4.2 Envoy Turbo Build

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Cone, maybe I missed it, but what's the plate riveted to the dash on the passenger side? Hopefully something cool like a Mk/Mod plate for your build.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
I thought it was gunna say something like "WARNING! These turbo spools have been known to get the women naked" :rotfl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 222

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Sounds great! I think we want the 8 pound springs more than you do....lol.

So what all have you done to the trans so far other than the vette servo? Me thinky if you get in the 8 PSI and+ territory, then the .500 boost valve would be a necessity, along with the stronger 4th apply pressure either from the servo or some plate reaming.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Very Nice! Holding half throttle the whole run? I can not wait to see what numbers that Beastie Voy puts out. :yes:

Also, forgive me for asking if I missed it before, but can you explain what those "and what does this one do?" switches up front are for?:biggrin:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Very Nice! Holding half throttle the whole run? I can not wait to see what numbers that Beastie Voy puts out. :yes:

Also, forgive me for asking if I missed it before, but can you explain what those "and what does this one do?" switches up front are for?:biggrin:

Thanks!!! And yeah i was trying to keep throttle between 50-60% so it shifted by 4500-5000 rpms each shift and didn't wind out. No worries... The switches from left to right are low fan, high fan, fuel pump (making sure it gets voltage after pcm wiring swap), halo lighting, and nitrous jet and purge armed.

The gauges are for engine oil temp, boost (in BAR not psi), wideband air/fuel ratio, trans temp, air pressure (wvich will be hooked up to read air pressure in brake booster line as a double check for any leaks in vacuum.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Another awesome video. You definitely have way more control than I would have. I still get this way everytime I hear that turbo spool lol

View attachment 30176

8psi 50% throttle :salivate:

8psi WOT :popo:

:rotfl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 191

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Another awesome video. You definitely have way more control than I would have. I still get this way everytime I hear that turbo spool lol

View attachment 16945

8psi 50% throttle :salivate:

8psi WOT :popo:

:rotfl:

hahaha thank you man!!!! MEE TOO! I look like that even before I hear it...just starting it up. More videos to follow tomorrow if it isnt raining!!!:thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Well everything is still doing good at 8psi. I will stay at 8 psi for the remainder of the summer/fall and will be looking into a built transmission over the winter.
Here are a few pics from the other day and I will post some video links later from some highway clips and I was able to race a 370z the other night and after 20 min we ended up getting off the highway and talking for a good half hour. He was very surprised haha and I love the Z's so it all worked out.
View attachment 30243
View attachment 30244

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376750124373.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376750124373.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376750172354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376750172354.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 17

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Well dont leave us all hanging.... WHO WON????
haha z took me with his flyby (obviously tough when he has a 100 ft head start lol) but from a roll at 35 me, from a roll at 75 he got going first but once boost kicked in I was pulling on him by about 2 car lengths twice, and from a stand still me BY FAR. he shifted 3 times to get to 80 and the voy shifted once haha

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Need to get a couple of go pros, catch video of the look on their faces getting smoked by an envoy

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
jimmyjam said:
Need to get a couple of go pros, catch video of the look on their faces getting smoked by an envoy

haha im working on it!!! Its just kinda cool how they all want to talk about what just happened after the racing. Its neat bringing attention to the envoy platform and seeing peoples reactions.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Love the pics! Your voy looks fast just standing still :thumbsup: I am sure the Z was like holy sh!t I am getting smoked by a four door :rotfl:. Have you had the chance to race a TBSS yet? I am sure you would hand them their ass too :yes:.

Do you have any issues with traction on dry pavement with all that added hp and torque?

Thanks for the vids man. I am at work on a Saturday, but you totally made my day! :2thumbsup:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
Love the pics! Your voy looks fast just standing still :thumbsup: I am sure the Z was like holy sh!t I am getting smoked by a four door :rotfl:. Have you had the chance to race a TBSS yet? I am sure you would hand them their ass too :yes:.

Do you have any issues with traction on dry pavement with all that added hp and torque?

Thanks for the vids man. I am at work on a Saturday, but you totally made my day! :2thumbsup:

Glad I could help haha. And no I have only seen 1 tbss by me :sadcry: and it was going thr opposite direction. Ive been waiting for it haha. Yes traction problems if I wanted to but these coopers grip the f#ck out of the road and I love it. Corners dont scare me much anymore even at speed (as long as theres no loose gravel) they just grip like no other tire ive ever run... Even on the zx. (except the super sticky drags we used to run). The guy in the z was about 40 and hes like i thought for sure id show you up but then i heard it spooling up and it sucked the air outta my car haha. He was pissed but was a cool guy though lol

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yeah if they do not notice the large intercooler below your front bumper, they will definitely hear that turbo spool :salivate:. Thats cool you get a chance to talk to the guys, I am sure they are impressed with all the work.

I know from your pics it looks like you did a considerable weight reduction, but was just wondering if you had issues with traction in regards to cornering or if you go WOT from a stop.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Haha yeah I love talking to the people because I am just as interested in what they have done. Same with everyones projects on here. I find it so cool how so many different looks and mods can be done on the same / or different platforms. As for traction itll break loose pretty good if its cold... but if tires arw warm not too easy! Even with 400 lbs of weight gone

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
seems like I was just working on it and gathering parts and getting it up and running and now its getting nearer to putting it away for the winter :no:

but I still have 2 months left! :wootwoot:

just a recap/summary video with newer movie clips instead of the weak 3 psi ones like I had before.

[video=youtube;mT7px-nu2mM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7px-nu2mM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
damn...sorry man and no problem!

Wouldnt play on iphone so i had to pull out the laptop lol crazy how much work and time went in, but the turnout is crazy lol btw how many miles do you have on your voy?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Wouldnt play on iphone so i had to pull out the laptop lol crazy how much work and time went in, but the turnout is crazy lol btw how many miles do you have on your voy?

Thank you man I appreciate it ! I am just pumped that it worked out and I have gotten to enjoy it...I was really worried for a while there.

and haha 1 4 9 , x x x :biggrin:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Thank you man I appreciate it ! I am just pumped that it worked out and I have gotten to enjoy it...I was really worried for a while there.

and haha 1 4 9 , x x x :biggrin:

No wayyy! I have less than that and im scared to put a turbo on because of engine reliability.... Maybe i have to reconsider

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011

Attachments

• A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 26
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 28
  • C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
  • D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • HOOD EDIT - Copy.jpg
    HOOD EDIT - Copy.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 26

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Pretty quick to throw out the stick on method arnt we? hahah
7395AAE9-4F39-4CAC-8965-8149E5DAC46D-3313-0000023961DA6F69_zps4dea9330.jpg

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Loool i'd rather have that than this....:raspberry:
I guess he didnt have a pipe bender, or a brain :rotfl: i wonder which weld will go first?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 136

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
I guess he didnt have a pipe bender, or a brain :rotfl: i wonder which weld will go first?

OH MAN! I thought my welds were sketchy... I would be so afraid to take that anywhere. They do resemble my first time welding though haha so I cant make fun of that too badly

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Ryda55555 said:

:crazy: man, looks like it was sitting at the bottom of the ocean and a bunch of coral or algae developed on it.....

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
OH MAN! I thought my welds were sketchy... I would be so afraid to take that anywhere. They do resemble my first time welding though haha so I cant make fun of that too badly

Hahaha well everyone starts somewhere lol i took a beginners course for welding and sheet metal fabrication in college so i did all my shitty welds there lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online