Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yes yes indeed :yes:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Costco dinner - chicken bake and a soda.

Capote said:
Damn whores, we've been slacking today, it's alright though. We've went hardcore the past 2 days :rotfl:
For whores with two working hands, I agree!

Mounce said:
Marc, was it you that was giving me info on rooting last night?
I did put some stuff up for rooting. Had meds, so I hate to say I don't remember if last night or Fri.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
mcsteven said:
I did put some stuff up for rooting. Had meds, so I hate to say I don't remember if last night or Fri.
Nbd, okay, after researching, I've found two methods. A few sites tell about a computer download and do it through the computer. One site mentioned an app to download and do it that way and that seems too easy to believe. I'm thinking the computer deal will be the way to go? I'll provide a link to the processes I'm looking at later and see what you think.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
PM this guy about rooting your phone, he has done it several times and probably know the best way to go about it.

Charles

Mounce said:
Nbd, okay, after researching, I've found two methods. A few sites tell about a computer download and do it through the computer. One site mentioned an app to download and do it that way and that seems too easy to believe. I'm thinking the computer deal will be the way to go? I'll provide a link to the processes I'm looking at later and see what you think.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
we need to get some people coming to hang out with us bro
Indeed man, Porkins, Animal, that dude from GA Southern :yes:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
BlazingTrails said:
about 30 min not to bad compared to my last job

about to pass darkriderLS in overall posts :raspberry:
Have fun with that one.....you do realise that if i actually wanted to i could catch back up to you pretty quick.....

mcsteven said:
Costco dinner - chicken bake and a soda.

For whores with two working hands, I agree!

Kinda wish i had seen that info now lol

Mounce said:
Im starting to research it as well....Having some serious thoughts towards attempting to Root and Unlock my old Samnsung Galaxy Rugby Pro, That was a good phone...crappy provider though...so if i can unlock it that would be awesome...same goes with my old Samsung Galaxy S Facinate.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:cool:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I just keep getting this feeling that if this whorestorm continues at its pace the same thing that happened to GMT400 may happen here....that place was insane for months on end now its a total ghost town....:no:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Darkrider_LS said:
I just keep getting this feeling that if this whorestorm continues at its pace the same thing that happened to GMT400 may happen here....that place was insane for months on end now its a total ghost town.... :no:
All we are doing is cutting up with each other, having fun, and getting to know each other. sounds kinda familiar....... :undecided:

Nonsense Thread

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I think we're all on good terms with eachother and nobody seems to take things too far IMO

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
There's a difference between unlocking and rooting or jail breaking.

Unlocking is the process where the original carrier basically removes your Electronic Serial Number (on GSM you'll also see IMEI) from a database that allows it to authenticate with another carrier. If the phone has no past due balance call the carrier and say you're sending it to your nephew in Iraq.

Jail breaking allows Apple i devices to use apps that are not Apple certified. Some will get you into the heart of the OS.

Rooting is similar, but it removes restrictions that the carrier put / had put on the Android device. It opens the device up to a lot of customization.

Mounce - I would NOT recommend some app without it being connected to a PC. Every one I've done has been tethered during rooting.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
:iagree:

I used to think it was weird too, but now it is fun and I enjoy being here and I contribute as much as i possibly can.
It's fun kickin' it here, besides I don't have any social life......i'm just that loner weird guy who works on his truck in the parking lot and scampers away when there's lots of neighbors a-foot :rotfl:..and who smokes his Clove cigarettes in the dark outside and weird people out...

Reactions: Mounce and Porkins

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Capote said:
Indeed man, Porkins, Animal, that dude from GA Southern :yes:
Cody S also, he use to meetup with Brandon (BigBowTie88) alot before bowtie passed away. Admin Black_Ice(sp?) is in the Atl area too.

Darkrider_LS said:
I just keep getting this feeling that if this whorestorm continues at its pace the same thing that happened to GMT400 may happen here....that place was insane for months on end now its a total ghost town....:no:
We get one complaint by someone who doesnt care to reply and get to know us. So we should just shut down and endup like trailvoy?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Porkins said:
Cody S also, he use to meetup with Brandon (BigBowTie88) alot before bowtie passed away. Admin Black_Ice(sp?) is in the Atl area too.
There's a lot of you guys located near Atlanta, i'm the only GA member to my knowledge this far south in GA

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah man, once a month sounds good to have a decent sized meet. That should give people plenty of time monthly to see if they'll be able to make it. And if they miss that one, they can try the next time :wooot:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I wish there were more members near me. I don't remember which but either Roadie or Kyle are out here, but San Fran is 8 hours from Los Angeles and 5 hours from Redding (last larger town before Oregon). We should find a bunch of us and do a Vegas weekend meet!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
:iagree: if you look on the member map there are several members in north Atlanta. Might have to pm them :yes:
We really should PM them, and Garth looks closer to you than me lol, I think he should come and see us some time, i'd really like to meet him

Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:raspberry:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:crazy:

Status