Reality thread...continued.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
It's an Oklahoma thing. :rotfl:

I take offense to that, I still consider myself a native "Illinoisan" (real word?). I'm just visiting here :undecided::raspberry:

smitty5150 said:
Mike, I don't think you are cut out to be a tv mod. Part of the job is coming here to make useless posts.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have you not seen some of the stuff I post or threads I start? :raspberry:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Oh yeah...my bad. Than why the hell arent you an admin????

Stef in up for that promotion :rotfl:

smitty5150 said:
Illannoying, I mean illinoisian...:rotfl:

I know you're just upset because you guys have this...

snooki-arrested-jersey-shore.jpg

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
anybody else notice that the "other site" is making moderators out of rather new people with 1,000-1,500 posts.:crackup::dunce:

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
I haven't been over there since I came here, but I did hear they are making mods out of newbies over yonder.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
OK, we've already had threads about the OS. This one doesn't need to continue down that path...

Thanks. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ghoster said:
where damn it where????:lipsrsealed:

Between here and 69th Avenue...

You should be there soon.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
:rotfl: I think you have me confused with Stef. You know those Canadian :biggrin:/QUOTE]

Hey its only the East Coast Canadians that stink. Something about burning coal in the Midwest for power generation and the Northwesterly air flow!:biggrin:

Out here on the Wet coast (yes I meant wet) we "smell" of fish because of all the sockeye salmon that we eat. You know how it is ..... step to the stern ... tug on the line .....Fish On! :wootwoot:

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Treated myself to an iPhone 4 today.......diggin it so far. Got the wife (still technically married) one as well for a damn good deal. GMTNation was one of the first sites I bookmarked!

Now, did someone say hookers?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blade said:
07 TB RIDER said:
:rotfl: I think you have me confused with Stef. You know those Canadian :biggrin:/QUOTE]

Hey its only the East Coast Canadians that stink. Something about burning coal in the Midwest for power generation and the Northwesterly air flow!:biggrin:

Out here on the Wet coast (yes I meant wet) we "smell" of fish because of all the sockeye salmon that we eat. You know how it is ..... step to the stern ... tug on the line .....Fish On! :wootwoot:

Didn't you mean the great north wet?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
I remember the last time I was on the OS before joining here someone was looking for the Roadie, and started a thread about it. So one of the newbies was asking "What is a Roadie?" how sweet is that lol! :rotfl: Then came to know he was banned, and that something was wrong. searched around a bit then saw someone spell out gmtnation in separate letters so the admin doesn't catch it lol! yeh that's how I ended up here since no one bothered to invite me :hissyfit: lol! i'm kidding...

Anyways to share my interesting day. My wife and I moved to a new house but the living room turned out to be smaller than we had initially anticipated. We have a big recliner set which isn't fitting so we decided to sell the one year old set. Yesterday evening a gentleman was kind enough to send me a note telling me this:

"Since the set is used, hence my offer is 1500 SR" which is less than half of my selling price and about 3 times less than my purchase price. No introductions no Hello no nothing which is kinda rude if you ask me. . Anyhow I responded to him saying "I'm sure you can find a set of plastic chairs for that price and they'll even throw in a plastic table for you"

Seeing the gentleman didn't really appreciate my humor:biggrin: he goes and throws a response "Oh! seems you're new here, why don't you go put your set in the Cairo Gold Museum" lol! That was kinda funny.

I eventually responded a bit harsher and just telling him first time i'd set foot here was in 1981 (my dad used to work here but he doesn't know that lol, though I myself have moved here as a grown up in 2005) and that I didnt appreciate the sarcasim. There are different types of furnitures in the market you can get cheap and you can get excellent quality.Told him I had a selling price and that this wasn't an auction site. Also told him i'd be glad to point him out to a place that fits his budget.

anyways that was it lol! but it kinda pissed me off and wanted to share. You buy a sofa set for whats equal to $1330 and a guy comes and says since it's used (about a year) i'll take it for $400. :hissyfit:

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
Only thing left to do now is pee in the corner.
And by the way I was politely invited here directly from my intro thread didn't see anybody else get that.wtf lol

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Just found out I'm not deploying this spring like I thought I was; always a chance something will change again but the odds are in my favor now to stay home for the time being with the wife and our boys (one toddler, one baby). Missed about 8 months of my eldest's life so far, but managed to be home for most of the big milestones. Hoping I get the same opportunity with our second. That good news combined with the fact I'm taking leave on Monday and Tuesday just for a do-nothing R&R 4-day weekend makes me a pretty happy guy right now!

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
Also told him i'd be glad to point him out to a place that fits his budget.
Truly fitting response, IMO. :biggrin:

Guano said:
I was politely invited here directly from my intro thread didn't see anybody else get that.wtf lol
Everyone knows where you hung out the most on the OS. (and you're in good company) :grouphug:

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Wow, what a great weekend. Got to spend some time with my oldest son while he is in SoCal for some last minute training. He deploys in about 6 weeks so I have to make the most of every weekend. :biggrin:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Wow, what a great weekend. Got to spend some time with my oldest son while he is in SoCal for some last minute training. He deploys in about 6 weeks so I have to make the most of every weekend. :biggrin:

Where's he going Bill, or does he know? Or is it on the down low?

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
jrbngntb said:
hey whats up everyone, hows it going?
Hello Warren. How are you doing?

jrbngntb said:
Sam, he is getting big!
Yeah, and he's just as big of a turd. Big body, puppy mind.

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Hello Warren. How are you doing?

Yeah, and he's just as big of a turd. Big body, puppy mind.

Im doing really well, thanks, how about you?

haha like most men, always a kid at heart

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
Badbart said:
Where's he going Bill, or does he know? Or is it on the down low?

Afghanistan.
He told me what province, but frankly they all sound like software support locations... :rotfl: He is a Navy Corpsman and will be with the 1st Marines I MEF. He was supposed to graduate this spring from college but that will be put on hold until he comes back. This is his 3rd deployment and he takes it in stride. His is a good sailor and competent warrior.

Any good thoughts as you see fit for him, as well as any of our fine fighting forces past, present, and future are appreciated.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Afghanistan.
He told me what province, but frankly they all sound like software support locations... :rotfl: He is a Navy Corpsman and will be with the 1st Marines I MEF. He was supposed to graduate this spring from college but that will be put on hold until he comes back. This is his 3rd deployment and he takes it in stride. His is a good sailor and competent warrior.

Any good thoughts as you see fit for him, as well as any of our fine fighting forces past, present, and future are appreciated.

All should be good. If he is anything like his old man he will have things in order at all times. I truly hope he has better jokes or they may ship him back after a couple of months!:biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DucatiSS said:
Afghanistan.

Thoughts and prayers will be sent to him and all the forces!

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Blade said:
I truly hope he has better jokes or they may ship him back after a couple of months!:biggrin:
Or make him walk the plank. It is the Navy after all. :rotfl:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
All should be good. If he is anything like his old man he will have things in order at all times. I truly hope he has better jokes or they may ship him back after a couple of months!:biggrin:

Come to think of it, that may be why they sent him over there again....:undecided:

:rotfl:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
Badbart said:
Come to think of it, that may be why they sent him over there again....:undecided:

The more I think of it the more I realize that you guys are afraid to come to Canada because you have a hunch they may not let you back home!:lightbulb:

Kind of like the look on my face when I asked if I could move back home and my parents just laughed:duh:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blade said:
The more I think of it the more I realize that you guys are afraid to come to Canada because you have a hunch they may not let you back home!:lightbulb:

Kind of like the look on my face when I asked if I could move back home and my parents just laughed:duh:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I would like to introduce the newest member of my family, Violet's Angel. She is an approximately 8 month old Dachshund with some Beagle mixed in. She is a shelter rescue. So far she is proving to have a very mild personality, and has gotten along great with the kids and even the cat. It is wonderful, I would hate to have to give a kid up because the dog didn't like them. :thumbsup:

2012-01-10224601.jpg

2012-01-10181458.jpg

2012-01-11103410.jpg

2012-01-10224433.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats on the new family member

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
Good morning everyone. I am in major need of coffee :coffee:. I wonder who in the office I can convince to go to circle K and get me some :cool:

Update: Mission Complete

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would not have. It is freaking cold outside...

But good morning.

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I would not have. It is freaking cold outside...

But good morning.

Mornin' :biggrin:.

I agree it's too cold, with these winds and snow I don't even think I'm going out to smoke today.

18 degree's with the wind chill down to 7 have had winds up to 39mph.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just wore shorts th other day and now it is cold even with Carharts on. Crazy weather this winter.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I would like to introduce the newest member of my family, Violet's Angel.
Nice looking pup Matt.

Aukland said:
Good morning everyone.
Good morning Tommy.

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
I know right we were just talking about having a cook out last week when it was 50 out and sunny lol.

Good morning Sam, how is this winter advisory going for u down there? Or do you guys not have one?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Who decided to turn the A/C on again? We were enjoying mid 60s now we are in the low to mid 50s during the day.

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Issues with the boat, learning all the new mounds of paperwork associated with my new position as a licensed officer with this company on their boats is makin life kinda hectic. More training on the 30th for 5 days at the company training facility, won't be goin home til the 9th of next month. Good thing they pay me well here eh? lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher