What did you do to your GMT today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Shredded my tire on my SS. ran over somethin punctured the tire and by time I had time to realize tire was flat and tpms sensor went off the tire was no good. When tire was dismounted there was shredded rubber. Hmmm. I know that if u run tires either with low or no air it does this.... anyway getting tire replaced with a used one. Did not damage wheel well fire stone of course did during dismount. Luckily for them I was at work and my wife took the wheel in for me.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
fadyasha said:
I was adjusting my rear view mirror and this happened lol

7E12DC0F-C489-4A0C-AF88-53E9FD2551E3-7930-000003C7768B76F1.jpg

I like how you can see your ride's reflection across the way.....

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Drove to Bahrain and was pouring like crazy. We had lunch and after firing her up the 4wd service light is on and nothing on the indicator. Gonna pull out fuse 8 and turn the switch around 20-30 times like it says in the 4wd thread and see what happens :s

Update: that did the trick! Thank god wasn't the TCCM lol

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Got 2 stock rsa's and had one mounted today. Bought them for $70. About half tread left on both ....

nite_shiver

Dec 28, 2012
my a/c clutch pully bearing is shot. found out today that i can get a aftermarket bracket and pully for it and remove the comp. alltogether..and i found out the other day that i have a fuel leak by the tank.. so i know what i am doing this weekend.. lol..

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
nite_shiver said:
my a/c clutch pully bearing is shot. found out today that i can get a aftermarket bracket and pully for it and remove the comp. alltogether..and i found out the other day that i have a fuel leak by the tank.. so i know what i am doing this weekend.. lol..

Yup you can. I changed the bearing around 3 weeks ago! Truck sounded like a jet ready for take off. It was Pretty embarassing when I'd be picking up my wife and her friends lol

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Rotated the tires, re torqued transmission pan bolts to hopefully remedy a slight leak and gave it a much needed bath.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Gave it a bath, then drove down to Warren to pickup a pair of Husky Liners for the back seats. I bought the Front ones years ago and the cargo area last year, so now I have a full set of Husky Liners. Only paid $35 for the back seat ones today. They fit great and work awesome:thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
TBSS - Today I removed the two amps and the sub. I have to finish covering the box, build the mounting frame and run my new power wire. A nice project for winter so it will be ready for meets in the spring.

'Hoe - Still working on the homemade LED DRLs. The first set failed. The LED calculator called for 1/4 watt resistors. Well, that didn't work out so well. Yesterday I received my new 3 watt resistors in the mail. :wooot:

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
got brand new front rotors, front calipers/pads installed...replaced both front sway bar links

and gave it a bath

(just in time for more snow)

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
Cleaned the tb on the new addtion to the stable. It looked like it was never done.

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 17

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Replacing the passengers side load resistor...I hate hyperflash!

05EnvoyXL

Dec 27, 2012
Purchased prolly the closest bolt on Denali style grille insert for my Envoy XL SLT. Looks like a Denali but its prolly temporary lol. Waiting til Feb to purchase the real thing from gmpartsdirect.com $412 with shipping for a OEM Envoy Denali grill....eehh not bad :wootwoot:

Slow_Sc3

Oct 20, 2012
Replaced front speakers with new Kenwood 6.5's and completely deleted the secondary air pump :biggrin:. Now waiting on my new air intake setup to come in the mail and a pcm tune!

Bscfrank914

Aug 10, 2012
Finally got around to taking pictures. Brand new Pioneer AVH 2500 BT. Never saw an aftermarket radio in a 9-7x yet. The GMOS-100 is giving me problems. Crutchfield is sending me a new one asap to retain my steering wheel controls and onstar. Well here it is!
View attachment 25674

Attachments

• radio 1.jpg
    radio 1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 34

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bscfrank914 said:
Finally got around to taking pictures. Brand new Pioneer AVH 2500 BT. Never saw an aftermarket radio in a 9-7x yet. The GMOS-100 is giving me problems. Crutchfield is sending me a new one asap to retain my steering wheel controls and onstar. Well here it is!
View attachment 11482

Looks good man. :yes:

:undecided: What's that vertical slot to the right of your HU?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Looks good man. :yes:

:undecided: What's that vertical slot to the right of your HU?

It's either the slot for the Nav disc or an extra cup holder...can't remember which. :confused:

dockers

Dec 12, 2012
Gutted intake "box". Pain in the a** using a dremel. Don't notice a sound difference like others have stated they get. ah well....better flow is never bad.

Bscfrank914

Aug 10, 2012
dockers said:
I think its an extra cup holder

Yup your right. Its a pointless cupholder that can only handle a 16oz water bottle, and if your lucky ,a medium coffee. It is very unstable. However it is a Saab trademark to have cup holder like that in their vehicles.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Some days I just hate my truck...and today is one of those days :hissyfit:. I gave up and took it to a local mechanic to try and find my front end clunking noise, it turns out to be a left front end link and left outer tie rod. I saw the play in both and will have to get those changed, sucks. I still got a oily leak near back of engine but I can't find it. I pulled that plug and saw no leaks near rear main. Pinion seal is wet but comes from above it and it's mostly on the right bottom side of housing. Back to the dealer for them to look at and last time they said there is no leak :confused:, I know talking to the dealer is gonna be frustrating as hell :hissyfit:. Last time they overfilled the oil 1/4 inch on dip stick, and now I'm down almost 2 dots and can't verify how much oil it's used. Is there suppose to be a door where the oil filter goes cuz I don't have one, anymore, I guess. I also gotta buy the a/c belt the eliminate the belt squeal that I have right now, my truck goes through a/c belts every 30,000 km or so. I get home an put it in the garage and notice the temp needle and display no longer lighting up. Both defrost button back lights in the hvac haven't worked forever. Monday I blew a left low beam and now can't decide what to replace with. And to top it all off my sled is in pieces waiting for some parts from the States.

Glad I could vent...

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
I hear you. Mines not that bad, but there is always something little going on. Nothing major but still. I've had less go wrong with all my vehicles in the last 19 years. Maybe I've been lucky, but every vehicle I've had has just been regular maintenance, (and I only buy used and keep for 5 to 10 years). Now I'm ranting. Lol. I still love this truck though.

dockers

Dec 12, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Some days I just hate my truck...and today is one of those days :hissyfit:. I gave up and took it to a local mechanic to try and find my front end clunking noise, it turns out to be a left front end link and left outer tie rod. I saw the play in both and will have to get those changed, sucks. I still got a oily leak near back of engine but I can't find it. I pulled that plug and saw no leaks near rear main. Pinion seal is wet but comes from above it and it's mostly on the right bottom side of housing. Back to the dealer for them to look at and last time they said there is no leak :confused:, I know talking to the dealer is gonna be frustrating as hell :hissyfit:. Last time they overfilled the oil 1/4 inch on dip stick, and now I'm down almost 2 dots and can't verify how much oil it's used. Is there suppose to be a door where the oil filter goes cuz I don't have one, anymore, I guess. I also gotta buy the a/c belt the eliminate the belt squeal that I have right now, my truck goes through a/c belts every 30,000 km or so. I get home an put it in the garage and notice the temp needle and display no longer lighting up. Both defrost button back lights in the hvac haven't worked forever. Monday I blew a left low beam and now can't decide what to replace with. And to top it all off my sled is in pieces waiting for some parts from the States.

Glad I could vent...

And a partridge in a peeeaar ttreeeeee

:wink:

Sorry for the down luck. Hope it comes around for ya.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've just been driving mine. 4x4 has been nice in some less-than-pleasant weather we've had in the last couple of weeks. Also nice to be able to park, I park off an alley that is never plowed so when it gets snowed shut the only way to get in is just drive through it.

