What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Cube life. Didn't get to the A/C due to rain.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Nice quiet day at work. Then I get home wife calls me a bit frantic that she's just got rear ended by some old lady in a chevy...... Like I don't already have enough work to do on the freakin truck.... The wife is a bit shaken up but doing just fine... Cops are in route and the Voy's rear hitch cover got the brunt of it. Not sure how bad the other car is or driver for that matter. :badday:

Reactions: Redbeard

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Nice quiet day at work. Then I get home wife calls me a bit frantic that she's just got rear ended by some old lady in a chevy...... Like I don't already have enough work to do on the freakin truck.... The wife is a bit shaken up but doing just fine... Cops are in route and the Voy's rear hitch cover got the brunt of it. Not sure how bad the other car is or driver for that matter. :badday:
20180711_180141.jpg20180711_175614.jpg

Reactions: Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well, that sure coulda been a helluva lot worse. Glad everyone was OK

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Oh but that cover! Isn't it super rare?

Officially started my pre-retirement vacation after doing 3 days of grueling training. Just glad it's over!

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Oh but that cover! Isn't it super rare?
Super rare is not even the words. I've searched for months after I got this one to have another on hand just in case with no kind of luck. So now I'm going to be screwed trying to make this one look at least semi decent till I find a replacement. It's gonna be like playing the lotto.

Reactions: Mooseman

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Ran late for work. Boss wasn't even at work. Minor electrical problem with the truck. Melted starter wire.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Somewhat typical day in the office. Apparently a number of people are into Pokemon Go (or I'm just now noticing it) cuz that's all they've been talking about lately. Decent amount of work to do, for me to pass the time, but my allergies have been acting up all week, which has been really annoying. Hoping the afternoon passes quickly, cuz my meds haven't been doing the job so far. :no:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Should no longer burst into flames...
20180712_233121.jpg

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Buying more parts for the truck. Cube Farm. Drag links, pitman arm and idle arm from O'reilly and sway bar bushings, windshield washer nozzles and Y from LMC truck.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
No fire...

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hey everyone, just checking in. Was supposed to be back home but two weeks back and working on the TB. Sadly there are some issues with the stupid universities here and have to stay back until that's sorted out 😕. Dad's been having some issues with his Yukon showing up service stability for a while after starting it and then going away. Sadly couldn't be there to diagnose and fix the problem.

Have a flight booked for the 3rd of August if things go well this time around 😊

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
More work on my ATV. I gotta align it again since I did the axle boots yesterday. Also wiring up my winch and gauge cluster I made. Envoy's new radiator popped a leak so I'm driving my friend's V8 Tundra while I change it the entire cooling system. Don't think two radiators are to spring a leak within 2-3 months.

IMG_20180715_064619.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Having a less productive day than I planned. Was supposed to meet up with a buddy coming from Orlando for breakfast. Showed up at the agreed upon time, and got us a table. Let him know where I was at, and waited... 20 minutes later, couldn't reach him. After another 10 minutes, I left to head home. Bit irritated, cuz that's unlike him, I feared the worst.

While I stopped at the hardware store for a few things, he called to apologize because he was having phone problems. He also got off the highway at the wrong exit (dunno why, he's made this drive many times) and got lost downtown. GPS didn't work on his phone so he wandered around trying to get back to the highway. :hopeless: Breakfast was supposed to be payment for me looking at his amp/sub, as the speaker wires got yanked out, and the crimped connectors got broken.

Met at the house, where I snipped off the broken spades, and put some new ones. Got everything reconnected, and no joy. :undecided: Got out the volt meter and started checking stuff. Power cables were good, but both of the amp's fuses were blown. Ran to the store for some replacements, swapped them out, and they blew as soon as the amp turned on. :eek::squint:

He was talking about upgrading from the single 10" he had to a bigger setup this fall, so now he'll be bumping up his timeline a bit. He gave me his gift card for the place we were supposed to eat at, so I can use that later. Now I'm relaxing on the couch, binge watching Luke Cage. :biggrin:

Reactions: Matt and northcreek

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Back to the grind known as work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Ducking cube.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Going to look at / hopefully pick up a fiberglass tonneau for the Sierra. Hopefully, this one's for a 6.5 ft bed; the one I drove out to Milwaukee to get two weeks ago was a bit short (5'8" bed?)

