What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Yes it does. Use a flat head screw driver to pop out the (7) clips. There are four clips across the top, one on the bottom on each corner, and (1) clip in the middle. The new grille only uses (6) clips as the one in the middle is no longer needed.

Ok, cool thanks.

I have my wheels plasti-dipped so I may leave it fully black to match. We will see:undecided:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
24v 4.2 said:
Ok, cool thanks.

I have my wheels plasti-dipped so I may leave it fully black to match. We will see:undecided:

True. You could always plasti dip the frame of the grille. If you do not like it you can peel it off. The grill itself is a high gloss abs plastic, whereas plasti dip has a flat finish. Whatever you decide post some pics. :thumbsup:

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
True. You could always plasti dip the frame of the grille. If you do not like it you can peel it off. The grill itself is a high gloss abs plastic, whereas plasti dip has a flat finish. Whatever you decide post some pics. :thumbsup:

I thought that may be the best plan. We will see, I do like your color match.:biggrin:

wesman43

Apr 30, 2013
Replaced my broken headlight mount..stupid deer-_-View attachment 29240

And sanded and sprayed black enamel on the headlight clips so they will never rust!!
Dmanns!! That looks great! What tail lights do you have?!?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372639772569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372639772569.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372639822989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372639822989.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 18

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Those are the Black Bermuda style tail lights. Kind of pricey, but you can find them on ebay.

Chevrolet Trailblazer 2002 2009 Tail Lamps LED Bermuda Black Inpro | eBay

I think they look 10x better tinted

SNC14321.jpg

shrek77

Mar 30, 2012
Drove her over 300 miles today and got 22mpg highway. Incase you didn't believe me pic taken at half of a tank remaining. When I refilled tank it was 11.47 gallons for 253 miles.
View attachment 29241

Attachments

• 20130630_110558.jpg
    20130630_110558.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 19

Carolina_Jake

Jun 7, 2013
Blckshdw said:
I can tell you were having a good time painting, you painted ALL of the tape too! :raspberry:

Edit: Nevermind, my laptop screen made the blue part look like overhead light glare :duh:

HAHAHA Exactly what my laptop screen did too... looks good any how

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
wesman43 said:
Dmanns!! That looks great! What tail lights do you have?!?

Fr34kout is correct. They are made by IPCW, style is Bermuda black led taillights. I also have the IPCW bermuda black Avalanche 3rd brake light. I have been debating about night shading my taillights and 3rd brake light, but I am still on the fence. I think they look great tinted on black, silver, and white TBs. How easy is it to remove the night shade?

What does everyone think. Night shade taillights and 3rd brake light or leave as is? Here is what they currently look like.

View attachment 29243

Ryda55555 said:
We need something like this for envoys, i would buy it even if they cost $4-500

Spec-D has a good selection of taillights for the Envoy at CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

Attachments

• 20130518_160113.jpg
    20130518_160113.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 46

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
The only aftermarket I've ever seen for Envoys are these type

02 08 GMC Envoy Tail Lights Rear Brake Lamps Black Blk Assembly LH RH Pair New | eBay

Personally I think they look horrible. The stock lights don't exactly look good, but sprayed with either VHT red for all red, VHT Niteshade for tinted, or swapping to Ascenders looks way better to me.

Dmann I say you tint them, but removing it isn't easy like Plastidip. It's regular paint, so you need to use thinner to remove it. I would honestly spend the extra money to take them to a body shop to have sprayed the correct way. Tinted clear as a base coat, and covered with clear afterwards. Sanded and buffed, it will look like a mirror. Nite shade I noticed had a brown tinge to it in direct sun light, and it also has red inside so it made my orange turn signals look red. Overall it looked significantly better when sprayed with true automotive paint out of a gun.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
fr34kout said:
The only aftermarket I've ever seen for Envoys are these type

02 08 GMC Envoy Tail Lights Rear Brake Lamps Black Blk Assembly LH RH Pair New | eBay

Personally I think they look horrible. The stock lights don't exactly look good, but sprayed with either VHT red for all red, VHT Niteshade for tinted, or swapping to Ascenders looks way better to me.

Dmann I say you tint them, but removing it isn't easy like Plastidip. It's regular paint, so you need to use thinner to remove it. I would honestly spend the extra money to take them to a body shop to have sprayed the correct way. Tinted clear as a base coat, and covered with clear afterwards. Sanded and buffed, it will look like a mirror. Nite shade I noticed had a brown tinge to it in direct sun light, and it also has red inside so it made my orange turn signals look red. Overall it looked significantly better when sprayed with true automotive paint out of a gun.

Yea, not a big fan of those
I wanna tint mine darker but dont want any light or cop issues
Maybe i'll try and locate a pair of ascender tails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Should sand off all the printing on the lenses :tongue:

I know, now I'm giving you more work! :rotfl:

wesman43

Apr 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Fr34kout is correct. They are made by IPCW, style is Bermuda black led taillights. I also have the IPCW bermuda black Avalanche 3rd brake light. I have been debating about night shading my taillights and 3rd brake light, but I am still on the fence. I think they look great tinted on black, silver, and white TBs. How easy is it to remove the night shade?

What does everyone think. Night shade taillights and 3rd brake light or leave as is? Here is what they currently look like.

