What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Computer crapola at work. I hate filling dates and fees on big projects.

Reactions: Redbeard

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Work, and then buying a 49 F3 tonight. :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Capote

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks like another snoozer here today. Boss is taking the day off, no projects anyone needs my brain for. Got a conference call after lunch to try to stay awake through, but that's really it. Starting to plan activities for my staycation in 2 weeks.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
F62809D1-010A-463C-8081-3B1B1FE927D4.jpeg591E5F64-7745-41D9-8126-D4FA70AF5E6E.jpegE16356CE-5587-4A21-B0EC-C41D53DC7F34.jpeg
Just putting in work on the ol red build truck. She’s definitely a trooper with all that sand in the back.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Work, and then buying a 49 F3 tonight. :2thumbsup:

This is the kind of post that cries out for more detail...or a picture. This *is* an auto-based site, you know!

For the uninitiated (or forgetful) - here's an example of a '49 Ford F3 (what pickups looked like before the F100, F150, etc.) Sweet vintage!

5109_01949719c2ab_low_res.JPG

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Didn't get any pictures till yesterday. The guy gave me a usb stick with a ton of info on the truck plus pictures of it when he got it. He thoroughly disassembled it so there wont be many good pictures of it for a while. (it looks like a lego set right now. lol). As of right now I'm planning on painting it blue flame metallic (new ford paint color) with a white grill. For a bed, I plan on making a dumping flat bed (has the original pto driven hydraulic dump). The rear axle he has is an 8:1 ratio axle off an international. He already put new chevy rotors on the front, with an 8x6.5 lug pattern so I'll probably find an old chevy dually axle for the rear, and I plan on lowering it a few inches which will be slightly easier because I need to put on all new mounts for the rear leaf springs. (which will probably be 2008 F350 1 ton springs). Oh, and it has the original flathead v8 that was recently rebuilt, bored, and stroked.

Attachments

• DSCF2152.JPG
    DSCF2152.JPG
    699 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2189.JPG
    DSCF2189.JPG
    728.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Didn't get any pictures till yesterday. The guy gave me a usb stick with a ton of info on the truck plus pictures of it when he got it. He thoroughly disassembled it so there wont be many good pictures of it for a while. (it looks like a lego set right now. lol). As of right now I'm planning on painting it blue flame metallic (new ford paint color) with a white grill. For a bed, I plan on making a dumping flat bed (has the original pto driven hydraulic dump). The rear axle he has is an 8:1 ratio axle off an international. He already put new chevy rotors on the front, with an 8x6.5 lug pattern so I'll probably find an old chevy dually axle for the rear, and I plan on lowering it a few inches which will be slightly easier because I need to put on all new mounts for the rear leaf springs. (which will probably be 2008 F350 1 ton springs). Oh, and it has the original flathead v8 that was recently rebuilt, bored, and stroked.
I like kona blue personally but I'm biased...

Sweet truck though.

I am currently going to work. And by that I mean eating.

Reactions: xavierny25

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
In my stall.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I like kona blue personally but I'm biased...

Sweet truck though.

I am currently going to work. And by that I mean eating.
Kona blue is a nice color. It doesn't seem to have the pop that blue flame does though.
Although I am also biased. I painted my js300 blue flame metallic. Maybe it is time for some variety though. :undecided:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Kona blue is a nice color. It doesn't seem to have the pop that blue flame does though.
Although I am also biased. I painted my js300 blue flame metallic. Maybe it is time for some variety though. :undecided:
I'm surprised I don't have better pictures. Kona when someone does it is way nicer than factory Kona. Much deeper if you will.
20180204_140115.jpg
I just love the blue to purple from front to back in any lighting.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Funny...I don't see purple or blue...

I see a '400' badge on the hood :biggrin:

Reactions: xavierny25

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm surprised I don't have better pictures. Kona when someone does it is way nicer than factory Kona. Much deeper if you will.
View attachment 85301
I just love the blue to purple from front to back in any lighting.
D077DA5A-C2F8-461F-AD7B-9A7494AE6FFF.jpegHeres a better picture. Definitely a beautiful color.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Reactions: brianlibby791

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It's funny because that is originally a 6 cylinder car lol. Every thing is real OEM parts though.

I didn't doubt it had the Poncho 400 stuffed inside...was just impressed that it did. Similar to the SS396 in the same-gen Camaro. You could get yourself in trouble really quick with either one. Is the 'Bird nose-heavy with that 400 ?

@wstuckey1 - an easy way to tell the 1st gen F-bodies apart...
The '67s were the only year with front quarter vent windows.
The '69s (at least the Camaros) had a 'character line' running horizontally from the top of the wheel opening back.
So if you had a car that didn't have either of those... it was a '68 :smile:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Researching (online) how to build a case spreader tool for the Dana 44 front diff. disassembly. Hard to believe that the cast iron case can be spread up to .020" to remove the carrier.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I didn't doubt it had the Poncho 400 stuffed inside...was just impressed that it did. Similar to the SS396 in the same-gen Camaro. You could get yourself in trouble really quick with either one. Is the 'Bird nose-heavy with that 400 ?

The '69s (at least the Camaros) had a 'character line' running horizontally from the top of the wheel opening back.
The 400 is a bit lighter than a 396. It's not bad, car drives surprisingly rail like considering the 67 suspension. Likes burnouts.

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey

E5D8368E-49BE-4BC8-8574-AA806B7E6781.jpeg
Heres the 68’ project. Soon to be started..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Work, but tonight my brother and a few friends are helping me pick up my F3. It'll probably be an hour or two of work as everything but the front suspension is torn apart, and depending on the weather might go out to an island on my lake with some friends. Should be a good day. :yes:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Trying to use the new phone system the county installed last night...I'm getting Forest Whitaker eye!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Finally made it to Friday! Boss is working from home, so the mice are at play in their cubicles.

Someone from a different department got their hands on an Excel macro tool for converting CSV data into a pretty spreadsheet from a sister office, and wanted my help tweaking it. OK cool, something interesting to do that requires brain power... Well, not exactly, the way it's built you copy ONE SINGLE ROW of data from the CSV into the template and it does its magic. All she wants to do is bypass the copy and paste step. :confused: Seriously? You're THAT lazy? But I can't really complain, cuz I'm bored as hell and have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

After work, have to make a few stops. Hardware store, groceries, and thinking of picking up some takeout for dinner. Not in the mood to cook and I'm outta leftovers. The mod bug has been getting restless in its hibernative state, lots of tossing and turning lately. I haven't put LEDs into anything in about 2 years now. :undecided:

brianlibby791

Feb 25, 2017
New Jersey
18A7A153-38C7-4DD0-9982-9BF25B12B0BD.jpegBlew a brake line on my truck yesterday, so thats gonna be fun.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Working the Soap Box Derby big show today.

Reactions: Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Heres the 68’ project. Soon to be started..

Such a minor thing...but the size of the marker light in the rear just ruins the side profile. S/B about 25% smaller, IMO. I guess someone likes 1st-gen Firebirds! :2thumbsup:

Me, too - I love (old) F-bodies, even if the front subframe did come out of a Nova. :laugh:

Someone from a different department got their hands on an Excel macro tool for converting CSV data into a pretty spreadsheet from a sister office, and wanted my help tweaking it. OK cool, something interesting to do that requires brain power... Well, not exactly, the way it's built you copy ONE SINGLE ROW of data from the CSV into the template and it does its magic. All she wants to do is bypass the copy and paste step. :confused: Seriously? You're THAT lazy? But I can't really complain, cuz I'm bored as hell and have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

I swear, the 'net has just utterly spoiled people. And these are the same people who, in turn, don't want to pay *us* -- the ones who made / make the magic happen.
Oh well...not my worry, these days.
"What -- that cut rate H1-B worker you hired at my expense isn't cutting it for your project with unalterable scope and immovable deadline? Go find an elf." LMAO

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Have to go the the in-laws this morning and edge around their garden for them then off to get a wheel alignment again.

Cut the grass when I get home and then hit the pool for a bit.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
We had some pretty strong storms pass through here in the middle of the night. Plenty of twigs, leaves and branches in the streets this morning on the way to work. Saw a few damaged fence gates in the neighborhood too. I saw some small branches in the back yard near the patio, so decided to walk the property, since I hadn't done so in over a week.

Some of my old/spare fence sections got knocked over. No biggie there... Further back, one of the trees that had a lot of dead sections thanks to our bipolar winter, couldn't hold up and many of the trunk/branch sections snapped. So I'll need to get out the sawzall and deal with those later this week before I go to mow the yard at some point this coming weekend. I SHOULD probably do it now, since the weather is pretty nice with that front passing through, but I'm not feeling it right now. :no:

IMG_20180723_172414.jpgIMG_20180723_172635.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bought 2 out of the 5 gallons of Black Plastidip that'll be applied to the truck soon. Bought the dip sprayer system a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Looking at wheels for the F3 tonight after work. The guy that started the project put Chevy front rotors on it with the typical 8x6.5 pattern, so I found a set of Alcoa wheels off an F350 with that same pattern. Hopefully they're nice wheels cuz that will be one more thing out of the way.

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube village again

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Just got the green light to order big ol wheels and tires for the TB as well. Good things to come. :salivate:

Reactions: Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Very much trying to not lose my mind.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Went to move things out of the pyro clean and damn near set my hot gloves on fire. Letting that cool some more.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Not a great day...
- Paid a visit to the local shop specializing in tonneaus & caps, in hopes they could help identify the maker of my tonneau, so I could see if parts were available. They were as clueless as I was. Couldn't even identify the clamps that fasten it to the frame / bed. Not looking good.

Then I got home.
Check my Amazon delivery for today - and it had been made (pic as proof). Not 12min before I got home and checked. Needless to say - it wasn't there any longer. First time I've *ever* had a package stolen in the 15 yrs I've lived here (I'm assuming it was stolen; not like it was delivered to the wrong house, per the picture. So unless the box grew legs and walked away...)

I was *gone* longer than 12 min - but got home within 12min of the package being delivered, per Amazon's timestamping. And it was gone.

So then I look on Amazon's site, not expecting much, to be honest. And their advice was... "wait 36hrs". For what? Guilt to set in, with the party who took it?

(On edit - I was able to report it missing to Amazon - and they were going to have their Logistics dept call me (I wondered if the driver was being followed, it happened so quick). Before I had them call, I looked one more time - and the package was there. So it must've been delivered *after* I got home - ? Weird. I know they're reporting it delivered sooner than they actually did - but the picture. That part, I can't figure out. Oh well - at least I have the package, and I don't suspect a thief any longer. :: embarrassed::

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Right now, working a pre-retirement overtime shift. Weather sucks this week so I.might as well. Can't do anything else.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In the cube farm biding my time til I am released to go home

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Sitting at work, waiting to get out. Picking up a couple transmission cases for the F3 project because a bearing race on the old one is chipped and cracked. The guy has three of them and I can't decide if I want to buy two for $30 or all three for $40.

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Counting down the days until my staycation starts (week from yesterday) Of course, weather forecast is calling for rain every-damn-day at this point, but it's still pretty far out, so that will likely change.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online