@xavierny25 ouch I know that hurts with that hitch cover. I know how lucky you have to get to find those things. I don't even use mine now because I'm towing almost every week or every other week and have just become lazy to keep swapping. Sure wouldn't sell it tho...lol

Dude... 3D printer for the win. Just gotta work out a durable material. Seriously.
Adapt a graphic for Chevy, Caddy, etc., and it becomes a profitable venture. I'm thinking of a business plan already (your location is a bit of a hindrance, but we can work around it...lol).
If all goes well, I could be joining you in Belize afterward...LMAO

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Was surfing the internet after lunch, when my boss calls my cell. :confused: She's driving somewhere and the little plastic skid plate under the front of her minivan was dragging on the ground when she drove. Something happened to it before, and her husband re-secured it with zip ties, which I guess had broken. She wanted to know if it would be OK to drive if taken off completely. Told her it would be fine, and to come back to the office, get some scissors and cut the rest off.

When she got back, she called me from the front desk to come coach her through it, and said she'd do the dirty work so I didn't get sweaty and dirty. Problem was, she's short, not small, and the blacktop parking lot was as hot as you can imagine since there's no shade. She had a random bag of one of her kids to kneel on, but she was wearing sandals so her toes got burnt. :laugh: She still couldn't get the scissors in a good spot, and standing there in the sun was starting to make me sweat so I told her to let me do it. 4 quick snips and it was out, just as beads of sweat were starting to form on my forehead. Back inside to the chilly AC I went! I was quite thankful her husband used zip ties, cuz even though I keep a socket set in the truck, it would have sucked to have to get under there with a ratchet or nut driver, and work those free. :wowfaint:

That's my good deed for the week, I'll be staying home until the weekend.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Yesterday went from the cube to the fire station to a fire that I don't know if its still going at this time. Chased it from our county to the counties north and west of us. When we left at midnight the fire was much larger. With it being rocky rolling hills we had to fight it from the wind turbine trails. We requested air support but was refused. Apparently, they don't fly at night. I wouldn't want to in a wind farm at night. Some of use started backpacking it like hotshots. Wasn't effective because there wasn't enough of us.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube, then over to a buddys house to drop off some jeep parts and hang out for the night. Figure beers and venison meatballs and a little bonfire be a good break from life for an evening.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
So here's the tonneau, clamped down, but not yet 'properly installed'. Also, it needs to be painted to match (suggestions welcome, as I believe the color is 'molded in', not just painted).

But for $100, the bed is now secure. Couldn't believe how heavy the thing is. And I also discovered that the easiest way to get into the bed, is to hop backwards onto the lowered tailgate...kinda like high jumpers do when they 'flop' over the bar. Except there's no bar.

White_Tonneau.jpg

Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's Tuesday so that means meetings! Team meeting at 9, system licensing meeting with another department after that. Training at 2, corporate call at 4, so that's given me some stuff to look forward to. Which is a good thing, so I don't spend all day scrolling through all the Prime Day sales. REALLY need to stay off of that if I can help it.

Reactions: xavierny25

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I must have everything I need for the rest of my life...spent time looking for deals, but nothing I'd want earned a spot as a 'Prime Deal'.

The way I see it, I saved a sh!t-ton of money! :compu-punch:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I was not at all impressed with Prime Day deals. Nothing I need OR wanted was a Prime Day deal that I could see. Meh.

Reactions: djthumper

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I bought a Fire Stik to replace the Roku that keeps having to load 4 times a show on Netflix

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well now I had to go look... I'm in the same boat, I could get a Firestick for each of my parents, but that's about it. On a better note, lunch time!!!

Reactions: djthumper

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Found a local shop and asked for a ballpark on refinishing the tonneau... $350-$450 for black...another $125 for color match.

I guess he missed the part about 'cheap'

Gotta be something between $500 vs me with a rattle can, ghetto-style

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Rattle-can can come out looking fine if you take your time and don't skip steps. The wet sanding needed on a piece that big though... I'd opt for vinyl too. :yes:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Only thing I got on prime day was a chemical guys wax. I use it on the vette and it covers up all the swirls and makes the metallic flake pop.

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
In my stall at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online