What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Picked up a new fan clutch and have motor mounts on the way. Good project for this weekend!

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Got any pics of what you put in? Interested to see where you mounted it

Hey guys,
I'll try to take a picture tomorrow, but its a little unit I bought from a car parts store for about $12. It has a 6' wire permanently attached that easily sneaks behind dash trim pieces. I run it out the door and along the inside of the fender to the headlight area. I will try a different spot later on as it picks up some engine temp when idle / stopped. It works great while driving thought which is the point.
When on the highway I like to know if the temperature is rising or dropping so I can get a better idea about weather the road surface is freezing or melting.

Today

I replaced the rear brakes and rotors
-one caliper was siezed - anti cease and a wire wheel fixed that
total cost $40 for bake pads $85 rotors, $12 for anti sieze that I'll have for a long time.
Not sure what I saved but likely $150 worth of labour.:wootwoot:

Satisfaction of a job completed:thumbsup:

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
Just got the Blazer back from the dealer. 70$ for a new fuel sending unit and reman'd front left axle, and rental car for the day. Getting the service plan when we bought the truck is starting to finally show some dividends!

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
mrphoenix80 said:
Me Too. Me too

I'll try to post some pic later.
To give you an idea though it is about 5 inches long, triangle shaped. 1.5" high, tells the indoor and out door temp and time - I leave it on the outdoor display, it is also has a backlight, and is battery operated- 1 AAA (about $12)
Due to it's shape I put it next to the driver pillar on the dash up by the windshield, velcro adhiesive strip works for me, one of those little rubber mats / non slip would work good too. It really hugs in tight to the window so it's not in the way but in your line of sight at all times. Like I said in one of my other replies I will move the sensor around to see if I can get it closer to the road surface so as not to pick up any engine heat.

Easy to instal - don't have to "do" any wire splices or etc just run the wire and put the battery in:wootwoot:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well, i picked up the beaSSt from the dealership on the freakish 65* weather today here in northern OH... the leak turned out to be the clamp on the lower radiator hose... so they replaced the clamp and the hose itself... then the crooked steering wheel just turned out to be an alighnment... how it got that out of whack, in such a short time is beyond me.. i dont have AWD so they didnt have to take off suspension parts to pull my motor for the swap... i dont know what they did to make the alighnment so far off... so they adjusted the toe and called it a day...

20130130_161544.jpg

and home sweet home...
20130130_171444.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Figured it was something simple on that leak. Good news :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Figured it was something simple on that leak. Good news :thumbsup:

good news for now :rotfl:

im still not happy with her... and there are still things wrong (to me at least)... upon turning into the driveway, the damn steering wheel started squeeling again (but the column has been replaces, and so has the power steering pump), and there is a rather louder then normal (or at least it feels rougher then normal) vibration that im feeling now, but only when the truck comes to a stop, and the vibration gets worse when i turn on the HVAC components... but when i give her gas and get moving again, vibration goes away...

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
After checking out the sensor yesterday - unplugged the wires, plugged it back in wiggled around the harness / cleaned a little- every thing is good!!!!
I can't believe it works now without really doing anything. Oh well I'll take it to the bank! Just went for a drive out my road - 5miles of dirt road covered in ice and the wind is blowing 70- 90km/hr ( 45 - 65 mph). TB works great with studded 9ply winter deep track tires. Stuck to the road like glue.

Fog light that I replaced yesterday was out today - so it is likely a wire issue ( they were installed by the previous owner as they are not "factory installed) however they did a good job and at least bought the factory lights so they fit perfectly. I'll chase the wires friday.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:

im still not happy with her... and there are still things wrong (to me at least)... upon turning into the driveway, the damn steering wheel started squeeling again (but the column has been replaces, and so has the power steering pump), and there is a rather louder then normal (or at least it feels rougher then normal) vibration that im feeling now, but only when the truck comes to a stop, and the vibration gets worse when i turn on the HVAC components... but when i give her gas and get moving again, vibration goes away...

I thought a squeaky steering column was normal for these trucks. Mine has a bit of a squeak when I turn the wheel too. Not sure what the vibe may be.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:

Keep on the dealer until they make you happy or they just say go away. You have had a lot of stupid issues that would just piss me off. So good luck and have a great day

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ohh yea, im on the dealer like white on rice... the only reason i still have her is because this is all for free... if this keeps up when then warranty expires next month... shes a goner...

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
if this keeps up when then warranty expires next month... shes a goner...

I'll put my bid in now...$500. :raspberry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I was gonna bid on it too, but the delivery charges would be insane. :frown:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Fire06 said:
I will go $501 Of course the problems have been fixed and it comes with a 1 yr warranty

That goes without saying...$510.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
mapanch said:
$1,000 and i'll come pick it up and give ya a 6 pack

I'll raise the bar to $5000 a home cooked meal and a case of beer :biggrin:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ugh $500 is too much for a car that has been north of georgia

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Bidding has just gone crazy....:yes::yes:
Back to my 510.50 I will round up to 511 and I will BFF you the forum:thumbsup::thumbsup: That has got to be worth alot

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well damn... dont I feel special now :crackup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ran some Seafoam when I got home from work. Decent little smoke show for maybe 3 or 4 minutes, nothing too major. Will change the oil on Monday. Pulled the HVAC controller, noticed one of the LEDs was flickering on the way to work, and out when I came home. :hissyfit:

revamp

Dec 22, 2011
Mansfield, TX
This last weekend I finally removed my running boards. I dig the look for sure! Later that day me and the fam went to dinner. My kids, 8 and 10, opened the door then stared at the truck in confusion. A minute later of staring one of them asked... "Why did you take the step away?" I told them just to get in the car.

Good times.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Well damn... dont I feel special now :crackup:

I'll bid $600 a limited edition Kermit the frog lunchbox, an afro pick, box of toaster struddles ( 1 missing ) and a bottle of patron.........now how bout that offer.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TexazReece said:
I'll bid $600 a limited edition Kermit the frog lunchbox, an afro pick, box of toaster struddles ( 1 missing ) and a bottle of patron.........now how bout that offer.

:puke: Jose Cuervo is MUCH better IMO :tequila:

My offer $1500 a case of Yuengling and a 1/5 of Cuervo :wootwoot:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Too rich for my blood! :rotfl:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
ebahe3as.jpg

I looked at my ss for a minute then I went to the lightning game

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Being 27 deg outside, I let the carwash remove all the road salt.

Attachments

• 0202131535.jpg
    0202131535.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 12

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
Today I Replaced the fan clutch, cleaned the CPAS and added some LED foot well lighting. Will post pics later

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
Yesterday it was a Tstat and coolant flush. No CEL yet but the temp was low around 170F. Then a bath, and a fill up. Then I drove it home 35 miles in the snow and crap. So much for the wash.

Today I wanna see if the "new" LEDS I harvested from a Taillght will do better as a backlight for my IPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online