You know you're a GMT owner when...

JRTAHOE

Saw this on a few different sites and thought it was funny.

It's just listing traits or experiences that are unique to us as GMT owners.

You know you're a GMT owner when you carry a spare ignition switch in your glove conpartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when your front diff goes through your oilpan.

Porkins

When GM will only pay 50% to replace a fuel sender unit

BO TIE SS

Porkins said:
When GM will only pay 50% to replace a fuel sender unit
:hahano:

When you know what a "mega-fuse" is, and find out how not to get a jump.

OP
OP
JRTAHOE

JRTAHOE

When a corporation pisses off a bunch of enthusiast so they go create a new site :rotfl:

Wooluf1952

When you know what the red wire that somebody forgot to connect, is for.

OP
OP
JRTAHOE

JRTAHOE

When you know who the top post whores are on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you decide to clean your throttle body for the hell of it, while you work on something else under the hood

STLtrailbSS

Buying the truck saying "This one will stay stock" turns into a head unit,which leads to 8 subwoofers and 11 speakers then to 143 Leds then $300 CAI and with that you need the PCM tune, Now you have more power so you need better tires, New tires need nicer looking rims, Well now your improving exterior so windows got to be tinted, Well now its starting to look like an SS So take it all the way de-badge and rip off that roof rack. Now my car only looks modded in the daylight time for HIDs or Halos. Now im bored why not power folding mirrors, and caliper paint.....and repeat

Hatchet

You know your an I6 owner when you laugh at someone saying there gunna replace there spark plug wires and there PCV.

STLtrailbSS

jham said:
When you get flagged down by a lifted dodge ram to ask you if you wanna sell your trailblazer
Love It

Seeing the look on the rich man in a Range Rover Super Sport that just got blown off the line by a suv costing less then half of his "supercharged prius engine"

Busterbrown

you're condemning design engineers for 8 very long years of limitations on wheel size and unique bolt patterns. :mad: :hissyfit:

gotspeed1

1) When you see a listing for an 02+ Trailvoy with a V6, you chuckle.

2) When you can't wait to see the next one off prototype part one of the members will create since the is no aftermarket support.

3) When one of your Jeep buddies ask why you don't just buy a Jeep, you reply with "That would be to easy".

STLtrailbSS

gotspeed1 said:
3) When one of your Jeep buddies ask why you don't just buy a Jeep, you reply with "That would be to easy".
I have had the same question concerning the SRT8 I just say "no no no im a man"

I have never heard of this "mega fuse" but I imagine jumping a fuse box isn't too friendly on electronics :no:

- Annual maintenance includes replacing your fan clutch
- You don't bother closing the sunroof in the rain
- LEDs, LEDs, LEDs!
- You look at other GMT's tailpipes to see if they removed their resonators

Just sitting in the driver's seat breaks the seat panel holding the power/non power seat controllers. I've managed to repair mine, so far :dance:

Matt

Silver Supporter
Every time you read that someone replaced their plugs with something other than AC Delco 41-103 and now their truck is running rough, you just shake your head.

07ChevyTruck

Matt said:
Every time you read that someone replaced their plugs with something other than AC Delco 41-103 and now their truck is running rough, you just shake your head.
I hear Denso is a good spark plug to use.

Wooluf1952

When you know what it means to remove the trash can.

OP
OP
JRTAHOE

JRTAHOE

You know you're a GMT Owner when you don't know which intake to buy.

OP
OP
JRTAHOE

JRTAHOE

you fight with a family member and they say "well maybe if you didn't spend all that money in your truck" :redface:

... when you hesitate to disconnect your battery to do some work, fearing you'll lose your any of your HVAC actuators

The_Roadie

Founding Member
Administrator
... you disconnect your battery willy-nilly without fear, because you've already lost your weak actuators and the only ones left are strong like ox.

... you have a 2004 truck, but don't worry about the fan clutch because it died at 34,000 miles and you got a free replacement on your last visit to the dealer you will never set foot in again.

... you relocate your OBDII connector to where you can get at it easier to swap from your Scangauge to your Bluetooth dongle for Torque access.

... you carry a spare ignition switch, front axle actuator, 4WD mode switch, and TCCM to make sure you don't get stranded 20 miles from pavement.

... you need anger management therapy after every time the "GM Customer Svc" posts their inane advice to "make an appointment with your dealer to have that concern addressed (note: your vehicle falls on its bloody face with THEIR design errors and it's now your CONCERN instead of THEIR fuckup?)

You have my promise that useless GM Social Media reps are NOT WELCOME here. :wink:

harmless

the roadie said:
You have my promise that useless GM Social Media reps are NOT WELCOME here. :wink:
:popcorn: We will hold you to that good sir. :cool:

On that note...

... When you've been banned/owned/berated by The Roadie (and don't mind it).

:rotfl:

woody79

When you hear the familiar whining sound coming from another TB and advise them they should replace the idler pulley to get rid of that awful noise :crazy: - True story :yes:

havie22

You know you are a gmt owner when you go to a shop and they dont know what the hell is a corvette servo! What it does and still tell you to bring the truck in and they will give you a good price! Wtf!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
customheating

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom