What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just came back from a ride. Didn't go quite as planned. My old sled had the code 33 (open or short in coil #1) pop up again and stalling at idle. Hightailed it back home. I wasn't going to dick around with it anymore so late in the season so I said screw you. Buddy had the idea to swap the skis from the old sled to the new one to take care of the darting on the new sled. So about about an hour later and 30 minutes on the phone to switch over the insurance and I was back on the trails. This one rides sooooooooo much better! Why didn't I do this sooner? I thought of spending one last season on the ol' girl (had it for 10 years) before selling it. Now, thinking of parting it out if it won't run right.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Changing the alternator in the Rav, but I have to buy some pipe to use as a cheater bar because I can't get the head of my 25" breaker bar down where the nut is.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Driving to Hamilton for a gender reveal party (you figure it out!)

Reactions: Matt and BrianF

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Full sent through a swamp. Pulled out an f350 with a 7.3 diesel and a ranger. I’ll post some pics once I get them.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Blew up the gear box on my snowblower again. The bronze gear flat spotted so it is toast. Oh well, not much snow in the forecast so I can live for a bit before I source a replacement.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Changing the alternator in the Rav, but I have to buy some pipe to use as a cheater bar because I can't get the head of my 25" breaker bar down where the nut is.

Well, Toyota strikes again. Nowhere does it say that there's a bolt that needs to be loosened for you to be able to move the tensioner, unlike our trucks. So, you know what happens next...yep, broke the bolt head off the tensioner. I ordered a new tensioner, which will arrive on Thursday, so I'll be replacing that and the alternator on Friday arvo.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gonna meet up with some friends to hit the movies, grab lunch, and catch up for a bit.

After that. possibly swing by my sister's new place to see how she's settling in, help move some furniture around and lend a hand. Hoping to speed up the pace that she gets stuff out of my house, since I plan to have visitors next month using that bedroom and bathroom.

Going to work on re-organizing my office. Currently has a ton of random boxes, with tons of crap in them. Always takes me forever to find stuff, cuz I forget which boxes they are in. Planning to get some wire frame shelving on 2 of the walls, get some plastic bins and add some labels. So first things first take some measurements, and figure out what quantity and size of shelving I want to get to fit my needs. 👍

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just got back from Hamilton. TB ran like a champ and had great MPG with a nice tail wind coming back.

So we are going to be the grandparents of a baby GIRL! :woohoo:
Never had a girl on my side, having had 3 boys so it will be cool. On her side, it's all girls.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Drove to the office in the dark. That's always an adjustment with the time change, but will be quite happy with more daylight in the evenings. :yes:

So far things look to be a continuation of last week, work load wise. Unless someone comes running to me with their hair on fire, cuz they procrastinated and didn't bring their project to me until the 11th hour. Considering it IS a Monday, there's probably a good chance that happens. I'm scheduled to finally get upgraded off of Office 2010 around lunch, it's about time... ⌛

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube. Agreed on time change bringing the suck. Tired of driving to work in the dark. last week was much nicer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sitting at home with a nasty cold. Nose is raw from blowing it. I would have been riding today as it is warming up and the snow is melting. :frown:

• Sad
Reactions: Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Late last night went by my brother shop to get some decals cut and he had a small suprise for me.87750

I almost forgot that was one of the last pieces I needed to go into the rear suspension of the Voy.

Pic of a project he's not sure if he will tackle or not customers seems not to like the price tag associated with having something like this completely restored. Although I'd really like to see it get done.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That would be badass all restored.

Today is another cube day and then thinking i will grill out tonight

Reactions: xavierny25

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Plodding through work I guess.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Had an all-staff meeting that took up the entire morning. Food was brought in, so didn't need to pack a lunch. Now settling into my desk to get a few things done, and hope the afternoon doesn't drag so I can stay awake.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Another day with the man cold. Hope it goes by tomorrow as I want to go on possibly the last ride of the season.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Was above 0C today so I grabbed some pics of my old sleds hiding in the shed. Going to put them for sale I guess. Got a 1973 Johnson Golden Ghost and Evinrude Quiet Flite. Both havnt ran in years and just don't have time to go through the fuel system/carb and get them dialled in. Both are the 30 horse opposed twin. Solid old sleds.

• Love
Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cube village again

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Since it's National Pi(e) day, a few of the ladies baked some goodies and brought them in. So I had nothing but pie for lunch today, and it was glorious! I feel like I'm starting to enter a sugar crash coma, but this could also be due to the snoozer of a webinar I've been on for the past hour, that still has 30 minutes to go. 😴

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Watching for tornados

• Wow
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Watching the snow melt :sadcry:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Finally went to my bday dinner with my family, almost a week later. Went to luckys and got a 9 oz fillet and I got a free sundae since I was there for my bday.
And my dad gave me new jbl door speakers for my blazer and a special mouse for working with 3D modeling. :2thumbsup:
I’m super excited to get the speakers in. I think I’m going to put them in the front doors because they’re really nice and put the oem fronts in the rear doors. Anyone see any problem with that?
Also super excited to use that new mouse at work tomorrow. There’s no way I’m going to be able to sleep tonight. Lol

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I’m super excited to get the speakers in. I think I’m going to put them in the front doors because they’re really nice and put the oem fronts in the rear doors. Anyone see any problem with that?

If you don't have the amp, it shouldn't be a problem.

Having a POETS day today. Going to get the Rav finally going and start packing for Florida.

Reactions: wstuckey1

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
If you don't have the amp, it shouldn't be a problem.

Having a POETS day today. Going to get the Rav finally going and start packing for Florida.
Thank you.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
In the office, failing miserably at not watching the clock. People keep coming in here to tell me there's doughnuts in the break room. :mad: My metabolism isn't high enough for me to eat like I'm 20 years younger. All that pie from yesterday means I shouldn't eat any sweets for a few days at least. :hopeless:

Reactions: BrianF

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
In the office, failing miserably at not watching the clock. People keep coming in here to tell me there's doughnuts in the break room. :mad: My metabolism isn't high enough for me to eat like I'm 20 years younger. All that pie from yesterday means I shouldn't eat any sweets for a few days at least. :hopeless:
Oh how I wish there were doughnuts in my break room... :salivate:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nothing. Just nothing. Still tired from that cold.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Hit up 2 parts yards for a header panel for a specific year Jeep for a friend.
Ended up finding a mint Go Rhino 3000 series brush guard on a Durango at our last stop. It's undamaged, just some cosmetic rust where the paint flaked off near the bottom. I couldn't pass it up for just $45. Those things are $400-500 new.

I'm going to attempt to design a Waag-style mount for it that utilizes the tow hook mount points.
Any advice would be appreciated, I'm no engineer and would like it to be as strong as possible without butchering the bumper cover.
Waag used a piece of pipe about 2-3" thick that bends 90 degrees into the tow hook holes and was welded to a flat piece that mounts under there. I'm wondering if I couldn't do the same but with square tube (to avoid needing to do bends). It wouldn't be as pretty, but I'm not going for pretty.

(I disassembled it when I got home, I just wanted to look as redneck as possible on the highway with it hanging out the windows).

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nice find! May be worth creating its own thread to get some help.

Reactions: gpking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.