Reality thread...continued.

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
It's good pay, thats all that matters :smile:. Ill be heading down to Albien, IL for a week to convert Champ Labs and bring it back to Ohio.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
To comment on cold weather its 19 here and I always wear shorts just salted the driveway actually lol love this cold! Tonight i have to go plow some roads with a 4 wheeler which I will then be wearing some pants rest assured lol.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Aukland said:
Good morning Sam, how is this winter advisory going for u down there? Or do you guys not have one?
I haven't looked at the weather report. The snow is very light now...but it's falling sideways. :hahano:

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
To comment on cold weather its 19 here and I always wear shorts just salted the driveway actually lol love this cold! Tonight i have to go plow some roads with a 4 wheeler which I will then be wearing some pants rest assured lol.

BO TIE SS said:
I haven't looked at the weather report. The snow is very light now...but it's falling sideways. :hahano:

I hear Florida is nice this time of year :biggrin: We could all move there

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
I'm moving there in a few months :smile:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, come on down! It's a balmy 35* this morning! It was 26* yesterday. I guess that's warm for some of you. Actually, it's been a fairly mild winter so far. And I'm not complaining. I like winter. It's the summers here that I don't like. It was hitting 105* last July with plenty of humidity to go with it....

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
morning. it is about freezing outside and have be out in it again...sucks

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
morning guys, its pretty cold here also around 25, been at work since 11:30pm so havent been out since then, but not looking forward to it

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
Morning. 18°F and breezy here. The flag is standing straight out, looks like a shop day. I'll cut down trees tommorrow.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
18°F here too. A little wind. Took daughter to the train station to she could head back to Buffalo for school. Assuming its a bit colder up there :eek:

Time to straighten up the basement and get the Christmas stuff back in the crawl space. My son will be pissed this AM when he finds out the Broncos lost. We were rooting for Tebow.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Morning everyone. Time to go freeze my butt off to fix my broken truck. Sadly, I just replaced this wheel bearing 3 months ago. :no:

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Mark20 said:
18°F here too. A little wind. Took daughter to the train station to she could head back to Buffalo for school. Assuming its a bit colder up there :eek:

Time to straighten up the basement and get the Christmas stuff back in the crawl space. My son will be pissed this AM when he finds out the Broncos lost. We were rooting for Tebow.

Yeah, me too....:no:

Regulator said:
Morning everyone. Time to go freeze my butt off to fix my broken truck. Sadly, I just replaced this wheel bearing 3 months ago. :no:

ouch....:no:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Aukland said:
I hear Florida is nice this time of year :biggrin: We could all move there
You lead the way. :yes:

jkdubz said:
I'm moving there in a few months :smile:
You don't count...you're already down south. :raspberry:

Badbart said:
Yeah, come on down! It's a balmy 35* this morning! It was 26* yesterday.
So what's it getting up to during the day?
(PS - If/when I move down it will be a little farther South. Like Pinellas county)

jrbngntb said:
morning guys
G'morning Warren.

Regulator said:
G'morning Matt. That sucks. I'd offer to come and help, but you'll probably be done before I could get there. :crazy:

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011
Finally loading the boat up after 3 days of standby. Could be on a few more days of standby but at least we'll be loaded up with supplies for a rig. I wanna get this baby out into open waters and put some miles on.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
So I discovered that the spare wheel bearing that I thought I had in my parts box was no longer there. Oops, I guess an Ebay order is in my future soon. I did discover a lower control arm bolt that was loose, so that explains some of what I was feeling in the truck.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching Dust to Glory w regulator. Awesome Offroad documentary. Everyone should watch it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Watching Dust to Glory w regulator. Awesome Offroad documentary. Everyone should watch it.

Downloading it now

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well this is my first post in the reality thread on any site ive belonged too.. and i must say, im proud to share this with all...

as of today 1/15/2012 i am officially 120 lbs lighter!!! :wootwoot: ive lost 120 lbs in exactly 10 months.. i went from a size 6X in shirts :eek: all the way down to a 2X or 1X (depending on material) :yes:, and i went from a size 62" waist :eek:, all the way down to a 46" waist :yes:

many know of my weight loss journey from a thread on the OS or through the meets... i started on March 1, 2011.. sooo with that, im pretty excited, and will continue until i reach my goal (50 more lbs. before you all ask :raspberry:)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats man!

