Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hell yeah

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Yeah I remember you saying something about it. You bought some parts and they were never shipped.
Correct, it was on the gmt400 forum that happened.

Holy crap my phone is a lot better now that I managed to get cccleaner to work!

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I typed out a massive post a little while ago about Mr. nonsense but of course, something happened and "could not connect to forum" so it was all lost. :no:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
#curiousgarthcannotgetlargesatisfaction

Reactions: mcsteven and Mounce

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Kinda looking at getting a refurbished iPhone 3g s to solve this phone problem.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whore

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Whore who cuts trees down

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Howdy :tiphat:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Damned chodes

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whhhhhoooooorrrrrrreeeeeessssss

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:tongue:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Kinda looking at getting a refurbished iPhone 3g s to solve this phone problem.
Don't go that far back. There are a number of reasons for it.

iOS is at version eight now. You really wouldn't want anything newer than iOS 5 on that phone. There is no way to downgrade the iOS unless someone has set up a small server to mimic an Apple server.

The jailbreaking of those phones was also quite different. With iOS 6 and 7 (and hopefully soon iOS 8) it's simply download a file, run it, reboot, and it's done.

The iPhone 4 added a user facing camera along with the app FaceTime. A 4 or 5 can be used with that app or with Skype or similar software.

The iPhone 3GS had a different physical configuration. The 4 and 5 are thinner and narrower but have the same width screen.

The iPhone 3 and iPhone 4 used, for lack of technical terms, some weird communication system. When used on providers other than AT&T (and possibly other GSM providers outside of the US) it could not use data and telephone at the same time. I don't know what has changed but I kept the same carrier from my 3GS to my 4 to my 5 (it is a company that resells T-Mobile service) but when I got the five, it is able to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time.

We are also talking a processor that is 6+ years old for the 3GS. There are a lot of apps that require the processor in the 4 or better and many apps that require iOS 5 or iOS 6 or higher.

My two cents. You can check out a lot of cool stuff at www.modmyi.com

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
i-am-not-a-smart-phone.jpg

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mcsteven said:
Don't go that far back. There are number of reasons for it.

iOS is at version eight now. You really wouldn't want anything beyond iOS five on that phone. There is no way to downgrade the iOS unless someone has set up a small server to mimic and Apple server.

The jailbreaking of those phones was also quite different. With iOS 6 and 7 (and hopefully soon iOS 8) it's simply download a file, run it, reboot, and it's done.

The iPhone 4 added a user facing camera along with the app FaceTime. One of these phones can be used with that app or with Skype or similar software.

The iPhone 3GS had a different physical configuration. The 4 and 5 are thinner and narrower but have the same width screen.

The iPhone three and iPhone for used, for lack of technical terms, some weird communication system. When used on providers other than AT&T (and possibly other GSM providers outside of the US) it could not use data and telephone at the same time. I don't know what has changed but I kept the same carrier from my 3GS to my 4 to my 5 (it is a company that resells T-Mobile service) but when I got the five, it is able to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time.

We are also talking a processor that is 6+ years old for the 3GS. There are a lot of apps that require the processor in the 4 or better and many apps that require iOS 5 or iOS 6 or higher.

My two cents. You can check out a lot of cool stuff at www.modmyi.com
Thanks for the info, biggest reason for looking at the 3 was cost for a phone that will simply be a temp/backup phone to use until this contract is up. Especially if I decide to root this Sony to get rid of the crap I don't need.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:59303]

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:blinkhuh:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
WHORES!!!

That is all.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Damn whores, we've been slacking today, it's alright though. We've went hardcore the past 2 days :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:crazy:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.