I have the opportunity to buy another 2002 for $2000. Blue, 4x4, 136k miles, came from the south originally so not near so much rust on it as mine. It needs some work here and there (has a stubborn tire leak that no one can fix, I suspect the disconnect may need serviced, and a few possible unknowns). Ball joints are all newer at least. It doesn't have a few options mine has that I really like (heated mirrors and sunroof). I just don't know how smart it is to swing $2000 on yet another truck when mine is running just fine. Yeah the body isn't as good (though the green color is much better than blue! :biggrin:) but I know its mechanical history. This one hasn't had any real issues either, and when the guy's in-laws had it they religiously took it in for its services so the transfer case has more than likely been taken care of.

I have until Friday to decide as he'll sell it to Carmax for $2500 (yes he's giving me $500 off if I want it), but I suspect I'll probably pass on it. It's probably a good deal but I'm looking at spending probably $4-5k on the summer car this year, plus I'm hoping to find a house also... $2k is probably better spent elsewhere I suppose.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sparky said:
I have until Friday to decide as he'll sell it to Carmax for $2500 (yes he's giving me $500 off if I want it), but I suspect I'll probably pass on it. It's probably a good deal but I'm looking at spending probably $4-5k on the summer car this year, plus I'm hoping to find a house also... $2k is probably better spent elsewhere I suppose.

:undecided: Unless you pick it up, then part it out. You know we have some parts vultures on this site, you could make a killing! :yes: :deal:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Last time I tried that I barely sold anything and it was far more work than it was worth. I don't have a shop's worth of tools nor the time to disassemble a whole vehicle. If I had the time and space I'd probably get it so I could combine the best of both trucks and part out the rest I guess. Would be even better if both were green so no paint needed and I'd keep my favorite color :biggrin: But that isn't the case. Still, makes me wonder if I should at least try it :undecided:

I wonder if I could sell enough parts to make at least my $2k back? :undecided:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Finally got these leds for the visor mirrors. Here's to the first mod of the new year!:thumbup:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357265089249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357265089249.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 147

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Finally got these leds for the visor mirrors. Here's to the first mod of the new year!:thumbup:

Let us know how they work, the last ones someone used weren't real flash.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
MAY03LT said:

Shoulda known better then to trust an application guide.:frown:

I've got another use for them suckers though.:cool:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Finally got time away from work got the SS all nice and clean inside and replaced my passenger ballast which is a dream since I have got rid of the 120gallon washer tank.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I left it at my parents' place and am driving their Pacifica right now. They need to tow a Uhaul to move my brother and the Pacifica doesn't have any trailer wiring on it. It was supposed to be only for Saturday, but there was a big screwup at the apartment complex he's going to in Michigan and there was no one in the office when they got there :mad: So they had to come all the way back just to go back up there yet again this week. So until then, they have my truck. I miss it already! The Pacifica is a nice ride and all but my truck is a much better fit for me.

Although it is nice that the rear defroster works...

johnstonjohnr

Dec 29, 2012
Today was a big day...

• engine flush
  • oil change
  • power steering fluid change
  • brake fluid change
  • installed new rear hatch lock assembly
  • new rear glass weather stripping
  • new gas cap with strap
  • new hood release handle installed

That's it, I'm tired and I am done for the day!! :thumbsup:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Finally got sick of the tailgate bonking me in the head. So thanks to May03LT's Youtube video, I swapped out the liftgate struts. Got them on Amazon for $29.80 for BOTH. For some reason, it was MUCH cheaper for me to search for Rainier liftgate struts. When I searched TB struts, they were all about $20 EACH. Anyway, they are on and my noggin is thrilled. StrongArm liftgate struts...

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
My Kensun 10k HID kit was Delivered today. So while idle at work i decided to install them. Wasn't too bad i hope i did it ok

i wired my regular lows to my fogs. so now my fogs do what my lows did.
Then Hids get powered on by the parking lights.
and did quad beam so all 6 lights come on.

Hope i have no issues i love them what do you think?

Attachments

• headlightweb.jpg
    headlightweb.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 15
  • hedluightweb.jpg
    hedluightweb.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members