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Just added it to my Netflix Instant queue :smile:

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well this is my first post in the reality thread on any site ive belonged too.. and i must say, im proud to share this with all...

as of today 1/15/2012 i am officially 120 lbs lighter!!! :wootwoot: ive lost 120 lbs in exactly 10 months.. i went from a size 6X in shirts :eek: all the way down to a 2X or 1X (depending on material) :yes:, and i went from a size 62" waist :eek:, all the way down to a 46" waist :yes:

many know of my weight loss journey from a thread on the OS or through the meets... i started on March 1, 2011.. sooo with that, im pretty excited, and will continue until i reach my goal (50 more lbs. before you all ask :raspberry:)

Well done ! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
thx everybody... your words along with motivation from friends and family are what keep me going!! :grouphug:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
as of today 1/15/2012 i am officially 120 lbs lighter!!!
You know I'm proud of you! I'm still hoping that one day you'll run the Towpath 1/2 marathon with me. I would be honored to have you at my side for 13.1! :wootwoot: :dance:

PS - at the end, they serve beer. I would gladly buy you one!!! (or two) :biggrin:

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:

congrats! thats a great accomplishment! keep up the good work!

so anyone up this hour of the day? im at work with nothing to do. moving some movies around on my NAS and organizing them a little better so its easier to sort thru them and stream

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jrbngntb said:
congrats! thats a great accomplishment! keep up the good work!

so anyone up this hour of the day? im at work with nothing to do. moving some movies around on my NAS and organizing them a little better so its easier to sort thru them and stream

I am still up, getting caught up some on the DVR.

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
I am still up, getting caught up some on the DVR.

hey, what were you watch? sorry for the late response, i ended up watching some movies lol

morning everyone

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
Morning Warren :smile: although youre probably already in bed haha!

Wow Juan contrats bro! that right there is motivation! What have you been doing to shed the weight?

Gibby

Jan 15, 2012
Started my own business.. Dumped about 30K in it in the last 3 weeks, this is going to be my side job until it takes off hopefully. It will be in my signature soon.

A few days after spending all that money, figured out my engine is blown and needs replaced. Now trying to find the best option for around $7,000 or less.

Been researching LS2 and LS3 options. Haven't found a used LS3, but for the same price as a crate LS3, I have found full TB SS swaps, engine, tranny, wiring, axles ect....

I was hoping to get close to 500HP with $7,000 but I might have to settle for 400 ish...

wmolzon

Nov 21, 2011
Gibby said:
Started my own business.. Dumped about 30K in it in the last 3 weeks, this is going to be my side job until it takes off hopefully. It will be in my signature soon.

A few days after spending all that money, figured out my engine is blown and needs replaced. Now trying to find the best option for around $7,000 or less.

Been researching LS2 and LS3 options. Haven't found a used LS3, but for the same price as a crate LS3, I have found full TB SS swaps, engine, tranny, wiring, axles ect....

I was hoping to get close to 500HP with $7,000 but I might have to settle for 400 ish...

Hey Gibby, sorry to hear about your. if you are leaving the stock tranny with no work i wouldnt go much more then a stock motor.

Aukland said:

hey buddy, nope still at work. midnight to noon... today i might be working a little latter

so have you seen or heard about the new galaxy nexus? i just ordered one this morning. way to expensive for my taste but i needed something good and couldnt find anything around 100 so figured id go all out lol

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Gibby said:

What kind of Biz did you start?

Gibby

Jan 15, 2012
jrbngntb said:
Hey Gibby, sorry to hear about your. if you are leaving the stock tranny with no work i wouldnt go much more then a stock motor.

Yeah, not to worried, I know it will need go eventually, but that is one reason I am looking at possibly doing a full TB SS swap, comes with everything except the rear end four about 6k

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:
You know I'm proud of you! I'm still hoping that one day you'll run the Towpath 1/2 marathon with me. I would be honored to have you at my side for 13.1! :wootwoot: :dance:

PS - at the end, they serve beer. I would gladly buy you one!!! (or two) :biggrin:

you know, i will take you up on that offer... ive been working on things... im doing 5K's on my tredmil for practice right now... i can do a 5K in under 54 minutes thats a combination of 5 minute warm up, 10 minutes walking, then 5 minute jogs, then 10 minutes walking, etc, then a 5 minute cool down.. not bad for someone at 300 lbs ehh :thumbsup:

Aukland said:

Wow Juan contrats bro! that right there is motivation! What have you been doing to shed the weight?

thx tommy.. and really, just diet and exercise.. thats it... i have a food journal and i write everything down that i eat... i eat fruits, "some" vegatables, salads everyday, no more then 1500-1800 calories a day on my food intake, and then i just workout everyday except sunday.. sunday is my cheat day where i let myself go and eat whatever (in moderation of course) and not workout.. and thats pretty much it man... just calorie counting, watching what i eat, and working out...

and congrats on starting your business Gibby :thumbsup:

Aukland

Jan 12, 2012
The Galaxy nexus is a nice looking phone. I recently went from the Thunderbolt to Bionic to Rezound. I chose HTC over Samsung simply because they have fantastic phones. The HTC sense is IMO on top and the specs are very similar to that of the Galaxy 2. It was more of a personal decision thought and I am sure you will be very happy with the Samsung.

Nice Juan! I may have to look into starting the journal I bet it really helps with dependability and self realization on what your average daily intake is.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
I like those phones too. Overall there is nothing like a pure Google Nexus phone.

But a more serious problem is at hand. Arctic front has us in the low 20's and my truck looks like sheep dip!
ae016def-7cbe-c642.jpg

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Blade said:
I like those phones too. Overall there is nothing like a pure Google Nexus phone.

But a more serious problem is at hand. Arctic front has us in the low 20's and my truck looks like sheep dip!

Like that's cold to you guys! Ha! :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online