What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Their shipping estimator has always been a little off and weird until you actually put your address in. Then it gives you the actual final amount. At my old place the shipping originally would estimate higher with just ZIP until I put in the shipping address, then the final options and prices would show (usually a couple bucks less).

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its complete bullshit. They will f... anyone to get money.

Got to love the shipping price change with the discount code. How the hell does anyone try to defend such a pathetically obvious fraud attempt?

Reactions: xavierny25

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Didn't see it, but what are you doing?
I work at the sheet metal fabricator that produces all the parts used at my last job. We stamp out everything and assemble in-house, then truck everything down the road over to them. So I already know everything I need to know.

Wondering what kind of bulls**t @RockAuto is trying to pull here.View attachment 86975View attachment 86977View attachment 86978View attachment 86979
first pic no discount code used. price
2nd pic discount code used. price
3rd pic no discount shipping options. price
4th pic discount code used shipping options. price
What kind of crap is this. I'm aware its nickel a dime but why would shipping cost go up by using a coupon code? I'm starting to see why @HARDTRAILZ doesn't support them anymore.
I only use them as a part number reference, try to avoid using them.

And to stay on topic: I'm at Brandon's making some new plug wires for his Trailblazer.

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
@Capote congrats on the gig brother :2thumbsup:

Didn't really feel like cooking tonight, so just been snacking. It's mom's last weekend here before she flies back to AZ mid week, so decided to make some cocktails instead. Oddly enough I drink more with mom, than with dad lol :Lager Louts::stars:

Got a text from MarkMC earlier, the family may be moving here to the bay area after all, in the next few weeks. So that's cause for more mini meets, and his mug getting posted around here :tongue: :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Got new drugs because I had bad reactions to the one they gave me the first time. The lightheadedness was only a part of it.

Hopefully these sit ok and still do the job. But right now my hands are itching like mad due to hives.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Training the new guys.

Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube getting ready to head to dr cause the surgery site is infected...oh the joy!

Reactions: Redbeard

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Work then parts store for an exhaust coupler, and home to finish hooking up the new flex/resonator pipe which the PO of the Saturn also managed to clog. :Banghead: Finally running good now anyway so I can start looking at small things.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pricing lighting upgrade for the Trans Am as the brights suck. The LMC lows w 9006 are better and make the highs worthless and it was awful dark on the backroads with the deer population moving it left me wanting for some longer range out of the highs. Maybe swap the fogs over to some long distance LED as well since they are hardly used.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
God I hate the end of year/start of year work. Been working on this since the start of the year. Filing thousands of booklets from 2014 and 2015, filing all the 2018 paperwork, starting the new filing for 2019. Have a stack probably 6 feet tall of paperwork that needs to be shredded. I hate year end...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not looking forward to the 2 hour meeting on the new changes to our manual and trying to ensure the feds will approve them.

Reactions: Mooseman

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Dude it friggin sucks.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Trying not to curse out coworkers today. Had a 10 am meeting/training with 3 departments, told them to bring their laptops to follow along. Only team that was on time was mine, and since it was going to be short, we started without them. 15 minutes later, just as I was about to finish, a 2nd department shows up. Their director misread the invite, and thought it was general system training, instead of specific to certain items (like it said in the subject line).

Kicked them out, told their director to schedule team training with me later. 5 minutes later, the 3rd department shows up. :hopeless: At this point, I let my team go, everything they needed was already covered. So started over, and went over everything for a 2nd time, before opening the floor for Q&A. Luckily I budgeted for an hour, even though I felt things should go quickly. Why people can't be on time for scheduled meetings when they are already in the office, is beyond me

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Trying to get my computer working... hate being at the mercy of an it group sometimes
That is the life of leaving the IT support team...

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Today I hate computers. two computer network at my dads office and the one can not find the server anymore and of course he knows none of his own passwords and cant find them.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Should have been working all day, but got word that I'm no longer being eyeballed for a business trip to Reno next month, that has nothing to do with my job. As a humorous twist of fate, my boss (who was pushing for me to go on the trip along with a handful other people) got tapped to go on this trip solo! :crackup:

Other than that, researching mattresses. I think it's time to invest in something new, in hopes of helping my back issues. Never realized how many freaking options there are to choose from until now... :crazy::stars:

Edit: Got a phone call from a background check company. My sister applied for a rental, and they are doing the residence verification, so that's a good sign. It will be nice to have my house back to the way it was eventually.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I was busy at work all day.

I have a business trip in a few weeks to Reno for 4 days. I need to prep some equipment to bring up there.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Raising cane with our garbage collection folks. Twice in the past two weeks they have missed picking up our trash in my neighborhood.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
researching mattresses. I think it's time to invest in something new, in hopes of helping my back issues. Never realized how many freaking options there are to choose from until now... :crazy::stars:

Have you looked at a hybrid memory foam? Pretty sure that's the route I'm going next.

Reactions: djthumper

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Raising cane with our garbage collection folks. Twice in the past two weeks they have missed picking up our trash in my neighborhood.

That happened to me a couple of times with yard waste. They'd take everyone else's on the block, but left mine there. :hissyfit:

Have you looked at a hybrid memory foam? Pretty sure that's the route I'm going next.

Yeah I've looked at those, cooling gel too, cuz I sleep hot. Came across the Purple brand the other day, and their smart comfort grid gimmick has me curious. Found a store nearby that carries them, plan to give them a test this weekend.

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
That happened to me a couple of times with yard waste. They'd take everyone else's on the block, but left mine there. :hissyfit:

Yeah I've looked at those, cooling gel too, cuz I sleep hot. Came across the Purple brand the other day, and their smart comfort grid gimmick has me curious. Found a store nearby that carries them, plan to give them a test this weekend.

