You know you're a GMT owner when...

Guano

Jan 4, 2012
You try to replace your I6 water pump & realize the only way to do this right is
to remove the body from the frame....WTF.:hissyfit:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
You know you're a GMT owner when:
--you look at pics of other's GMTs to see if they have the annoying saggy back door weather stripping
--you order a 3rd brake light from an Avalanche and rear springs from a Z71 Tahoe :confused:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U roll down the wndow and the damn window comes off track..wtf. have had 2 360's and both had same issue..:banghead:

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
When you have to explain the difference between a Blazer, TrailBlazer and Tahoe :crazy:

Reactions: Redbeard

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
When it makes you mad that a hackjob thinks they know what they are doing but obviously doesn't know anything about new vehicles, as if they are hacking on a family member!

pennywise

Mar 28, 2012
When you get pulled over and you are more worried about rolling down the window than why the cops are stopping you.

When you have to explain to the parts clerk the difference between a pedal position sensor and a throttle position sensor, every time you go to the same store.

When you talk about cleaning the throttle body like it's the flux capacitor.

When this baby hit's 3000 rpm you're gonna see some serious chit.

When you get an oil change and you ask if they remembered to put 7 quarts in.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
When people confuse your envoy for a trailblazer.

When you go to start your truck and you hear tick tick tick from the gauge cluster!

When your electrical system is so picky and temperamental that you cringe at the mention of having to change some wires.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
When you have to "show off" how Cool a lifted TB/Envoy is and park next to a Stock Envoy/Tb :yes:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Back to that "oil pressure gauge", watching it go from 2 ticks right of center to 3 ticks to the left, for those of us that have experienced it drop all the way to zero, each time it drops you pray it stops at 3 ticks left. This creates many anxious moments and thoughts of repairing again!!

plaen

Dec 4, 2011
Cable810 said:
When you have to "show off" how Cool a lifted TB/Envoy is and park next to a Stock Envoy/Tb :yes:

When you go out of your way to park your lifted TB next to a stock 360.

When other drivers on the road are more interested in your car than the road.

When guys in lifted jeeps stop and stare at a TB on 35s with oogly eyes.

When young kids in a ricer think they can win a race against you, and you slow down to see the look on their faces.

When you drive by other lifted trucks and mouth, "mines bigger" just to get a laugh

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
jason43080 said:
You know you're a GMT owner when you have to custom make/buy brackets to add OEM fog lights...

Should've bought an Envoy. :raspberry:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
plaen said:
When you drive by other lifted trucks and mouth, "mines bigger" just to get a laugh

Definitely never done that. Even with 35s it doesnt take much for other trucks to be taller than mine. Hell many stock full-sizes are factory.

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
You know you're a GMT owner when you try to keep a record of everything

6210de92-9196-cecd.jpg

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:
You know you're a GMT owner when you try to keep a record of everything

6210de92-9196-cecd.jpg

I certainly agree with you! Mine looks thicker but its a year older too! I wonder if all the GMT owners got that same desk to keep the big file on.....

:rotfl::rotfl: .....

Attachments

• DSC02357.jpg
    DSC02357.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 22

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Nah. OCD (paper hoarding) crosses platform boundaries. I only recently shredded the purchase paperwork for my bought-new-for-$2000 '73 Gremlin. :thumbsup:

:biggrin:
_1262048800.jpg

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
You know you're a GMT owner when your driving around at night and the headlights randomly dim a few times for no obvious reason.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
....you login in to an enthusiast forum to see if it's true that you can't play a CD and use your nav unit at the same time on your new to you Envoy and end up:

Learning about the intricacies of a Class II data-bus and then...
Learning about the many choices of Class II data-bus adapters available and having to find the one and only GMOS that will work on your truck and then...
Cursing the engineers that decided EVERYTHING has to be controlled by a computer and then...
Replacing the nav with an aftermarket one, and cursing the engineer that decided you didn't need to listen to music and know where your going at the same time and then...
Pulling the radio fuse, not disconnecting the battery because of the HVAC actuator horror stories you've read on the site, and then...
Becoming a paying member of the new enthusiast site because all the knowledge left the old one and then...
Finding out that, yea the gas mileage is really that bad and there's not a lot you can do about it and then...
Getting you PCMforless tune because of all the raves on the site and hoping ANYTHING will give you better MPG and then...
Replacing your rear wiper with an '07+ one because you saw it on the site and it looked good and then...
Cutting off the trash can because you realize that it is REALLY UGLY, and how you never noticed until everyone pointed it out and then...
Adding all the cool stuff you saw on the site to your list of future mods, Avalanche CHMSL, TB 20" Wheels, etc. and wondering when the modding will end.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well, you didnt have to do all that for the nav system. My Factory-ish system lets me play CD's and use my nav system.. Of course I cheated and installed a 2 disc Nav system.. Boy that was alot of work..

By the way ladies and gentlemen, I found a way for this to be done on ANY GM Factory Nav system. Costs about 200 or so bucks.. Wonder if there is interest?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
TollKeeper said:
Well, you didnt have to do all that for the nav system. My Factory-ish system lets me play CD's and use my nav system.. Of course I cheated and installed a 2 disc Nav system.. Boy that was alot of work..

By the way ladies and gentlemen, I found a way for this to be done on ANY GM Factory Nav system. Costs about 200 or so bucks.. Wonder if there is interest?

I should own a Nav unit by the end off this week from an 07 Denali, we normally listen to xm but my wife likes cd's too. I'm interested to know how you do the 2 cd thing? Thanks.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Boy that was alot of work..

I read about your 9-7X Nav unit install. I think my way was easier, plus the aftermarket HU really woke up the Bose system.:yes:

TollKeeper said:

On this site there's always interest in a new mod, even if you don't need it.:rotfl:

Edit: fixed it

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Will have to start working on a right up on it then.. Still looking for a Buick Rendevous non-bose system for my wifes car.

By the way, not only does it provide for the use of a nav disc for the nav system, but also allows you to choose inbetween 6 discs... :undecided:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Will have to start working on a right up on it then.. Still looking for a Buick Rendevous non-bose system for my wifes car.

By the way, not only does it provide for the use of a nav disc for the nav system, but also allows you to choose inbetween 6 discs... :undecided:

I've got the 9-7x and so far have listened to one cd in 9 months of course I haven't bought one since 1991. It was much better to listen to internet radio through the entertainment systems in both our 360's. That is until I moved from Blackberry to Iphone and any apple product is just static when plugged into the system. Can't figure that one out so no internet radio until I do.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Get a bluefusion, and bluetooth it..

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Get a bluefusion, and bluetooth it..

I may have to look into that. Just crazy that a cord sold as an ipod/iphone accessory won't work with anything apple but perfect with every other device.

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
You know you're a GMT owner when..
after entering your make & model into the on-line auto parts website... it automatically puts parts needed into your shopping cart... before you get a chance to search for them yourself.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
BuckeyeEvan said:
You know when your a GMT owner when..
after entering your make and model into the online auto parts website... it automatically puts parts need into your shopping cart before you get a chance to search for them yourself.

:rotfl:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
I may have to look into that. Just crazy that a cord sold as an ipod/iphone accessory won't work with anything apple but perfect with every other device.

Stupid as it is I figured out the problem yesterday as to why the Iphone didn't work when plugged into the rear dvd to hear internet radio over the car speakers. Apparently Pandora is received in Mono and not Stereo and I had both audio rca plugs in the rear dvd just like I always had with the Blackberry. I unplugged one of them and it now works as it should. Blackberry worked fine with both audio plugs and for whatever reason the Iphone just gives you static. I hadn't really troubleshot with it before yesterday. Not a fan of Mono but like internet radio 1000 times more than FM.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Maybe I am just a FanBoy.. But thats what BlueFusion is for :cool:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
GM sends you a letter advising you should no longer park in your own garage because the drivers door may catch fire and burn down your house :explode:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
You no longer park in your own garage because the drivers door may catch fire and burn down your house :explode:

I would not think twice about sleeping in mine in the garage....it has been fine this long, GM mailing out a letter wont cause combustion....

Jul 24, 2012
... when your truck runs OK, but you have a list of like 20 things you could do to make it run just a little better.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
When your wife name's it Katonka. When you give the guy in the new derango a head start just to see the look on his face as you fly by.:wootwoot:

tom1999d

Apr 24, 2012
Your 2002 Envoy SLE (beige) with a quarter million miles gets replaced with an '07 Envoy SLT with 96,000 miles (blue) and you think, this one is almost brand new!

Attachments

• 2012-08-31_10.01.29.jpg
    2012-08-31_10.01.29.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member