View attachment 15823

Spec-D has a good selection of taillights for the Envoy at CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

Found these exact one on newegg(lmaowut?) For $221 with free shipping I'm placing my order today!

Just ordered Morimoto mini h1 retrofit kit with the new 6.0 minis!!!!

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
Took 2 broken center consoles and made 1 not broken center console. Finally installed the new mirrors i got with the hail storm in 2012.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Has anyone tried adhesion promoter when using VHT night shade instead of sanding the taillight lens? :undecided: If for some reason you had to/wanted to remove the night shade, you would have to replace your taillights. I am assuming it would be fine as the adhesion promoter is clear and is used with plastics.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
I've removed niteshade several times from my lenses. First I never sanded my lights in the first place. A simple acid wash followed by degreaser and a quick wipe of thinner got the surface clean enough for the paint to stick. To remove I used thinner, microfibers, and a lot of elbow grease.

The one time I did sand my lights, my cousin buffed them out using a rotary buffer and some buffing compound and the lights looked brand new.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Wow crazy selection of things, they're turning into Amazon lol. Only knew they had computer parts.

Edit: Holy shit their prices are ridiclious. a 7/8" cushion clamp for $41. One of these

A0YM_1_20130226129291499.jpg

Can find them on Amazon for less than half the price.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
Newegg is just aggregating from other sellers. Like Amazon does. Those products aren't sold by newegg, they just use their website. For example those sights are sold by opticsplanet if you read the site

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
Got my Spec D grille today. Not sure if I will paint the part surrounding the mesh or not...:undecided:

Attachments

• 20130701_180941.jpg
    20130701_180941.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20130701_180925.jpg
    20130701_180925.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20130701_180814.jpg
    20130701_180814.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19

yodaddy4200

Feb 3, 2013
Just about done with the transfer case fluid change. MAY03LT. Thanks again for all the amazingly helpful videos bro!!

Oh for any one with rattling sounds. (My truck sounded like it was going to fall apart) The bar going across the bottom of the truck was rattling off of the plastic (armour) that sits right above it covering the gas tank. Thought i was going to be doing endlinks here soon NOPE!! Just gonna leave that pos bar off so when i hit a sewer cover my truck doesnt sound like its going to fall apart!!:biggrin:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
24v 4.2 said:
Got my Spec D grille today. Not sure if I will paint the part surrounding the mesh or not...:undecided:

I like it. The black grille goes well with the black rims and running boards. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could play around with photo shop and see what it would look like color matching before painting. I think it gives the TB a more aggressive look :yes:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Snagged up a LS7 Throttle Body and a new armrest off TBSSowners that place is worse than ebay for my bank
throttle will be here Wednesday and should see some longtubes pretty soon in the mail

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Just curious, what do you have done that warrants an LS7 tb? I was under the assumption that the LS2 was good enough even for a decent power adder, but your 6.0 is a whole different beast compared to my 5.3

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
The LS7 shows no actual HP improvement what so ever the motor is stronger and the throttle response is improved. Also its get rid of a throttle flutter that mine suffers from. Just a better TB to run over OEM A lot of boost guys run it beacause of a problem with 'Limp Mode" being triggered by the other TB

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Snagged up a LS7 Throttle Body and a new armrest off TBSSowners that place is worse than ebay for my bank
throttle will be here Wednesday and should see some longtubes pretty soon in the mail

So your the one that got the armrest......Grrrrrrrrrrrr:hissyfit: lol jk

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I like it. The black grille goes well with the black rims and running boards. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could play around with photo shop and see what it would look like color matching before painting. I think it gives the TB a more aggressive look :yes:

I may just leave it for now. Or plasti-dip the surround as you suggested the other day. Next up is a belltech 2/3 drop, then headlight retrofit. I am planning to sand and colormatch the grey center of the inside, and fit projectors, clear corners, and amber led strips up the corners and across the bottom.

Do I need anything other than the 2/3 kit from belltech?

A arms, etc?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
24v 4.2.....yes you'll need tonys modified uca's. Theres way more you can get... other than the drop and uca's. Pan hard bar....shorter endlinks...new rear control arms etc. But for an economical drop you'll just need the drop and uca's.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
TexazReece said:
So your the one that got the armrest......Grrrrrrrrrrrr:hissyfit: lol jk

Oh yay buddy I have lived with my elbow indented armrest for about a year now!:rotfl: its for my health

wesman43

Apr 30, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
Oh yay buddy I have lived with my elbow indented armrest for about a year now!:rotfl: its for my health

Provides a nice lovely cushiony hole for you to stick your elbow :thumbup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:

I have one of those :hissyfit:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
A porsche carrera parked beside me while i was getting food today... But thats not the good part lol the good part was that he waited for me to get back to tell me he liked my truck :redface::wootwoot:
But he also asked me where my center caps were, so i stopped by a canadian tire and bought a can of stainless steel silver to spray my caps, the cap matched up very nicely with my rims so hopefully its not too off but imma need to sand a lot
But i've been taking it easy on my gas pedal and iim getting 474kms per tank compared to 430-440 i was getting before the tune so hopefully it stays like that if my foot stays light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danbrennan

Members Online