Been having problems with my trash collection peoples too. I would set it out the day before, and they would supposedly pick it up the next day. No show, watched them drive by thou. Called the company, and they claimed the driver came by and my trash wasnt out. Seriously thinking about changing companys.

I also tried the purple, and I REALLY liked it. However, the price tag of 7000.. Uhh no thanks. We ended up with a beautyrest, and am really enjoying it so far.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Went for my interview. It went well. Actually so well they called me with the offer for the position before I left the parking lot. :celebrate:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Today is looking to be even less productive than yesterday. In a holding pattern on a couple of good sized projects, waiting for feedback before further steps can be taken. Did a couple of quick procedural write ups with some screen shots to be included in a manual, so I'm calling it good for the day.

Been having problems with my trash collection peoples too. I would set it out the day before, and they would supposedly pick it up the next day. No show, watched them drive by thou. Called the company, and they claimed the driver came by and my trash wasnt out. Seriously thinking about changing companys.

My solution, start composting my yard waste. Saved money on bags, and energy hauling stuff to the front yard/curb. Probably need to invest in a wood chipper for branches though.

I also tried the purple, and I REALLY liked it. However, the price tag of 7000.. Uhh no thanks. We ended up with a beautyrest, and am really enjoying it so far.

:wowfaint: 7 grand? Was that a package with a bunch of other stuff too? I'm looking at the .3 and .4 models, which one did you try out?

Reactions: Redbeard and Eric04

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My pc finally works so I can get some work done.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
:wowfaint: 7 grand? Was that a package with a bunch of other stuff too? I'm looking at the .3 and .4 models, which one did you try out?

They offer a couple different versions, the softer it is, the more expensive it is. I need ultra plush.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
We ended up with a new split king with the moving base. I was looking at the Purple, Leesa and some of the others. We spent almost 3 hours trying out beds before we decided and ended up finding one that was comfortable and affordable. I think we spent $2400, I can't remember the name of the mattress but I think it is a beauty rest.

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
I'm no longer being eyeballed for a business trip to Reno next month. As a humorous twist of fate, my boss (who was pushing for me to go on the trip along with a handful other people) got tapped to go on this trip solo! :crackup:

I was busy at work all day.

I have a business trip in a few weeks to Reno for 4 days. I need to prep some equipment to bring up there.

Um,are you the boss that's been talked about? or purely coincidental?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Went in to my brothers shop to check in on the progress of all the parts I have laying around to get coated.20190111_184252.jpg
Rear springs.20190111_184247.jpg
Front springs.20190111_184157.jpg
Front and rear calipers.20190111_184228.jpg
Had to gas out the front brackets to get out all the oil and grease on and in the slide pin area. This is just one of many steps to get these thing looking amazing before powder gets put on.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Aug 28, 2017
Georgia
I want to thank Mooseman and limequat at http://www.lime-swap.com/ for their advice on my PCM tune list and thermal fan clutch part number needed to replace EV fan clutch:thankyou:.limequat let me know today its finished and soon on its way home:wooot:.I now have all the SAIS parts off the Envoy and valve block off plate on,and Hayden 2851 fan clutch on and EV fan off.Took throttle body off and got it cleaned up good and shiny for the relearn process.Have to say its been a good productive day:coffee:

Attachments

• 2004 GMC Envoy PCM Tune.pdf
    98.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you get the tuned PCM back yet? If so, how do you find the changes?

Reactions: flyinghigh1970
Aug 28, 2017
Georgia
Did you get the tuned PCM back yet? If so, how do you find the changes?
Limequat emailed me yesterday a copy of the tune sheet and said its finished and ready to ship back,as soon as I get it and put some miles on it ill report back how I like it.I didn't want to use the loaner service so I could use the down time to complete the system changes going with the code changes.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lots of errands today. Filled up the EXT, picked up a prescription, hit the grocery store. Stopped by Mattress Firm to see if they had the Purple mattress line on the floor for me to try out. They did not, the salesman stated that they own the brand, so no other stores would have them available, and that I should just order it from there, and have a 120 night trial run. :eyebrowhuh: Yeah, OK, nope! Before thinking of them, I know Macy's sells them, but this place was closer to home.

Went to the mall where the Macy's was, they did have the brand on the floor, but only the 1st generation (firm), and firm version of the 2nd generation. I wanted to see the medium and soft ones. The lady said maybe next month they'll have the other 2, but they are going to have the whole collection available by this summer. I've got a little time, so I'll wait and see if they get them in the next month or so.

After that, had an appointment to donate blood. This week's promotion was a long sleeve t-shirt and either free Hooters boneless wings or movie tix. Now I'm home and trying to decide what I want to eat, cuz I'm starving. :undecided: Leaning towards a bacon cheese burger and seasoned fries. :yes:

Attachments

• 20190113_154518.jpg
    20190113_154518.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hanging with the kids since the stomach bug running through our house hit the wife about 4 this morning. I just hope I dont get it cause I dont think with the recent stomach surgery and wound thats not fully healed would be much fun if I get the pukes

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decent day in the office. Few meetings here and there, some staff changes coming down the pipe. Enough work to keep busy when I feel like it. Currently half listening to a conference call, but mostly pricing out components to build a 2 post rack server, to put in my hall closet to replace the glorified desktop that's sitting on top of a small filing cabinet, that I have in there right now. :tongue:

$1400 later, I'm remembering why that project was so far down on the priority list! :redface:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just got done rebuilding a Windows 98 Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher