What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TexazReece said:
Why not the led's bro

I have quad brake/tail/turns, these will get spider lights later.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
for some reason, those taillights remind me of the Envoy taillight covers... and i am not a fan of those... interested to see how these will look on your truck Shawn...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Swapped my ignition switch and that wasn't my starting problem. Its the starter. Figures.

Also found out that my sunroof is apparently NOT a factory install. The sunroof fuse in the rear block does nothing. The two mystery fuses in my dash run the sunroof. Interesting. It must have been installed by a dealer later on I guess. I just pulled out the original window sticker and it doesn't have the sunroof listed there either.

Third thing I noticed is there is a plastic plug on the underside of the steering column that, when removed, reveals the emergency key release button. Nice to know in case my battery ever dies and locks my keys in the ignition.

So I guess my to-do list has now grown some more.

Replace clutch fan with efans
Replace thermostat and water temp sensor (while I have it all apart it just makes sense to do)
Flush coolant system
Replace bad AC pulley bearing
Replace starter
And a tune to kill the fan codes + all other known benefits

It hit 160k miles and got grumpy on me :crazy:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
for some reason, those taillights remind me of the Envoy taillight covers... and i am not a fan of those... interested to see how these will look on your truck Shawn...

A while back when I was taking the board off of my left tail the top tap that the screw goes into broke, so I wanted to do something with my tails.

1) Buying 1 tail + nite-shades = PITA to match + my back up lights aren't tinted as dark, so even more of a PITA.

2) Buying 2 OEM tails = stock :no:

3) Buying 2 OEM tails + nite-shades = Why not just buy aftermarket tails for the same or less money and if I feel the need I can tint them later.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
Nice :thumbsup:

Now the big ??? Lift, Lower, or YO-YO? :raspberry:

jrSS said:
Sweet man!! Make sure its what u want. Then go for it.

Smitty..what are the plans u have for it??

That's easy......I have no clue!!:rotfl:

Seriously, I am seeing a MarkMC lift and some 32" shoes if I get it. 4x4 needs to be lifted. I'll be buying a "street" project this fall to cure the lowered itch. I might even keep the s10 if the price is right, use it for the project. Strip it down to bare frame and build it, which was kinda the ulimate plan anyway.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
jrSS said:
Make sure its what u want.

Havn't you realized that smitty doesnt, and never will, ever, know what he truely wants.

Although hes pretty certain that he wants my truck :raspberry:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
jrSS said:
Lol no opinion. I am 2 shy as many vehicles as he's owned.

How many suspension mods have you done on them? How many times on the same vehicle? Before he sold the green monster, he would just look at it a certain way and it would lift / lower itself. :rotfl:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Give the guy a break...he loves customization. You can't be lowered and lifted at the same time with just one tb.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Give the guy a break...he loves customization. You can't be lowered and lifted at the same time with just one tb.

I think he just needs to install hydraulics next time :rotfl:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Sparky said:
I think he just needs to install hydraulics next time :rotfl:

A 3 wheel motion TB??? Now that's unique! :pictures:

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
CdnGMan said:
That makes 2 of us!!! I totally envy guys who can do that stuff... :smile:

Don't you mean...envOy the guys who can do that stuff??? Eh? Anyone? Anyone? :wink:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
So yesterday, Canyonaro took the Missus & I up north into Harmless territory to meet with Stef & his wife... it's safe to say that a good time was had by all and surprisingly, Stef managed to get through most of what I had on the "to do" list for him... :rotfl:

Upon arriving at Stef's place, I pull up to find that he's raring to go...

View attachment 21664

Ok, so no big deal I think, as I know that he's been pretty eager to have us come up there... but little did I know that the guy lives on a freaking hill and getting Canyonaro up on ramps was going to be so much of a challenge - it took me almost 5 minutes of egging her on to finally get her up on those ramps... I seriously wish I had a pic of the slope, etc...

View attachment 21672

So first off, we decide to tackle the LED eyebrows... and after much debate, we decided that running them under the light would look better...

View attachment 21665

Once that decision was made, it was time to silicone those bad boys on...

View attachment 21668

Since we had to let them cure, I had Stef tackle the GPS power cable relocation that's been a thorn in my side for ages... he basically had to run the GPS power cable behind the dash and up the A pillar... needless to say that the end result looks freaking awesome!! I couldn't be any happier with it!! The best part is that when the truck is off, it has NO power and shuts the GPS off... the best part about the mod is that there's NO huge plg cluttering up the front of the gearshift (I'll have to take a pic of that!) I love that mod!! :thumbsup:

View attachment 21670

So after that was done, we tackled the windshield washer pump - the front one apparently went tits-up a while ago... :confused: I had picked up a replacement pump on Saturday since Stef said that it would be an easy fix with us already having the headlight out for the eyebrows to cure... it seemed as though someone had changed the pump - it wasn't the correct one that was in the package!!! :hissyfit: thankfully enough the stores in Midland were open on the "holiday Monday" while all the stores down in Toronto were closed... go figure...

Now if any of you have had to change that pump, you'll know that you lose way more washer fluid than you thought possible... so picture Stef and I trying to get BOTH our hands back there to do the following: remove the old pump from the reservoir, plug the hole, disconnect the hose from the old pump, connect the hose to the new pump and then reset the new pump into the finger-plugged hole... sounds simple right? not so much...

After replacing the pump, we notice that the power plug was too small... as it turned out, we replaced the rear pump instead of the front one... :eek: so we had to do our "hand acrobatics" all over again to put the good rear pump back and then switch out the faulty front one... good lord... they were sitting side-by-side, so we had a 50-50 chance of picking the wrong one... LOL!!! :raspberry:

After that fiasco, we started to tackle the interior stuff that I had on his agenda... :wink: mainly, the wiring for the eyebrows & the footwell LEDs...
So went in the house to check on the ladies and came back to this:

View attachment 21671
Can you say intense, dedicated & excited to get to work??? :rotfl:
He's like a freaking surgeon!!!

Now, if you've ever met Stef, he tends to do the weirdest things as times... case in point, he's got a floor crawler thingy to use when he's doing stuff under the truck...
View attachment 21674

You'll notice the position of him and the location of the crawler... and the best part is that it's holding his tools!!!
I think the thing that surprised me the most out of that was the sheer speed he was under my truck... I mean, one minute he's chatting about what he's planning on doing, and then 2 seconds later, he's laying under it... it was like something out of The Dukes of Harzard... no joke!! :yes:

The long & the short of it is that we ran out of time to complete the interior wiring - I wish I could've been more help with the hooking up of the relays, etc... I know that 2 brains would've been better than 1 in that case for sure.... :frown:

The upside is that I'll be heading back up there in the near future to complete the interior stuff and to switch out the eyebrows - yes, I know I just installed them, but as luck would have it, the colors don't match!! :lipsrsealed:

I had bought 4 strips and matched them up into 2 sets of 2... simple right? wrong! turns out that after buttoning everything up, one strip failed to light up... no biggie we say, cuz the strips are only siliconed on and we still have the other 2 strips... so we test those 2 strips BEFORE we siliconed them on.. good thing as one of the 2 had 3 dead LEDs on it... we use the remaining good one and get that all set up... life is good and Stef & I are belly bumping since we're so happy... needless to say that our happiness was short-lived...

It turns out that the 2 remaining strips don't match!! The driver's side is more like a 6000k while the other is close to 5300k... :hissyfit:

See for yourself...
View attachment 21676

I'm happy with the result, but disappointed with the LEDs.. it's hard to believe that they were ordered as part of the same order and yet could look so different... but like I said, since they're only siliconed in, changing them out won't be a big deal at all...

A big thanks to Stef & the Missus for hosting us for the day...
We had a blast and will be coming back to hit that chip truck again soon and to take some shots of the area!! :thumbsup:

If there are any other fellow Southern Ontario peeps, I seriously encourage you to make the trip up with me next time - it's an easy drive up the 400...
There's lots of great scenery to be had too!!

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2893.JPG
    IMG_2893.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2894.jpg
    IMG_2894.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2900.jpg
    IMG_2900.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 9

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
CdnGMan said:
So yesterday, Canyonaro took the Missus & I up north into Harmless territory to meet with Stef & his wife...

I love a good story! :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
They look good!!! I do see the color difference however....I am sure u will receive a bill in the mail.lol good work

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
off to a car cruise with my friend in his Impala SS
He has a good looking clone, but he should shave the hood ornament and color match the side mirrors and the chrome strip on the front bumper. :twocents:

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
He has a good looking clone, but he should shave the hood ornament and color match the side mirrors and the chrome strip on the front bumper. :twocents:

Yeah it is a caprice but he had swapped in the differential and trans and the lt1 interceptor engine and computer and has done the suspension so its a good work in progress. We were just talking about the chrome at the show thats definitely on the list

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Driving her back to my hometown longggg driveeeeee

b622516e.jpg

f429af6e.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Unnamed road?! :rotfl: Oh man should I even ask about that loll

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Decided to clean the TB today. Note to self .... do not do this again in 90+ heat :lipsrsealed: :crazy:

I wasn't experiencing any symptoms or issues. I just thought after 87,000 miles, that it was about time it was done. I haven't done it since we got the vehicle back in 2010. I found it supprisingly easy to do using the directions on gmtnation :thumbsup: Anyway here are a few before and after pics.

Before:
View attachment 21686

View attachment 21687

After:
View attachment 21688

View attachment 21688

I also cleaned up all the plastic in the engine bay, also tried cleaning the engine a little. Not a great picture. Also didn't really have anything good to detail the plastic parts with, just used armor all cleaner to clean the dirt up.

View attachment 21689

Attachments

• Before2.JPG
    Before2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 95
  • After 2.JPG
    After 2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 97

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Looool weird but now it's showing the highway number! So after 10hrs of driving and over 1200 kilometerS I got around 250kilos to the boarder :sadcry:

Poor quality pic taken now during a nature call :tongue:
6412d928.jpg

Sunlight finally
a78fa92e.jpg

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
So yesterday, Canyonaro took the Missus & I up north into Harmless territory to meet with Stef & his wife...

A big thanks to Stef & the Missus for hosting us for the day...
We had a blast and will be coming back to hit that chip truck again soon and to take some shots of the area!! :thumbsup:

If there are any other fellow Southern Ontario peeps, I seriously encourage you to make the trip up with me next time - it's an easy drive up the 400...
There's lots of great scenery to be had too!!

:dielaugh: :rotfl: :dielaugh: :rotfl: :dielaugh: :rotfl: :dielaugh: :rotfl:

THAT was the funniest post I've read in a while!! Well done Greg! Well done!

The whole time I was reading this, I had one song stuck in my head...

[video=youtube;ET3Wb7CE0LU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET3Wb7CE0LU[/video]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It was a great time! Greg's quite the slave driver! :raspberry: I'll admit he did very well at keeping my ADHD in check! He only had to tell me, what, 16 or so times to refocus on my currently assigned task. :biggrin:

And for the record, yes, I'm that anal about how I organize my workspace... in the beginning. I notice a lack of "after" pics... my work area wasn't so tidy! :crazy:

Greg whined about the hill, the ramps, the space... Drove up them like a rookie. I was comphy with the setup - hell, I put harmless up on those all the time!! :yes:

windy%2Bbo%2Bexp.jpg

I think I freaked Greg out when I dove under this truck a-la-Dukes of Hazzard!! Just like that, from conversation to *POOF* under the truck and pulling wire. I don't think the shock of seeing this fat french guy dive legs first under the Canyonardo and completely disapear under it had a chance to even wear off before he noticed the crawler I took out...

Like an Intel chip trying to divide by zero, he just could not wrap his head around this process!! :crazy:

Then he realized what was ON the crawler.

I still think I heard something in his mind go "pop!" :rotfl::rotfl:

Greg, I'm sorry if that little episode will end up costing you a little more in therapy bills... :tongue:

I can't wait till you gus come back so I can finish up the work!!

And yes, my door and garage are always open to friends and members!! Just do me a favour, if you're gonna come down and make me work, one truck at a time please! I'm not the quickets of workers - and I don't have that much parking space!

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjones1390

Members Online