What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Passed my Second Attempt at Inspection (after removing the tint brow and putting the covers on my overhead Hella's). Then ended up paying the state of Delaware $81 for two "2-year" stickers. :frown:
One sticker for my regular tag, and another sticker for my Historic Black/White Porcelain tag. But at least now I am good til 7/31 of 2014 :yes:

Also got some connectors put on the Whelen's so they can be quick disco'd, especially now since they are naked without the tint brow. So I will probly leave them off except for shows or whatever. :popo:

BTW, Ordered an IPCW Bermuda Black LED 3rd Brake Light too

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
[GMAP][/GMAP]
jrSS said:
Installed new head light I bought on ebay and put on new serp. belt....runs like a champ. Trimmed the headlight mod for more air flow. Now all I gotta do is change all the fluids. Yay...(frown)

What kind of lights?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Just replaced my pass. side stock headlight. Was getting condensation in it.

Oh ok you put the new assembly in you got. Nice!!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I put new tails on Short BUS

0710121837.jpg

http://gmtnation.com/f33/i-got-my-new-tails-but-4185/#post80890

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
I got an oil change today! My 03 is now at the 78,750 mile mark :raspberry:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ieatglue said:

Geez. Not even broken in yet. I passed 161k miles on my 02 today.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
ieatglue said:

I changed my oil too, 158,187 kilometers [98,293 miles]. Next up is 160,000 kms maintenance services.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Finally got everything I will need to do an oil change and install a new surp. belt. :thumbsup:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Painted my headlights black and gave her a bath.

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_7935.jpg

She still shines up pretty well for being a 10 years old

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Knocked the little plastic piece loose on the bottom of my bumper on the drive home, thanks to some flooded streets in the neighborhood. Guess this is as good a time as any to replace those push pins that I lost a couple summers ago :duh:

Flooded.jpg

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I was goin to practice on my "leaky old headlight" and try the clear corner mod but after taking a chunk of skin off I thought differently. Ouch!!
43eccd34-fac4-db31.jpg

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
jrSS said:
I was goin to practice on my "leaky old headlight" and try the clear corner mod but after taking a chunk of skin off I thought differently. Ouch!!
43eccd34-fac4-db31.jpg

Should be some crackers in the cabinet, no need to chew on your fingers. Ouch, at least your ok though - could have been much worse

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
^^lol^^ lights do not like me. I was goin to paint my avalanche 3rd brake light a while ago when I had the voy and cut the shit outta my hand.... so I ended up just vht'ing the outside inside. Lol

yukon_ride

Apr 13, 2012
Finally changed all 4 shocks, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH BETTER IT RIDES WITH BILSTIEN SHOCK. :biggrin:
I love the way it rides now. Next weekend will be changing the swaybar bushings and links for the front.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
jrSS said:
43eccd34-fac4-db31.jpg

Nice! I got some nice battle wounds when I first started modding lights. The tools still slip from time to time.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jrSS said:
43eccd34-fac4-db31.jpg

smitty5150 said:
Nice! I got some nice battle wounds when I first started modding lights. The tools still slip from time to time.

:undecided: I thought about making my warning in the write up about wearing gloves in a huge font, and some obnoxious color so people wouldn't miss it. Guess I should have done that after all! :raspberry: I had some battle scars myself afterwards too. :banghead:

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Started experimenting with paint on my typical corroded rims... Paint the spokes and leave the inlays alone since they don't get nasty. Trial run, clean the tire off once the paint is good and dry... My TB is sandstone met.

View attachment 21812

Attachments

• New wheel.jpg
    New wheel.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 20

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
McGMT said:
Started experimenting with paint on my typical corroded rims... Paint the spokes and leave the inlays alone since they don't get nasty. Trial run, clean the tire off once the paint is good and dry... My TB is sandstone met.

View attachment 8011

looks good, what type of paint? Did you do any prep work?

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
SBUBandit said:
looks good, what type of paint? Did you do any prep work?

Thanks..

For prep all I did was use a 60 grit flap disc to take off the old clear and any corrosion. Then I used a 120 grit flap to take off the roughness and polish up the surface to a smooth texture with just enough key to hold onto the paint. The 120 grit wheel did a real nice job and hardly removes any material so you can really get into it without worrying about taking off too much or putting grooves into the face of the rim.

Taped off the insets and used Rustoleum Professional rattle can primer. Two coats within 2 minutes of eachother. Then 5 minutes later top coated with Rusto Professional - High Performance Enamel in a rattle can.

It turned out decent, nice and smooth finish with no runs, no orange peel. Really surprised how well that paint covered and all, looks about perfect...

Going to take a better pic tomorrow in the bright sun, that picture doesn't look half as good as it really looks...

:wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I like it :thumbsup: Are those LED tails?

Yes they are.

McGMT said:
Thanks..

For prep all I did was use a 60 grit flap disc to take off the old clear and any corrosion. Then I used a 120 grit flap to take off the roughness and polish up the surface to a smooth texture with just enough key to hold onto the paint. The 120 grit wheel did a real nice job and hardly removes any material so you can really get into it without worrying about taking off too much or putting grooves into the face of the rim.

Taped off the insets and used Rustoleum Professional rattle can primer. Two coats within 2 minutes of eachother. Then 5 minutes later top coated with Rusto Professional - High Performance Enamel in a rattle can.

It turned out decent, nice and smooth finish with no runs, no orange peel. Really surprised how well that paint covered and all, looks about perfect...

Going to take a better pic tomorrow in the bright sun, that picture doesn't look half as good as it really looks...

:wootwoot:

Did you use any clear coat? I would recommend it as it would help protect the paint from getting chipped up too much.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Sparky said:
Yes they are.

Did you use any clear coat? I would recommend it as it would help protect the paint from getting chipped up too much.

Yea, I am going to, I wanted to let it dry a night before I clear over it, this enamel is a real rubbery kind of paint. Plus on the edges since it is a sharp edge where it steps in it left a slight bit of overhanging paint after I took off the tape so I want it to set up and run a blade up the edge to trim that off before i seal it all up good and hard...

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I had the front struts replaced and 4 new tires. I was hoping to fix a strange sound I have been having (sounded like road noise from around the tires) and my tires were close to being bald. The new tires did not fix the sound and now I think it is the front bearings. I get to spend tomorrow looking at that. Hopefully, I can get it fixed soon. I leave for a 2 week road trip next week...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jrSS said:
Paid the yearly vehicle registration....:frown:

How much did it cost you? Was I pretty close on my guess?

I got my bill in from DMV a few days ago, $165 for both mine and the wife's Bravada. :raspberry:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Changed out my drivers side tie rod end...easy 1/2 job, no pickle fork or puller required.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Just forked out a ton of cash to get the front end parts, wheel bearing and front diff seal changed.

So much for getting ahead. :hissyfit:

Gary M

Jul 12, 2012
I changed my CPS and CPAS today, easy-breezy quick job with no issues. Then I cleared the codes and rechecked: Shows P0017 pending.

No CEL

Started it, shut it off, cleared the codes, rechecked: Still shows P0017 pending.

No CEL

Took it for a drive, cleared the codes, rechecked: STILL shows P0017 pending.

No CEL

Guess I'm looking at a crank sensor now too.

:mad: $##@%&@$# :mad:

Cheers!

Gary

P.S. 1st post here. Thanks for the invite CdnGMan

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Was curious about my air filter. I tore the filter box apart and lone behold.....k&n filter. Woooha!!! Needed cleaned,dirty as hell. Now the ss can breathe.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
Finally Got back from forced vac/trip, I just ordered EBC Stock Replacement Rotors, to go with EBC Green stuff pads i also got. :wootwoot: Hope they get here fast to do install. Will take pics and post as soon as possible. I need to confirm with Roadie to see if we can meet to do the job :2thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
dropped her off at the dealership with a blown tranny :sadcry:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
^^ knock on wood.....mine has 103000 on it and it still runs good(motor and tranny). Hope it stays that way. I also have a 35000 mile p.t. warranty. If mine does go hopefully its within this time.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jrSS said:
^^ knock on wood.....mine has 103000 on it and it still runs good(motor and tranny). Hope it stays that way. I also have a 35000 mile p.t. warranty. If mine does go hopefully its within this time.

is that an aftermarket warranty then? because your 5yr/100k mile powertrain warranty is expired... i have my GMPP through January 2013 or 62k miles... and obviously i'll hit the year before miles... so whatever is wrong is being covered... but im afraid that this is the last draw for her :sadcry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chappymate

Members Online