Brighton, CO

Attachments

• R611.jpg
    R611.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well today, me and my son finished fixing up his sled. Just greasing the upper wheel bearings is a major feat. Also did fluids and such. Also went and he got a new helmet. Tomorrow, Amazon should be delivering a new pair of bibs for him in the morning and as soon as that happens, we're heading to North Bay to hit the trails.

Oh and from yesterday, Found out that he also got a job in his new trade, heavy equipment mechanic. So happy. He's signing his contract on Monday. :wooot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village for awhile and then home to do more tile backsplash. Cutting glass tiles sucks.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Called other guy's insurance company again and this time for something scheduled for tomorrow to get the truck looked at. Not sure why I had to do the follow up instead of them calling me.

Aug 28, 2017
Georgia
Did you get the tuned PCM back yet? If so, how do you find the changes?
I got it back and installed today.Took it for about a 30 mile trip so far.I really love how it is so responsive on the throttle,the up and down shifting is wonderful really love it just perfect to me.Another thing I noticed right away is in December I sent my factory cluster off for a full rebuild and it is wild how responsive the RPM's is to every up or down shift.I read a lot of post on here from members who have had it done and most said it was the best $99 they every spent on their truck and I totally agree with them.My list of tunes is what you suggested and they are spot on for what I was looking for,thank you again for your help with this process.I had to call Jeremy at Lime-swap and thank him personally and let him know how happy I was with his work.I 100% recommend him to anyone on the fence about a PCM tune.:wooot::celebrate:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Working! I wish it was friday :sadcry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Almost got trapped in my bathroom this morning. :ugh: I'd noticed from time to time, the door knob would be hard to turn, like something was jammed inside. Today the latch got stuck 90% recessed in the door, and then the knob wouldn't budge. Luckily, a good tug on the door was enough to pop it open. Removed the knob, and noticed the internals were binding to the point they cracked the housing when the knob was turned. :confused:

20190120_193742.jpg

Figured my closet doesn't need a door knob, so cannibalized that one for the master bathroom door. Crisis averted. :thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just went to a Dr. appointment. Traffic was just horrendous due to snow we got yesterday and -24c today. Idiots without winter tires everywhere. Now waiting for a.prescription and then home to clean up a bit and rest the back after a 450km snowmobile trip Thur - Fri.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
home to clean up a bit and rest the back after a 450km snowmobile trip Thur - Fri.

Jealous I am.. Snowmobiling I really miss. But these 5 blown discs.. GRRR!!

Still no snow in Denver, dry and cold.

At work today, orientating another new hire.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Jealous I am.. Snowmobiling I really miss. But these 5 blown discs.. GRRR!!

Ah man, sorry to hear that. Were the disks caused by sledding or some other factor? One reason that I retired was so that I can enjoy sledding as much as possible before my body decides to quit.

Today, a scheduled training session for this afternoon was canceled so, think I'll go out for breakfast and head to Princess Auto to scope out their latest sale starting today. Then later, bring my sled into the garage as I have to modify my modification to the tunnel before it catches on fire. :yikes:

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Ah man, sorry to hear that. Were the disks caused by sledding or some other factor?

Work related, and not a candidate for surgery either. L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, C1. I am hoping that with me getting rid of the "sport sleds" and going to a trail sled (Skandic SWT), that I will be able to get back into the sport. I gotta get rid of the 2 I have thou. But I have to get them started, and only 1 has E-Start, so starting it is quite a problem with 5 blown discs.

Reactions: Redbeard
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Been busy as hell for the past couple of months and didn't help that my laptop wifi adapter started acting up. Just got down to fixing it yesterday. Other than that today was day 1 of Welding classes. Can't tell yall how long I've waited to learn welding. Have had a few minor things done on My Box over here which I'll update in the respective thread. Also was busy with some renovation work which included masonry work, electrical wiring and the sorts. Missing my TB dearly as everyday passes by 😢😢. Feels nice to go through the posts here and be back on the site

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Working in the cube farm

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Meanwhile in my front yard... I was watching a bus driver lose her job. Hint: stay on the road and out of the ditch!
1548431851958.png
School bus full of kids PLUS plus driving down a road that school buses DON'T travel (at least not in the past 48 years!) and on a dead end street. Good thing the bus was probably only going 10 mph, but the frame was resting on the ground and the rear tire able to freewheel while in the ditch. Better yet no injuries. The driver aimed correctly to run over and collapse the only fios box on my side of the street. The fios box (gratefully didn't interrupt my tooling around the net or the wife working from home) is still working, but unsure how long. Frontier to come out Saturday to "look" at whats left of the mangled box. 20 more feet and the bus and the neighbors house would have mated.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: How? Were they trying to use a driveway to 3 point turn, or your neighbor's lawn? I guess backing up the way they came to the wrong-turn intersection where there would have been enough room to maneuver wasn't challenging enough? Your street looks pretty narrow too.

