What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:
Is that a 'hybrid' badge? If so, Awesome! Lol
when i first fired it up after installing a lopey cam and long tubes, i knew it had to be done. i figured once i crank it over people will get the joke... now i have an even bigger cam, and people STILL ask if its really a hybrid... :duh:

STLtrailbSS said:
Well the ss lost 3rd gear today....motherf***er!!!
trans virus going around like the flu!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Yea, no doubt, they finnally dropped the tranny in my XUV today, waiting for the warrenty company to come out and "veiw the carnage"

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You guys keep your sick trucks away from mine! Rolled 170k today and still going strong, I want to keep it that way for another 50k+ if I can!

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Finally got around to replacing my AC Low pressure switch! So far looks like it did the trick. Ac working fine and no warm air! Hope stays that way and if it does it would be by far the easiest fix ever lol

ACDELCO Part# 15-5715
4BB0843E-0EF8-43FC-9D73-072BB6094C6E-41136-0000177360E22E82.jpg

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Been putting it off because I just did it, but I have had this miss at idle and it felt down on power, especially towing the boat, and it has gotten worse and worse over the last couple months. We checked it out with HPTuners and it was running rich at idle, but no other issues showed up. It had an old code stored for a misfire, but I could feel that.

So I did all the normall stuff. Cleaned the injectors, cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, new air filter, started putting high octane fuel in it, seafoamed it, and some other things I cant even remember. Hadnt replaced the plugs and wires because I just did them less than 10k ago. I checked a couple plugs the other day and they looked OK, but it turns out I replaced them with NGK platinums, which is what I have always used in my other LS based engines without issue, even at over 450hp. So I read someplace that these things like iriduim Delcos. I ordered them, and another set of plug wires and put them in last night. WOW what a differance. Back up on power, no more miss at idle. No idea what happened, or why this happened, but all I can think is that I should have just done the iridium plugs to begin with.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
fadyasha said:
Finally got around to replacing my AC Low pressure switch! So far looks like it did the trick. Ac working fine and no warm air! Hope stays that way and if it does it would be by far the easiest fix ever lol

an easier fix is the paper clip mod!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
dang... 3 SS' down for the count... (jimmy's, stl's, and mine)

as for mine, its still sitting at the dealer... its been on the lift since friday afternoon... kinda makes me worried as to why it's been on the lift for 4 days now and why it was leaking coolant after a new motor was installed... my father goes into work tomorrow, so i'll know more then...

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
dang... 3 SS' down for the count... (jimmy's, stl's, and mine)

as for mine, its still sitting at the dealer... its been on the lift since friday afternoon... kinda makes me worried as to why it's been on the lift for 4 days now and why it was leaking coolant after a new motor was installed... my father goes into work tomorrow, so i'll know more then...

Your truck is gonna need counseling by the time they get it all figured out. Probably starts to shake with fear when you pull up to the dealer

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
mapanch said:
Your truck is gonna need counseling by the time they get it all figured out. Probably starts to shake with fear when you pull up to the dealer

i try to make light of the situation honestly lol... they've had it more then i've driven it since last year... even all the salesmen are like "damn man, its back again? Get rid of that thing. Come take a look at this 2SS Camaro" :rotfl: but some of them really do think its BS that ive been back so many times.. and they're starting to apologize to me...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
SOLD IT!!!!!

We finally went back down to 2 GMTs. :wootwoot: Our 2000 Bravada (GMT330) is gone.
Don't get me wrong...it was a fine truck. But it was taking up room in the driveway. (and now we can pay off the 'Hoe)

The only picture I could find...it's on the left.

IMG_4417.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I saw the "sold it" and about freaked out thinking of your SS :eek: :rotfl:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Put in a white face guages and an SS steering wheel on Monday, then this afternoon I cleaned and waxed it, treated the leather. It is so nice now that the wife doesnt drive it.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah, no kidding. I drive 60k a year in my work car, and I haul parts, tools, and eat and drink in it every day and it is still spotless. My wife drives her vehicle to work and back, approximately 50 miles a day, and it looks like a grenade went off in it all the time. I just do not understand how it gets so filthy inside and out.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
I try not to let the vehicles get that bad but it is a full time job because it is damn near bloodly impossible to remove the garbage in the vehicles if you use it. You know heavy stuff like coffee cups, wrappers, bags and clothes.

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
I empty any vehicle I am driving out as soon as I get home and try to clean them in and out about once a week. Unfortunately though, I cant always get to the wife's car, plus she has a knack for making a mess out of it no matter how much I try. Now she drives a Saab 9-3 Viggen convertible, so it isnt as big. Makes it a lot easier to get it clean. Plus she doesnt have quite as much area to make messy. LOL.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
The family is just baffled on how to vacuum a vehicle they have trouble with washing and not doing it in the proper order. Like wheels last or use a separate bucket of wash water for the body and the wheels.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Fire06 said:
The family is just baffled on how to vacuum a vehicle they have trouble with washing and not doing it in the proper order. Like wheels last or use a separate bucket of wash water for the body and the wheels.

My gf bought her Aveo brand new in 06. It never saw wax until I waxed it in 2010. I don't think shes vacuumed it since we waxed it in May. The floor of the backseat has so much crap in it that its level with the seat bottom :eek: Its not trash, I think she lives outa the backseat of that car. CDs, books, jackets, shoes, clothes, dog clothes (sweaters and jackets for the dog) and blankets. I've helped her clean it before and 2 weeks later you couldn't tell. Put a new radio in over the weekend, and I dropped a screw in the backseat - I think i need a tetanus shot after digging in the back seat.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
OK I'll admit I'm not the best at keeping my truck clean but it is a work truck after all. And after reading some of this I don't feel too bad anymore as it never gets like that, ever.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Went and saw it at the dealer. They are telling me that the 2nd gear bands are slightly burnt, 3rd and 4th are roasted. The warrenty company was only willing to pay for a used tranny at 1212.00 dollars. So I get to pay the diference inbetween that, and a GM Reman.

Then the warrenty company tells me that I cant have any more warrenty claims, as inbetween this claim, and my last claim, I have come up to the value of the truck, and they wont pay anymore than that. GRR!

So, I get a new ignition switch, rear wiper motor and GM Blade (for those that know about the XUV, getting the blade is kinda a big deal), a reman tranny (3yr/36k mile warrenty), a new radiator, A new intake manifold and gasket, and 5 days rental car.

Than I am officially on my own since the warrenty company wont pay anymore

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Went and saw it at the dealer. They are telling me that the 2nd gear bands are slightly burnt, 3rd and 4th are roasted. The warrenty company was only willing to pay for a used tranny at 1212.00 dollars. So I get to pay the diference inbetween that, and a GM Reman.

Then the warrenty company tells me that I cant have any more warrenty claims, as inbetween this claim, and my last claim, I have come up to the value of the truck, and they wont pay anymore than that. GRR!

So, I get a new ignition switch, rear wiper motor and GM Blade (for those that know about the XUV, getting the blade is kinda a big deal), a reman tranny (3yr/36k mile warrenty), a new radiator, A new intake manifold and gasket, and 5 days rental car.

I would take a long hard look at the contract before taking it up the :lipsrsealed:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
TollKeeper said:

That's a BS warranty...at least you got the maximum tho. Great choice on the GM reman, a 3 yr GM warranty on a tranny is sure nice to have :thumbsup:

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
TollKeeper said:

ooh that sucks. You might want to take that contract to a lawyer and have them take a look. I didnt think they could deny claims if you paid your premiums. If they are acting like an insurance company, and essentially totalling out the vehicle after this, then they should be giving you what its worth and taking it away. I guess I just dont understand their logic. If you are still within the parameters of the warranty, as in mileage and years, I dont think they can deny a claim. Unless of course they refund your premiums??

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
mapanch said:
My gf bought her Aveo brand new in 06. It never saw wax until I waxed it in 2010. I don't think shes vacuumed it since we waxed it in May. The floor of the backseat has so much crap in it that its level with the seat bottom :eek: Its not trash, I think she lives outa the backseat of that car. CDs, books, jackets, shoes, clothes, dog clothes (sweaters and jackets for the dog) and blankets. I've helped her clean it before and 2 weeks later you couldn't tell. Put a new radio in over the weekend, and I dropped a screw in the backseat - I think i need a tetanus shot after digging in the back seat.

My GF, now my wife for 18 years, was exactly like this when we met. She had a 2 year old Toyota that looked like it was in a war. The paint was almost none existant, the interior stunk like I cant even describe among civilized human beings, the back seat could not even be seen. She got her first job as a school teacher and traded it in on a Celica All-trac. I overheard one of the salesman on the phone when we went in to sign the papers telling someone that they had a clean one owner Toyota owned by a female school teacher, LOL. From that day forward, anytime I hear someone say a vehicle was woman owned I cringe.

