Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I wouldn't think the wiring would be thick enough for the starter, or have high enough rated fuses. I wasn't planning on starting it with these hooked up anyway. Not feeling that adventurous. :no:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Where is your sense of adventure!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you trying to track down a parasitic draw?

:yes: I wanna rule that out. I had an issue before, rear wiper arm got damaged (bent slightly), so when I used it one time, it didn't seat properly in the cradle. Didn't notice until I went to do laundry the next day, was standing by the lift gate, and heard the motor cycling, trying to pull the arm down. Battery was low, but it still started. Pulled the fuse until I got around to troubleshooting it. Things seemed OK after that, but then a couple months later, battery was dead after some other mods. Bought a charger. Couple months after that, battery had to be replaced.

The other day, for kicks and giggles, I hooked up my charger when I got home from work, and the needle was well below the full charge mark. I would assume after a 15 minute drive, the alternator would be able to charge a low battery, much less work to maintain a full charge on a good battery. If there's no parasitic drain, I'll get the alternator bench tested at some point. :undecided:

Where is your sense of adventure!

I played ball after work, so I'm sore and tired. My sense of adventure lives vicariously through you guys for the time being. :Zzzz:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Not on the truck, but the speakers I bought have a buildup/mod available where you add some components to the crossover and add a silk dome tweeter. My roommates may kill the tweeters since they're not fluid cooled so they probably won't take to kindly to being cranked for a long time, so it's in the back of my head. No mods needed to swap the tweeter.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Got my new meter leads today, went to try them out, but no dice. They felt funny, loose in the meter, like the contacts weren't gripping. And of course no readings registered without a LOT of wiggling and pressing. Same issue on both meters.

Upon closer inspection, comparing the new leads to my existing ones, the plastic casing around the banana clip was too long.

20151103_170817.jpg

20151103_170757.jpg

So I had to whip out the Xacto knife, and trim down some plastic, and now all is right with the world. I'll check my battery tomorrow maybe.

20151103_202521.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Now just waiting on the write up on the BlazinTrails I6 radiator upgrade mod :cool: OR, for the mounts to go into production for sale. :biggrin: Don't think those would be too bad to ship :undecided:

In poking around the build thread forum, I came across my retro thread :crazy: Going back and reading through the whole thing... Holy crap did I do a lot of work. I really need to buckle down and get this set done. Time to pull them out of the back room and put them back on my coffee table so I can't ignore them anymore. :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I wish I felt comfortable to turn one of my extra sets into projectors

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Well, they ARE extras after all. Just dive in. Enough of us have done them, we can help you out if you get stuck. Hell, I think I've messed up in just about every conceivable way, I can help get you out of trouble for sure. :laugh:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sure would not be the first time a tried a mod more than once.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Start simple, use Mini H1 projectors. They don't require near as much work to install.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
:iagree::goodpost:I had my minis most of the way done in 6 or so hours... I started at 10 am, blew the first computer in the sierra, towed it home and was aiming projectors that night. Not bad at all, just Take your time. Hopefully you can bake yours open and don't have to cut. That's where the fun begins.
deal.gif

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Now just waiting on the write up on the BlazinTrails I6 radiator upgrade mod :cool: OR, for the mounts to go into production for sale. :biggrin: Don't think those would be too bad to ship :undecided:

In poking around the build thread forum, I came across my retro thread :crazy: Going back and reading through the whole thing... Holy crap did I do a lot of work. I really need to buckle down and get this set done. Time to pull them out of the back room and put them back on my coffee table so I can't ignore them anymore. :yes:

I'll see what I can come up with. I was a little hesitant about posting an article on it because of how much customizing went into it, but I'll do it.

I could build the brackets, in fact if I made the upper and lower brackets, that would make this an almost bolt in job. TBH I think it is very possible to do this upgrade with the belt driven fan. It will be necessary to figure out a way to mount the shroud to the radiator, but really that I could do if someone were local. I could tig weld or braze mounting tabs onto the radiator for the shroud.

One thing's for sure, this requires a little bit of planning and fab work so it is not for a novice mechanic. :ok:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would not mind modding my radiator to sit up higher to match the body lift.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Anyone have any experience with handle bar heaters? I may be taking on a little project in the near future....

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Not since I was a kid, and had girls ride up there... Damn, talk about a trip down memory lane... :ok:
You win the internet for the day. :whore::whiteflag:

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nicely done!

Reactions: Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Keep debating if I should check into white powdercoat for the front bumper. Have seen my old pics from when i had one of the steel bumpers painted white pop up recently and kinda digging the look.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I always liked some contrast imo. It did look cool white though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
For some reason the all black front is not thrilling me, but I could paint the spare grill white and make the shackles silver to match the fairlead for the winch to break it up.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I dont have those skills. Photo editting has never really interested me. I like the hands on stuff...prolly why my shackles and other things have so many coats of paint on them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Bingo. Poor mans powdercoating

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Yeah. i think it is time to do one. Not sure how the white would look with the black grill in. Could not find a good pic like that.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I saw black and it looked nice... but white is so much more forgiving, and it'll be color matched.

White here

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
White or Black projector retrofit?

I think black would look good on your TB with the hood stripe, grille, and bumper. If you get a bi-xenon projector for the low beams and LED strips for the turn signals, you could black out the entire headlight or leave the reflector alone for the hi beams and throw in some LED headlights.

Maybe you can be the first one to retro in some Morimoto Mini H1 7.0s :yes: I have read/seen output shots and they look awesome.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Maybe you can be the first one to retro in some Morimoto Mini H1 7.0s :yes: I have read/seen output shots and they look awesome.

I've only seen the width output shot of the 7.0 but it does look awesome. I was going to redo the tb with those and put the 6.0s in the voy... but I was told not to. I just wanna add my halos damn it. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I will be contracting it out. 68impalacp and I have been discussing since he has experience and is fairly close. His others look good, so with a new bumper being completed, it seems I might as well do the lights up right too.

I have no more hood stripes. I also have the option of the black grill n crossbar, the all chrome grill n crossbar or can paint the primed one allwhite or a combo. With thre options, I should find a combo that works.

i plan to run HID in both high and low beams. Already have the kits and will only need different bulbs prolly.

i like white, but then black is classic.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I feel like black with the black bumper and white cross bar wouldn't look bad either. With the options you really can't go wrong tbh.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I kinda think black lights may get lost with the tubes on bumper so white may be better

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
This is true.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online