4.2 Envoy Turbo Build

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED TONIGHT ! :woohoo: I was at a redlight on a mile long stretch of (closed) road (in Mexico) and a white trailblazer SS pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and smirked and said nice whip man..." what are you pushing like 300 hp or does it just sound mean from your shitty loud exhaust ??? " me --> :nono: but I was polite and said "Nice SS man I like those a lot and nice rims (black gloss with some white accent...looked pretty cool) Wanna do the first one to the next light? to which he replied laughing "oh ok what ever you say inline 6" to which I became slightly agitated by his arrogance and felt like this inside ---> :hissyfit:. So I held the revs at 3500 and it started to spool up a bit as the light was about to change and then I punched it and after some slight wheel spin/chirping it was on! He had me by about a half a truck length until about 50 mph and then we were even and then the turbo began to spool big time pulling in second and 3rd with no lag and I had him by about a 2 or 3 truck lengths. At the red light I just looked over and he told me we had to go pull over so he can look at it he didnt believe it was an inline 6.

I told him about the site and he asked about my build and I checked out his mods and he became a lot nicer. Then we spent the next 2 hours doing shenanigans all over Erie county haha sooo much fun! we raced a pontiac supercharged v8 gxp and I topped my speedo out on that and just kept wanting more and had an absolute blast tonight!!!!

Made a friend and hopefully he will join up! :yes:

Reactions: Capote

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
ConeKilrAutoX said:
WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED TONIGHT ! :woohoo: I was at a redlight on a mile long stretch of (closed) road (in Mexico) and a white trailblazer SS pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and smirked and said nice whip man..." what are you pushing like 300 hp or does it just sound mean from your shitty loud exhaust ??? " me --> :nono: but I was polite and said "Nice SS man I like those a lot and nice rims (black gloss with some white accent...looked pretty cool) Wanna do the first one to the next light? to which he replied laughing "oh ok what ever you say inline 6" to which I became slightly agitated by his arrogance and felt like this inside ---> :hissyfit:. So I held the revs at 3500 and it started to spool up a bit as the light was about to change and then I punched it and after some slight wheel spin/chirping it was on! He had me by about a half a truck length until about 50 mph and then we were even and then the turbo began to spool big time pulling in second and 3rd with no lag and I had him by about a 2 or 3 truck lengths. At the red light I just looked over and he told me we had to go pull over so he can look at it he didnt believe it was an inline 6.

I told him about the site and he asked about my build and I checked out his mods and he became a lot nicer. Then we spent the next 2 hours doing shenanigans all over Erie county haha sooo much fun! we raced a pontiac supercharged v8 gxp and I topped my speedo out on that and just kept wanting more and had an absolute blast tonight!!!!

I Knew it!!!!! Time to change your name to SSKilrAutoX!

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I think you misspelled the state in Mexico you were in. No biggie.

Edit: Keep the name. No point in starting fights! Keep the class you had on the road :thumbsup:

Yeah and I second the >8psi! Lol. Then tune the low end and get your launches down and game on! Sounds like you're having fun.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Thats awesome and about time. I figured you would take an SS by a couple car lengths! Thats what he gets for being so arrogant :yes:. SSKilrAutoX is a good one or LS2KilrAutoX or hell HEMIKilrAutoX, VTECKilrAutoX, NISMOKilrAutoX. Possibilities are endless with that monster.

Any plans to increase the boost beyond 8psi?

Finally watched your build summary video, very nice :thumbsup:

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:

Speak softly and carry a big stick :smile: Well done!

Reactions: Capote

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
I think you misspelled the state in Mexico you were in. No biggie.

Edit: Keep the name. No point in starting fights! Keep the class you had on the road :thumbsup:

Yeah and I second the >8psi! Lol. Then tune the low end and get your launches down and game on! Sounds like you're having fun.

hahaha thanks man! I always misspell things when im in mexico

dmanns67 said:
Thats awesome and about time. I figured you would take an SS by a couple car lengths! Thats what he gets for being so arrogant :yes:. SSKilrAutoX is a good one or LS2KilrAutoX or hell HEMIKilrAutoX, VTECKilrAutoX, NISMOKilrAutoX. Possibilities are endless with that monster.

Any plans to increase the boost beyond 8psi?

Finally watched your build summary video, very nice :thumbsup:

thank you!!! ol just keeping conekilrautox haha i like being a sleeper and not looking like that guy did...not my thing.

if i can get the money together next summer im going to try and do an engine rebuild and look at as much power as I can. IF the money is there.

STLtrailbSS said:
What were the SS mods?

he had headers and exhaust a cai and he kept saying something about a throttle body spacer??? and asking me why i dont have one?

limequat said:
Speak softly and carry a big stick :smile: Well done!

thank you! wouldnt have been possible without your help and everyone else on here haha

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
You can put cardboard between the Tb and call it a day with the same gains.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
he had headers and exhaust a cai and he kept saying something about a throttle body spacer??? and asking me why i dont have one?
oh no..... :lipsrsealed: :puke:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
... i like being a sleeper and not looking like that guy did...not my thing.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I would call you a sleeper with the exhaust, cooler up front, and future hood vents:wink:

At least the thing can run and is proven to shut others up! Wonder what story that guy is telling :rotfl:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
... i like being a sleeper and not looking like that guy did...not my thing.