Since I was out of the office all day yesterday, getting caught up on stuff. Missed a couple of conference calls, but they were recorded, so I'll spend some time this afternoon with the door shut, listen to those and try not to fall asleep.

Currently eating lunch, and browsing the selection of LED projectors available on the TRS website. Somebody stop me... No, seriously, I don't need to be looking at that stuff...

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Currently eating lunch, and browsing the selection of LED projectors available on the TRS website. Somebody stop me... No, seriously, I don't need to be looking at that

I wish someone would do the same to me!! Even if I'm broke as & #$& I can't stop thinking about cars, car mods, car parts and my new found love of car lightings!

Reactions: Mooseman

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Picking up wifey from work now. A little earlier picked up my used cluster. 20190125_163811.jpg
Going to treat this one way more carefully this time. I have to put in an order for some bulbs another set of needles and spare steeper motors for just in case.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Apart from getting Amazon deliveries, finished working on my sled. I had enclosed the tunnel but too well as the exhaust was overheating my rear deck and melting my seat.:yikes:. Cut about 20" off the blockoff plate I made to add a bit of air circulation. That done, brought my son's sled in as he has to bleed his brakes after his GF rolled it and got air in the system. Should be an easy fix. Also have to replace one of the HID ballasts. We're going on a ride tomorrow so just getting things ready.

Reactions: xavierny25 and Matt

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
:confused: Why do you need new needles? Did you damage the ones you just got during all the tinkering?

Cause maybe I didn't like the blue as much as I thought I would. Lol. Na j/k I figured just have everything ready when the time come and not have to swap between the 2 clusters. I don't need another clusterfuk after what I experienced today.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
64BD1CD8-AD7A-473A-9B8D-877180E62B72.jpeg906C0E84-C97A-4863-9324-BBDAC14B12C5.jpeg
Painted my new Moog springs to match my wheels. It’s a decent match and with it tucked up inside the wheel well it’ll look good a little lighter.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Went to run the dishwasher this afternoon, and when I got a detergent packet from under the sink, noticed the box of garbage bags that was on the side, had water damage, and I just bought it earlier in the week. :confused: Picked it up to check and the bottom falls out cuz it's soaked. :eek: Start checking everything else under there to find standing water. :mad:

Turns out the hot water line is leaking, I think where it connects to the faucet. Real slow leak too, a drop every few minutes. I had noticed from time to time, the faucet dripping hot water after being shut off, but it would stop with a jiggle of the handle. Figured it was just a seal needing to be replaced. Had no idea it was leaking below as well. May be a good time to swap in a new faucet in a style more to my liking. :undecided:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Went to run the dishwasher this afternoon, and when I got a detergent packet from under the sink, noticed the box of garbage bags that was on the side, had water damage, and I just bought it earlier in the week. :confused: Picked it up to check and the bottom falls out cuz it's soaked. :eek: Start checking everything else under there to find standing water. :mad:

Turns out the hot water line is leaking, I think where it connects to the faucet. Real slow leak too, a drop every few minutes. I had noticed from time to time, the faucet dripping hot water after being shut off, but it would stop with a jiggle of the handle. Figured it was just a seal needing to be replaced. Had no idea it was leaking below as well. May be a good time to swap in a new faucet in a style more to my liking. :undecided:
You may want to check the temperature setting on your hot water tank it could be set a bit to high and killing your seals prematurely. Just a thought

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Two day summary. Yesterday, went sledding with my son and a group of 11 others. Nice ride, a bit too many sleds which made for long waits sometimes for the slowest one (not me for once :biggrin:). My sled was giving me grief when it wouldn't restart, lighting the high beam light and giving me a code. Turns out it's a grounding block issue that Yamaha knew about but in the 12 years I've had this sled, never manifested itself until now. We broke from the group, fiddled with the block and got it home. It stalled a few times when the ECU would lose power. Also had no hand warmers but luckily had a set of muffs.

Guess what I'll be doing today :biggrin:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Pulled the rear sway bar. Hopefully taking out the struts so I’m ready to put the new ones in when the paint has had time to set.

woodsliv

Jan 27, 2019
Tehachapi, California
Recently had to replace the forward differential, blew a hole through the side. since I had to remove everything to get it out I decided to change all the bushing, ball joints, tie rod ends, links sway bar bushings, water pump and forward U joint. Since it has 181650 miles I thought why not. I also replaced all 6 coil packs, and plug, evap solenoid, evap vent solenoid. I've been have code p0440 and so I smoked the system and found the smoke coming from above the tank. Been trying to find the evap canister. thanks to a member I know where to look now. The shop wanted $4000.00 to change just the Diff, I replaced everything for just over $1200.00. But now I can't get the dam computer to reset so I can get it smogged.

BrianF

Jul 24, 2013
West central Sask.
Work as usual. break time. Caught up as much as one can and due to the weather, the roads are all Q. Due to a poor choice in supper, this evenings workout will be postponed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.