget to disconnect that meter before you try to crank the starter, unless you want to see things melt down!

Nah, I see it has fuses to prevent that from happening. Good thing!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online