She has gotten a lot better over the years. She at least takes some of her stuff in regularly. Now its the damn coffee. I had to take the entire interior out of the TB when she stopped driving it. I hung the carpets over the fence and sprayed them down with cleaner, then pressure cleaned them. Still some stains, but they are much better.

Damage to the vehicle is another issue with her. She hits things and pretends she doesnt even know. I find little dings, scratches, and scuffs all the time. The fog light in her new car mysteriously shattered a week after she started driving it, and she didnt hear a thing and has no idea how it happened. The car is an 01, so the origional fog light lasted 12 years and within a week she destroyed it and has no clue how. I just chuckle now when I find these things. If I let it keep upsetting me I would have a heart attack.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Lol I hate getting in my wifes Grand Prix just a mess inside. Center console filled with old papers snd reciepts etc. and she wonders why I dont want her driving Mayo lol.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
mnypitTBEXT said:
My GF, now my wife for 18 years, was exactly like this when we met. She had a 2 year old Toyota that looked like it was in a war. The paint was almost none existant, the interior stunk like I cant even describe among civilized human beings, the back seat could not even be seen. She got her first job as a school teacher and traded it in on a Celica All-trac. I overheard one of the salesman on the phone when we went in to sign the papers telling someone that they had a clean one owner Toyota owned by a female school teacher, LOL. From that day forward, anytime I hear someone say a vehicle was woman owned I cringe.

She has gotten a lot better over the years. She at least takes some of her stuff in regularly. Now its the damn coffee. I had to take the entire interior out of the TB when she stopped driving it. I hung the carpets over the fence and sprayed them down with cleaner, then pressure cleaned them. Still some stains, but they are much better.

Damage to the vehicle is another issue with her. She hits things and pretends she doesnt even know. I find little dings, scratches, and scuffs all the time. The fog light in her new car mysteriously shattered a week after she started driving it, and she didnt hear a thing and has no idea how it happened. The car is an 01, so the origional fog light lasted 12 years and within a week she destroyed it and has no clue how. I just chuckle now when I find these things. If I let it keep upsetting me I would have a heart attack.

She has the same problem with water/soda bottles. At any given time I can find 4 or 5 that are in various stages of full. CD cases all over the place. She has one of those CD storage binder/book things (as well as the visor CD holder), and the CDs are on the passenger seat (loose) and in the cubbyhole under the stereo. Since she has the CD holders, wtf would you keep the plastic cases all over the damn car?! Shes actually getting better about it than she was 3 1/2 years ago. She bugs me in the Spring about when we (I) are going to wax the car. Does your wife do windows? When I first started dating her, I swear she was a smoker. The windshield was covered in dust - no clue how she could see out the window.:eek:

mnypitTBEXT

Jan 29, 2012
mapanch said:
She has the same problem with water/soda bottles. At any given time I can find 4 or 5 that are in various stages of full. CD cases all over the place. She has one of those CD storage binder/book things (as well as the visor CD holder), and the CDs are on the passenger seat (loose) and in the cubbyhole under the stereo. Since she has the CD holders, wtf would you keep the plastic cases all over the damn car?! Shes actually getting better about it than she was 3 1/2 years ago. She bugs me in the Spring about when we (I) are going to wax the car. Does your wife do windows? When I first started dating her, I swear she was a smoker. The windshield was covered in dust - no clue how she could see out the window.:eek:

No she doesnt do windows. That is something I forgot all about. Her car, when I met her, was so disgusting. I couldnt drive it at night due to the nasty windows. She actually got pissed when I cleaned them. Claimed that now she cant see out them. I was like, you gotta get your eyes checked.

When she says "we" need to clean the car, she actually means I will be doing it. I just take all her crap, put it in a garbage bag and set it on the counter inside. If it stays there more than 24 hours it goes in the garbage can. Obviously she didnt need it. So my "tough love" arrangement has made her be a lot better about not leaving important stuff in there anymore.

Something else that drives me nuts is when she puts her feet on the dash up by the airbag. Footprints all over. Plus, lets think about what happens if the airbag goes off.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Feet i=on the dash really bugs my ass. I really do not like the foot prints there. But it is the wife so it is yes dear and I wipe it off later :hissyfit::hissyfit:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online