Not sure I would call you a sleeper with the exhaust, cooler up front, and future hood vents:wink:

At least the thing can run and is proven to shut others up! Wonder what story that guy is telling :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

true haha....and idk I hope he joins up here as long as hes not so arrogant...as for what story hes telling idk but it was no different on the highway.. we spanked that pontiac tho and the pontiac guy thought it was hilarious and was super funny and nice

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
how much gain?

[video=youtube;M5QGkOGZubQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ[/video]
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
got put in my place (not disappointed lol) just now on lunch break by this hahaha View attachment 30599
View attachment 30600

soooo fun lol all the way to subway. and then talked to him at lunch and went for a spin in it. HOLY AMG BI-TURBO. stupid fast haha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378832387006.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378832387006.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378832420721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378832420721.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 48

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:
just driving around spooling up and finally have the camera outside the vehicle to hear the turbo

HD is nicer :raspberry:

[video=youtube;0gqoZgXwbDI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gqoZgXwbDI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Damn. Gonna make me get out my laptop to watch... mobile not enabled.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
How about bringing that beast to the C-bus meet? (link in my signature)

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Phantom said:

Your killin me man! My phone is my only internet. Guess I'll just have to read everybodys comments about how cool the video is. :sadcry::sadcry::sadcry:

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Phantom said:

Such a sweet sound. :thumbsup: Maybe if you get the camera behind the side mirror it may eliminate the wind noise.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Showtyme said:
Another happy Iphone user tries to convince me to make the switch.

I swear you all must get a free Itunes gift card for every person you convert. Almost everyone i know has an iphone and they look at my android like im a retard on a fisher price phone.
Sorry meant to edit not qoute myself

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Showtyme said:
I swear you all must get a free Itunes gift card for every person you convert. Almost everyone i know has an iphone and they look at my android like im a retard on a fisher price phone.
Sorry meant to edit not qoute myself

Hahaha honestly its just a bandwagon that keeps growing. Theres a lot that i hate about the iphone like no flash or ability to choose your ringtone or download music from safari.
But it balances itself out where it lacks, the new one comes out in september with an A7 chip and fingerprint scanner :wootwoot:
But i'll wait till next year unless this one comes with a turbo or a saab :rotfl:

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha honestly its just a bandwagon that keeps growing. Theres a lot that i hate about the iphone like no flash or ability to choose your ringtone or download music from safari.
But it balances itself out where it lacks, the new one comes out in september with an A7 chip and fingerprint scanner :wootwoot:
But i'll wait till next year unless this one comes with a turbo or a saab :rotfl:

Ya Im not willing to pay hundreds for a new phone. When my upgrade comes up it will be whatevers free.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Very cool video! Truck sounds so mean. Thanks for making it so us lowly android users can watch lol.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
heading home....another awesome night after a car show. raced an ls1+4l60e swapped jeep, 3 turbo diesel trucks, a few ricers a mustang and it was so fun hahhaha im addicted but trans is slipping worse.... oh well new project =) and my girl got to drive it and loved it. vids tmrw

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:
heading home....another awesome night after a car show. raced an ls1+4l60e swapped jeep, 3 turbo diesel trucks, a few ricers a mustang and it was so fun hahhaha im addicted but trans is slipping worse.... oh well new project =) and my girl got to drive it and loved it. vids tmrw

Sweet man, sounds like a great time! Tranny problems always suck. Hopefully it won't keep you off the road too long and if it does, get the interceptor going!

First and only girl to drive my ride turned into my wife. No regrets. Watch yourself. Your getting in tricky territory :rotfl:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Sweet man, sounds like a great time! Tranny problems always suck. Hopefully it won't keep you off the road too long and if it does, get the interceptor going!

First and only girl to drive my ride turned into my wife. No regrets. Watch yourself. Your getting in tricky territory :rotfl:

amen! and was with a girl for 5 years...she never drove it. been with this girl for 5 months and she has driven it and loves it and wants a fast vehicle herself (saab =) ???).... im done for haha...no regrets

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have been with my wife 7 years this December and still do not like her driving my TB :rotfl:

Maybe because that is the only thing that I can say is "mine" not "ours" :undecided:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
dmanns67 said:
I have been with my wife 7 years this December and still do not like her driving my TB :rotfl:

Maybe because that is the only thing that I can say is "mine" not "ours" :undecided:

hahah UNDERSTANDABLE! I just cant get over how much this girl is into racing and drifting (not just in the envoy) and cars in general...I usually would never let this happen haha :no::yes:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
hahah UNDERSTANDABLE! I just cant get over how much this girl is into racing and drifting (not just in the envoy) and cars in general...I usually would never let this happen haha :no::yes:

The wife is not into racing, but based on her driving record and speeding tickets you would swear she is :rotfl:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
After getting married I have no qualms in letting her call it her truck to others if she wants to. It is mine, ours hers whatever it is my DD and I drive us regardless of the car unless I chose otherwise, lol. I do give in if she really wants to. I also call her car mine. I need someone to keep another vehicle for me so that I do not "beat" on it every single day :rotfl:

Just be sure the day before you get hitched that you make a few things clear and in writing if necessary :thumbsup: :rotfl: :biggrin:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Like that guy who made his wife sign a prenup that said if she ever let the gas tank of any of their cars get below half without filling up the marriage is over
Or the one where they both agreed if either of them ever left a "floater" in the toilet without flushing... Its over

But honestly if i had a really sweet car i'd let the wife say its hers so that people think i have something insane hiding in the garage like a tank or something lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online